Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,706 members, 7,816,898 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:45 PM

Getting The Best Out Of Your House Helps - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Getting The Best Out Of Your House Helps (48468 Views)

Why Do Men Like To Sleep With Their House Helps? / Man Helps His Brother In Giving Birth To 3 Kids With His Wife, While He's Away / 7 Reasons Why Married Men Sleep With Their House Helps (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Getting The Best Out Of Your House Helps by durubennie(m): 11:54am On Jul 02, 2019
Oh
Re: Getting The Best Out Of Your House Helps by incogni2o: 11:55am On Jul 02, 2019
faithfull18:
Hmmn, just treat her like you would treat your child, let her be able to tell you anything.

I need an House Help Please.

I currently Babysit my Daughter myself,

I enjoy it but doesn't make me concentrate much on my Job.

Thanks
Re: Getting The Best Out Of Your House Helps by XchUskY4u(m): 11:58am On Jul 02, 2019
grin grin grin

u try grin
ralmix:
I’ll advice you install cctv in your house and remotely check on your phone from time to time
And if you can’t afford that I’ll say you invite one of your family member to stay with you or better still bring back the girl and make both of the (the maid and your sis) watch over each other.

1 Like

Re: Getting The Best Out Of Your House Helps by Ijaya123: 11:58am On Jul 02, 2019
Quite simple. Install a cctv camera in your house so you can monitor her activities while you’re not at home.
Re: Getting The Best Out Of Your House Helps by compuseun: 11:58am On Jul 02, 2019
pls, don't leave your children with a house maid with what is happening in the country. do you know what she will be doing to your kids in your absence? I will advise you to bring your step sister back from the village to stay with you.
Re: Getting The Best Out Of Your House Helps by MaiconBest: 11:59am On Jul 02, 2019
HEALTH IS WEALTH !!!

▪Say GOODBYE to INFECTIONS and STDs
▪Say GOODBYE to IRREGULAR MENSTRUAL CYCLE
▪Say GOODBYE to PAINFUL   MENSTRUATION
▪Say GOODBYE to TUBULAR BLOCKAGE
▪Say GOODBYE to FIBROID GROWTH
▪Say GOODBYE to PRIVATE PART ITCHING
▪Say GOODBYE to PRIVATE PART DRYNESS
▪Say GOODBYE to PRIVATE PART  DISCHARGE
▪Say GOODBYE to  PRIVATE PART ODOUR
▪Say GOODBYE to ACIDIC REPRODUCTIVE SYSTEM etc...

BUT

▪Embrace CLEANSING OF WOMEN'S REPRODUCTIVE SYSTEM
▪Embrace HIGH FERTILITY
▪Embrace HEALTHY AND HAPPY LIFE !!!

with YONI PEARLS HERBAL MEDICINE a.k.a "CLEAN POINT" !!!

YONI PEARLS HERBAL MEDICINE is a Chinese herbal medicine specially made for the treatment of WOMEN'S REPRODUCTIVE SYSTEM malfunctioning. YONI PEARLS HERBAL MEDICINE has been tested and trusted to take care of the above listed diseases and many more in females.

》 YONI PEARLS HERBAL MEDICINE is not meant for males !!!

》DOSAGE :
▪2-3 sachets of YONI PEARLS HERBAL MEDICINE for cleansing of the reproductive system ONLY !

▪2-5 sachets of YONI PEARLS HERBAL MEDICINE for treatment of all kinds of infections and STDs

》WARNING !!!
▪NOT for ORAL usage

》METHOD OF APPLICATION :
▪ YONI PEARLS HERBAL MEDICINE is to be inserted into the vagina with the rope out for easy removal. It has to be there for about 2-3 days before removal, hence you will give testimony of what it removes from your body after which you insert another one till you are totally free.

》NOT FOR USE BY :
▪Pregnant women
▪Menstruating women

》 PRICE :
▪ #1,000 per sachet

》FOR MORE INFO, CALL or WHATSAPP:
▪07067688452, 09013746684.

☆ YOUR GOOD HEALTH IS OUR CONCERN !!!

�Plz share this, it might be of great help to someone if not you �
Re: Getting The Best Out Of Your House Helps by tayofrank87: 11:59am On Jul 02, 2019
Wow
Re: Getting The Best Out Of Your House Helps by Umartins1(m): 12:06pm On Jul 02, 2019
Hmm... I don't buy the idea of having a maid. I don't have a reason either.

1 Like

Re: Getting The Best Out Of Your House Helps by Kylekent59: 12:06pm On Jul 02, 2019
This is the simple truth.

The way you treat your maid will be the way your maid treats your children/kids.

It is left for you to choose, either lenient or non lenient.

1 Like

Re: Getting The Best Out Of Your House Helps by Focusmind: 12:07pm On Jul 02, 2019
You shouldn't have sent back your step sister to the village because of what she did. Sometimes, people come into our life for us to guide and train them the way we would want our own kids to be trained. She has gone back to the village and may turn out even worse. You will share part of the blame. Sometimes, we need to sacrifice to make someone's kid better. It must not just be our own.

I had relatives that came to live with me in Lagos with one kind behaviors. But i patiently took in all their stupidity, guided and trained them and some have turned out a better person in Lagos, fending for themselves. Imagine if i had sent them packing to the village, they will not turn out responsibly.

I always use myself as an example. I was brought to Lagos by a relative. Imagine if i was left where i was after my NYSC. My coming to Lagos opened my eyes to a lot of learning and opportunities. People climb the ladder of success by the support provided by the love ones and family and not necessary the government since family still remains the biggest social support system we have in Nigeria. You ought to have cautioned your step sister, guide and advise her and she will be the best to take care of your kids than handing kids to total strangers.

As it is now, you have no option than to treat the Nanny very well. Don't insult her in front of your kids. Make her a member of your family and always dress her very well to look good. She will surely reciprocate same on to you and your kids. These are the strategies i am using on my Nanny. I gave her so much power to discipline my kids, buy good clothes for her to wear, review her assignments the same i do for my kids and my kids are safe in her hands.

7 Likes

Re: Getting The Best Out Of Your House Helps by missyblissy: 12:07pm On Jul 02, 2019
@primadonnachika firstly the househelp is under age, dont put your family into problems with the law, child labour. Please get a help that is above 18 years and not from. Anyone, from a reliable agent that has done background checks
Also you need to do your own checks too to aviod stories that touch.

1 Like

Re: Getting The Best Out Of Your House Helps by NnwachukuOkike: 12:08pm On Jul 02, 2019
ralmix:
I’ll advice you install cctv in your house and remotely check on your phone from time to time
And if you can’t afford that I’ll say you invite one of your family member to stay with you or better still bring back the girl and make both of the (the maid and your sis) watch over each other.

As in cat & rat grin

2 Likes

Re: Getting The Best Out Of Your House Helps by Bishop(m): 12:12pm On Jul 02, 2019
primadonnachika:
Good morning everyone one.

I am a married woman with two kids, a 2 year old son and a two month old baby. I recently employed a maid. She is seventeen years old. I am due to resume back to work soon and this has been giving me lots of concern. My baby is certainly attending a crèche and the school bus drops my son off at 3. I know there’ll be times when I have to dash out and leave my children at home under her care.

Hence I would like to know from mothers in the house with housemaids to share your experiences. How do you get the best out of them and how was your experience? Was it good or bad?

How much was their salary?
How do you balance being nice and not give too much liberty.
What security measures can one put in place for my kids safety?
Did you pay their salary to them , agents or parents?

Any other comment is welcome. I’m new to this maid this and I need your input because I have never been so confused in my life as I’ve been in the last two months. Please this is a serious post and it’s essential for my children. Go hold chores can be improved but I’m more concerned about my children ‘s safety.

My 19 year old step sister was staying with me until she invited a man to sleep overnight in my house while still in the hospital and I had to send her back to the village.

I’ll appreciate if this post can hit the front page so mothers in this situation can learn one or two things.

The first maid I had was an HIV infected person and I kept her in charge of my 2 kiss at that time,I was only saved by divine intervention. My first question is if you have done medical checks on this maid if not that is the first step.

I am not ever going to do a maid thing again because my second attempt was alooking a horrible one, still a health issue .you can draw your cinclusion from this

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Getting The Best Out Of Your House Helps by daddytime(m): 12:13pm On Jul 02, 2019
Hmm
Re: Getting The Best Out Of Your House Helps by callmepapillo(m): 12:23pm On Jul 02, 2019
Pls, ensure due diligence or vetting, police background checks, and CCTV cameras are in place.
Re: Getting The Best Out Of Your House Helps by Nobody: 12:23pm On Jul 02, 2019
U don't need a maid if ur husband is doing what he is supposed to do.
Even if 6 kids,The two of you can perfectly take care of them while on full time jobs but our naija husbands lipsrsealed
I zip my mouth.

U see them outside the country doing the right thing but in Nigeria, they become untouchable.

And the nonsense is condoned by the ever virtuous wives.

No advice for wives that repeats the same thing their parents did in the name of good Nigerian wives.

6 Likes

Re: Getting The Best Out Of Your House Helps by NnwachukuOkike: 12:27pm On Jul 02, 2019
ibekwe97:
Sending her back to your mum in d village my brother is not d best solution ok, wat if she become worse there, assuming she is your daughter you will send her away.

Running from insecurity to another insecurity.

He/she can't even endure his/her blood STEPSISTER.

How will he/she be able to endure another blood's. If care is not taking, he/she might sent his/her stepsister away because of gossips from saboteurs/gossipers who don't want to mind their business.

Let him/her bring Fulani to watch over their home and kids.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Getting The Best Out Of Your House Helps by Malawian(m): 12:33pm On Jul 02, 2019
primadonnachika:

I am a married woman with two kids, a 2 year old son and a two month old baby. I recently employed a maid. She is seventeen years old. I am due to resume back to work soon and this has been giving me lots of concern. My baby is certainly attending a crèche and the school bus drops my son off at 3. I know there’ll be times when I have to dash out and leave my children at home under her care.

Hence I would like to know from mothers in the house with housemaids to share your experiences. How do you get the best out of them and how was your experience? Was it good or bad?

Any other comment is welcome. I’m new to this maid this and I need your input because I have never been so confused in my life as I’ve been in the last two months. Please this is a serious post and it’s essential for my children. Go hold chores can be improved but I’m more concerned about my children ‘s safety.

My 19 year old step sister was staying with me until she invited a man to sleep overnight in my house while still in the hospital and I had to send her back to the village.

I’ll appreciate if this post can hit the front page so mothers in this situation can learn one or two things.

She is a human being. Treat her like she is your daughter. Capish

1 Like

Re: Getting The Best Out Of Your House Helps by realtalk19: 12:33pm On Jul 02, 2019
primadonnachika:

install a nanny cam in strategic angles in your house without her knowing and monitor her from your mobile fone. treat her nicely like your child but be firm and correct her in love.

you can never be so sure about human intentions, influence or behaviour even when you treat them nicely.

be sensitive and prayerful. only God protects
Re: Getting The Best Out Of Your House Helps by ITbomb(m): 12:35pm On Jul 02, 2019
17 years old?
And your husband agree
Re: Getting The Best Out Of Your House Helps by TotoNaRubber: 12:37pm On Jul 02, 2019
SLAVERY ENDED IN THE 1940s, STOP TREATING HUMAN LIKE SLAVES.

Employ a proper house carer and stop looking for someone from the village. Pay a qualified person to look after your child and install cctv if need be.

3 Likes

Re: Getting The Best Out Of Your House Helps by senator3636(m): 12:39pm On Jul 02, 2019
spongeisback:
First of all please change the topic it looks somehow and many people would pick on that. Secondly the new help how long have you known her? With the stories about sexual abuse and violence against kids please try to know her very well before leaving your kids with her. Here is a method I would advise you try just leave her with your kids make sure the TV is on, tell her you're going out and you wouldn't be back for awhile, just leave the house after a couple of minutes comeback and just observe her through the window but this wouldn't be necessary if you've CCTV at home sha. grin

Treat her how you would want your child to be treated. Don't punish her with hunger or let her look tattered while your kids look better because she would transfer her aggression to your kids. her salary should be discussed with her parents and kept in an account for her please. I don't have a maid but when I travelled and I had someone helping me take care of my house for about 3 months she was 16, I opened an account for her and made sure I sent the bulk money there and after I came back she used the money to register for waec and join a tailoring school. Am sure she would want to do some else so find out and make sure she invests her money towards that.
absolutely.

Please change the topic!
Re: Getting The Best Out Of Your House Helps by Nobody: 12:39pm On Jul 02, 2019
primadonnachika:

What did u gain by sending her back to the village?

1 Like

Re: Getting The Best Out Of Your House Helps by Alexaa2000(m): 12:40pm On Jul 02, 2019
hello Madam, here is my view:

How much was their salary? Satisfying housemaid is not by salary, just make her happy like your blood and you get the best of her.[b][/b]
How do you balance being nice and not give too much liberty. [i]Be discipline and sincere in your dealings. Let your yes be yes and no remain no. Let no one intimidate or harass her either from within or outside.
[/i]What security measures can one put in place for my kids safety? Get to know her source deeply. Let one or two known people guaranty her.
Did you pay their salary to them , agents or parents?[/color] I will suggest you ask the young girl personally, she is 17 according to your statement, she is old enough to know who should keep her money.

Above all, take good care of your housemaid and she would do same to your household. BE PRAYERFUL AND TRUST ONLY IN GOD.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Getting The Best Out Of Your House Helps by fujirice: 12:40pm On Jul 02, 2019
Good day OP.
I read your post with some reservations.
A family member will always be a better choice than a total stranger when getting a help, unless there are issues in the family.
If you ask me, I’d say get another family member if you don’t trust your half-sister.
Then again, as Christians when we say the Lord’s Prayer, we say, ‘... forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us”, but we never really fulfil our own part of that contract.
How do we think that God will forgive us our own sins?
I believe you can still work something out with your half-sister. Yes, she made a huge mistake but that is where you should have stepped in as a big sister and set her straight than send her away.
My humble opinion.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Getting The Best Out Of Your House Helps by senator3636(m): 12:41pm On Jul 02, 2019
PrecisionFx:

What did u goan by sending her back to the village?
but, for the girl bringing a guy into the house isn't right at all and she's even just 17
Re: Getting The Best Out Of Your House Helps by Nobody: 12:45pm On Jul 02, 2019
senator3636:
but, for the girl bringing a guy into the house isn't right at all and she's even just 17

Yes it's a terrible thing to do.

Buy it shows she wasn't brought up correctly, this is the fault of her parents or guardians. A 17 year old can still be tamed and a 17 year old is still a child and should be nurtured n bred to have more sense.

The most important thing is it she's able to properly take care of the children she came for.

House helps be it relatives, Nanny or just strangers ALL have one major problem or the other.
Re: Getting The Best Out Of Your House Helps by Chukalemon(m): 12:51pm On Jul 02, 2019
I think it will be better you bring back that your step sister.so that both she and the house maid will be watching over each other.they will certainly be a watch dog to each other

2 Likes

Re: Getting The Best Out Of Your House Helps by West2019(m): 1:07pm On Jul 02, 2019
primadonnachika:

inbox me in my email I will tell u what to.do thank u
Re: Getting The Best Out Of Your House Helps by Ak2fyn(m): 1:09pm On Jul 02, 2019
Get a relative, even if it's not a very close one, one that you know the parents and a little bit of u her upbringing,
Go to your village, or your husband's village and enquire for a good girl of between 11 - 14 years,
The body will be scratching those above 15. But it is dangerous bringing a 17 yr old lady whose background u don't know, and is not even related to u, it's not only ur kids you should be worried for, ur husband too.
Re: Getting The Best Out Of Your House Helps by shadeyinka(m): 1:09pm On Jul 02, 2019
primadonnachika:

From the start,
1. Be concerned about her future -School, Trade, etc give her something to look forward to when she leaves your place
2. Change her wardrobe: let he look good (not like the typical housemaid)
3. Always do elder sister talk with her about life and future. Tell her stories of people like her who made something out of their lives
4. If you are Born Again, lead her to Christ
5. Be humane to her don't treat her like a "housegirl"!

The rest is about prayer. An android phone may be converted into a CCTV if you feel paranoid. But make sure you know her People in case anything goes wrong.

Signing Out!

1 Like

Re: Getting The Best Out Of Your House Helps by elektra(f): 1:11pm On Jul 02, 2019
Bishop:

The first maid I had was an HIV infected person and I kept her in charge of my 2 kiss at that time,I was only saved by divine intervention. My first question is if you have done medical checks on this maid if not that is the first step.

I am not ever going to do a maid thing again because my second attempt was alooking a horrible one, still a health issue .you can draw your cinclusion from this

Did you dismiss your maid only because of her HIV status? What was she doing that made her a threat to your kids?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

"My husband abandoned my family after He Paid N580K Bride Price" Lady laments / Father Recreates Family Photo After 20 Years / My Step-father Sneaked Into My Room And Made Love To Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.