Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,676 members, 7,816,777 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:55 PM

Getting The Best Out Of Your House Helps - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Getting The Best Out Of Your House Helps (48467 Views)

Why Do Men Like To Sleep With Their House Helps? / Man Helps His Brother In Giving Birth To 3 Kids With His Wife, While He's Away / 7 Reasons Why Married Men Sleep With Their House Helps (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Getting The Best Out Of Your House Helps by Aidejay(m): 1:28pm On Jul 02, 2019
Take her everywhere to church or mosque, parties, visiting neighbours, errands and more introduce everyone to her let them know her name and how she looks like so if they see her outside relating with bad elements they will know and alert you. If you live in a gated community introduce the security personnel working around you to her. Communicate with your children everyday and Everytime on the activities that happen when you are absent let them talk don't overreact when your kids tell you things cause their means of communicating events may not be 100% accurate. Let her be busy. A handwork should suffice
Don't let her do everything insist on doing somethings yourself and keep to it maybe cooking for your husband or washing your wares or anything in particular that u must do yourself.
Don't be predictable come home anytime be suprising take note of small things keep a log or book that you can record happenings with enough detail so any form of confusion or problems arise you can provide enough priorital information.
Re: Getting The Best Out Of Your House Helps by Damfostopper(m): 1:29pm On Jul 02, 2019
Mtcheeeeeeeew.... misleading headline and news will lead to misleading advice.... so I reserve my comnent
Re: Getting The Best Out Of Your House Helps by GloShare(m): 1:32pm On Jul 02, 2019
ralmix:
I’ll advice you install cctv in your house and remotely check on your phone from time to time
And if you can’t afford that I’ll say you invite one of your family member to stay with you or better still bring back the girl and make both of the (the maid and your sis) watch over each other.

Allow them snitch on each other and you'll get the info you need.

1 Like

Re: Getting The Best Out Of Your House Helps by kinah(f): 1:36pm On Jul 02, 2019
primadonnachika:
Good morning everyone one.

I am a married woman with two kids, a 2 year old son and a two month old baby. I recently employed a maid. She is seventeen years old. I am due to resume back to work soon and this has been giving me lots of concern. My baby is certainly attending a crèche and the school bus drops my son off at 3. I know there’ll be times when I have to dash out and leave my children at home under her care.

Hence I would like to know from mothers in the house with housemaids to share your experiences. How do you get the best out of them and how was your experience? Was it good or bad?

How much was their salary?
How do you balance being nice and not give too much liberty.
What security measures can one put in place for my kids safety?
Did you pay their salary to them , agents or parents?

Any other comment is welcome. I’m new to this maid this and I need your input because I have never been so confused in my life as I’ve been in the last two months. Please this is a serious post and it’s essential for my children. Go hold chores can be improved but I’m more concerned about my children ‘s safety.

My 19 year old step sister was staying with me until she invited a man to sleep overnight in my house while still in the hospital and I had to send her back to the village.

I’ll appreciate if this post can hit the front page so mothers in this situation can learn one or two things.

conduct medical test on her for the safety of your children. very important
Re: Getting The Best Out Of Your House Helps by Adakintroy2: 1:37pm On Jul 02, 2019
primadonnachika:

I am a married woman with two kids, a 2 year old son and a two month old baby. I recently employed a maid. She is seventeen years old. I am due to resume back to work soon and this has been giving me lots of concern. My baby is certainly attending a crèche and the school bus drops my son off at 3. I know there’ll be times when I have to dash out and leave my children at home under her care.

Hence I would like to know from mothers in the house with housemaids to share your experiences. How do you get the best out of them and how was your experience? Was it good or bad?

Any other comment is welcome. I’m new to this maid this and I need your input because I have never been so confused in my life as I’ve been in the last two months. Please this is a serious post and it’s essential for my children. Go hold chores can be improved but I’m more concerned about my children ‘s safety.

My 19 year old step sister was staying with me until she invited a man to sleep overnight in my house while still in the hospital and I had to send her back to the village.

I’ll appreciate if this post can hit the front page so mothers in this situation can learn one or two things.

You should have tolerated and forgivING your step sister. Una always developed zero tolerance for children not yours.

Now you have to contend with outsider. What guarantee do you want frI'm public now? . Forgive that young girl and bring her back with a strong warning. Afterall she is family.
Re: Getting The Best Out Of Your House Helps by goldcorn(f): 2:36pm On Jul 02, 2019
Are you in Lagos
Do you want to start a business with little money
You don't even know want you really want to sell
I will be posting the available goods on my WhatsApp group page at an affordable price so that you buy and resell and till make your own gain.
Just say interested to me on Whatsapp on 09069193297and let get started, don't full yourself, start something
Available goods are from first grade okirika shirts,skirts, gowns,jeans, children wears ,Ankara, shoes, new clothes available also
WhatsApp me on 09069193297
Re: Getting The Best Out Of Your House Helps by Nobody: 2:49pm On Jul 02, 2019
Here are my suggestions
1 - I suggest you return to your village and take somebody not necessary a relation that you know her family then pray to God.
2 - Be very kind to her and always correct her with love
3 - Teach her the word of God every evening religiously.
4 - Take her to your Pastor for prayer and counseling.
5 - Encourage her to fight for greatness through hardwork, prayer and holiness and promise to stand with her in other for her to be successful in life.

If you keep this suggestion, she will see you love and kindness and protect your interest.
Re: Getting The Best Out Of Your House Helps by seyenko(m): 3:23pm On Jul 02, 2019
Incentivize her stay with you, ask her our goals and aspirations in life. What does she want to do after working with you as househelp - tailor, hairdresser, cook etc. I once had a help for 7 years because she learnt hairdressing, fixing nails and doing make-up, she equally learnt how to bake.
I registered her for voters card, took her to GTbank and opened a SME account for which I paid in some cash monthly despite her people collecting her money on an annual basis.

She had her ATM card and a mobile phone. So she knew she did not need to mess up while with me. When she eventually left, she had personal funds of more than 400K and all she needed to start up a hairdressing salon was bought for her.

3 Likes

Re: Getting The Best Out Of Your House Helps by BuBBley(f): 5:22pm On Jul 02, 2019
Install a camera by all means, my former 17yrs old house help was actually fingering my 2yrs old daughter and trying to put my almost 4yrs old son's wee-wee in her private part. She looks so innocent you could never guess or think she could do that.
Re: Getting The Best Out Of Your House Helps by PrimadonnaO(f): 6:04pm On Jul 02, 2019
Bishop:

The first maid I had was an HIV infected person and I kept her in charge of my 2 kiss at that time,I was only saved by divine intervention. My first question is if you have done medical checks on this maid if not that is the first step.

I am not ever going to do a maid thing again because my second attempt was alooking a horrible one, still a health issue .you can draw your cinclusion from this

Scary shit!
Re: Getting The Best Out Of Your House Helps by tomdon(m): 6:16pm On Jul 02, 2019
Don't ever leave your girl child with maid.
If you must, install CCTV cameras everywhere around
Re: Getting The Best Out Of Your House Helps by primadonnachika: 6:51pm On Jul 02, 2019
Thank you all for your comments and recommendations.

Firstly about the topic, I’m sorry it’s misleading. I couldn’t think of any at that point. Can you suggest a better one?

I was hugely disappointed about what my sister did. To say I was shocked would be an understatement. She was so good to me while pregnant that I was looking forward to rewarding her after birth. I even had plans of buying her a big android phone and sending her to fashion school pending her admission. But for her to bring a man into my house in the same bed she shared with my son was a huge pill to swallow. I was more concerned about my son witnessing the whole thing. The issue with taking my sister back is that I’m afraid she will do it again and there are lots of guys in our building in a quiet and gated environment.I hope you get the scenario.

This maid, she said she stopped school at ss2 because her parents couldn’t send her to school. There isn’t much to do in my house order than regular household chores. I shop and do my cooking myself. I have her father’s contact and I also plan to check out her parents ‘ address before I resume.

I have done necessary medical checks and she is clean. She eats what everyone eats and she is good. Taking her as my sister is not a big deal as I intend to do so but I just need to be sure she has good intentions especially towards my children. As it is my son cannot talk yet and of course my baby.
Re: Getting The Best Out Of Your House Helps by primadonnachika: 6:53pm On Jul 02, 2019
Thanks mods for the front page, that explains the number of responses.
Re: Getting The Best Out Of Your House Helps by edinorld: 9:05am On Jul 04, 2019
Dear nursing mother, from my own candid experience, the sure way to get the best out of any house maid/help is to treat him/her like your own child; show her the kind of love and care you would show your on grown-up child and make her feel a considerable sense of belonging in your family. By that, he/she would naturally in return, reciprocate your love to the little children. I am saying this from a point of experience. The last house help I had in my house (2015) was very unwilling to leave but for the insistence of the agent that brought her, and when she was due to go, we already packaged a big "Ghana-must-go" bag filled with house-hold items, including clothes and cooking utensils, for her to take along.

May the lord protect and preserve your home.

My candid opinion please.
Re: Getting The Best Out Of Your House Helps by primadonnachika: 12:47pm On Jul 04, 2019
edinorld:
Dear nursing mother, from my own candid experience, the sure way to get the best out of any house maid/help is to treat him/her like your own child; show her the kind of love and care you would show your on grown-up child and make her feel a considerable sense of belonging in your family. By that, he/she would naturally in return, reciprocate your love to the little children. I am saying this from a point of experience. The last house help I had in my house (2015) was very unwilling to leave but for the insistence of the agent that brought her, and when she was due to go, we already packaged a big "Ghana-must-go" bag filled with house-hold items, including clothes and cooking utensils, for her to take along.

Thank you for this wonderful advice. Please keep it coming.
Re: Getting The Best Out Of Your House Helps by primadonnachika: 12:59pm On Jul 08, 2019
edinorld:

Amen dear. How do I show love without her neglecting her core duties?
Re: Getting The Best Out Of Your House Helps by AlphaTaikun: 11:33pm On Jul 24, 2022
primadonnachika:

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

"My husband abandoned my family after He Paid N580K Bride Price" Lady laments / Father Recreates Family Photo After 20 Years / My Step-father Sneaked Into My Room And Made Love To Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.