Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,993 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:12 AM

What Do You Think Sustains Relationship And Marriage - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Do You Think Sustains Relationship And Marriage (2443 Views)

Love And Marriage... From The Spiritual Point Of View... 31 Deep Truths! / Nigerian Lady Sustains Severe Injury, After Making Her Hair Too Tight (Graphic) / Ask That Girl For Her VIN Before Proposal And Marriage. Guy's Beware! (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do You Think Sustains Relationship And Marriage by LordKO(m): 9:07pm On Jul 05, 2019
generationz:
I once read online how a married woman started having peace at home only when she started smoking weed with her husband grin

Every relationship has its own terms

However for a healthy relationship between two or more people to blossom, one needs the right does of

Trust
Commitment
Mutual respect
And understanding .

Whether, it be husband and wife , parent and child , pastor and church member or between two friends.

You for know say things like "Trust, Commitment, Mutual respect And understanding" na end product them be, they no be raw materials (values/attributes) - na raw materials the breed product nah. lol.

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Think Sustains Relationship And Marriage by Nobody: 9:12pm On Jul 05, 2019
LilMissFavvy:
Number one is character. Without the partners having characters that complements them and makes them compatible, no amount of money can make it work.

Number two is love.

Number three is money.
that number one is the most important thing.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think Sustains Relationship And Marriage by Nobody: 9:15pm On Jul 05, 2019
victorian:

You are from the east?
nice question for nonen to answer
Re: What Do You Think Sustains Relationship And Marriage by ImaIma1(f): 9:21pm On Jul 05, 2019
LordKO:

You for no say things like "Trust, Commitment, Mutual respect And understanding" na end product them be, they no be raw materials (values/attributes) - na raw materials the breed product nah. lol.

LordKO speaking pidgin smiley
Re: What Do You Think Sustains Relationship And Marriage by LordKO(m): 9:25pm On Jul 05, 2019
ImaIma1:

LordKO speaking pidgin smiley

lol, she yabbed me somewhere so I say make I use this opportunity tell am say I sabi pidgin.
Re: What Do You Think Sustains Relationship And Marriage by LilMissFavvy(f): 10:21pm On Jul 05, 2019
Exactly!
Oma307:

that number one is the most important thing.
Re: What Do You Think Sustains Relationship And Marriage by Nobody: 10:34pm On Jul 05, 2019
LilMissFavvy:
Exactly!
I value a woman who has a good character with high esteem either old or young. so unfortunate that what keep relationship to most ladies is money.
Re: What Do You Think Sustains Relationship And Marriage by generationz(f): 11:42pm On Jul 05, 2019
LordKO:

You for know say things like "Trust, Commitment, Mutual respect And understanding" na end product them be, they no be raw materials (values/attributes) - na raw materials the breed product nah. lol.

The question was what I think "sustains" a relationship

Tell me how you think a marriage can thrive without all I wrote up there

They might seem simple because I stated them in one word but they are not

Trust alone takes years to build and can be destroyed in a few seconds.

I got two mentions from guys. I'm sure you men were expecting me to yap on about submissiveness.

Im sure the pastor has nicely tucked that into Sunday's service.

I'll rather stick to mutual respect.
Re: What Do You Think Sustains Relationship And Marriage by generationz(f): 11:56pm On Jul 05, 2019
LordKO:

lol, she yabbed me somewhere so I say make I use this opportunity tell am say I sabi pidgin.

undecided really? do you have two accounts here ?
Re: What Do You Think Sustains Relationship And Marriage by LordKO(m): 12:23am On Jul 06, 2019
generationz:

The question was what I think "sustains" a relationship

Tell me how you think a marriage can thrive without all I wrote up there

They might seem simple because I stated them in one word but they are not

Trust alone takes years to build and can be destroyed in a few seconds.

I got two mentions from guys. I'm sure you men were expecting me to yap on about submissiveness.

Im sure the pastor has nicely tucked that into Sunday's service.

I'll rather stick to mutual respect.

SMH. So this whole brashness is because I banteringly quoted you today. Come on, look for your ilk elsewhere; "Trust, Commitment, Mutual respect And understanding" are not attributes - they cannot breed something literally. They hold no values on their own and cannot be the base words/mechanisms that sustain a relationship or anything instead they can act as bond, either individually or collectively.

Bye.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do You Think Sustains Relationship And Marriage by generationz(f): 9:57am On Jul 06, 2019
LordKO:

SMH. So this whole brashness is because I banteringly quoted you today. Come on, look for your ilk elsewhere; "Trust, Commitment, Mutual respect And understanding" are not attributes - they cannot breed something literally. They hold no values on their own and cannot be the base words/mechanisms that sustain a relationship or anything instead they can act as bond, either individually or collectively.

Bye.

Sorry for being brash.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think Sustains Relationship And Marriage by nonen(m): 8:27am On Jul 08, 2019
victorian:

You are from the east?

I’m not sure why this inquiry is needed.
However, you’re right. I’m from the East
Re: What Do You Think Sustains Relationship And Marriage by Magnoliaa(f): 10:38am On Jul 08, 2019
Knowledge?
Re: What Do You Think Sustains Relationship And Marriage by Magnoliaa(f): 10:42am On Jul 08, 2019
tommyken:
The word "Love" is a general term, the two things I know that can sustain relationship and marriage is Truthfulness and Respect.

And if the person doesn't value you or if your personalities just doesn't click?

Truthfulness too... can that still prevent bitterness and all other ills from coming up?
Re: What Do You Think Sustains Relationship And Marriage by AstroOG: 10:55am On Jul 08, 2019
Money
Money Money
Money Money Money
Money Money Money Money
Money Money Money Money Money
Money Money Money Money Money Money
Money Money Money Money Money Money Money
Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money

Money ooooooh
Money ooooooooh
Money oooooooooh
Money ooooooooooh

Money Brings Fame
money Brings Power
With Money Every other things will Fall on Line
With Money I can Turn Nicki and Cardio into my Dogs..

When Money Talks,
EVERYBODY LISTENS.

"If you no get Money,Hide your Freaking Face"
Re: What Do You Think Sustains Relationship And Marriage by victorian(f): 11:00am On Jul 08, 2019
nonen:

I’m not sure why this inquiry is needed.
However, you’re right. I’m from the East

Nothing.

Just asking, that's all
Re: What Do You Think Sustains Relationship And Marriage by MuttleyLaff: 8:18am On Jul 09, 2019
Estate360:
some persons believes its LOVE!
while some others argue that MONEY! establish's LOVE!
so what's your take in this...

for me..i think MONEY has a role it plays but LOVE is bedrock of all successful relationship/marriage
Money does help, makes it smoother and easier, but agape "unconditional" love is the answer

Magnoliaa:
Knowledge?
It is good, it actually is one of the requirements when in a relationship and marriage, in fact it is a requirement, an expectation during romantic intimacy. It is very important, in that respect, but there are two other things that are ahead of knowledge and are absolutely necessary.

tommyken:
The word "Love" is a general term, the two things I know that can sustain relationship and marriage is Truthfulness and Respect.
The meaning of the word love is not really appropriately or suitably described in the English language, the Greeks express love in a spectrum that ranges from agape "unconditional" love to eros "sex centered" love. They actually have have 7-8 ways of expressing love.

Magnoliaa:
And if the person doesn't value you or if your personalities just doesn't click?

Truthfulness too... can that still prevent bitterness and all other ills from coming up?
Where there is respect and love, the relationship and marriage will thrive.

Some women find it hard to respect their partners/husbands, and some men find it hard to love their partners/wives. As it happens, what you respect, you value, and wouldnt badmouth, wouldnt ridicule, belittle etcetera. What you love, you treasure and wouldnt want to harm, maltreat, cheat on etcetera. Women easily fall in love, but easily lose respect for their husbands. Men quickly dont love their wives well enough, not stray, not to maltreat them. This is why women are strongly advised to respect their husbands and men to love their wives.

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Think Sustains Relationship And Marriage by nlPoster: 2:40pm On Oct 31, 2019
generationz:
I once read online how a married woman started having peace at home only when she started smoking weed with her husband grin

Wonderful.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Yahoo Guy Fvcked His Fiancee Inside Ikeja Clothing Store / If A Girl Can Twerk, Does That Mean She Will Be Good In Bed? / Morning Wood, NPT, Early Morning Erection,take Note,it's Important For Men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.