Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,043 members, 7,810,860 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:09 PM

History : True Cause Of The Civil War - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / History : True Cause Of The Civil War (7189 Views)

Ayo Adebanjo: Ojukwu Betrayed Awolowo With The Civil War / Onoja: What We Did To Biafra Soldiers During The Civil War / 'nigerian Army Was Soft On Biafrans During Civil War' - President Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

History : True Cause Of The Civil War by Donald95(m): 11:31am On Jun 28, 2019

Who is Ojukwu ?

Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu was a Nigerian military officer and politician who served as the military governor of the Eastern Region of Nigeria in 1966 and the leader of the breakaway Republic of Biafra from 1967 to 1970. 

Who is Obong Philip Efiong

Philip Efiong was born on 18 November 1925 and he died on 6 November 2003 at Aba, Abia state. Hewas the first Vice President and the second President of the now defunct Republic of Biafra during the Nigerian Civil War of 1967 to 1970.

Who is Kaduna Nzeogwu

Patrick Chukwuma Kaduna Nzeogwu was born on 26 February 1937 in Kaduna and died on 29 July 1967 in Nsuka sector during the Nigeria Civil War. He was a Nigerian military officer who played a leading role in the January 15, 1966 military coup. Nzeogwu was born in the Northern Region ’s capital of Kaduna to immigrant parents from the Mid-Western Region-Okpanam Town, near Asaba in the present day Anioma Delta State
The Nigerian Civil War

The Nigerian Civil War, also known as the Biafran War was a war fought to counter the secession of Biafra from Nigeria. The war which began on 6 July 1967 ended on 15 January 1970. After two and half years of the war, about 3 million civilians died from starvation and diseases.

What caused the War

Immediate causes of the war in 1966 include a military coup carried out by Maj. Kaduna Nzeogwu which led to the death of prominent Northern leaders like Tafawa Belewa, a counter-coup led by Yakubu Gowon, which led to the brutal murder of Aguiyi Ironsi, Nigeria’s first head of state, his deputy Fajuyi, etc and the persecution of Igbo living in Northern Nigeria which is called 1966 anti-Igbo pogrom which was a series of massacres committed against Igbo people and other people of southern Nigerian origin living in
northern Nigeria starting in May 1966 and reaching a peak after 29 September 1966. These events led to the secession of the eastern Nigerian region and the declaration of the Republic of Biafra, which ultimately led to the Nigeria-Biafra war.

Why Exactly do People blame Ojukwu?? Should we blame it on their failure to read history or should we blame it on the government that failed to teach history?

Do you you expect him to be clapping or crying while his people is being massacred for what they don't know about

2 Likes

Re: History : True Cause Of The Civil War by Chizuru01(m): 11:43am On Jun 28, 2019
I love the way you specified it

3 Likes

Re: History : True Cause Of The Civil War by Donald95(m): 11:44am On Jun 28, 2019
Chizuru01:
I love the way you specified it
Can you see how innocent ndi Igbo are in the War.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: History : True Cause Of The Civil War by kettykin: 11:46am On Jun 28, 2019
now something similar is happening and the whole world is keeping quiet thinking the second civil war will be like the first

8 Likes

Re: History : True Cause Of The Civil War by Chizuru01(m): 11:47am On Jun 28, 2019
Donald95:

How? They killed some top northern leaders

1 Like

Re: History : True Cause Of The Civil War by Donald95(m): 11:57am On Jun 28, 2019
Chizuru01:

How? They killed some top northern leaders

Nzeogwu was born by immigrant mother from the Mid-Western Region-Okpanam Town and unknown man who might even be an Hausa man. But my Question is, why would ndi Igbo and SS doing business suffer for what they are not part of.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: History : True Cause Of The Civil War by Donald95(m): 12:01pm On Jun 28, 2019
kettykin:
now something similar is happening and the whole world is keeping quiet thinking the second civil war will be like the first

I love how ndi Igbo leaders restricted their resistance to only SE. It is high time every region stands up and speak for themselves, if they are too scared to do that, Let them perish.

The world is always watching and keeping quiet, All they care for in Africa is for us to come and buy weapons from them.

7 Likes

Re: History : True Cause Of The Civil War by Chizuru01(m): 12:05pm On Jun 28, 2019
Donald95:

I love how ndi Igbo leaders restricted their resistance to only SE. It is high time every region stands up and speak for themselves, if they are too scared to do that, Let them perish.

The world is always watching and keeping quiet, All they care for in Africa is for us to come and buy weapons from them.

Am telling you brother, Militants led by Isaac Boro even fought against Biafrans in Portharcourt.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: History : True Cause Of The Civil War by Donald95(m): 12:09pm On Jun 28, 2019
Chizuru01:

Am telling you brother, Militants led by Isaac Boro even fought against Biafrans in Portharcourt.

Thank God he received a payment equal to what he did to Biafrans in Portharcourt, While his useless body is rotten away and converted to oil , Danjuma his partner, is cruising around as one of the richest in Nigeria. And funny enough, he must have drained the body of Isaac in other to increase his wealth tongue

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: History : True Cause Of The Civil War by Chizuru01(m): 12:11pm On Jun 28, 2019
Donald95:

Thank God he received a payment equal to what he did to Biafrans in Portharcourt, While his useless body is rotten away and converted to oil , Danjuma his partner, is cruising around as one of the richest in Nigeria. And funny enough, he must have drained the body of Daka in other to increase his wealth tongue

The bolded funny me die

5 Likes

Re: History : True Cause Of The Civil War by Nobody: 12:12pm On Jun 28, 2019
All these Nnamdi kanus brother like Donald95 won't let us have rest here.

Nnamdi and his European gangsters are criminals and they remain terrorist as proscribed unless they are willing to adjust biafran struggle to igbos and igboland only, then he will have massive support and endorsement.

5 Likes

Re: History : True Cause Of The Civil War by Freestainworld(m): 12:15pm On Jun 28, 2019
Igbos are born warrior's, they can survive any circumstance compared to the rest of the country, they are been persecuted because of envy, even those who say they will rule forever are still begging, their region's poverty is extreme, what have they been doing with all their political powers.

8 Likes

Re: History : True Cause Of The Civil War by Donald95(m): 12:16pm On Jun 28, 2019
Chizuru01:

The bolded funny me die

Now, Fulani is encroaching with might, People like Asari, Clerk, e.t.c will never talk, they are waiting for Nnamdi Kanu to speak about the hatred these people have for Christians, so that they can crawl out of their holes to preach Restructuring and find a way to heap it on Our head that we are problem to Nigeria

10 Likes

Re: History : True Cause Of The Civil War by Nobody: 12:20pm On Jun 28, 2019
Donald95:

[s]
Nzeogwu was born of by an Asaba woman from Mid Western part and unknown man who might even be an Hausa man. But my Question is, why would ndi Igbo and SS doing business suffer for what they are not part of[/s].

1 Like

Re: History : True Cause Of The Civil War by Donald95(m): 12:21pm On Jun 28, 2019
Juliusmalema:
All these Nnamdi kanus brother like Donald95 won't let us have rest here.

Nnamdi and his European gangsters are criminals and they remain terrorist as proscribed unless they are willing to adjust biafran struggle to igbos and igboland only, then he will have massive support and endorsement.

I learnt you are from South Africa. Let me tell you something, SA where raped, killed and made second class citizens in their land. They begged and begged and later they were allowed. Now, they saw Nigeria that contributed alot to their economy and started fighting them." Now you can see the foolishness defined

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: History : True Cause Of The Civil War by Nobody: 12:25pm On Jun 28, 2019
Donald95:

I learnt you are from South Africa. Let me tell you something, SA where raped, killed and made second class citizens in their land. They begged and begged and later they were allowed. Now, they saw Nigeria that contributed alot to their economy and started fighting them." Now you can see the foolishness defined

Whatever you learnt lives and die with you that's all, it doesn't affect me in ayway.

But my concern remains that Kanu is a terrorist as far as hee doesn't study his map and regions well to know his boundaries then he is a criminal.

4 Likes

Re: History : True Cause Of The Civil War by Donald95(m): 12:27pm On Jun 28, 2019
Freestainworld:
Igbos are born warrior's, they can survive any circumstance compared to the rest of the country, they are been persecuted because of envy, even those who say they will rule forever are still begging, their region's poverty is extreme, what have they been doing with all their political powers.

We are born warriors I agree. But we suffered heavily for what we didn't cause in 1966. Even my Roommate from Ogwashi ukwu in Delta State said that he was told as he was growing up that Igbo man cannot be trusted and even now he is grown, he still believe that.

Can you just imagine

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: History : True Cause Of The Civil War by Nobody: 12:28pm On Jun 28, 2019
garfield1:
Mynd44 lalasticlala oam4j please close down this divisive thread

How can a wonderful thread with diverse opinions like this be divisive.

I have said it countless times that Nobody gives a damn of what happens in SS. Her name been SS doesn't remove poverty index, unemployment, decayed and dilapidated infrastructure, militancy, kidnapping and robbery from there.

Whatever it has gained is same as that which they are losing.

So stay in your paradise and allow us dwell on our matters.
Re: History : True Cause Of The Civil War by Donald95(m): 12:30pm On Jun 28, 2019
Juliusmalema:

Whatever you learnt lives and die with you that's all, it doesn't affect me in ayway.

But my concern remains that Kanu is a terrorist as far as hee doesn't study his map and regions well to know his boundaries then he is a criminal.

Well, go to school first and learn what qualities someone will portray first or action he must do to be referred to as a terrorist. After that, come back let's discuss. I don't like it when I discuss with illiterates

6 Likes

Re: History : True Cause Of The Civil War by Nobody: 12:32pm On Jun 28, 2019
Donald95:

We are born warriors I agree. But we suffered heavily for what we didn't cause in 1966. [s]Even my Roommate from Ogwashi ukwu in Delta State said that he was told as he was growing up that Igbo man cannot be trusted and even now he is grown, he still believe that[/s].

Can you just imagine

Nobody have time for whatt he believes, only you do.

1 Like

Re: History : True Cause Of The Civil War by CyynthiaKiss(f): 12:32pm On Jun 28, 2019
Donald95:

We are born warriors I agree. But we suffered heavily for what we didn't cause in 1966. Even my Roommate from Ogwashi ukwu in Delta State said that he was told as he was growing up that Igbo man cannot be trusted and even now he is grown, he still believe that.

Can you just imagine

Your "Friend " told you that?
So why are they still calling 1966 coup Igbo coup because that is where Nzeogwu is from?

Confused clowns everywhere

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: History : True Cause Of The Civil War by helinues: 12:33pm On Jun 28, 2019
These are moderates story about the civil war but more extended than this
Re: History : True Cause Of The Civil War by Donald95(m): 12:34pm On Jun 28, 2019
Juliusmalema:

How can a wonderful thread with diverse opinions like this be divisive.

I have said it countless times that Nobody gives a damn of what happens in SS. Her name been SS doesn't remove poverty index, unemployment, decayed and dilapidated infrastructure, militancy, kidnapping and robbery from there.

Whatever it has gained is same as that which they are losing.

So stay in your paradise and allow us dwell on our matters.

You have proven once more that you are not Nigerian. That SS you attached poverty to is a region feeding especially northern Nigeria. Preventing them from starvation as Boko Haram has already destroyed their land.

6 Likes

Re: History : True Cause Of The Civil War by Tajbol4splend(m): 12:36pm On Jun 28, 2019
Donald95:

Innocent? Did you read the article at all? Perhaps you read it but couldn't skim the gist. The Igbos were the ones that started it by killing the northern leaders and then the northerners too retaliated and brutalized the Igbos residing in the north, but the northern leaders had edge because they were in power.

Ojukwu might be right about how wrong the Nigerian government was operating with decree but he was wrong about how he wanted to go about the secession, Biafra was supposedly the 5 SE and some parts of the SS, Ojukwu didn't make any deliberation with leaders of these other states but by decree, he brought Biafra, it was apparently illegal, even Ojukwu being the President of Biafra was by his command and decree and not by popular vote, when the situation was beyond his control, he handed power over to his deputy and fled with his family, what about the Igbos that sacrificed their blood in the war, what did Ojukwu do to compensate their families, nothing. Ojukwu was right to be angry but he exercised his anger wrongly, in a way that made him guilty. I know you are an Igbo but try for once to analyze the situation with an unbiased mind

1 Like

Re: History : True Cause Of The Civil War by Nobody: 12:36pm On Jun 28, 2019
Donald95:

Well, go to school first and learn what qualities someone will portray first or action he must do to be referred to as a terrorist. After that, come back let's discuss. I don't like it when I discuss with illiterates

grin grin grin grin grin grin

My own education doesn't make me an apologist to a terrorist.

So I will rather advice to get standard education and make sense plus speaking and reasoning soundly in midst of educated People.
Re: History : True Cause Of The Civil War by Nobody: 12:38pm On Jun 28, 2019
Donald95:

You have proven once more that you are not Nigerian. That SS you attached poverty to is a region feeding especially northern Nigeria. Preventing them from starvation as Boko Haram has already destroyed their land.

I will even advise you at this point to face Abia state and leave someone's land alone.

1 Like

Re: History : True Cause Of The Civil War by Nobody: 12:39pm On Jun 28, 2019
helinues:
These are moderates story about the civil war but more extended than this

I guess not the one that is currently been spread by your brother Osoba...

1 Like

Re: History : True Cause Of The Civil War by CyynthiaKiss(f): 12:39pm On Jun 28, 2019
Tajbol4splend:

Innocent? Did you read the article at all? Perhaps you read it but couldn't skim the gist. The Igbos were the ones that started it by killing the northern leaders and then the northerners too retaliated and brutalized the Igbos residing in the north, but the northern leaders had edge because they were in power.

Ojukwu might be right about how wrong the Nigerian government was operating with decree but he was wrong about how he wanted to go about the secession, Biafra was supposedly the 5 SE and some parts of the SS, Ojukwu didn't make any deliberation with leaders of these other states but by decree, he brought Biafra, it was apparently illegal, even Ojukwu being the President of Biafra was by his command and decree and not by popular vote, when the situation was beyond his control, he handed power over to his deputy and fled with his family, what about the Igbos that sacrificed their blood in the war, what did Ojukwu do to compensate their families, nothing. Ojukwu was right to be angry but he exercised his anger wrongly, in a way that made him guilty. I know you are an Igbo but try for once to analyze the situation with an unbiased mind
This one has allowed propaganda to sink inside his skull.
Did Ojukwu point gun at Philip Effiong, Margret, and Albert to join Igbos in Biafra..
Even when the aforementioned names saw how some disgruntled minorities were resisting Biafra during that Period, yet these people especially people of Akwa Cross and some other reasonable minorities allied with Igbos till the war ended and refused to join those that shot themselves on the leg because they were promised to be incharge of "their oil "
Despite the fact that the war has ended, Effiong lambasted Orji Uzo Kalu in 2002 when he said that Igbos shouldn't have gone to war.. That will tell you that he has no apology for fighting on Biafran side..
Even his children accused Nnamdi Kanu of sidelining them when the IPob agitation was hot..
Here are the liknks attached below...
Stop typing nonsense!

https://allafrica.com/stories/200309220306.html

https://www.nairaland.com/3909099/biafra-what-nnamdi-kanu-not

2 Likes

Re: History : True Cause Of The Civil War by Chizuru01(m): 12:40pm On Jun 28, 2019
I was once in a gathering and Some Igbo people were talking about Biafra and how necessary it is for us to leave nigeria. Then, One man from SS said, "The people Clamoring for Biafra is jobless." Just imagine
Re: History : True Cause Of The Civil War by Donald95(m): 12:41pm On Jun 28, 2019
Chizuru01:
I was once in a gathering and Some Igbo people were talking about Biafra and how necessary it is for us to leave nigeria. Then, One man from SS said, "The people Clamoring for Biafra is jobless." Just imagine

Imagine my brother. My happiness is what His Excellence Phillip Effiong said in 1966 " I have no regrets whatsoever of my involvement in Biafra or the role I played. The war deprived me of my property, dignity, my name. Yet, I saved so many souls on both sides and by this, I mean Biafra and Nigeria."

4 Likes

Re: History : True Cause Of The Civil War by Nobody: 12:44pm On Jun 28, 2019
Chizuru01:

He is right e.g Nnamdi kanu.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Peter Obi Won:2416 Polling Units Result Altered In Gombe And 1568 In Kaduna / Apprentice Gone Rogue: Why Atiku Shunned, Humiliated Obi At Bayelsa Airport / ACN-Ribadu/Ngige, How Feasible?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.