Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,229 members, 7,822,187 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:03 AM

TECNO Phantom 9 Unboxing And Review + Price (photos) - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / TECNO Phantom 9 Unboxing And Review + Price (photos) (27922 Views)

Redmi 9 Unboxing And Quick Review (photos) / Infinix Hot 9 Unboxing And Review - Good Enough? / TECNO Spark 4 Unboxing, First Impressions And Review + Price (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: TECNO Phantom 9 Unboxing And Review + Price (photos) by hustla(m): 11:07am On Jul 06, 2019
ityP:
For the first time, I think tecno almost got it right. If they had put in a Helio P60 on this phone sef, it would really get loud applauses. One can forgive the build material and micro USB, but Helio p35 on a 77k phone is pure stupidity tbvh. I'm very impressed in the camera though. They did what no other company can do in placing dual flash on the front. Makes a whole lot of sense. And the back cameras take awesome pictures. If it came with a Snapdragon chip, installing gcam would have taken it to flagship camera standard tbvh. The only critical box this phone didn't tick for me is Processor and GPU

Lol many phones have front camera flash light
Shit feature tbh
Re: TECNO Phantom 9 Unboxing And Review + Price (photos) by naturefellow(m): 11:22am On Jul 06, 2019
chigoziri2403:
be updated, the ban takes effect by September, so am still enjoying Google
updated! Enjoy while it lasts.
Re: TECNO Phantom 9 Unboxing And Review + Price (photos) by investigator007: 11:57am On Jul 06, 2019
Naso
Clear matters cool
Re: TECNO Phantom 9 Unboxing And Review + Price (photos) by chigoziri2403(m): 12:18pm On Jul 06, 2019
naturefellow:
updated! Enjoy while it lasts.
something far better than Google is on the offing, calm down and take krest
Re: TECNO Phantom 9 Unboxing And Review + Price (photos) by ZesusHVWritter(m): 12:45pm On Jul 06, 2019
I have one word for this excuse of a crap.
A phone that couldn't be called a midrange in 2016, nor innovative in 2014.
"Cubot max 2."

1 Like

Re: TECNO Phantom 9 Unboxing And Review + Price (photos) by ityP(m): 12:58pm On Jul 06, 2019
hustla:

Lol many phones have front camera flash light
Shit feature tbh

Very few, if any dew drop or u-drop notches come with front flash. Dual for that matter on the Phantom 9 is commendable. A Snapdragon 636 chip on this would have made mega sense
Re: TECNO Phantom 9 Unboxing And Review + Price (photos) by Freelancerx: 7:24pm On Jul 06, 2019
they have always get it right from day one, but this new device is maddd
ityP:
For the first time, I think tecno almost got it right. If they had put in a Helio P60 on this phone sef, it would really get loud applauses. One can forgive the build material and micro USB, but Helio p35 on a 77k phone is pure stupidity tbvh. I'm very impressed in the camera though. They did what no other company can do in placing dual flash on the front. Makes a whole lot of sense. And the back cameras take awesome pictures. If it came with a Snapdragon chip, installing gcam would have taken it to flagship camera standard tbvh. The only critical box this phone didn't tick for me is Processor and GPU
Re: TECNO Phantom 9 Unboxing And Review + Price (photos) by Freelancerx: 7:33pm On Jul 06, 2019
WAWU the camera is fucking lit
henry007:
More pics
Re: TECNO Phantom 9 Unboxing And Review + Price (photos) by naturefellow(m): 10:34pm On Jul 06, 2019
chigoziri2403:
something far better than Google is on the offing, calm down and take krest
sorry, krest is no longer in the menu. Not even Schweppes or Teem undecided
Re: TECNO Phantom 9 Unboxing And Review + Price (photos) by ityP(m): 10:47pm On Jul 06, 2019
Freelancerx:
they have always get it right from day one, but this new device is maddd

Got it right with crappy processor
Re: TECNO Phantom 9 Unboxing And Review + Price (photos) by chigoziri2403(m): 10:50pm On Jul 06, 2019
naturefellow:
sorry, krest is no longer in the menu. Not even Schweppes or Teem undecided
bitter lemon can be used
Re: TECNO Phantom 9 Unboxing And Review + Price (photos) by fredie107(m): 11:00pm On Jul 06, 2019
grin grin grin cheesy
Re: TECNO Phantom 9 Unboxing And Review + Price (photos) by fredie107(m): 11:01pm On Jul 06, 2019
Flagship ni flagship ko..... With helio P35

This one na flagcanoe.. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: TECNO Phantom 9 Unboxing And Review + Price (photos) by Gwandana: 11:07pm On Jul 06, 2019
Well the phone looks sexy and we'll to do
Re: TECNO Phantom 9 Unboxing And Review + Price (photos) by Goldyyy: 12:52am On Jul 07, 2019
The phone is attractive
Re: TECNO Phantom 9 Unboxing And Review + Price (photos) by DarkJeddi(m): 2:20am On Jul 07, 2019
tbadejo25:

A good attempt but I want the pro version with type C cable
The Galaxy A20 at 51K managed a USB type C and we have to wait for the Pro version at over 100k before any hope of a USB type C.
Re: TECNO Phantom 9 Unboxing And Review + Price (photos) by DarkJeddi(m): 2:37am On Jul 07, 2019
ityP:

Very few, if any dew drop or u-drop notches come with front flash. Dual for that matter on the Phantom 9 is commendable. A Snapdragon 636 chip on this would have made mega sense
Front Camera flash are overrated,

Which BETTER phone with great low light shots has front flash?

Pixel 3 XL,Galaxy S10+, iPhone XS Max,OnePlus 7 Pro,Huawei P30 Pro?

NON! shocked

Just another overhyped feature to flaunt.. undecided

5 Likes

Re: TECNO Phantom 9 Unboxing And Review + Price (photos) by Jimgym(m): 11:40am On Jul 10, 2019
There are quite a lot of things that make sense. The storage capacity, the AI triple camera, the body design and a host of others.
Mckandre:
The only thing that makes sense here is location of the selfie flash. Kudos
Re: TECNO Phantom 9 Unboxing And Review + Price (photos) by Mckandre(m): 11:49am On Jul 10, 2019
Jimgym:
There are quite a lot of things that make sense. The storage capacity, the AI triple camera, the body design and a host of others.
nd ure telling me this because like m some kinda tecno fan that is just hearing such mediocre features for the first time undecided , tecno nd other transsion devices re far below my standards, Sorry to burst ur bubble ni but thnx anyways.
Re: TECNO Phantom 9 Unboxing And Review + Price (photos) by Jimgym(m): 11:55am On Jul 10, 2019
The price is cool. Na to find money buy the phone when dem release am.
Re: TECNO Phantom 9 Unboxing And Review + Price (photos) by Jimgym(m): 12:02pm On Jul 10, 2019
8hours is a lot of time, considering that browsing and playing with your phone is not all you do in a day, unless you don't have a job
chigoziri2403:
I have not used Nokia, but the battery is OK, fast charge, can last up to eight hours with constant browsing
Re: TECNO Phantom 9 Unboxing And Review + Price (photos) by chigoziri2403(m): 12:20pm On Jul 10, 2019
Jimgym:
8hours is a lot of time, considering that browsing and playing with your phone is not all you do in a day, unless you don't have a job
what if your job entails being on the phone always

1 Like

Re: TECNO Phantom 9 Unboxing And Review + Price (photos) by Abiodunspectre(m): 8:32am On Jul 14, 2019
drjprince:
very useless device,polycarbonate material embarassed embarassed helio p35 I am disgusted

The Huawei Y9 Prime 2019 also comes with polycarbonate material back. So no big deal about that.
Re: TECNO Phantom 9 Unboxing And Review + Price (photos) by Abiodunspectre(m): 8:34am On Jul 14, 2019
horlahwaley:
Tecno sha, what would cost them from using atleast helio p60 on this device and type c.?

All they did was to make the device affordable.
Re: TECNO Phantom 9 Unboxing And Review + Price (photos) by drjprince: 8:49am On Jul 14, 2019
Abiodunspectre:

The Huawei Y9 Prime 2019 also comes with polycarbonate material back. So no big deal about that.
we are talking about chipset here my man tecno will continue dropping sales if they dont up there game

1 Like

Re: TECNO Phantom 9 Unboxing And Review + Price (photos) by Jimgym(m): 2:07pm On Aug 09, 2019
Batteries must run down at some point, that's why they are rechargeable batteries, so that you can charge them when they run down. The issue however when the battery doesnt last a considerable time.
chigoziri2403:
what if your job entails being on the phone always
Re: TECNO Phantom 9 Unboxing And Review + Price (photos) by shogsman(m): 1:20pm On Aug 10, 2019
This phone should not be more than 35k
Re: TECNO Phantom 9 Unboxing And Review + Price (photos) by Norman4real(m): 9:04pm On Aug 10, 2019
shogsman:
This phone should not be more than 35k
what's your basis for this conclusion asides your your obvious negative bias towards the Tecno brand
Re: TECNO Phantom 9 Unboxing And Review + Price (photos) by shogsman(m): 9:13pm On Aug 10, 2019
Norman4real:
what's your basis for this conclusion asides your your obvious negative bias towards the Tecno brand

Nokia x5 uses helio p60 and it's around 40k,this one uses helio p35 kindly do the maths oga tecno marketer.
Re: TECNO Phantom 9 Unboxing And Review + Price (photos) by Norman4real(m): 4:15pm On Aug 11, 2019
shogsman:

Nokia x5 uses helio p60 and it's around 40k,this one uses helio p35 kindly do the maths oga tecno marketer.
first of all I doubt if that's the official price for that X5 but that aside there's a lot that goes to pricing than just the processor, compare everything else and you'll see that the phantom is way ahead in every aspect. Though I think the phantom could have been a bit cheaper by at least 15k,the 35k you say is unreasonable in every possible way. I'd pick the phantom any day over the Nokia despite the weaker processor.
Re: TECNO Phantom 9 Unboxing And Review + Price (photos) by Chuksteric(m): 10:54pm On Aug 13, 2019
Norman4real:
first of all I doubt if that's the official price for that X5 but that aside there's a lot that goes to pricing than just the processor, compare everything else and you'll see that the phantom is way ahead in every aspect. Though I think the phantom could have been a bit cheaper by at least 15k,the 35k you say is unreasonable in every possible way. I'd pick the phantom any day over the Nokia despite the weaker processor.
smh.. The phone beats whatever you are marketing in almost every aspect.. the phantom 9 shouldn't exceed 60-63k
Re: TECNO Phantom 9 Unboxing And Review + Price (photos) by ityP(m): 2:16am On Aug 14, 2019
Norman4real:

Not a good decision sir. Is not as if the cameras are that great? Abi is the sluggish on screen fingerprint?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How To Get Mtn N250, N500, N1000 Free Airtime (credit) Bonus While Making Calls / Youtube Enables Users To Save Videos For Offline Use In Nigeria. / Nigerians Come For Female Russian Admin Who Sent Them Packing With Insults

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.