Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,829 members, 7,810,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:51 PM

Does Your Girlfriend Now Disrespect You? Check This Out!!! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Does Your Girlfriend Now Disrespect You? Check This Out!!! (1007 Views)

I Broke Up With My Girlfriend Now Shes Back But I Am Confused / My Ex Girlfriend Now Hates Me / I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Your Girlfriend Now Disrespect You? Check This Out!!! by Thehatman: 5:31pm On Jun 27, 2019
Most of us wonder why our girlfriend unexpectedly started disrespecting us. We know there is a reason for that but we couldn't just put our hands on whatever could have been the issue.

A lot of promising relationships plunge helplessly into disarray due to loss of respect in the relationship. To be respected is a craving thirsted for by all and sundry. We all want that sense of regard about ourselves.

For guys, being respected is a measure of recognition and adoration. As a real man we love to call the shots anywhere we are. We thrive on the reverence we are accorded. Loss of respect is tantamount to loss of control. When we lose our girlfriend’s respect for us in our relationship, we lose control over the relationship.

We will quickly be discussing some of the reasons why the respect was lost and how to fully get it back.

1. RESPECT HER IN PUBLIC:

It is often said, “respect is reciprocal”, indeed you have to treat others the way you want them to treat you. You can’t expect someone to truly respect you when you treat them like shit.

Respect is a two –way street, if you want to get it, you’ve got to give it-------R.G Risch

Your girlfriend is a human, and needs to be treated like one. You can’t continue to treat her like shit in public; abusing her, beating her, embarrassing her, and you expect her to sustain her respect for you. You can be sure over time she will start fighting back – in one way or the other.

Be aware that the way you treat her in public is the way others will treat her.

Her respect for you will have a multiplier effect when you respect her in public.
I know your girlfriend can be annoying sometimes, the onus lies on you to handle her with a matured mind.

A great man is the man who knows how to restrict himself from doing some things, even though he knows he has the capability to do it – you shouldn’t beat her, just because you have the strength to do so. Moreover, beating your girlfriend in public or private is a sign of immaturity and a very low self esteem.

Respecting her in public doesn’t mean you are lily-livered, it shows how mannered you are in respecting yourself in public.

2. BE TRULY CONFIDENT & COURAGEOUS

Am not talking about the fake stuff that some guys display around, am talking about being the guy that is ready to stand for what he truly believes in.

The world’s view about a typical man is that of a bold, confident, courageous, valiant and self-reliant. Every lady wants a knight in shining armour with these qualities. These is the pre-conceived mindset they have being programmed with.

As a man you must be able to stand up for yourself, be bold enough to speak up when there is a wrong. A real man fights for what he believes in. These displayed qualities in you is what proves to your lady that you can protect her.

3. BE IN CONTROL OF YOUR LIFE

Respect yourself and others will respect you ------Confucius

To be truly confident and courageous you must be in absolute control of your life. Inner victory is what produces outward victory. You must be in charge and total control of your personal life to be able to confidently take control of your relationship.

A smart, visionary girlfriend will only respect an equal or smarter boyfriend.

Taking control of your life involves having an achievable vision, obtainable mission and a realistic plan for you future. It involves going after what you want and love.

No smart, ambitious girlfriend wanting the best out of life will want to be led by a rudderless boyfriend.
Have all your life worked out, she will respect you for this and want to follow and support you to achieve it.

You are the guy in the relationship, so act like it.

4. BE HONEST

Treat people the way you want to be treated. Talk to people the way you want to be talked to. Respect is earned , not given----------Hussein Nishah

How do you feel when you finally realize someone has been lying to you for so long, and making a fool out of you?

You feel embarrassed, disappointed, betrayed and at that instant lose the respect you have for the person.

This is, of a truth, how your girlfriend feels when she discovers you lied to her. You don’t want to be that guy that can’t be taken for his word.
Develop the habit of saying things the way they really are, being a man of integrity cannot be overemphasized. Be truthful.

5. APPRECIATE HER

We all crave acceptance, validation and approval. We covet jealously attention, affirmation and acknowledgement. Without all these we feel insignificant, worthless and irrelevant.

You need to start appreciating your girlfriend over things she does for you. Does she cook for you? Do some of your laundry? Run some errands for you? Appreciate her over little things like these.

On her birthdays or other special occasions do things differently, is not about expensive stuffs, just make the ordinary extraordinary and she will be in your debt.

Ladies are fragile entities that relies heavily on what is being said about them. Give her that sense of relevance and worth and she will respect you for it. If you don’t treat her like these, nobody will treat her like the queen you know she is.

Stop thinking that if you appreciate her she will start misbehaving, is only an insecure man that will think in that manner.

6. NEVER BE NEEDY

A man is only insecure about a female, when he knows she deserves better ------InstaQuote

Being needy is a big turn-off for ladies. As much as ladies love companionship too much of it really destroys her respect for you. Understand she needs to have some alone time with her friends and colleagues . You don’t need to always know where she is , what she is doing- these are insecure guys attributes.

You don’t need her affirmation every time for you to be sure that she truly loves you, neither do you need her presence always to be sure about it.

Grow out of this!!!

7. Be Mature

Do you always hold your girlfriend’s mistakes against her, after she has apologized or sought your forgiveness for it?

I hate to break it to you, but this is a sign of immaturity. Maturity dictates that when you forgive her, you try to forget it.

I know it is easier said than done, but you just have to try your best over time you will forget. I was once in your shoes, I can go for days reminding my girlfriend of what she has done in the past on any slight provocation. But I got sick of this sense of immaturity.

Maturity in relationship is indispensable for a guy, it accords you your well-deserved respect.

Do you have an additional reason, please do share with us.

1 Like

Re: Does Your Girlfriend Now Disrespect You? Check This Out!!! by CosmicPhoenix: 5:44pm On Jun 27, 2019
if you dont have money 95% of nigerian ladies will never respect you
Re: Does Your Girlfriend Now Disrespect You? Check This Out!!! by Thehatman: 5:51pm On Jun 27, 2019
CosmicPhoenix:
if you dont have money 95% of nigerian ladies will never respect you

Yeah money is indispensable......is the oil for a smooth relationship grin
Re: Does Your Girlfriend Now Disrespect You? Check This Out!!! by Anagha123: 6:03pm On Jun 27, 2019
Money is the key to get respect in any relationship.
My brother go and hustle for money and leave this epistle for Foreigners.
In Nigeria, everything answer to Money.
Re: Does Your Girlfriend Now Disrespect You? Check This Out!!! by zyzxx(m): 6:57pm On Jun 27, 2019
Ladies love 3 things
1. Money
2. More Money

7. More more more Money

(1) (Reply)

Come On! Lets Have A Little Sex / 4 Ways To Last Longer In Bed Without Any Pills / How To Communicate With A Partner That Stammers.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.