Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,360 members, 7,819,295 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:49 PM

In Defence Of SINGLE Mothers(a Thread) - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / In Defence Of SINGLE Mothers(a Thread) (416 Views)

Video Of Single Ladies In Wedding Gowns Praying For A Life Partner (pics/video) / Why Are Men Scared Of Dating Single Mothers? / Which Type Of Single Are You? (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

In Defence Of SINGLE Mothers(a Thread) by Sydney17(m): 1:36pm On Jul 03, 2019
One of the most castigated and criticized are the SINGLE mothers, the society is so hostile to them that some parents forbid their children from being friends with them, growing up in Nigeria, i was very guilty of this same offence, in fact i always swear i will and can never marry an AFTER 1, like we call them, I dated 2 just for curiosity sake, they were both extremely nice and over protective,they were TOO caring and INSECURE! I can say they were desperate! I opted out on both occassions, thinking that 'This one wan trap me' In all honesty there wasn't much difference in term of sexual intercourse, I had this Childish believe that, once a lady give birth, the p***Y is slacked, widened, loose etc! but that was a wrong assumption, i have been there and can say confidently that some ladies that are yet to give birth are even worse than the Single mothers! These set of people are suffering from the sins committed by 2 parties! we forgot that they NEVER made themselves pregnant, but we judge them and condemn them while the men walk away freely, get married and come back for 'HIS' kid later in the future afer the lady must have been to hell and back! However after being out of the Country for over 5 years, and been to different countries including Africa Countries, i realised we are not being fair to our sisters, our friends just because they give life, just because they bring joy to the world and just because they committed sins we all do commit! If Men can be pregnant,i'm sure we will have been worse,given the Poligamous nature of us and given the very fact that we cheat the most in every relationships! Over the years i realised i have really committed sins and only God can forgive, the same sins most of our youths are still committing just because of societal treatment and unwarranted criticism! The high rate of ABORTION was as a result of the fear, an average Nigerian lady must have carried out one or two ABORTIONS before the age of 25 just because of the fear of being called a SINGLE mum! i was also guilty! This message might not change your mind, but i won't you to know that being a SINGLE mum doesn't mean a lady is a BITCH or LOOSE! some ladies have aborted 6-10 times before you meet them, and you glorify her for not being a careless BITCH! Infact having a kid should encourage us! it shows the lady is FERTILE! Let's stop the intimidation and unwarrated castigation of our SISTERS! nobody holy pass, Do not judge anyone because they sin differently

1 Like

Re: In Defence Of SINGLE Mothers(a Thread) by chinchonglee(m): 2:03pm On Jul 03, 2019
Better leave dem to carry their cross..

We all av ours to carry too.

1 Like

Re: In Defence Of SINGLE Mothers(a Thread) by Nobody: 2:27pm On Jul 03, 2019
You made some points.

However, life isn't that fair. Would never even be. So, these stereotypes will continue to exist.
Re: In Defence Of SINGLE Mothers(a Thread) by Quality20(m): 5:06pm On Jul 03, 2019
well u can't find single mothers among our hausa ppl, I like thay
Re: In Defence Of SINGLE Mothers(a Thread) by mezarddinny: 6:44pm On Jul 03, 2019
go and marry single mother and let us rest abegi

so the society should keep praising them so the trend can greatly increase? do you know how tough it is being the child of a single parent even in the west? child of such situations go through a lot of things and the best way we can end it or keep it on the low is by not being open to single motherhood

1 Like

Re: In Defence Of SINGLE Mothers(a Thread) by ThothHermes: 7:39pm On Jul 03, 2019
Foolish thread.
So make we dey clap for them abi wetin? sad

Why you no marry the ones you dey with

(1) (Reply)

For Ladies Searching For Life Partner. "Please Beware " / Some Sisters Are Not Worth More Than Ice Cream (gelato) - Pastor Mike Bamiloye / Most Romantic Snapchat Of The Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.