Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,922 members, 7,821,227 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:05 AM

Life And Times Of An Infiniti G35 - Car Talk (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Life And Times Of An Infiniti G35 (37763 Views)

I Want To Sell My Infiniti G35 2008 Model Asap / My Infiniti G35: From Boston To My Doorstep / Advise On Buying A Nigerian Used Infiniti G35 (2004) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Life And Times Of An Infiniti G35 by jceesquare(m): 4:13pm On Jul 15, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

Thanks for this. I'll have a look into it.

Anyway, two days, the rough idling stopped on its own completely. No issues till now.

On the flip side, after the cat delete, this car now sounds like a sub-machine gun. shocked
Amazing sound. I was planning to do a muffler delete before this but I'm satisfied with how it sounds for now. I'll do a cold startup video later.

The cat delete also brought power gains. There's a noticeable increase in power after taking off the cats, especially in the low-end. Car pulls extremely hard now.
That car would be impounded for failing an emission test if VIO catch you for place like Lagos.
Save our planet.

2 Likes

Re: Life And Times Of An Infiniti G35 by HeavenlyBang(m): 4:54pm On Jul 15, 2019
jceesquare:

That car would be impounded for failing an emission test if VIO catch you for place like Lagos.
Save our planet.

Fook the planet. I'll straight pipe this if I want. angry

Also, good thing I don't live in Lagos eh. wink

1 Like

Re: Life And Times Of An Infiniti G35 by thebigkendo(m): 6:26pm On Jul 15, 2019
jceesquare:

Save our planet.

Talk true sir
Re: Life And Times Of An Infiniti G35 by jceesquare(m): 6:31pm On Jul 15, 2019
thebigkendo:

Talk true sir
The new Sheriff in town has been blowing hot and looking for scape goats to spill their blood on the sacrificial altar.
Their crooked eyes might torch light shiny cars especially the ones that growls grin
Re: Life And Times Of An Infiniti G35 by Lexusgs430: 6:35pm On Jul 15, 2019
jceesquare:

Save our planet.

All the generators in Nigeria, choking our space with carbon monoxide nko........

6 Likes

Re: Life And Times Of An Infiniti G35 by HeavenlyBang(m): 6:52pm On Jul 15, 2019

6 Likes

Re: Life And Times Of An Infiniti G35 by Nobody: 7:13pm On Jul 15, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rT8nsFbB1DE

Here ya go.

Chai, that sound at start-up can give a man orgasm grin
Re: Life And Times Of An Infiniti G35 by AutoMoTech(m): 7:13pm On Jul 15, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

Thanks for this. I'll have a look into it.

Anyway, two days, the rough idling stopped on its own completely. No issues till now.

On the flip side, after the cat delete, this car now sounds like a sub-machine gun. shocked
Amazing sound. I was planning to do a muffler delete before this but I'm satisfied with how it sounds for now. I'll do a cold startup video later.

The cat delete also brought power gains. There's a noticeable increase in power after taking off the cats, especially in the low-end. Car pulls extremely hard now.

Ok cool. Then maybe probabli d low fuel or bad fuel was d cause.
Obviously cat delete will give a little more power since ur engine can now breathe better. Bt dt muffler is going o hehehehehe... did u use o2 spacers for d post cat?
Re: Life And Times Of An Infiniti G35 by HeavenlyBang(m): 7:16pm On Jul 15, 2019
rationalmind:

Chai, that sound at start-up can give a man orgasm grin

Yeah, it's glorious! cheesy

AutoMoTech:

Ok cool. Then maybe probabli d low fuel or bad fuel was d cause.
Obviously cat delete will give a little more power since ur engine can now breathe better. Bt dt muffler is going o hehehehehe... did u use o2 spacers for d post cat?

Yeah, may have been an issue with fuel. I have no idea. Or the car finally relearned proper idling speed after a few drive cycles. No idea.

I have a spacer on one bank. But the cat code is still coming up, even on that bank.
Re: Life And Times Of An Infiniti G35 by Eddee(m): 7:20pm On Jul 15, 2019
Kingreign to delete things from that M35 dey hungry me grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Life And Times Of An Infiniti G35 by Eddee(m): 7:20pm On Jul 15, 2019
Rationalmind I sight you

1 Like

Re: Life And Times Of An Infiniti G35 by Nobody: 7:29pm On Jul 15, 2019
Eddee:
Rationalmind I sight you

Baba, na me sight you pass grin

Eddee:

grin grin
Re: Life And Times Of An Infiniti G35 by kingreign(m): 9:32pm On Jul 15, 2019
Eddee:

Baba, anytime you need to delete that thing. I gallantly ready!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Life And Times Of An Infiniti G35 by AutoMoTech(m): 9:44pm On Jul 15, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

Yeah, it's glorious! cheesy

Yeah, may have been an issue with fuel. I have no idea. Or the car finally relearned proper idling speed after a few drive cycles. No idea.

I have a spacer on one bank. But the cat code is still coming up, even on that bank.

I doubt its a relearn process. Did U remove the throttle body or something? Cuz if U didnt den dere was no need for relearn
Re: Life And Times Of An Infiniti G35 by Eddee(m): 10:01am On Jul 16, 2019
kingreign:

Baba, anytime you need to delete that thing. I gallantly ready!

3 Likes

Re: Life And Times Of An Infiniti G35 by chuckjonesbaba(m): 8:01pm On Jul 16, 2019
nurey:

More reason why you should be jailed after getting flogged. You were at that angle to size up the package and you defaulted in doing the right thing, please report yourself at the nearest station for incarceration grin

Lol!
Re: Life And Times Of An Infiniti G35 by Nobody: 7:42pm On Aug 02, 2019
HeavenlyBang does the Eco button improve your g37 mpg? Is the effect very obvious?
Re: Life And Times Of An Infiniti G35 by kingreign(m): 8:54pm On Aug 02, 2019
kong4:
HeavenlyBang does the Eco button improve your g37 mpg? Is the effect very obvious?
Its like pressing 'sports' on a 3 cylinder 900 cc car.

You know what it does.... All noise no substance. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Life And Times Of An Infiniti G35 by Nobody: 9:26pm On Aug 02, 2019
kingreign:

Its like pressing 'sports' on a 3 cylinder 900 cc car.

You know what it does.... All noise no substance. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Lol. Does it save fuel?
Re: Life And Times Of An Infiniti G35 by kingreign(m): 11:12pm On Aug 02, 2019
kong4:

Lol. Does it save fuel?

Na decoration.
Re: Life And Times Of An Infiniti G35 by Nobody: 5:24am On Aug 03, 2019
kingreign:

Na decoration.

Lol
Re: Life And Times Of An Infiniti G35 by grimadult(m): 7:04am On Aug 03, 2019
UnlimitedGadget:

Bro please help a brother, swirls marks have finished me. How do you wash your car that it's still scratch free? Please drop tips on method and even the soap you use.... I'm about to respray and I'll like to keep it long this time
Kindly check my post on paint correction
Re: Life And Times Of An Infiniti G35 by HeavenlyBang(m): 7:34am On Aug 03, 2019
kong4:

What eco button?
Re: Life And Times Of An Infiniti G35 by Nobody: 11:21am On Aug 03, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

What eco button?

Auto Econ control , you may check it out on the internet
Re: Life And Times Of An Infiniti G35 by HeavenlyBang(m): 12:57pm On Aug 03, 2019
kong4:

Auto Econ control , you may check it out on the internet

Pretty sure that's for the AC?
Re: Life And Times Of An Infiniti G35 by adeeva06(f): 4:09pm On Aug 06, 2019
You have an idea the cost of engine for 2006 G35s?

HeavenlyBang:

Pretty sure that's for the AC?
Re: Life And Times Of An Infiniti G35 by naijadrivablog: 10:06pm On Aug 07, 2019
HeavenlyBang:
My car was in the shop again last week . First oil change. And another set of issues.

Five quarts of full synthetic 5W-30. Mobil1. Best oil only for my VQ, God knows it deserves it. I dey flog am everyday.

I learnt that this Mobil 1 is also good for Infinity FX35
Re: Life And Times Of An Infiniti G35 by HeavenlyBang(m): 8:29am On Aug 08, 2019
naijadrivablog:

I learnt that this Mobil 1 is also good for Infinity FX35

It is. Some use 5W-40 on the VQ35DE engines, though, since they're prone to high oil consumption.
Re: Life And Times Of An Infiniti G35 by HeavenlyBang(m): 2:35pm On Aug 08, 2019
Had a fun afternoon.

Awka is built around an interstate highway (Enugu-Anambra), so I have clean stretch of road to blaze around every day.

A favorite past time of mine is racing cars on that stretch of road. ES350's, RX350's, W204 C300's, and even a W205 C300 on time. Fun.

Anyway, I saw an FX at my back, so I moved over to the other lane with the intention to race. For some reason, they usually take up the challenge. I moved over and the FX pulled up beside me. And pulled ahead a bit.

FX45. Not FX35. grin

Abort mission. The FX has a 15 HP/60 ft-lb advantage. It is heavier, of course, and I'd beat it 10/10 over short distances. At the top end, though?? I think I'd lose quite comfortably.

I guess I'm just a bully. grin

2 Likes

Re: Life And Times Of An Infiniti G35 by kingreign(m): 2:46pm On Aug 08, 2019
HeavenlyBang:
Had a fun afternoon.

Awka is built around an interstate highway (Enugu-Anambra), so I have clean stretch of road to blaze around every day.

A favorite past time of mine is racing cars on that stretch of road. ES350's, RX350's, W204 C300's, and even a W205 C300 on time. Fun.

Anyway, I saw an FX at my back, so I moved over to the other lane with the intention to race. For some reason, they usually take up the challenge. I moved over and the FX pulled up beside me. And pulled ahead a bit.

FX45. Not FX35. grin

Abort mission. The FX has a 15 HP/60 ft-lb advantage. It is heavier, of course, and I'd beat it 10/10 over short distances. At the top end, though?? I think I'd lose quite comfortably.

I guess I'm just a bully. grin

Why you no go play is350 or C350 or 535i make we observe from the side as e go bloody reach? grin
Re: Life And Times Of An Infiniti G35 by Alfred2000: 4:40pm On Aug 08, 2019
Heavenly bang. What number can i use to reach you. It’s urgent
Re: Life And Times Of An Infiniti G35 by HeavenlyBang(m): 4:44pm On Aug 08, 2019
kingreign:

Why you no go play is350 or C350 or 535i make we observe from the side as e go bloody reach? grin

I'm a bully. I dey know where my power reach. grin
BTW, I don't think there's any C350 faster than I am. IS350 has the takeoff/short distance advantage but I'd catch up eventually.

Na 335i be the real devil. lipsrsealed To be avoided at all cost. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

5 Reasons Why Buying A Used Car (tokunbo) Is Great / 28 Car Brands And The Year They Were Founded - Innoson Will Shock You / Photo: Is This The Best Way Of Securing Your Car From Theft?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.