Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,033 members, 7,814,522 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:21 PM

Is Your Wife Your Property? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is Your Wife Your Property? (2248 Views)

As A Man,who Should You Take Care Of The Most Between Your Wife & Your Mum? / Would You Let Your Wife Wear This Out? / I Have Been Sleeping With Your Wife – Man Tells Neighbour (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Your Wife Your Property? by Nobody: 11:48am On Jul 03, 2019
What a question!

1 Like

Re: Is Your Wife Your Property? by Nobody: 12:44pm On Jul 03, 2019
AntiBrutus:
I am not anyone's property,

Bride price or not.

The idea of thinking one owns a woman is more mental than anything. Forget all the BP bullshit. Scrap BP and men with such retarded mindset will look for something else to hold on to. Their bible is always there to back it up.

How else do you explain the fact that some set of men will call their wives properties because of BP. Yet same men will degrade Yorubas for not doing same? Do these set of people seem normal to you? cheesy

so because of IamD18 post now all Igbo men see wives as property? Is Bossjakande Igbo man? Yorubas are now better than other men for you an Igbo woman. i am disappointed in you. sometimes you talk nonsense.

8 Likes

Re: Is Your Wife Your Property? by desvi: 1:02pm On Jul 03, 2019
obembet
y do u talk with idíots?

2 Likes

Re: Is Your Wife Your Property? by Nobody: 1:21pm On Jul 03, 2019
[s]
Goodnewsbearer:

so because of IamD18 post now all Igbo men see wives as property? Is Bossjakande Igbo man? Yorubas are now better than other men for you an Igbo woman. i am disappointed in you. sometimes you talk nonsense.

[/s]

Like your disappointment will stop me from getting paid. Do I know you or even this moniker?Get the fck out of my mention.

2 Likes

Re: Is Your Wife Your Property? by Nobody: 1:23pm On Jul 03, 2019
AntiBrutus:
[s][/s]

Like your disappointment will stop me from getting paid. Do I know you or even this moniker?Get the fck out of my mention.

you wonder why many people hate you. i.diot

6 Likes

Re: Is Your Wife Your Property? by Nobody: 1:27pm On Jul 03, 2019
Goodnewsbearer:

you wonder why many people hate you. i.diot

Who are the many people hating me?

And how has their hating changed anything?

Arindin! grin

5 Likes

Re: Is Your Wife Your Property? by peacengine(m): 1:28pm On Jul 03, 2019
A humanbeing can't be a property

1 Like

Re: Is Your Wife Your Property? by Nobody: 2:01pm On Jul 03, 2019
Lexusgs430:
A woman is a property, if she wants to be a property.......

A woman that is simply a housewife, not doing anything constructive/financially to contribute towards the upbringing of her family, is a property......

Expecting the husband to pay 100%, towards all household expenses/bills, is a property..... By the time the poor man dies out of exhaustion, she can now claim his properties.............

Likewise a man that does nothing, is a property.......

the problem you have is that you think the house will clean itself, he meals will cook themselves, and that the home you come to from work everyday makes itself. it is the housewife that makes the home you are happy to come to, that raises the kids when you are out hustling. respect that.

2 Likes

Re: Is Your Wife Your Property? by Nobody: 2:19pm On Jul 03, 2019
ornicus:

the problem you have is that you think the house will clean itself, he meals will cook themselves, and that the home you come to from work everyday makes itself. it is the housewife that makes the home you are happy to come to, that raises the kids when you are out hustling. respect that.

I would never get that analogy.

Some will cry foul if a house-husband is treated unfairly. Saying women can never respect a man that doesn't have money, but men can. Yet whenever this argument comes up, they shoot themselves in the foot.

Tbh, any woman that meets a man that is fair in his dealings with her should better hold him tight. So many flawed people out there.

4 Likes

Re: Is Your Wife Your Property? by Nobody: 2:58pm On Jul 03, 2019
AntiBrutus:

I would never get that analogy.

Some will cry foul if a house-husband is treated unfairly. Saying women can never respect a man that doesn't have money, but men can. Yet whenever this argument comes up, they shoot themselves in the foot.

Tbh, any woman that meets a man that is fair in his dealings with her should better hold him tight. So many flawed people out there.

When the missus was nursing and her sis had to leave, I hear am no be small. Juggling work, PP, washing plate, washing clothes during weekends - I shudder to remeber it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIm1GgfRz6M

I saw this video during that period and my eyes watered because I could relate
Re: Is Your Wife Your Property? by MrBrownJay1(m): 3:06pm On Jul 03, 2019
ornicus:

I think there is a huge difference between respect and ownership.... You can respect a woman so long as she does what she was "acquired and paid for" to do. If men and women were remotely equal in Africa then why don't women equally pay groom price then?!

In Africa, a women's sole purpose is to be a servant to her husband, thus cooking/cleaning have babies and raising them... And she will be dropped (faster than panties on prom night) if she can't produce offsprings.
Re: Is Your Wife Your Property? by Nobody: 3:13pm On Jul 03, 2019
MrBrownJay1:

I think there is a huge difference between respect and ownership.... You can respect a woman so long as she does what she was "acquired and paid for" to do. If men and women were remotely equal in Africa then why don't women equally pay groom price then?!

In Africa, a women's sole purpose is to be a servant to her husband, thus cooking/cleaning have babies and raising them... And she will be dropped (faster than panties on prom night) if she can't produce offsprings.

It really depend on the culture. I am Yoruba; we pay bride price, but it is all fun and games. I think I paid 20k. I'm sure they paid around that for my sis.
For Our brothers in the East, it is serious hustle ; where the extended family gets into the act. Up north, I'm not sure, though I seem to remember fulanis have a tradition of flogging the prospective groom.

As to a woman's place as you all it, it varies. Some of us expect traditional women, some expect modern ones. The problem is when the wrong people marry, or when people refuse to see the signs

2 Likes

Re: Is Your Wife Your Property? by Nobody: 3:13pm On Jul 03, 2019
Re: Is Your Wife Your Property? by Nobody: 3:43pm On Jul 03, 2019
ornicus:

When the missus was nursing and her sis had to leave, I hear am no be small. Juggling work, PP, washing plate, washing clothes during weekends - I shudder to remember it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIm1GgfRz6M

I saw this video during that period and my eyes watered because I could relate

In that una Lagos?
You try o. You deserve one bottle of coke grin

Don't worry, it is the joy of fatherhood.

By the way, that is a really beautiful video. Hope you don't wear that kinda COAT?

1 Like

Re: Is Your Wife Your Property? by MrBrownJay1(m): 3:45pm On Jul 03, 2019
ornicus:

It really depend on the culture. I am Yoruba; we pay bride price, but it is all fun and games. I think I paid 20k. I'm sure they paid around that for my sis.
For Our brothers in the East, it is serious hustle ; where the extended family gets into the act. Up north, I'm not sure, though I seem to remember fulanis have a tradition of flogging the prospective groom.

As to a woman's place as you all it, it varies. Some of us expect traditional women, some expect modern ones. The problem is when the wrong people marry, or when people refuse to see the signs

bride price being "fun and game", really? well if you think so, see if you can marry anyone (into such practice) without paying bride price, and come tell us how "fun" it will be, let alone "game". the higher value the parents believe their child is, the higher you will spend.

you are right about wrong people marrying each other....but also, women of today putting value on money rather than character... thus marrying deluded donkeys who expect them to be invisible quiet servants (in return for comfort/money).

let us all not even talk about Nigerian women desperate stand when it comes to marriage.... which also have them accepting willingly to become someone's property (in order to finally become a wife).
Re: Is Your Wife Your Property? by Nobody: 3:58pm On Jul 03, 2019
MrBrownJay1:

bride price being "fun and game", really? well if you think so, see if you can marry anyone (into such practice) without paying bride price, and come tell us how "fun" it will be, let alone "game". the higher value the parents believe their child is, the higher you will spend.

you are right about wrong people marrying each other....but also, women of today putting value on money rather than character... thus marrying deluded donkeys who expect them to be invisible quiet servants (in return for comfort/money).

heh.you are talking from a point of prejudice.

my wife is the first born and she is a lawyer. my sis is the only girl and she is a doctor. and like i said, it did not pass 20k. we are not an exception per se,.here are plenty of people like that. families with daughters raised as professionals who do BP because it is tradition.
you are conflating one or two tribes commercializing of bride price to the entire nigeria

let us all not even talk about Nigerian women desperate stand when it comes to marriage.... which also have them accepting willingly to become someone's property (in order to finally become a wife).

believe it or not, some Nigerian women out there are opting for divorce.

1 Like

Re: Is Your Wife Your Property? by Lexusgs430: 4:35pm On Jul 03, 2019
ornicus:

I can cook, clean and look after my kids...... Thank you very much.........

Nothing like housewife/househusband situations...... We both have to earn a living and contribute towards our family............
Re: Is Your Wife Your Property? by Nobody: 4:50pm On Jul 03, 2019
AntiBrutus:

In that una Lagos?

Don't worry, it is the joy of fatherhood.

By the way, that is a really beautiful video.

My kids introduced me to the script

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mk48xRzuNvA

apparently the song was being played in school to inspire kids

of course being who i am, next thing was to download everything the script has done and look up their vids on youtube

the first time i watched the superheroes video and i saw the guy remove the suit - like i said my eyes watered. just as some books should be read in youth, middle age and old age, the same applies to this song. as a parent, you will take shiiit from people so you can feed your family

Hope you don't wear that kinda COAT?

been an engineer all my career and was able to keep it more or less biz casual

You try o. You deserve one bottle of coke grin

i am officially off coke since Ramadan and i hope that i will not return to it like i returned here [even with you guys, NL is still a semi destructive habit] . my PP was done at my workdesk at home fueled by coke and coffee. some days there would be five bottles in the bin.

1 Like

Re: Is Your Wife Your Property? by Nobody: 4:55pm On Jul 03, 2019
Lexusgs430:

I can cook, clean and look after my kids...... Thank you very much.........

Nothing like housewife/househusband situations...... We both have to earn a living and contribute towards our family............

bullshiiiit

A woman is a property, if she wants to be a property.......

A woman that is simply a housewife, not doing anything constructive/financially to contribute towards the upbringing of her family, is a property......

Expecting the husband to pay 100%, towards all household expenses/bills, is a property..... By the time the poor man dies out of exhaustion, she can now claim his properties.............

Likewise a man that does nothing, is a property.......

if any of what you say about cooking and cleaning and looking after your kids is true - you will never have such juvenile views. you will not be talking shiiit about your wife claiming your properties and 'enjoying' . so if you die, your property should go to who? your brothers? do you think anyone can take care of your kids future like your wife would? then again - for you the wife is probably just a vessel for your seed, nothing more.

1 Like

Re: Is Your Wife Your Property? by Lexusgs430: 4:58pm On Jul 03, 2019
ornicus:

bullshiiiit

if any of what you say about cooking and cleaning and looking after your kids is true - you will never have such juvenile views. you will not be talking shiiit about your wife claiming your properties and 'enjoying' . so if you die, your property should go to who? your brothers? do you think anyone can take care of your kids future like your wife would? then again - for you the wife is probably just a vessel for your seed, nothing more.

I have no brothers......
Re: Is Your Wife Your Property? by Nobody: 5:01pm On Jul 03, 2019
Lexusgs430:

I have no brothers......

so? your sisters then?

that exact scenario played out with one lady in my old office

she and the husband fell out, the husband used to bring his sisters to beat her up ; they separated; the husband used naija style to take over their son, and one fine day, the son slumped and died in school.

sounds right up your alley. you are a fellow who must ensure no useless woman eats the property you worked so hard for, not so?

1 Like

Re: Is Your Wife Your Property? by Lexusgs430: 5:09pm On Jul 03, 2019
ornicus:

so? your sisters then?

that exact scenario played out with one lady in my old office

she and the husband fell out, the husband used to bring his sisters to beat her up ; they separated; the husband used naija style to take over their son, and one fine day, the son slumped and died in school.

sounds right up your alley. you are a fellow who must ensure no useless woman eats the property you worked so hard for, not so?

All my assets are jointly owned...... My life insurance, she is my next of kin.......

So you see, your narrative is false..........
Re: Is Your Wife Your Property? by Nobody: 5:11pm On Jul 03, 2019
Lexusgs430:

All my assets are jointly owned...... My life insurance, she is my next of kin.......

So you see, your narrative is false..........

Like I said, by their posts you shall know them. You say you are married and respect your wife. I say bullshit. We agree to disagree and move on
Re: Is Your Wife Your Property? by Fountainofyouth(f): 5:14pm On Jul 03, 2019
I dare any man born of a woman to call me "hey property" to my face undecided

3 Likes

Re: Is Your Wife Your Property? by Lexusgs430: 5:16pm On Jul 03, 2019
ornicus:

Like I said, by their posts you shall know them. You say you are married and respect your wife. I say bullshit. We agree to disagree and move on

My point to you is, a wife must never be deemed a property........

Both parties jointly contribute towards property acquisition........

I would never marry a liability, in the of a housewife...........

1 Like

Re: Is Your Wife Your Property? by obembet(f): 5:43pm On Jul 03, 2019
Lalasticlala
Re: Is Your Wife Your Property? by MrBrownJay1(m): 7:00pm On Jul 03, 2019
ornicus:

heh.you are talking from a point of prejudice.

my wife is the first born and she is a lawyer. my sis is the only girl and she is a doctor. and like i said, it did not pass 20k. we are not an exception per se,.here are plenty of people like that. families with daughters raised as professionals who do BP because it is tradition.
you are conflating one or two tribes commercializing of bride price to the entire nigeria

let me ask:
- do you believe that, because the BP is low, therefore women wont/shouldnt be viewed as property any longer?

believe it or not, some Nigerian women out there are opting for divorce.

let me ask again:
- dont you think that these same women should have never been married, to begin with?

Fountainofyouth:
I dare any man born of a woman to call me "hey property" to my face undecided

they generally dont, but will treat you as such....
Re: Is Your Wife Your Property? by Fountainofyouth(f): 7:46pm On Jul 03, 2019
MrBrownJay1:

let me ask:
- do you believe that, because the BP is low, therefore women wont/shouldnt be viewed as property any longer?

let me ask again:
- dont you think that these same women should have never been married, to begin with?

they generally dont, but will treat you as such....

Some are so stupid they can't control their mouth, and I'm still waiting for the male that will treat me as such and get away with it.....

3 Likes

Re: Is Your Wife Your Property? by Fountainofyouth(f): 7:47pm On Jul 03, 2019
LordKO:
No. Actually, one's psychological leaning in particular and ethical leanings to a greater length will always determine his answer to this question. It's nothing to do with one's tribe or race.

- A man who's a libertarian knows that it's an insult to assume ownership of another human being, both in words and actions, irrespective of the second person's age, gender and class - how much more a woman who's not just a wife, but also of oneness.

- However, for a man who's a subjugator, a wife is automatically the husband's property.

It's a case of entitlement vs expectation. The latter is healthy while the former isn't.

Ironically, both male and female genders have subjugators. Any person of the manipulative ethical leanings is a subjugator. So, all egoists, narcissists and egotists are subjugators, because it takes either voluntary enslavement or outright servility to associate with you guys. Most of you (both males and females) who've already commented are subjugators. Small-mindedness knows no gender.

Meanwhile, fake libertarians are still worse than subjugators - hypocritically disingenuous people everywhere.

lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Is Your Wife Your Property? by Nobody: 7:54pm On Jul 03, 2019
Lexusgs430:

I have no brothers......

grin grin
U can dribble.

Was reading to see how the argument will end cheesy

At topic, in India, women pay pride price to men
Are the men their wives property?

1 Like

Re: Is Your Wife Your Property? by Nobody: 8:39pm On Jul 03, 2019
Na dem, we know dem.
Re: Is Your Wife Your Property? by LordKO(m): 9:46pm On Jul 03, 2019
Fountainofyouth:

lipsrsealed

I'm coming to your house now to tell you in your face that you're my property.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

German Man Gives Birth To Baby Boy / Why Females!!? / How To Deal Best With This Issue?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.