Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,693 members, 7,809,617 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:01 PM

Rape: Nigeria Senate Seeks Death Penalty For Rapists - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rape: Nigeria Senate Seeks Death Penalty For Rapists (13225 Views)

Buhari Writes Senate, Seeks Amendment Of PIA / Senate Seeks Revival Of Almajiri Schools Built By Former President Jonathan / Unemployment: Senate Seeks Payment Of Stipends To Jobless Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rape: Nigeria Senate Seeks Death Penalty For Rapists by Dami12345: 11:30am On Jul 10, 2019
Kingosytex:
Nice One from the senators!!!

All the senators spoke very well. Death penalty for rapists isn't a bad idea, but i was also expecting them to say something about those who claim FALSE RAPE

If rapists are to be sentenced, then those who raise false rape allegations should also be KILLED

Exactly. One must not launch without the other.
Re: Rape: Nigeria Senate Seeks Death Penalty For Rapists by Xisnin(m): 11:32am On Jul 10, 2019
jimmyLd101:
But that doesn't change the fact that girls fake rape story too. I want to ask are you in prison already to know all these
You dont' need to be in prison to know publicly available crime stats.

If SARS randomely arrest you for Yahoo will you be happy or will you protest against it?
If you won't be happy with such arrest, don't you know that you not being a
fraudster doesn't change the fact that young men are into yahoo busines.

Since you claimed that most women accuse men of rape, what make you special that you are
yet to be branded a rapist.
Let us assume you are special, why are all of your male friends or family members not in jail for rape?
Re: Rape: Nigeria Senate Seeks Death Penalty For Rapists by Mcslize: 12:23pm On Jul 10, 2019
Joromi12:
Only if it involved pedophiles . Women go begin lie if u dump them later

Exactly. Imagine ur ex calling u out that u raped her years later after seeing that u don blow. How do we handle such?

If it is pedophiles, that law will go well. I wonder how those involved in pedophiles get the urge to do such terrible acts.

A lot of ladies will use this to their advantages.
Re: Rape: Nigeria Senate Seeks Death Penalty For Rapists by Mcslize: 12:40pm On Jul 10, 2019
janettee:

We are talking about Nigeria not the US!.
I personally don't think 'false rape accusation' is a thing in Nigeria. I'm sorry about that 'someone' who was falsely accused.

This has nothing to do with emotions or logic. Daily, there are cases of rape in Nigeria especially ones involving minors.

But false rape accusations are hardly ever seen, why is that so?.

I haven't heard/seen someone go to jail cause they were falsely accused of rape, I mean real rapists are hardly convicted in Nigeria.

Bro, if we are talking of minors rape, that's better understood. It should be life imprisonment not outright death.

However, if we are talking of adult rape, bro a lot of ladies will use it to their advantages to blackmail a lot of males. Just imagine a girl calling you out that you raped her just in a bid to get back at you because you refused dating her. How will you handle such? Will it be good if you are killed for such accusation?

That's the main reason why death penalty can't go with rape crime cuz there will definitely be numerous false accusations.

Was it not here one guy post that a runs girl he met told him he will hear from her and later on accused him of a rape whereas they bargained on a specified amount but the guy ended up lasting more than usual, and the babe asked him to add money but he refused. She simply told the guy, he will hear from her. She went to the police station and made a rape complaint that the guy raped her.

Police started looking for the guy up and down, came to his house multiple times and calling his number to come to the station to surrender himself. The guy ran out of home until he couldn't bear the torment from the police. He went and surrender himself, received some beating and then the girl later told the DPO that the guy didn't rape her that they bargained on a specified amount but the guy didn't keep to the bargain.

So you can see why this death penalty won't be a nice idea cuz ladies will abuse it.
Re: Rape: Nigeria Senate Seeks Death Penalty For Rapists by CAPSLOCKED: 1:08pm On Jul 10, 2019
janettee:
I really welcome this idea especially for those who rape minors angry.

But the existing rape laws don't even do anything to deter rapists.

THE PROBLEM IS.. HOW DO WE KNOW WHEN A RAPE STORY IS TRUE? JUST TO AVOID PERSECUTING INNOCENT PEOPLE.

AND IN CASES OF REAL RAPE REPORTS, BUT WITHOUT QUALITY EVIDENCE, HOW CAN WE KNOW IF THE ACCUSED IS GUILTY OR NOT?

THE SITUATION IS ALWAYS TOUGH. LET'S NOT FORGET THE STIGMA ATTACHED, AND THE RIDICULE VICTIMS AND THEIR FAMILIES FACE... WHICH MAKES THEM DECIDE TO LAY LOW AND LEAVE THINGS TO A GOD THAT DOESN'T SOLVE ANYTHING.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rape: Nigeria Senate Seeks Death Penalty For Rapists by jimmyLd101: 2:27pm On Jul 10, 2019
Xisnin:

You dont' need to be in prison to know publicly available crime stats.

If SARS randomely arrest you for Yahoo will you be happy or will you protest against it?
If you won't be happy with such arrest, don't you know that you not being a
fraudster doesn't change the fact that young men are into yahoo busines.

Since you claimed that most women accuse men of rape, what make you special that you are
yet to be branded a rapist.
Let us assume you are special, why are all of your male friends or family members not in jail for rape?
why would your family memebers go to jail for an offence they don't comit
Re: Rape: Nigeria Senate Seeks Death Penalty For Rapists by ceejay80s(m): 3:44pm On Jul 10, 2019
kelvxyn:
What if d man doesn't release? Or used condom for d rape. And in case of false rape, there must cctv to prove. Somebody cannot be sentenced to death for what he didn't commit abeg.

My guy anybody wey wan rape no get time to wear condom , they must release, the essence of the rape na sexual pleasure to release,

1 Like

Re: Rape: Nigeria Senate Seeks Death Penalty For Rapists by Od1n: 6:44am On Dec 12, 2019
Xisnin:

Who are those who raise false allegations?
How do you know it is false allegation?
How many people are convicted of rape each year?
We know Cynthia "Cynner" The False accuser of twitter. Everyone believed her and were ready to ruin the guy's career, only to her to get secretly recorded admitting she lied so her girlfriend wouldn't know she cheated on her. Aunty is a lesbian. So yes, False accusation is a problem
Re: Rape: Nigeria Senate Seeks Death Penalty For Rapists by Od1n: 6:50am On Dec 12, 2019
janettee:

We are talking about Nigeria not the US!.
I personally don't think 'false rape accusation' is a thing in Nigeria. I'm sorry about that 'someone' who was falsely accused.

This has nothing to do with emotions or logic. Daily, there are cases of rape in Nigeria especially ones involving minors.

But false rape accusations are hardly ever seen, why is that so?.

I haven't heard/seen someone go to jail cause they were falsely accused of rape, I mean real rapists are hardly convicted in Nigeria.
Convict and kill rapists. Convict and kill false accusers too. Why do you have a problem with that? Are you a false rape accuser?
Re: Rape: Nigeria Senate Seeks Death Penalty For Rapists by Xisnin(m): 11:47am On Dec 12, 2019
Od1n:

We know Cynthia "Cynner" The False accuser of twitter. Everyone believed her and were ready to ruin the guy's career, only to her to get secretly recorded admitting she lied so her girlfriend wouldn't know she cheated on her. Aunty is a lesbian. So yes, False accusation is a problem
Of course you know Cythia.
The funny thing about you guys is that you accept imperfection in case of armed robbery, kidnapping
and murder.
I have never seen one of you, just one complain about false accusations when people are discharged from
serious crimes that may cost them their lives or spend their entire life in prison.
It seems you understood those to be collateral damage.

What you do is look at news and check "Is a woman involved?"
If no, you move on.

But if yes, you start shouting they want to ruin his life, she is a liar.

I challenge you once again to give me the number of rapists convicted in Nigeria per year.
Don't deflect the question.

Also, I challenge you to name just one Nigeria man whose life was ruined because of false accusations.
Note that false accusation is not the absence of evidence or what you feel happened. I mean just one case of positively proven false accusation that ruined a Nigerian man's life.

I will wait while you search.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Azuka Azinge Connived With Enelamah To Grant ‘illegal Waivers' To Polaris Bank / Tinubu, Obi, Atiku Absent As Supreme Court Decides / Security Agents Demolish Makoko Waterfront Slum In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.