Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,643 members, 7,809,418 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:14 AM

Quran, Ifa And The Bible By Abdulrazaq O Hamzat - Culture (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Quran, Ifa And The Bible By Abdulrazaq O Hamzat (31192 Views)

Ooni Of Ife: Whenever You Use Google, You’re Consulting Ifa -Oba Enitan Ogunwusi / Brazilian Man Eulogize Ifa And Masquerade In Yoruba . Photos & Video / Ooni Performs Ifa Festival Where Kolanut Is Mysteriously Swallowed By Ground(piç (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Quran, Ifa And The Bible By Abdulrazaq O Hamzat by Amujale(m): 3:58pm On Jul 21, 2019
Gobekli Tepe is not the birth place of civilisation, that is a false conception.

Civilisation began in Africa.
Re: Quran, Ifa And The Bible By Abdulrazaq O Hamzat by bilms(m): 1:11am On Jul 27, 2019
shocked

1 Like

Re: Quran, Ifa And The Bible By Abdulrazaq O Hamzat by Nobody: 8:46am On Oct 05, 2019
kheny12:
Hindus holy book vedas speaks about the coming of prophet Muhammad SAW.We worship God in different ways.

No it doesn't.

Vedas has no reference to mohammed or islam.

That's a straight and straight lie
Re: Quran, Ifa And The Bible By Abdulrazaq O Hamzat by kheny12(m): 9:23am On Oct 05, 2019
nemesis8u:

No it doesn't.

Vedas has no reference to mohammed or islam.

That's a straight and straight lie

Do you listen to Dr Zakir naik lectures.He's an Indian scholar who know everything about Indian religions.He mention one chapter from the Vedas that teaches about coming of Prohet Muhammad (pbuh).
Re: Quran, Ifa And The Bible By Abdulrazaq O Hamzat by Nobody: 9:53am On Oct 05, 2019
kheny12:
Do you listen to Dr Zakir naik lectures.He's an Indian scholar who know everything about Indian religions.He mention one chapter from the Vedas that teaches about coming of Prohet Muhammad (pbuh).

Zakir Naik is a religious bigot who conjures up baseless ideas based on his own weird interpretations lifted off dubious articles to conform to his religious beliefs.

He is not an accredited scholar on ancient Indian texts.

Neither he has the profiency on ancient sanskrit language to undertake translation nor the mental fortitude to understand the same.

The proto-sanskrit used in Vedas is very difficult to master and only a handful of scholars exists in the world who can interpret them that too not with absolute certainty and you can rest assure Zakir Naik is not one of them.

Actually it is a big joke to even think that a charlatan like Zakir Naik has the fortitude to interpret and understand Vedas.

The same Zakir Naik is now banned in many countries for hate speech and promotion of jihad.

Even Islamic Malaysia where he is now hiding issued a warning to him 2 to 3 months ago when he gave a hate speech on Malaysian religious minorities.
Re: Quran, Ifa And The Bible By Abdulrazaq O Hamzat by kheny12(m): 2:13pm On Oct 05, 2019
nemesis8u:

Zakir Naik is a religious bigot who conjures up baseless ideas based on his own weird interpretations lifted off dubious articles to conform to his religious beliefs.

He is not an accredited scholar on ancient Indian texts.

Neither he has the profiency on ancient sanskrit language to undertake translation nor the mental fortitude to understand the same.

The proto-sanskrit used in Vedas is very difficult to master and only a handful of scholars exists in the world who can interpret them that too not with absolute certainty and you can rest assure Zakir Naik is not one of them.

Actually it is a big joke to even think that a charlatan like Zakir Naik has the fortitude to interpret and understand Vedas.

The same Zakir Naik is now banned in many countries for hate speech and promotion of jihad.

Even Islamic Malaysia where he is now hiding issued a warning to him 2 to 3 months ago when he gave a hate speech on Malaysian religious minorities.
Are you a Hindu or what
Re: Quran, Ifa And The Bible By Abdulrazaq O Hamzat by bilms(m): 11:14am On Nov 28, 2019
cool
Re: Quran, Ifa And The Bible By Abdulrazaq O Hamzat by Amujale(m): 3:29am On Dec 03, 2019
Approximately 50% of the history of the entire world was experienced in the region of the world they know call Africa.

Africans invented paper and they invented the ink pen.

Africans invented the concepts of literacy.

Africans invented the concepts of numeracy.

African sailors are the first to have circumnavigate the seven seas.

Africans are the first people to explore the concepts of aerodynamics.

Civilisation began in Africa and then proceeded to trickle out to the rest of the world.

These are the truths that we ought to be mining and not comitting our positive energy into an ancient Eurocentric and or ancient Arabian fundamentalist ideological causes that is designed to benefit other people.

These are the times to be partaking in causes that benefits our great continent and nowhere else; even if the benefits arent seen immediately, those are the type of projects to be involved .

4 Likes

Re: Quran, Ifa And The Bible By Abdulrazaq O Hamzat by MetaPhysical: 5:52am On Dec 06, 2019
bilms:
Quran, Ifa and the Bible
By Abdulrazaq O Hamzat

Recently, in the course of research about history, i came in contact with a book on Ifa corpus.

I took interest in it because, I have heard many times that in ifa, exists history of many towns and people and i really wanted to know how true this is.

So, i took a copy of this ifa book to read.

Surprisingly, in the chapter one of the book, titled eji ogbe, a story, closely related to that which was narrated by the Quran and Bible was contained in it.

If you remember, the Quran and Bible told a story about the miraculous birth of a child called Jesus or Isa.

In both narratives, they said a virgin lady named Marry or Mariam (as the case may be), that is not married conceived the child without ever being with any man.

Bible said Marry conceived Jesus through holy spirit and the Quran said Mariam conceived Isa through what Islamic Scholars described as "kun fa ya kun".

I have just found out that similar story was narrated in an Odu Ifa called eji ogbe.

Ifa called the woman Oyigi and the child, ela.

According to the story, oyigi is unmarried and a revelation from ifa came to her that she will give birth to a miraculous child, a child that will be God's messenger.

Soon, she got pregnant as prophesied without meeting any man, went into the bush and eventually gave birth to the child she named ela.

The child, according to the story, became the most knowledgeable about ifa and when Orunmila is returning to heaven or eledumare, he entrusted spiritual knowledge of ifa to ela and asked all ifa messengers to refer to ela when they have any question.

Could this ifa story, be said to be similar to that of the quran and bible?

Abdulrazaq O Hamzat

Even the narrative of the three wise Kings guided by the night star to the child in Nazareth is contained in an Odu involving Oba Olugbon, Oba Aresa and Oragun Ila.

Ela L'Oro
Oro ni Omo bibi inu Eledumare
Nigba ti a bi Ela lati ara Obinrin wa s'Aye
Gege bi ipin tire lati to ile Aye wo
Oba Olugbon, Oba Aresa ati Orangun Ile Ila
Won da Ifa Irawo to yo loke orere
Ifa ni ki won mu ewure dudu, aguntan bolojo, ki won mu wura ati fadaka
Ki won fi tuba alejo Oro
Ki Aye le tuba tuse fun won lori Apere
Aah, nje kini kati gbo!
Ka wipe Oba n'tuba fun ar'obo, ab'eje lori?
Ifa ni "afojudi a ma so eni da egungun arin iwowo"!
Won gbo ti Ifa, ni won ba fi ori kunkun sile
Oun ni won fin wi pe...
Ode ba Olugbon, o mu mora ni
Ode ba Aresa, o mu mora ni
Ode ba Orangun Ile Ila, o mu mora ni.

This Odu teaches humility using the lessons of the three wise Kings that received sign of a miracle birth in nearby town. When instructed to take with them some items and pay homage in honor to the newborn...they were shocked! How is it to be heard that a King pays homage before an infant whose arrival is so new its fresh head has barely been cleansed of its delivery blood? Ifa counseled them, and they listened to Ifa, swallowed their pride and did what was instructed.

But why is the story of three wise men even in Odu Ifa...in same manner of record it is narrated in the Bible?

Yoruba is what I will call the beacon. When ships near harbor in the dead of the night...everywhere dark and the sea and land merge at the horizon, even though they have eyes ship captains are literally sailing blind. It is the beacon that becomes their eyes and navigate them safely to berth. What the world cannot see or understand in the mystery of nature, when it is hidden from sight, Yoruba will be the revelation to teach it.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Quran, Ifa And The Bible By Abdulrazaq O Hamzat by bilms(m): 10:13pm On Dec 06, 2019
Learning

1 Like

Re: Quran, Ifa And The Bible By Abdulrazaq O Hamzat by Olu317(m): 4:29pm On Dec 11, 2019
bilms:
Learning
There is a popular woman(Professor) who is in one of the most renowned university In the world and very established in Yoruba Art and history in medieval period, has begun working Coptic Christians migration into West Africa .

1 Like

Re: Quran, Ifa And The Bible By Abdulrazaq O Hamzat by bilms(m): 10:14am On Dec 27, 2019
Don't get that
Re: Quran, Ifa And The Bible By Abdulrazaq O Hamzat by Tayorshd2(m): 3:27pm On Oct 05, 2022
Blogfarms:
I don't know about the Ifa own o
All I know is there is alot of similarities between Islam and Christianity.
Ifa to me is not an idol or evil necessarily..it worked for them in the past.. People just abused it.. Just like some people abuse Islam and Christianity this days..
The story might be true though.. Ifa has existed for ages before Islam and Christianity came to Nigeria... Good morning mates

God bless you for this
Re: Quran, Ifa And The Bible By Abdulrazaq O Hamzat by ImperialYoruba: 2:23am On Oct 07, 2022
Benekruku:
Ejiogbe, Ejiogbe, Ejiogbe. Mo be yin, kiegbe mi ki'mi niyi, ki e egbe mi ki'mi n'ola, ifakifa kiini'yi koja Ejiogbe.

The Supporter, the Supporter, the Supporter.I beg you, be with me that I may have honor, be with me that I may have respect, there is no Odu more honored and respected than the Supporter.

Ejiogbe ni Baba - gbogbo won.

The Supporter is the Father of all Odu.

Ki gbogbo eniyan kaakiri agbaye gbarajo, kiwon maa gbe'mi n'ija, kiegbe mi leke ota. Ki nle'ke odi.

Let all those in the world gather to help me, through my difficulties, to defeat my enemies. Raise me above all misfortune in my lifetime.

Kiemaa gbe'mi n'ija kiemaa gbe mi leke isoro lojo gbogbo ni gbogbo ojo aye mi.

Forever raise me above all misfortune that might come my way.

Kiemaa gbe ire ko mi nigbabogbo tabi kiemaagbe fun mi. Ase.

Always bring me good fortune. May it be so.

Ire,

Ire o!
Re: Quran, Ifa And The Bible By Abdulrazaq O Hamzat by googi: 9:59pm On Oct 07, 2022
Did Ifa exist from the beginning of time OR Ifa existed before Christianity and Islam were introduced to Africa?

Will it not be preposterous then to claim that Ifa copied Bible story!

Please somebody educate us.
Re: Quran, Ifa And The Bible By Abdulrazaq O Hamzat by Olu317(m): 4:19pm On Oct 08, 2022
Tayorshd2:

God bless you for this
Spot on
Re: Quran, Ifa And The Bible By Abdulrazaq O Hamzat by Olu317(m): 4:33pm On Oct 08, 2022
googi:
Did Ifa existed from the beginning of time OR Ifa existed before Christianity and Islam were introduced to Africa?

Will it not be preposterous then to claim that Ifa copied Bible story!

Please somebody educate us.
Christianity was not introduced to Africa. The first pioneer Orthodox Christianity was in Africa before the Continent were severe into Near East and Africa.

The man identified as Abba MK/ Abba Mark was the first Head of all Christianity. He started the movement of YHWH(Eeshua/Yeshua) in Egypt with documentation of the Coptic language.

This same Abba(Father) became turned to Pope,Popa, Papa, which begun with Greek's knowledge of the part of religion of Hebrew adopted by European languages.

On the aspect of ifaodu, it is the reverse. The Bible is of Yoruba history with interaction with the rest of the world within their enclave.

There is nothing written in the Bible that you will not find it historical link in ifa corpus and there are things in ifa you will not find in Both the Bible and Quran. Ifaodu is embodiment of human Race, cosmology and beyond.
Re: Quran, Ifa And The Bible By Abdulrazaq O Hamzat by googi: 1:23pm On Oct 11, 2022
Sir, which Egypt are you referring to or where in Egypt?

" Upper or Lower" Egypt
Re: Quran, Ifa And The Bible By Abdulrazaq O Hamzat by Olu317(m): 4:33pm On Oct 11, 2022
Lower Egypt.This was where the Hebrew came through to arrived back into Egypt and expansion of the religion named christianity.
Re: Quran, Ifa And The Bible By Abdulrazaq O Hamzat by googi: 7:15pm On Oct 11, 2022
Olu317:
Lower Egypt.This was where the Hebrew came through to arrived back into Egypt and expansion of the religion named christianity.

I am sure you know that most of the origin of religion, civilization, Arts and Sciences took place in "Upper" Egypt which was SUDAN areas!
Re: Quran, Ifa And The Bible By Abdulrazaq O Hamzat by Olu317(m): 7:34pm On Oct 11, 2022
googi:

I am sure you know that most of the origin of religion, civilization, Arts and Sciences took place in "Upper" Egypt which was SUDAN areas!
I am not a fan of Afrocentricism without evidence. In Yoruba cosmology, Africa does not exist in the account of creation or the time the world was destroyed by Flooding. How many African legends refers to Flooding destruction of the world?

Hardly will ever find cuneiform account which dated back to 5000 years in these places you mentioned .

I do not like assumption as people with pride on Africa without concrete evidence. Yes, Africa was part of the larger world when civilization evolved but not solely Africa.

The oldest temple where religion was ever acknowledged is in Turkey. So, do not replace fact with opinion.

Peradventure, you have evidence which surpassed the Obelisk in Sudan that dated to 15000 years, then showcase it.
Re: Quran, Ifa And The Bible By Abdulrazaq O Hamzat by googi: 9:17pm On Oct 11, 2022
I am trying to harmonize your info and those of others into one mainly because places were not known or divided into Africa, Europe or Asia. The world was not so divided by waters then.

No matter how you look at it though, earlier activities took place in Africa than outside of it. Mesopotamia, Ethiopia and Sudan were not so distinct as it became later. It has nothing to do with Afrocentrism. When European center everything around Greece and Rome, that admitted they came to Egypt to learn, you do not call them ethnocentric.

I see that you believe in the Bible story (of Flood for example) that clearly indicates that children of Abraham or those of Adam and Eve went outside to marry.

Marry who, in which world?

Olu317:
I am not a fan of Afrocentricism without evidence. In Yoruba cosmology, Africa does not exist in the account of creation or the time the world was destroyed by Flooding. How many African legends refers to Flooding destruction of the world?

Hardly will ever find cuneiform account which dated back to 5000 years in these places you mentioned .

I do not like assumption as people with pride on Africa without concrete evidence. Yes, Africa was part of the larger world when civilization evolved but not solely Africa.

The oldest temple where religion was ever acknowledged is in Turkey. So, do not replace fact with opinion.

Peradventure, you have evidence which surpassed the Obelisk in Sudan that dated to 15000 years, then showcase it.
Re: Quran, Ifa And The Bible By Abdulrazaq O Hamzat by Olu317(m): 8:56am On Oct 12, 2022
googi:
I am trying to harmonize your info and those of others into one mainly because places were not known or divided into Africa, Europe or Asia. The world was not so divided by waters then.

No matter how you look at it though, earlier activities took place in Africa than outside of it. Mesopotamia, Ethiopia and Sudan were not so distinct as it became later. It has nothing to do with Afrocentrism. When European center everything around Greece and Rome, that admitted they came to Egypt to learn, you do not call them ethnocentric.

I see that you believe in the Bible story (of Flood for example) that clearly indicates that children of Abraham or those of Adam and Eve went outside to marry.

Marry who, in which world?

Sir, you missed my point here! Afrocentism is Africa's biasis againt the notion of some Europeans conquerors. Same reverse view goes for some Europeans Racist because the two project each continent via emotions.

Interestingly, Germany, Netherlands,Russia, Vatican in Rome, England etc have intact record of Darkskin might in the past. So, I ask you where is the problem ?

Even Pluto assert clearly, that neither white nor darkskin could make right but the one particular breed inbetween the two!

While you got the fact right on the world being together at a time,where they were within same Range or not too distant from themselves.

This alone support , the story written in Bible which is actually focused on the Yoruba and encounter with the rest of the world. Although you may disagree but it remains so even if you doubt such.

The language Yoruba speak is purely Semitic(modern word for Near East speaker of such language classified as Semitic) , inclusive many story line in the Bible. So,if you say I believe in the Bible then you are asserting that I believe in Og, Ela, Ele(El) , creation myth etc. Interestingly, these mentioned names prior to now do not exist among the Ibos even with same cognates. Therefore look further for facts.

Asamusing as it is, these things also exist in Ifa. Below screenshot is the era of Flooding in Yoruba Myth

1 Like

Re: Quran, Ifa And The Bible By Abdulrazaq O Hamzat by googi: 2:46pm On Oct 12, 2022
Olu713,

I am happy with your reply which may also please some of those that disagree with you like me on the Bibble.

I just don't think we can hang on to the Bibble stories as ours. Indeed, many scholars think they sold the idea of Christianity as ours to recapture us again.

This is where we disagree. No problem, two reasonable people can disagree without being disagreeable.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Popular Masquerades In Nigeria / Osun State Anthem / Ooni Ogunwusi & Wuraola Visit Tukur In Abuja - Photos

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.