Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,179 members, 7,825,676 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 08:45 PM

Can God Ask Me To Perform A Task I'm Not Capable Of? Myself As Case Study - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can God Ask Me To Perform A Task I'm Not Capable Of? Myself As Case Study (455 Views)

Yasir Qadhi: Who Did God Ask Abraham To Sacrifice? Isaac Not Ishmael / The Word Of God(ask Me Life Question In Relation With The Bible) / What Will You Do If God Ask You To Kill Your Own Child? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can God Ask Me To Perform A Task I'm Not Capable Of? Myself As Case Study by Nobody: 10:26pm On Jul 01, 2019
Naturally, I'm very versed in the scriptures, love the things of God, garner followers easily, to cap it all, my oratory has been a subject of discussion among many people including pastors. But I have partial hearing impairment. My ability to hear is just about 60 percent of human ability to hear. That means I flow easily with those who speak clearly and audibly. In that case, attending meetings is difficult at times.

Now the issue of pastoral calling is on the table for me. Many have told me that I'm resisting the calling. Just last month, I went to a prophet that doesn't know my history, for breakthrough prayer, who recommended seven days prayer for me. He said I would see visions throughout the seven days and that I should keep record of the visions and tell him afterwards. Visions came throughout and almost all are about ministry. This issue has been dragging since 2005. Note that I love the ministry of a pastor so much and 90 per cent of my talent is in that field but experiences have taught me that with my hearing impairment, thinking of this ministry is a joke on me. Recently, it was announced in my church the application for pastoral ministry. I didn't apply and the pastor asked why I was yet to apply. He was like begging me to apply. Then I applied and took the form to the zonal headquarters. I later met the senior pastor there and I couldn't hear most of what he was telling. I filled "yes" in a place for physical disability. He got my disability there and asked me to go when I couldn't hear him well. I felt so sad and useless in this life. I no longer have the energy to pray. If you see me moving my mouth during prayers, I'm not praying; I'm singing. I only sing...in dreams, while walking, while others are praying, waking up in the morning etc.

Can we say the whole calling brouhaha is all the noise in my head by my own making?
Re: Can God Ask Me To Perform A Task I'm Not Capable Of? Myself As Case Study by RESHARPENED: 10:48pm On Jul 01, 2019
If God wants you in Ministry, He'll help you get there...somehow.
Re: Can God Ask Me To Perform A Task I'm Not Capable Of? Myself As Case Study by Nobody: 10:57pm On Jul 01, 2019
RESHARPENED:
If God wants you in Ministry, He'll help you get there...somehow.

Does that mean I will wake up one day and become a pastor without me planning it? Or should we say I have no calling?
Re: Can God Ask Me To Perform A Task I'm Not Capable Of? Myself As Case Study by wyzoe: 11:16pm On Jul 01, 2019
Tehila07:

Does that mean I will wake up one day and become a pastor without me planning it? Or should we say I have no calling?

Moses didn't think he could do it either.

You're in good company.

1 Like

Re: Can God Ask Me To Perform A Task I'm Not Capable Of? Myself As Case Study by Nobody: 12:08am On Jul 02, 2019
Bro you don't know God, if not you'd understand that he loves to use things that are rejected by men.

So I believe it's a good thing that you were rejected by man and not God, for God is God, God is no man, and that is likely to be a part of your testimony.

And importantly you seem to have a good heart for that's the basic thing that God seeks in a man, for God who made the mouth, ears, etc., as He said to Moses can provide the rest.

So make sure your heart is right with God and leave the rest for God to take care of, for believe me, God is able to make of you what you never imagined possible, and i'm speaking of Him from personal experience.

God bless.

1 Like

Re: Can God Ask Me To Perform A Task I'm Not Capable Of? Myself As Case Study by Nobody: 3:30pm On Sep 22, 2019
jesusjnr:
Bro you don't know God, if not you'd understand that he loves to use things that are rejected by men.

So I believe it's a good thing that you were rejected by man and not God, for God is God, God is no man, and that is likely to be a part of your testimony.

And importantly you seem to have a good heart for that's the basic thing that God seeks in a man, for God who made the mouth, ears, etc., as He said to Moses can provide the rest.

So make sure your heart is right with God and leave the rest for God to take care of, for believe me, God is able to make of you what you never imagined possible, and i'm speaking of Him from personal experience.

God bless.
Bro, about the "good heart" part you mentioned, how sure are you a good heart is important to God in the big scheme of things?

I've seen very wicked people (Christians who even speak in tongues) been promoted and esteemed, while someone with a good heart is despiced and considered of low esteem.

Also, it would be nice of you to share your personal experience.
Re: Can God Ask Me To Perform A Task I'm Not Capable Of? Myself As Case Study by Nobody: 2:42am On Sep 24, 2019
Omoluabi9:
Bro, about the "good heart" part you mentioned, how sure are you a good heart is important to God in the big scheme of things?

I've seen very wicked people (Christians who even speak in tongues) been promoted and esteemed, while someone with a good heart is despiced and considered of low esteem.

Also, it would be nice of you to share your personal experience.

Yes I'm absolutely certain a good heart is very important to God because that's what He looks at and uses to judge a man and not something else.

1 Samuel 16:7 (KJV)

But the LORD said unto Samuel, Look not on his countenance, or on the height of his stature; because I have refused him: for the LORD seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the LORD looketh on the heart.]

As per the bolded, if you use the criteria of men to judge if God considers a good heart, you would miss it totally for God is not man. And the instance of Lararus and the rich man illustrates this, because Lazarus the beggar had a good heart, while the rich man didn't, so in the sight of men it would as though he was forgotten before God and the rich man evil heart was being justified by Him, but you can see at the end that it wasn't true in both cases, for God never forgets someone with a good heart even if it seems like he does and never justifies the wicked. {Luke 16:19-31}

Hence I don't joke with the state of my heart, because I am one that prioritizes God presence more than anything else, and I know that God would not be with I don't have a good heart. And there are many instances where this application has worked for me, as I testified on this thread:

https://www.nairaland.com/5403444/cult-no.2-said-me-god

Moreover I have also imbibed the example of God, using what's in a man's heart to judge men, because I know that for the Creator of man to use such criteria instead, it would be unwise to do the otherwise. And though it's not hundred percent yet, this has also worked wonders for me.

God bless
Re: Can God Ask Me To Perform A Task I'm Not Capable Of? Myself As Case Study by UIA04(f): 5:49pm On Sep 26, 2019
Tehila07:
Naturally, I'm very versed in the scriptures, love the things of God, garner followers easily, to cap it all, my oratory has been a subject of discussion among many people including pastors. But I have partial hearing impairment. My ability to hear is just about 60 percent of human ability to hear. That means I flow easily with those who speak clearly and audibly. In that case, attending meetings is difficult at times.

Now the issue of pastoral calling is on the table for me. Many have told me that I'm resisting the calling. Just last month, I went to a prophet that doesn't know my history, for breakthrough prayer, who recommended seven days prayer for me. He said I would see visions throughout the seven days and that I should keep record of the visions and tell him afterwards. Visions came throughout and almost all are about ministry. This issue has been dragging since 2005. Note that I love the ministry of a pastor so much and 90 per cent of my talent is in that field but experiences have taught me that with my hearing impairment, thinking of this ministry is a joke on me. Recently, it was announced in my church the application for pastoral ministry. I didn't apply and the pastor asked why I was yet to apply. He was like begging me to apply. Then I applied and took the form to the zonal headquarters. I later met the senior pastor there and I couldn't hear most of what he was telling. I filled "yes" in a place for physical disability. He got my disability there and asked me to go when I couldn't hear him well. I felt so sad and useless in this life. I no longer have the energy to pray. If you see me moving my mouth during prayers, I'm not praying; I'm singing. I only sing...in dreams, while walking, while others are praying, waking up in the morning etc.

Can we say the whole calling brouhaha is all the noise in my head by my own making?

Pastor Joseph prince, Apostle Arome osayi and Benny hinn were all terrible stammerers when God called them.

Bishop oyedepo had tuberculosis. Kenneth Hagin was bed ridden.

Go and challenge Abba that called you into ministry.

Note: I did not say cry, beg but challenge Abba father.

If you truly called me father heal my hearing impairment.

He will tell you the leap of faith to take for your healing to come.

That is how miracles come not by being depressed.

(1) (Reply)

Happy Birthday Budaatum! / The Apostle's Creed: A Contradiction. / Convid19: Extra tips to Adhere To If You Are Going To Church Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.