Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,210 members, 7,829,342 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:22 AM

Oyetola Vs Adeleke: Supreme Court Ruling On Osun Governorship Election (Live) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oyetola Vs Adeleke: Supreme Court Ruling On Osun Governorship Election (Live) (39262 Views)

Oyetola Vs Adeleke: Aregbesola Reacts To Supreme Court Ruling / Oyetola VRS Adeleke: Supreme Court Panel Members Named / Ekiti 2018 Governorship Election: Live Updates & Results Monitoring (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oyetola Vs Adeleke: Supreme Court Ruling On Osun Governorship Election (Live) by nery4u(m): 9:32am On Jul 05, 2019
July 5 2019
Champion League Final
Oyetola APC vs Adeleke PDP
Referee : Supreme court

5 Likes

Re: Oyetola Vs Adeleke: Supreme Court Ruling On Osun Governorship Election (Live) by dodelight(m): 9:32am On Jul 05, 2019
Afamed:

When you are in Upper Iweka, you knew all that happened in Osun during the election.

The truth is, sometimes it is you people that think everyone who comments on such matter is from another state that are really annoying. On the day of the so called rerun in Osun, I posted about what happened at Freedom Park which I witnessed that day, but due to the fact that my android battery was down and I couldn't take pictures or videos, I only used my 2g Techno M3 to post on nairaland that day, then someone said they should not believe me that I'm in Nnewi and not based in Osun state. So, it's you people that assume you know everything that are really annoying and irritating. See that post below:

https://www.nairaland.com/4757498/osun-2018-chaos-freedom-park

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyetola Vs Adeleke: Supreme Court Ruling On Osun Governorship Election (Live) by kahal29: 9:32am On Jul 05, 2019
There is majotity judgment of 5 and dissenting judgment of 2

3 Likes

Re: Oyetola Vs Adeleke: Supreme Court Ruling On Osun Governorship Election (Live) by 15ssDRIVE(m): 9:33am On Jul 05, 2019
lastmessenger:
I think you just lied bro. Nobody is referred that way in Igbo land

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa bros, you ca lie for Qatar!

1 Like

Re: Oyetola Vs Adeleke: Supreme Court Ruling On Osun Governorship Election (Live) by Johnnyessence(m): 9:33am On Jul 05, 2019
Emyo:
Adeleke is absent in this court room self
likewise oyetola isn't in the court.

1 Like

Re: Oyetola Vs Adeleke: Supreme Court Ruling On Osun Governorship Election (Live) by dodelight(m): 9:33am On Jul 05, 2019
nery4u:
July 5 2019
Champion League Final

Is that a Champions League picture?
Re: Oyetola Vs Adeleke: Supreme Court Ruling On Osun Governorship Election (Live) by dodelight(m): 9:33am On Jul 05, 2019
nery4u:
July 5 2019
Champion League Final

Re: Oyetola Vs Adeleke: Supreme Court Ruling On Osun Governorship Election (Live) by Ayopercent(m): 9:33am On Jul 05, 2019
ejimatic:

.. the entire proceedings and the judgement of the Osun State Governorship Election Tribunal a nullity. I hereby set aside the entire proceedings including the judgement," she ruled.
Justice Sankey also faulted the tribunal's decision to declare the supplementary election as illegal as well as cancelling results of 17 polling units even though Adeleke did not prove over-voting took place.
She said, "The absence of proper ballot accounting in the Forms EC8A in the 17 polling units is not a substantial non-compliance and did not substantially affect the results of the election.
"The only appropriate order is for a rerun election as provided under section 140(2) of the Electoral Act but not to recompute the results of the election and proceed to declare the 1st respondent or any other person the winner of the election.
"The tribunal was in patent error when it set aside the rerun election especially when it found that the conduct of the rerun was not marred by malpractices and non-compliance with the Electoral Act, leading to the unwarranted disenfranchisement of the voters in the seven polling units."
Justices Abubakar Yahaya , Isaiah Akeju , and
Bitrus Sanga , agreed with Justice Sankey's. ....... The above except from the appeal court judgement sets a stage for the judgement at the supreme court on Friday. Arising questions are :Will the supreme court overrule itself? will the supreme court contradict itself? Will supreme court expunge section 140 and 250 of the constitution? Will supreme court set aside previous judgements on rerun elections and absence of the justice even in a day during hearing?Will the Supreme court not confirm Oyetola on Friday? Will the supreme court order rerun election in 17 polling units and 7polling units where rerun took place? Will the supreme court say constitution and electoral laws are not related again?Will the Supreme court overrule all its precedents relating to Osun election? The final decision is in the hand of CJN Tanko Mohammed and his team.As for me my personal opinion without reservation to anybody or any aggrieved individual or group is: The Supreme court will confirm Oyetola as governor or order a rerun in 17 contested poling units and 7 polling units where rerun took place.
Can you pls cite some of the Supreme Court judgements that are related to this Osun state election matter.

3 Likes

Re: Oyetola Vs Adeleke: Supreme Court Ruling On Osun Governorship Election (Live) by timibare(m): 9:34am On Jul 05, 2019
I pray Adeleke wins

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyetola Vs Adeleke: Supreme Court Ruling On Osun Governorship Election (Live) by Autotech312(m): 9:34am On Jul 05, 2019
kingemzy5:
May Adeleke come out victorious... May Aregbesola die for making the people of osun state weep, May Tinubu die for imposing Aregbesola and Oyetola on us, may Buhari die for being voluntarily stupid..

Why are you this bitter?

1 Like

Re: Oyetola Vs Adeleke: Supreme Court Ruling On Osun Governorship Election (Live) by Olusholasimon(m): 9:34am On Jul 05, 2019
Yes !!!
I hope & pray that the right choice for the betterment of the masses will be vindicated today !
Fingers crossed as we await the final verdict !

1 Like

Re: Oyetola Vs Adeleke: Supreme Court Ruling On Osun Governorship Election (Live) by kahal29: 9:34am On Jul 05, 2019
Oyetola wins in

2 Likes

Re: Oyetola Vs Adeleke: Supreme Court Ruling On Osun Governorship Election (Live) by ojonugwap(m): 9:35am On Jul 05, 2019
kingemzy5:
May Adeleke come out victorious... May Aregbesola die for making the people of osun state weep, May Tinubu die for imposing Aregbesola and Oyetola on us, may Buhari die for being voluntarily stupid..

An what would happen to you and your father

2 Likes

Re: Oyetola Vs Adeleke: Supreme Court Ruling On Osun Governorship Election (Live) by garfield1: 9:35am On Jul 05, 2019
kahal29:
Senator (Dr.) Ajibola Basiru
@DrSRJ_
·
54s
Abiodun Olaide announced appearance for Gov
@Oyetola_Gboyega

@DrSRJ_
·
1m
N.O.O Oke and Dr Paul Ananaba both SAN led the legal representation for PDP and Adeleke

@DrSRJ_
·
3m
Four of the 7 Justices of the Supreme court sat to deliver the jusdment. Justice Rhodes Vivour Presiding
4 out of 7 judges? Then its a split decision
Re: Oyetola Vs Adeleke: Supreme Court Ruling On Osun Governorship Election (Live) by garfield1: 9:36am On Jul 05, 2019
kahal29:
I just noticed.i thought its 4-3
Re: Oyetola Vs Adeleke: Supreme Court Ruling On Osun Governorship Election (Live) by iamawara(m): 9:36am On Jul 05, 2019
kahal29:

Explain pls
Re: Oyetola Vs Adeleke: Supreme Court Ruling On Osun Governorship Election (Live) by garfield1: 9:36am On Jul 05, 2019
kahal29:
Oyetola wins in
Its a lie.wait till they rule properly
Re: Oyetola Vs Adeleke: Supreme Court Ruling On Osun Governorship Election (Live) by Johnnyessence(m): 9:38am On Jul 05, 2019
kahal29:
Oyetola wins in
lol justice Rhode never read the judgement now. stop your lies here OK.

1 Like

Re: Oyetola Vs Adeleke: Supreme Court Ruling On Osun Governorship Election (Live) by garfield1: 9:38am On Jul 05, 2019
iamawara:

Explain pls
It means 5 judges are supporting one side,the other two are saying the other person won.for example 5 said adeleke won,2 said oyetola won
Re: Oyetola Vs Adeleke: Supreme Court Ruling On Osun Governorship Election (Live) by garfield1: 9:38am On Jul 05, 2019
Johnnyessence:
lol justice Rhode never read the judgement now. stop your lies here OK.
I agree.lets wait till the judgment is read
Re: Oyetola Vs Adeleke: Supreme Court Ruling On Osun Governorship Election (Live) by zizi4real: 9:39am On Jul 05, 2019
dodelight:

Breaking News! There is majotity judgment of 5 and dissenting judgment of 2 in favour of APC candidate, Mr Oyetola

2 Likes

Re: Oyetola Vs Adeleke: Supreme Court Ruling On Osun Governorship Election (Live) by Afamed: 9:39am On Jul 05, 2019
lastmessenger:
This the trade mark of your people, always selling lies to twist the narrative. No wonder you sold a devil to us as president
You haven't said anything new here

1 Like

Re: Oyetola Vs Adeleke: Supreme Court Ruling On Osun Governorship Election (Live) by garfield1: 9:39am On Jul 05, 2019
Ayopercent:

Can you pls cite some of the Supreme Court judgements that are related to this Osun state election matter.
Kogi 2016 polls,abia 2015 polls

2 Likes

Re: Oyetola Vs Adeleke: Supreme Court Ruling On Osun Governorship Election (Live) by ejimatic: 9:39am On Jul 05, 2019
case of Faleke v. INEC 2016 8 NWLR, part 1543 pg 61, in which Supreme court affirmed the limited scope of the jurisdiction of the election tribunal. to declare winner.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oyetola Vs Adeleke: Supreme Court Ruling On Osun Governorship Election (Live) by Heritage92: 9:42am On Jul 05, 2019
In the actual sense, Nigerian know what happened during the Osun election. It's a daylight robbery, even(he) Oyetola knows that he didn't win the election but I so much have respect for our law. Let the rule of law prevail, if it goes otherwise, it's a slap on our democracy.

1 Like

Re: Oyetola Vs Adeleke: Supreme Court Ruling On Osun Governorship Election (Live) by yjgm(m): 9:43am On Jul 05, 2019
Appeal dismissed by majority of 5. Tribunal judgment is a nullity.
Court of appeal judgement subsists. Oyetola wins.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyetola Vs Adeleke: Supreme Court Ruling On Osun Governorship Election (Live) by NFFGG: 9:44am On Jul 05, 2019
This is a split decision. May God help our Judiciary
Re: Oyetola Vs Adeleke: Supreme Court Ruling On Osun Governorship Election (Live) by datbay(m): 9:44am On Jul 05, 2019
APC WON

3 Likes

Re: Oyetola Vs Adeleke: Supreme Court Ruling On Osun Governorship Election (Live) by bimgo: 9:44am On Jul 05, 2019
God please intervene
Re: Oyetola Vs Adeleke: Supreme Court Ruling On Osun Governorship Election (Live) by frankmoney(m): 9:44am On Jul 05, 2019
Who won ?
Re: Oyetola Vs Adeleke: Supreme Court Ruling On Osun Governorship Election (Live) by Afamed: 9:45am On Jul 05, 2019
Heritage92:
In the actual sense, Nigerian know what happened during the Osun election. It's a daylight robbery, even(he) Oyetola knows that he didn't win the election but I so much have respect for our law. Let the rule of law prevail, if it goes otherwise, it's a slap on our democracy.
Only a slap when things don't go your way?

2 Likes

Re: Oyetola Vs Adeleke: Supreme Court Ruling On Osun Governorship Election (Live) by olajizz01(m): 9:45am On Jul 05, 2019
The Senseless PDP supporters have been jubilating since 2weeks ago in Osun as if they are privy to the judgment of supreme court but started doubting their victory in supreme on the eve of the judgment,then what is the essence of their jubilation then.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Wike Bans Meeting Of Igbo Group In Oyigbo, Rivers State / Senate Rejects Tinubu's Bill Seeking Special Grants For Lagos / FG May Charge Dasuki For Sponsoring Terrorism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.