Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,675 members, 7,823,909 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:00 PM

History : True Cause Of The Civil War - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / History : True Cause Of The Civil War (7272 Views)

Ayo Adebanjo: Ojukwu Betrayed Awolowo With The Civil War / Onoja: What We Did To Biafra Soldiers During The Civil War / 'nigerian Army Was Soft On Biafrans During Civil War' - President Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: History : True Cause Of The Civil War by leokid866: 11:38pm On Jun 28, 2019
Donald95:

You are just saying it as if he woke up one day without consulting Chiefs in the Eastern region B4 declaring Biafra

Oga plus him, plus his chiefs, plus all his advisers they were only concerned with the now, and as a general he messed up because he was not concerned with the future. Instead of declaring biafra if he had put all of his resources towards pushing for a democracy shey that wouldn't have made more sense. His actions lingered far beyond the civil war years which till date nigeria still suffers. But no he is your hero isn't he?

1 Like

Re: History : True Cause Of The Civil War by leokid866: 11:40pm On Jun 28, 2019
goodnessme1:
you are not making any sense.

Really none of that made sense to you?
Please share some of your sense with me. What would you have done? I'm asking in all honesty and humility.
Re: History : True Cause Of The Civil War by Donald95(m): 11:43pm On Jun 28, 2019
leokid866:

Ask yourself why they were not imprisoned in any south west or northern state?

So, where did Chris Anuforo,
Don Okafor and other conspirators imprisoned and later got killed??
Re: History : True Cause Of The Civil War by Donald95(m): 11:45pm On Jun 28, 2019
leokid866:

Oga plus him, plus his chiefs, plus all his advisers they were only concerned with the now, and as a general he messed up because he was not concerned with the future. Instead of declaring biafra if he had put all of his resources towards pushing for a democracy shey that wouldn't have made more sense. His actions lingered far beyond the civil war years which till date nigeria still suffers. But no he is your hero isn't he?

But you people are accusing Benue governor, Enugu governor of weakness for not empowering vigilante group to fight off Fulani Herdsmen. Hypocrisy defined
Re: History : True Cause Of The Civil War by leokid866: 11:50pm On Jun 28, 2019
Donald95:

But you people are accusing Benue governor, Enugu governor of weakness for not empowering vigilante group to fight off Fulani Herdsmen. Hypocrisy defined

Oga that is a seperate issue don't deviate. I do not support any of the nonsense going on with nigerias security, I do not see the benue or enugu governor as weak if anything they have tried beyond their capabilities. I pray Nigeria will eventually have sense to start practicing true federalism. Let each state defend its borders and provide security and development for its people. If ojukwu had sense he would put his weight towards democracy and then the practice of true federalism. But no oga boss had to remain oga boss...

1 Like

Re: History : True Cause Of The Civil War by leokid866: 11:56pm On Jun 28, 2019
Donald95:

Out of how many that participated in the coup?
Re: History : True Cause Of The Civil War by Donald95(m): 12:01am On Jun 29, 2019
leokid866:

Oga that is a seperate issue don't deviate. I do not support any of the nonsense going on with nigerias security, I do not see the benue or enugu governor as weak if anything they have tried beyond their capabilities. I pray Nigeria will eventually have sense to start practicing true federalism. Let each state defend its borders and provide security and development for its people. If ojukwu had sense he would put his weight towards democracy and then the practice of true federalism. But no oga boss had to remain oga boss...

Then what if Federal Is against you while you are trying to defend your territory?
Re: History : True Cause Of The Civil War by Donald95(m): 12:02am On Jun 29, 2019
leokid866:

Out of how many that participated in the coup?
Why don't you research
Re: History : True Cause Of The Civil War by leokid866: 12:05am On Jun 29, 2019
Donald95:

And you forget their prison was broken into before they were executed. What they did was treasonous and punishable by death. Yet they were in prison for 8 months under heavy guard with no head way to their judgement coming forth.
Re: History : True Cause Of The Civil War by leokid866: 12:08am On Jun 29, 2019
Donald95:

Then what if Federal Is against you while you are trying to defend your territory?

Oga federal power was against the igbos and yorubas was he the only one? Stop thinking like a child. Why didn't the yorubas secede and declare the states of Ife. ojukwu was an impatient man with no foresight.

1 Like

Re: History : True Cause Of The Civil War by leokid866: 12:14am On Jun 29, 2019
Donald95:

Why don't you research

I have, have you?
Re: History : True Cause Of The Civil War by Donald95(m): 12:17am On Jun 29, 2019
leokid866:

Oga federal power was against the igbos and yorubas was he the only one? Stop thinking like a child. Why didn't the yorubas secede and declare the states of Ife. ojukwu was an impatient man with no foresight.

Yorubas were not the victims of the Pogrom. And unlike other tribes that can condone such injustice, Southerners are known to always stand up against invasion or injustice. Go and read about us B4 invasion of Brits.I Think you are no longer making points. I must take my leave.
Re: History : True Cause Of The Civil War by reality1010: 12:39am On Jun 29, 2019
Donald95:

Why Exactly do People blame Ojukwu?? Should we blame it on their failure to read history or should we blame it on the government that failed to teach history?

Do you you expect him to be clapping or crying while his people is being massacred for what they don't know about
The massacre of d igbos had been there before 1966 coup. Since the igbos resisted the massacre in 1966, the minority tribes in the north are the ones been massacre and their lands confiscated.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: History : True Cause Of The Civil War by reality1010: 12:48am On Jun 29, 2019
leokid866:

Yorubas not declaring ife or whatever country was their own selfish reason. Just few days ago ,Tinubu and Afenifere paid PMB a visit.The only thing Tinubu could say is that the yorubas will remain in Nigeria and that they believe in one Nigeria.And I wonder if anyone had asked him or his ppl to leave Nigeria. Or maybe the presidency asked him and his ppl if they wanted to leave Nigeria.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: History : True Cause Of The Civil War by leokid866: 1:12am On Jun 29, 2019
reality1010:

Yorubas not declaring ife or whatever country was their own selfish reason. Just few days ago ,Tinubu and Afenifere paid PMB a visit.The only thing Tinubu could say is that the yorubas will remain in Nigeria and that they believe in one Nigeria.And I wonder if anyone had asked him or his ppl to leave Nigeria. Or maybe the presidency asked him and his ppl if they wanted to leave Nigeria.

Really, that's the only thing they went to say or that's the only thing you heard they went to say? If you had bothered to pick up any newspaper that reported on the event you would have read where they also asked for state policing and true federalism to start in nigeria, do you really hate Tinubu and the Yorubas that much or you just like playing ignorance?
Re: History : True Cause Of The Civil War by leokid866: 1:18am On Jun 29, 2019
Donald95:

Yorubas were not the victims of the Pogrom. And unlike other tribes that can condone such injustice, Southerners are known to always stand up against invasion or injustice. Go and read about us B4 invasion of Brits.I Think you are no longer making points. I must take my leave.

Sorry what? What happened at pogrom that had not happened before in history? I feel sad and horrified about those events hapoening in Nigeria but you had a chance for a better reaction as a people, instead someone said to you let's throw three years and three million human lives down the drain just to end up back in square one and you all applauded him.
Re: History : True Cause Of The Civil War by leokid866: 1:23am On Jun 29, 2019
Donald95:

Please where did your standing up lead you? When you were eventually forced to your knees. All I'm saying is the entire situation could have been handled better with less consequences, surely even you must know that.
Re: History : True Cause Of The Civil War by Arda1000(m): 6:05am On Jun 29, 2019
Juliusmalema:

Balderdash
Off trajectory...

Which state are you from since you Igbo?
Ebonyi
Re: History : True Cause Of The Civil War by Nobody: 6:47am On Jun 29, 2019
Arda1000:
Ebonyi

Imagine and you have the effrontery to challenge Igbo man like me.........Take time oooo....

When we speak, you sit and watch.
Re: History : True Cause Of The Civil War by Arda1000(m): 7:31am On Jun 29, 2019
Juliusmalema:

Imagine and you have the effrontery to challenge Igbo man like me.........Take time oooo....

When we speak, you sit and watch.
wetin u mean

1 Like

Re: History : True Cause Of The Civil War by Nobody: 7:44am On Jun 29, 2019
Arda1000:
wetin u mean

Leave what I mean for now....

How was your night?
Re: History : True Cause Of The Civil War by Arda1000(m): 8:36am On Jun 29, 2019
Juliusmalema:

Leave what I mean for now....

How was your night?
good 4 my side.
urs?
Re: History : True Cause Of The Civil War by reality1010: 8:44am On Jun 29, 2019
leokid866:

Really, that's the only thing they went to say or that's the only thing you heard they went to say? If you had bothered to pick up any newspaper that reported on the event you would have read where they also asked for state policing and true federalism to start in nigeria, do you really hate Tinubu and the Yorubas that much or you just like playing ignorance?
It's not about abusing ppl that u get fact or learning but probing into issues to get facts. Tinubu was tracked up on NTA NEWS AT 9PM. THIS IS NOT NEWSPAPER REPORTAGE BUT FACTS WHICH IS BASED ON PERSONAL OR GUEST SPEAKING. I hope this will correct u.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: History : True Cause Of The Civil War by Justiceleague1: 8:49am On Jun 29, 2019
Chizuru01:

The bolded funny me die

Shut up. You are just making sports of yourself.

1 Like

Re: History : True Cause Of The Civil War by Nobody: 8:53am On Jun 29, 2019
Arda1000:
good 4 my side.
urs?

Awesome.
Re: History : True Cause Of The Civil War by 7lives: 10:53am On Jun 29, 2019
reality1010:

It's not about abusing ppl that u get fact or learning but probing into issues to get facts. Tinubu was tracked up on NTA NEWS AT 9PM. THIS IS NOT NEWSPAPER REPORTAGE BUT FACTS WHICH IS BASED ON PERSONAL OR GUEST SPEAKING. I hope this will correct u.

You people are NOT serious, what has Yoruba stand on Nigeria got to do with Igbo stand?.
All that Ojukwu needed to do was NUKE the two bridges joining the rest of Nigeria to SE, but no, he will rather come to Yorubaland to save the Yorubas as if Yorubas asked him to save them, bloody expansionist.
Yoruba agenda can NEVER be the same with Igbo agenda, we are not even related, what nonsense.
Your fore fathers rejected the Ideas of a break up when it matter most, because they taught they could end up sitting high up there to suppress the rest of Nigeria, unfortunately the agenda failed.
How can you people insist on taking others down the road to perdition, who ever wants to go down should do so alone.

3 Likes

Re: History : True Cause Of The Civil War by 7lives: 10:54am On Jun 29, 2019
grin grin grin
Re: History : True Cause Of The Civil War by leokid866: 10:57am On Jun 29, 2019
reality1010:

Every news agency carried the story and it was online. What are you talking about. They went there not only to let Buhari know that the yorubas are committed to the Nigerian agenda but to also ask for true federalism

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/afenifere-yoruba-elders-meet-buhari-seek-true-federalism/amp/

Follow the link to the story and stop been ignorant.

1 Like

Re: History : True Cause Of The Civil War by Arda1000(m): 4:22pm On Jun 29, 2019
Juliusmalema:

Awesome.
so wetin u come mean.. ABI u dey 4 Ebonyi lesser Igbo group?
Re: History : True Cause Of The Civil War by Nobody: 6:01pm On Jun 29, 2019
Arda1000:
so wetin u come mean..
ABI u dey 4 Ebonyi lesser Igbo group?

Hapu okwu, ubochi nta, k'anyi chuo na-owerre nchi.
Re: History : True Cause Of The Civil War by Arda1000(m): 9:25pm On Jun 29, 2019
Juliusmalema:

Hapu okwu, ubochi nta, k'anyi chuo na-owerre nchi.
aghotarrom ilu gi

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

. / Power Sector: Reps Okay Bill To Create Royalty For Host Communities / Debt Servicing: Nigeria Paid $598.59m To World Bank, China In 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.