Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,558 members, 7,823,456 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:24 AM

History : True Cause Of The Civil War - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / History : True Cause Of The Civil War (7262 Views)

Ayo Adebanjo: Ojukwu Betrayed Awolowo With The Civil War / Onoja: What We Did To Biafra Soldiers During The Civil War / 'nigerian Army Was Soft On Biafrans During Civil War' - President Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: History : True Cause Of The Civil War by helinues: 12:47pm On Jun 28, 2019
Juliusmalema:

I guess not the one that is currently been spread by your brother Osoba...

Trouble maker himself
Re: History : True Cause Of The Civil War by Donald95(m): 12:47pm On Jun 28, 2019
Tajbol4splend:

Innocent? Did you read the article at all? Perhaps you read it but couldn't skim the gist. The Igbos were the ones that started it by killing the northern leaders and then the northerners too retaliated and brutalized the Igbos residing in the north, but the northern leaders had edge because they were in power.

Ojukwu might be right about how wrong the Nigerian government was operating with decree but he was wrong about how he wanted to go about the secession, Biafra was supposedly the 5 SE and some parts of the SS, Ojukwu didn't make any deliberation with leaders of these other states but by decree, he brought Biafra, it was apparently illegal, even Ojukwu being the President of Biafra was by his command and decree and not by popular vote, when the situation was beyond his control, he handed power over to his deputy and fled with his family, what about the Igbos that sacrificed their blood in the war, what did Ojukwu do to compensate their families, nothing. Ojukwu was right to be angry but he exercised his anger wrongly, in a way that made him guilty. I know you are an Igbo but try for once to analyze the situation with an unbiased mind

I don't support inclusion of people that does not want to belong and also, Their was meeting in Enugu where every chief of every tribe was invited and they all told Ojukwu to go ahead

Let me ask, You as a Military governor, what would you have done if you are the military governor and your people are being massacred in front of you?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: History : True Cause Of The Civil War by Nobody: 12:48pm On Jun 28, 2019
helinues:

Trouble maker himself

I need laugh but am no trouble make oremi.
Re: History : True Cause Of The Civil War by Tajbol4splend(m): 12:49pm On Jun 28, 2019
CyynthiaKiss:

You have a very big problem with what I saw in your profile

2 Likes

Re: History : True Cause Of The Civil War by helinues: 12:50pm On Jun 28, 2019
Juliusmalema:

I need laugh but am no trouble make oremi.

You are.. What do you gain in picking fight with someone..

My comments was moderate enough..
Re: History : True Cause Of The Civil War by Nobody: 12:54pm On Jun 28, 2019
helinues:

You are.. What do you gain in picking fight with someone..

My comments was moderate enough..

Your comment is always biased and one sided aimed at always justifying your side and your people.

As far you continue to have emotional attachment on issues especially your people u will never make a nice submission.

That's speaks volume of you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: History : True Cause Of The Civil War by Donald95(m): 1:07pm On Jun 28, 2019
CyynthiaKiss:

Your "Friend " told you that?
So why are they still calling 1966 coup Igbo coup because that is where Nzeogwu is from?

Confused clowns everywhere

It really pains me Sha. Even the May 30 that SS and SE should come together and remember every year But their actions and how they go about their business always show that they don't just care. I wish Ndi Igbo should always restrict their agitations in SE. At least let them show interest First, instead of us to keep looking foolish whenever we try informing them about some certain injustice

1 Like 1 Share

Re: History : True Cause Of The Civil War by Nobody: 1:14pm On Jun 28, 2019
Donald95:

[s]It really pains me Sha. Even the May 30 that SS and SE should come together and remember every year But their actions and how they go about their business always show that they don't just care. I wish Ndi Igbo should always restrict their agitations in SE. At least let them show interest First, instead of us to keep looking foolish whenever we try informing them about some certain injustice[/s]

Kanu is foolish already.

2 Likes

Re: History : True Cause Of The Civil War by Donald95(m): 1:17pm On Jun 28, 2019
Chizuru01:

Am telling you brother, Militants led by ADaka Boro even fought against Biafrans in Portharcourt.
Re: History : True Cause Of The Civil War by CyynthiaKiss(f): 1:17pm On Jun 28, 2019
Donald95:

It really pains me Sha. Even the May 30 that SS and SE should come together and remember every year But their actions and how they go about their business always show that they don't just care. I wish Ndi Igbo should always restrict their agitations in SE. At least let them show interest First, instead of us to keep looking foolish whenever we try informing them about some certain injustice

Your identity is still under scrutiny..
Meanwhile, on 30th may this year, Asaba was locked down.. I don't know for other areas..
Even Tribune reported that SE and SS was shut down. ...
If you have been reading or following Ipob activities, you will find out that the ist Ipob protest stared in Asaba, then Portharcort even before Nnamdi Kanu's home Abia state, then Onitsha and rest.. Don't also forget that some groups in Anambra and IMO said that they should be counted out of Biafra..
So the warning "Count us out of Biafra " is not a new warning

Like I said before, your identity is still under scrutiny!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: History : True Cause Of The Civil War by Donald95(m): 1:17pm On Jun 28, 2019
Chizuru01:

Am telling you brother, Militants led by Isaac Boro even fought against Biafrans in Portharcourt.
Re: History : True Cause Of The Civil War by CyynthiaKiss(f): 1:42pm On Jun 28, 2019
Donald95:

Lol, I am a strong supporter of Nigeria breakup. I don't see this country getting better. But, what I seriously pray against is trouble after trouble, If any group doesn't want, let them stay. I was in Calabar in May 30th, and I noticed that the word Biafra irritates them, I maybe wrong Sha but if Ebonyi and Calabar can't live in peace, how then can we live as a country?
Don't tell me nonsence..
Internal crisis is inevitable.. Even in families there are crisis.. That's why we are humans.
If I tell you the one we are experiencing in Yoruba land you will pity us..
Ife dont marry modakeke and vice versa..
So many crisis..
What of Ijebu crisis and many other fights?
Religious crisis nko ?

If it's possible, some of us Christian Yorubas would like to have an independent country that would be an Islamic free country without Yoruba Muslims.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: History : True Cause Of The Civil War by Nobody: 1:44pm On Jun 28, 2019
CyynthiaKiss:

Don't tell me nonsence..
Internal crisis is inevitable.. Even in families there are crisis.. That's why we are humans.
So many crisis..
Religious crisis nko ?

You really won't make a good house wife.

What brought yoruba to this matter now.

Abeggggg

3 Likes

Re: History : True Cause Of The Civil War by Donald95(m): 1:51pm On Jun 28, 2019
CyynthiaKiss:

Don't tell me nonsence..
So many crisis..
Religious crisis nko ?

If it's possible some of us Christian Yorubas would like to have an independent country that would be an Islamic free country without Yoruba Muslims.

Any way sha, No problem. I feel bad whenever I see them mocking ndi Igbo here in my campus because of Biafra
Re: History : True Cause Of The Civil War by CyynthiaKiss(f): 2:04pm On Jun 28, 2019
Donald95:

Any way sha, No problem. I feel bad whenever I see them mocking ndi Igbo here in my campus because of Biafra
Just like the same way some Igbos don't like Kanu and Igbos or Massob while some love the group.

It's also applicable in the case of minorities.. Some like some don't.. It's all over the internet..

The question now is, Whats the percentage of those that want or don't want Biafra ?..Here is why Igbos are agitating for referendum for people to determine their political future.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: History : True Cause Of The Civil War by DeHitMan450: 2:22pm On Jun 28, 2019
In my own opinion,the northern millitary officers who staged the counter coup of 1966 were good soldiers for not including any of the eastern nigeria political leaders their revenge killings.If it were to be ruthless soldier like myself,i will have even the total score complitely.
So,as to deter any group of individuals not to try it again.
Re: History : True Cause Of The Civil War by Donald95(m): 2:31pm On Jun 28, 2019
DeHitMan450:
In my own opinion,the northern millitary officers who staged the counter coup of 1966 were good soldiers for not including any of the eastern nigeria political leaders their revenge killings.If it were to be ruthless soldier like myself,i will have even the total score complitely.
So,as to deter any group of individuals not to try it again.

Nzeogwu had a good plan for Nigeria. Sarduana of Sokoto hated ndi Igbo too much bringing division in Nigeria. So, you won't totally blame him for what he did

1 Like 1 Share

Re: History : True Cause Of The Civil War by gwarotango: 2:33pm On Jun 28, 2019
Donald95:

Why Exactly do People blame Ojukwu?? Should we blame it on their failure to read history or should we blame it on the government that failed to teach history?

Point of correction please: Ojukwu was never a president and neither was Philip Effiong a vice president either, they were head of the rebel forces and vice head of the rebel forces of Biafra respectively. Please lets try not to rewrite history. Thank you

1 Like

Re: History : True Cause Of The Civil War by helinues: 2:39pm On Jun 28, 2019
Juliusmalema:

Your comment is always biased and one sided aimed at always justifying your side and your people.

As far you continue to have emotional attachment on issues especially your people u will never make a nice submission.

That's speaks volume of you.

See as how everybody is avoiding you like plagues..

That speaks much more of you

4 Likes

Re: History : True Cause Of The Civil War by gwarotango: 2:41pm On Jun 28, 2019
Donald95:

Can you see how innocent ndi Igbo are in the War.
Innocent my foot. When your soldiers went around like cowards in the dead of the night slaughtering their brother officers and politicians from regions other than their own they were innocent abi? Innocent indeed

3 Likes

Re: History : True Cause Of The Civil War by Donald95(m): 3:10pm On Jun 28, 2019
gwarotango:
Point of correction please: Ojukwu was never a president and neither was Philip Effiong a vice president either, they were head of the rebel forces and vice head of the rebel forces of Biafra respectively. Please lets try not to rewrite history. Thank you

Go and eat grass jhor

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: History : True Cause Of The Civil War by Donald95(m): 3:11pm On Jun 28, 2019
helinues:

See as how everybody is avoiding you like plagues..
That speaks much more of you
He is not making any point

2 Likes

Re: History : True Cause Of The Civil War by helinues: 3:11pm On Jun 28, 2019
Donald95:

He is not making any point

How are we sure he is a Nigerian?

1 Like

Re: History : True Cause Of The Civil War by Donald95(m): 3:14pm On Jun 28, 2019
gwarotango:
Innocent my foot. When your soldiers went around like cowards in the dead of the night slaughtering their brother officers and politicians from regions other than their own they were innocent abi? Innocent indeed

1.What do you know about Sarduana of Sokoto?

2. You hate what Nzeogwu did but you and Aisha buhari are complaining of how cabals are ruling Nigeria. Hypocrite

2 Likes

Re: History : True Cause Of The Civil War by Donald95(m): 3:15pm On Jun 28, 2019
helinues:

How are we sure he is a Nigerian?
No, he is not Nigerian. He is from SA

1 Like

Re: History : True Cause Of The Civil War by gwarotango: 3:24pm On Jun 28, 2019
Donald95:

Go and eat grass jhor
No it's you who needs to go eat sh*t. Did your soldiers draw the first blood or not? You think everyone is ignorant and does not read the history books abi?

1 Like

Re: History : True Cause Of The Civil War by Donald95(m): 3:27pm On Jun 28, 2019
gwarotango:
No it's you who needs to go eat sh*t. Did your soldiers draw the first blood or not? You think everyone is ignorant and does not read the history books abi?

But the guys father is from Kaduna

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: History : True Cause Of The Civil War by Yyeske(m): 3:35pm On Jun 28, 2019
Chizuru01:

The bolded funny me die
The bolded you quoted was rude to his family and people
Re: History : True Cause Of The Civil War by gwarotango: 3:40pm On Jun 28, 2019
Donald95:

But the guys father is from Kaduna
I was referring to you and I can't care if his father is from Mali
Re: History : True Cause Of The Civil War by uckennety(m): 3:47pm On Jun 28, 2019
Donald95:

We are born warriors I agree. But we suffered heavily for what we didn't cause in 1966. Even my Roommate from Ogwashi ukwu in Delta State said that he was told as he was growing up that Igbo man cannot be trusted and even now he is grown, he still believe that.

Can you just imagine

But is he not an igbo dude
Re: History : True Cause Of The Civil War by uckennety(m): 4:03pm On Jun 28, 2019
Tajbol4splend:

Innocent? Did you read the article at all? Perhaps you read it but couldn't skim the gist. The Igbos were the ones that started it by killing the northern leaders and then the northerners too retaliated and brutalized the Igbos residing in the north, but the northern leaders had edge because they were in power.

Ojukwu might be right about how wrong the Nigerian government was operating with decree but he was wrong about how he wanted to go about the secession, Biafra was supposedly the 5 SE and some parts of the SS, Ojukwu didn't make any deliberation with leaders of these other states but by decree, he brought Biafra, it was apparently illegal, even Ojukwu being the President of Biafra was by his command and decree and not by popular vote, when the situation was beyond his control, he handed power over to his deputy and fled with his family, what about the Igbos that sacrificed their blood in the war, what did Ojukwu do to compensate their families, nothing. Ojukwu was right to be angry but he exercised his anger wrongly, in a way that made him guilty. I know you are an Igbo but try for once to analyze the situation with an unbiased mind

Oga write what you know about

How do you say he formed Biafra without consulting people there is!

The video is on YouTube

He called an emergency meeting all minority groups were invited, he brought up the topic and they said let them go home n think about it

They all came back and decide that they wanted Biafra (the name was derived from the bight of Biafra now called bight of Bonny) that day the currency the Biafran pounds was introduced

If I'm lying why was the original amayinabo of Kalabari deposed and almost killed if not for his support for Biafra as he rallied militia for attack on Nigerian troops
Google is your friends

All this online champions it's heartbreaking that you either grow up believing the biased doctrine your parents raised you with and as an adult can't sit and think!

I'm igbo and there is an adage that says- I can't hear it's 7 and just put it in my pocket I must count it

The minority groups where in support some made of about 10% of the total troop number

The problem started when the Biafra troops started retreated from ore which means the belief and trust that igbo will win was in doubt
And the saw 1st hand what Nigerian troops does to Biafran sympathizers
Nigerian troops were closing from calabar ojoja side do you expect them to say hey am Biafran
(people must survive)

Then as the blockade was imposed from bakassi (all hope was lost) that was even when the retreat from ore started

Then suddenly we saw the educated minority and fellow igbo men trying to make a name out of the war

People like elechi Amadi and Ken saro wiwa immerged as the became tools for the Nigerian government to still up division while in return the will have fame and wealth

If I start typing I don't if nairaland will be enough to contain it

Quote me without making researches I'll ignore you

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Beautiful Selfies With Tinubu And APC Youths Tears The Internet Apart(photos) / Tinubu Can't Function Optimally Without This Guy(photos) / Senate To FG: Halt Any Plans Of Increase In Electricity Tariff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.