Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,117 members, 7,814,915 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:20 PM

Is Your Wife Your Property? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is Your Wife Your Property? (2265 Views)

As A Man,who Should You Take Care Of The Most Between Your Wife & Your Mum? / Would You Let Your Wife Wear This Out? / I Have Been Sleeping With Your Wife – Man Tells Neighbour (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Your Wife Your Property? by Nobody: 9:53pm On Jul 03, 2019
MrBrownJay1:

let me ask:
- do you believe that, because the BP is low, therefore women wont/shouldnt be viewed as property any longer?

let me try to break this down. we have over 250 tribes in nigeria. the tribe that today, typically has males who consider women as property is the ibo tribe, imho, and this is because these are the ones who make astronomical demands. in most other tribes, the bride price is a token which is presented as part of the ceremony. it is in no way considered as conferring /transferring ownership. within the middle class, there is a lot of emancipation among women. to be frank, it is sometimes women who allow themselves to be pushed around by society. i worked in corporate nigeria, and i have met a lot of divorced women who are doing just fine

let me ask again:
- dont you think that these same women should have never been married, to begin with?

you cannot always tell how your guy will turn out. my sisters hubby was basically a chauvinist in school. this na woman work, etc. today the guy is way more domesticated than i am. one of my friends from the office married a colleague from the office. my friend was a staunch african chauvinist, which maks me wonder now why he was eyeing a Behind corporate chick. if he had married one omo elepa they would have been fine. as it was , the woman did her best to manage him, but the guy did not have the one thing that you must have if you want to o alpha male - alphamaledom. in the end the wife was the one paying the bills eta and putting up with his shiiit until the whole thing broke. they are now divorced.

1 Like

Re: Is Your Wife Your Property? by Fountainofyouth(f): 10:58pm On Jul 03, 2019
LordKO:

I'm coming to your house now to tell you in your face that you're my property.

Lol oyah come nah cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Is Your Wife Your Property? by MrBrownJay1(m): 10:59pm On Jul 03, 2019
ornicus:

let me try to break this down. we have over 250 tribes in nigeria. the tribe that today, typically has males who consider women as property is the ibo tribe, imho, and this is because these are the ones who make astronomical demands. in most other tribes, the bride price is a token which is presented as part of the ceremony. it is in no way considered as conferring /transferring ownership. within the middle class, there is a lot of emancipation among women. to be frank, it is sometimes women who allow themselves to be pushed around by society. i worked in corporate nigeria, and i have met a lot of divorced women who are doing just fine

you cannot always tell how your guy will turn out. my sisters hubby was basically a chauvinist in school. this na woman work, etc. today the guy is way more domesticated than i am. one of my friends from the office married a colleague from the office. my friend was a staunch african chauvinist, which maks me wonder now why he was eyeing a Behind corporate chick. if he had married one omo elepa they would have been fine. as it was , the woman did her best to manage him, but the guy did not have the one thing that you must have if you want to o alpha male - alphamaledom. in the end the wife was the one paying the bills eta and putting up with his shiiit until the whole thing broke. they are now divorced.

Very enlightening...

Fountainofyouth:
Some are so stupid they can't control their mouth, and I'm still waiting for the male that will treat me as such and get away with it.....

Sadly, by the time you've gone through the process of marriage, and everyone looks at you and tells you:"oh how happy you are, bla bla"... The fact that your now hubby will treat you like garbage (in the privacy of your own home), will be small compared with the fake joy/happiness that everyone think you are into.
Re: Is Your Wife Your Property? by Fountainofyouth(f): 11:20pm On Jul 03, 2019
MrBrownJay1:

Very enlightening...

Sadly, by the time you've gone through the process of marriage, and everyone looks at you and tells you:"oh how happy you are, bla bla"... The fact that your now hubby will treat you like garbage (in the privacy of your own home), will be small compared with the fake joy/happiness that everyone think you are into.

Are you telling me to expect the unexpected in marriage then pretend all is well to the outside world? Cos I won't. I can't be suffering and smiling, I wont even suffer in the first place.

3 Likes

Re: Is Your Wife Your Property? by MrBrownJay1(m): 11:51pm On Jul 03, 2019
Fountainofyouth:
Are you telling me to expect the unexpected in marriage then pretend all is well to the outside world? Cos I won't. I can't be suffering and smiling, I wont even suffer in the first place.

No I am saying that many women dont get insulted directly.... It starts as a misplaced comment and escalates to plain ill treatment. By the time the babe realizes, she is waist deep in this love and hate, Dr Jekyll and mr Hyde type of life, and simply because they want to remain "happily" married at any cost, they accept it.

The minute a man changes or treat you ill that's when you should put a stop to it, but sadly many women think they can change men ( or believe their BS excuses) thus stay.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

There Is Absolutely Something Wrong With My Pregnancy / I Am 90% Sure You Will Want To Insult Me After Reading This / Will You Allow Male Lession Teacher To Coach Your Female Child At Home Alone?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.