Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,539 members, 7,823,364 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:09 AM

History : True Cause Of The Civil War - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / History : True Cause Of The Civil War (7261 Views)

Ayo Adebanjo: Ojukwu Betrayed Awolowo With The Civil War / Onoja: What We Did To Biafra Soldiers During The Civil War / 'nigerian Army Was Soft On Biafrans During Civil War' - President Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: History : True Cause Of The Civil War by goodnessme1(f): 9:32pm On Jun 28, 2019
Tajbol4splend:

Of course call them off, he was the one that prepared and trained them for the war
call them off as how.
Again Ojukwu did not prepare and train anyone for war,the war was brought to their doorstep and everybody joined hand in defending our people.
My father was not a soldier but he joined the biafra army to defend our territory.

the question is if you are military head of your people like Ojukwu,and your people are been massacred and the state governor like Gowon is not do anything to stop it.

WHAT WILL YOU DO.

4 Likes

Re: History : True Cause Of The Civil War by leokid866: 9:35pm On Jun 28, 2019
Donald95:

1.Trust me, Biafra Army were more organized than Nigeria soldiers that believes that number means strength. And also, they don't need to send military B4 we know they are supporting. Just one order from USA will do alot but, the thing is that Brits are with Nigeria

2. Russia was still in USSR and they backed Nigeria. France backed Biafra through Gabon because they where trying to expand it's colonial territory in Africa not cheaper price of oil. USA didn't back Nigeria, they just looked the other way. British supported Nigeria in all angle.

First sorry meant Germany, secondly I'm not saying the biafran army was not organised they were, but they were an army with a life span of less than a year. I'm not saying the men in the army had no experience of war or combat, but as a body they lacked the experience the nigerian army had.
Re: History : True Cause Of The Civil War by leokid866: 9:40pm On Jun 28, 2019
goodnessme1:
call them off as how.
Again Ojukwu did not prepare and train anyone for war,the war was brought to their doorstep and everybody joined hand in defending our people.
My father was not a soldier but he joined the biafra army to defend our territory.

the question is if you are military head of your people like Ojukwu,and your people are been massacred and the state governor like Gowon is not do anything to stop it.

WHAT WILL YOU DO.

I'm not arguing with your logic my uncles also joined the army on the Nigerian side when ojukwu declared biafra, but let me ask you this, what did ojukwu expect would happen after his declaration. You as a reasoning human looking back at history from the american civil war what do you think was going to happen after?
Also with the way everything played out, was it worth it?

1 Like

Re: History : True Cause Of The Civil War by Donald95(m): 9:44pm On Jun 28, 2019
leokid866:

Truth is both sides flaunted that Accord. Let's tell ourselves the truth each side had a part to play in that matter, nobody hand clean.

How did Ojukwu flaunt it?
Re: History : True Cause Of The Civil War by leokid866: 9:46pm On Jun 28, 2019
goodnessme1:
but if it was igbos that disobeyed the accord,it will always be a topic for you guys how igbos destroyed this and that.

Is that not Hypocrisy?

Both sides went against that accord. Nobody hand clean for that matter.
Re: History : True Cause Of The Civil War by Tajbol4splend(m): 9:51pm On Jun 28, 2019
goodnessme1:
call them off as how.

WHAT WILL YOU DO.

I can argue for hours but only to the course of making the truth clear not winning the argument, you are an Igbo and already have what you want to believe, you don't care if it's the truth or not so what's the point continuing the argument with you, have a good night
Re: History : True Cause Of The Civil War by Donald95(m): 9:52pm On Jun 28, 2019
leokid866:

First sorry meant Germany, secondly I'm not saying the biafran army was not organised they were, but they were an army with a life span of less than a year. I'm not saying the men in the army had no experience of war or combat, but as a body they lacked the experience the nigerian army had.

Gowon thought like you at the initial, but he was surprised how long Biafrans with life expectancy of 3 months stood their ground for 3 years.

Biafran Army had Structure, Body. Civil war for indepence is usually fought by inexperienced Farmers or civilians. The only thing Nigeria had over Biafrans was international sponsors

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: History : True Cause Of The Civil War by Donald95(m): 9:53pm On Jun 28, 2019
leokid866:

How exactly bro?
Re: History : True Cause Of The Civil War by Tajbol4splend(m): 9:54pm On Jun 28, 2019
leokid866:

I'm not arguing with your logic my uncles also joined the army on the Nigerian side when ojukwu declared biafra, but let me ask you this, what did ojukwu expect would happen after his declaration. You as a reasoning human looking back at history from the american civil war what do you think was going to happen after?

Lives lost to what course? Absolutely nothing

1 Like

Re: History : True Cause Of The Civil War by leokid866: 9:54pm On Jun 28, 2019
Donald95:

Gowon thought like you at the initial, but he was surprised how long Biafrans with life expectancy of 3 months stood their ground for 3 years.

Biafran Army had Structure, Body. Civil war for indepence is usually fought by inexperienced Farmers or civilians. The only thing Nigeria had over Biafrans was international sponsors

France, germany, Portugal, China they are not international enough for you? My uncle a farmer as well so what is your point?
Re: History : True Cause Of The Civil War by leokid866: 9:55pm On Jun 28, 2019
Tajbol4splend:

Exactly.
Re: History : True Cause Of The Civil War by goodnessme1(f): 9:56pm On Jun 28, 2019
Tajbol4splend:

I can argue for hours but only to the course of making the truth clear not winning the argument, you are an Igbo and already have what you want to believe, you don't care if it's the truth or not so what's the point continuing the argument with you, have a good night
ofcourse i know you dont have anything to say.

As an enemy of Igbos you have believed what you like.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: History : True Cause Of The Civil War by Tajbol4splend(m): 9:57pm On Jun 28, 2019
goodnessme1:
ofcourse i know you dont have anything to say.

As an enemy of Igbos you have believed what you like.

Enemy? You can't be serious

1 Like

Re: History : True Cause Of The Civil War by goodnessme1(f): 10:01pm On Jun 28, 2019
Re: History : True Cause Of The Civil War by goodnessme1(f): 10:03pm On Jun 28, 2019
leokid866:

How did Ojukwu flaunt it?
Re: History : True Cause Of The Civil War by goodnessme1(f): 10:10pm On Jun 28, 2019
leokid866:

what should Ojukwu have done,fold his hands and watch while his people are be massacred,

if you are in Ojukwu's shoes what would you have done?
That is question i ask one of your brother and he run away.

Pls dont run like him, Tell me what you will do if you were him.
Re: History : True Cause Of The Civil War by Donald95(m): 10:11pm On Jun 28, 2019
Tajbol4splend:

But, I don't blame Biafrans for defending their land. If not, it would have been more devastating
Re: History : True Cause Of The Civil War by Donald95(m): 10:16pm On Jun 28, 2019
leokid866:

1. Biafrans would have won hands down if not for Britain, Egypt e.t.c

2. Ojukwu knew their maybe war, but Blockades by international Air Force from Egypt and Russia working for Nigeria was least expected
Re: History : True Cause Of The Civil War by leokid866: 10:17pm On Jun 28, 2019
Donald95:

How exactly bro?

Members agree that the legislative and executive authority of the Federal Military Government should remain in the Supreme Military Council, to which any decision affecting the whole country shall be referred for determination provided that where it is possible for a meeting to be held the matter requiring determination must be referred to military governors for their comment and concurrence. See where it says any decision affecting the whole country should be referred, also ojukwu was a member of the federal military government of the time, but after the continued hunt of the igbos after the accord instead of him to present the matter before the international community and the countries heads for a hearing, he hurried to declare biafra which is what I'm sure gowon really wanted him to do, and he fell for it like a fool. Three years, three million lives lost and 120 million lives ruined all for a pissing contest.

1 Like

Re: History : True Cause Of The Civil War by leokid866: 10:21pm On Jun 28, 2019
Donald95:

2. Ojukwu knew their maybe war, but Blockades by international Air Force from Egypt and Russia working for Nigeria was least expected

How was that not expected? How do you declare your rented boys quarters your private property and still expect your land lord to be feeding you from his kitchen? You think he doesn't have sense? If the case was reversed you think ojukwu won't have taken the same steps?

1 Like

Re: History : True Cause Of The Civil War by leokid866: 10:30pm On Jun 28, 2019
Donald95:

Don't you even know what war means? In case you don't let me break it down for you, it means once it starts I will use every and anything I have in my possession to destroy your will to fight, I'll use my teeth if it came down to it. Stop defending his actions he f*cked us all the moment he declared biafra. Did he think gowon was just going to be looking at him? He basically came and shat in all our plates of food.

2 Likes

Re: History : True Cause Of The Civil War by oyatz(m): 10:38pm On Jun 28, 2019
So we get unknown father too?
I only know of unknown soldiers.

Donald95:

Nzeogwu was born by immigrant mother from the Mid-Western Region-Okpanam Town and unknown man who might even be an Hausa man. But my Question is, why would ndi Igbo and SS doing business suffer for what they are not part of.
Re: History : True Cause Of The Civil War by leokid866: 10:42pm On Jun 28, 2019
goodnessme1:
what should Ojukwu have done,fold his hands and watch while his people are be massacred,

if you are in Ojukwu's shoes what would you have done?
That is question i ask one of your brother and he run away.

Pls dont run like him, Tell me what you will do if you were him.
I would have asked my people to move back within our lands, work on developing our lands, start making friends with other countries around my land especially those linked by land, make more foreign and international friends that would bring foreign investment into the states under my purview, make friends with the south west states as they were also a minority in the Nigerian structure, focus on education and technology, read a f*cking book to find what the fallout of a civil war could be for my people in the next three years especially if I loose, smoke some weed, chill, start a push for democracy, then put a 10 year plan In place to make sure my people are running the country at the end of it. Not wake up in the morning to turn a blind eye to history and endanger not just my people but their future and standing in the Nigerian structure. He had options but he threw it all away just show the world his pen*s works.

1 Like

Re: History : True Cause Of The Civil War by Donald95(m): 11:00pm On Jun 28, 2019
leokid866:

Members agree that the legislative and executive authority of the Federal Military Government should remain in the Supreme Military Council, to which any decision affecting the whole country shall be referred for determination provided that where it is possible for a meeting to be held the matter requiring determination must be referred to military governors for their comment and concurrence. See where it says any decision affecting the whole country should be referred, also ojukwu was a member of the federal military government of the time, but after the continued hunt of the igbos after the accord instead of him to present the matter before the international community and the countries heads for a hearing, he hurried to declare biafra which is what I'm sure gowon really wanted him to do, and he fell for it like a fool. Three years, three million lives lost and 120 million lives ruined all for a pissing contest.

Let me tell you few things.

1. SMC, The Supreme Military Council consisted of the Regional Military Governors and the Military Administrator of the Federal Territory, the Heads of the Nigerian Army, Navy and Air Force, the Chief of Staff of the Armed Forces and the Inspector-General of Police or his Deputy. And what Aburi Accord implies that , weighty cases will be thrown out and deliberated on B4 final decision will be made by the military head of State. The main purpose is to reduce the power vested in one man.

The SMC would run the affairs of the country, but not without consulting the regions as represented by the military governors. This was something akin to federalism, even under a military government.

Other terms of the agreement include that appointments to senior ranks in the police, diplomatic and consular services as well as appointment to superscale posts in the federal civil service and the equivalent posts in the statutory corporations must be approved by the SMC.

Enlighten yourself the more bro here

http://www.eurony.com.ng/2018/07/the-aburi-accord-that-would-have-saved.html?m=1

2. Make more research bro, Ojukwu played the tape of the Aburi Accord over and over again and also informed international communities.Go and read what Adesina said about Ojukwu when he died. Its here

https://mobile.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=575471825977632&id=541426556048826&substory_index=0&_rdc=1&_rdr

I have a question for you. Why did Gowon reject the accord seeing how heated the country was??
Re: History : True Cause Of The Civil War by goodnessme1(f): 11:01pm On Jun 28, 2019
leokid866:
I would have asked my people to move back within our lands, work on developing our lands, start making friends with other countries around my land especially those linked by land, make more foreign and international friends that would bring foreign investment into the states under my purview, make friends with the south west states as they were also a minority in the Nigerian structure, focus on education and technology, read a f*cking book to find what the fallout of a civil war could be for my people in the next three years especially if I loose, smoke some weed, chill, start a push for democracy, then put a 10 year plan In place to make sure my people are running the country at the end of it. Not wake up in the morning to turn a blind eye to history and endanger not just my people but their future and standing in the Nigerian structure. He had options but he threw it all away just show the world his pen*s works.
you are not making any sense.
Re: History : True Cause Of The Civil War by Donald95(m): 11:05pm On Jun 28, 2019
leokid866:

How was that not expected? How do you declare your rented boys quarters your private property and still expect your land lord to be feeding you from his kitchen? You think he doesn't have sense? If the case was reversed you think ojukwu won't have taken the same steps?

1.You are misunderstanding everything bro. We never asked to be fed by anyone .

2. Ojukwu wouldn't have done the same as Gowon if the reverse was the case, Igbo man wouldn't have looked the other way when his brothers are killing other tribe. Aguiyi Ironsi Arrested all the Coup plotters immediately he came into power.
Gowon never made any arrest, infact, police and military joined hands and killed people trying to escape from Lahos
Re: History : True Cause Of The Civil War by Donald95(m): 11:14pm On Jun 28, 2019
leokid866:

Look at the way you are just saying as if Ojukwu knew war was coming and made mistake of not making Ally B4 time. Only if you can put yourself in his shoes.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: History : True Cause Of The Civil War by leokid866: 11:30pm On Jun 28, 2019
Donald95:

Look at the way you are just saying as if Ojukwu knew war was coming and made mistake of not making Ally B4 time. Only if you can put yourself in his shoes.

Oga he was a General......a General.....how do you become a general and nor have sense. Outside of been a general he was a save business man. You think if the people at Apple ear that Microsoft is bringing out a new device or system that could cut their market share in half they would not start taking immediate steps to hold onto their market? My qualms with him was he knew what was going to happen if he declared biafra and still went ahead to f*ck us all over, whether he made alies or not he should have not declared biafra in the first place. And at the end of it all he ran away like a bi*ch. That running away is what pisses me off the most. You gathered men, women, and children to fight and die for your cause and at the end of it all you run away to go die in comfort. And worse still he died in comfort and peace and they still went to bury him in Grand style. If I were igbo I would be pissing on his grave every morning.

1 Like

Re: History : True Cause Of The Civil War by leokid866: 11:32pm On Jun 28, 2019
Donald95:

2. Ojukwu wouldn't have done the same as Gowon if the reverse was the case, Igbo man wouldn't have looked the other way when his brothers are killing other tribe. Aguiyi Ironsi Arrested all the Coup plotters immediately he came into power.
Gowon never made any arrest, infact, police and military joined hands and killed people trying to escape from Lahos

You mean the men that were receiving prostitutes in their cells? Or the 27 of their kinsman they let escape the couple they plotted while they murdered yoruba and Hausa elders?

1 Like

Re: History : True Cause Of The Civil War by Donald95(m): 11:33pm On Jun 28, 2019
leokid866:

Oga he was a General......a General.....how do you become a general and nor have sense. Outside of been a general he was a save business man. You think if the people at Apple ear that Microsoft is bringing out a new device or system that could cut their market share in half they would not start taking immediate steps to hold onto their market? My qualms with him was he knew what was going to happen if he declared biafra and still went ahead to f*ck us all over, whether he made alies or not he should have not declared biafra in the first place. And at the end of it all he ran away like a bi*ch. That running away is what pisses me off the most. You gathered men, women, and children to fight and die for your cause and at the end of it all you run away to go die in comfort. And worse still he died in comfort and peace and they still went to bury him in Grand style. If I were igbo I would be pissing on his grave every morning.

You are just saying it as if he woke up one day without consulting Chiefs in the Eastern region B4 declaring Biafra
Re: History : True Cause Of The Civil War by leokid866: 11:34pm On Jun 28, 2019
Donald95:

Ask yourself why they were not imprisoned in any south west or northern state?

1 Like

Re: History : True Cause Of The Civil War by Donald95(m): 11:35pm On Jun 28, 2019
leokid866:

You mean the men that were receiving prostitutes in their cells? Or the 27 of their kinsman they let escape the couple they plotted while they murdered yoruba and Hausa elders?
You are confusing yourself with Dimka

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Bandits Attack Barawa, Katsina, Kill 4, Injure Others / Senate To FG: Halt Any Plans Of Increase In Electricity Tariff / Boko Haram Attacks Geidam Township In Yobe State.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.