Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,143 members, 7,953,525 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 06:04 PM

Governor Makinde Bans Collection Of Illegal Fees In Oyo Schools - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Makinde Bans Collection Of Illegal Fees In Oyo Schools (10527 Views)

NPA Helpless As Warri Indigenes Kill Delta Ports With N4,000 Illegal Fees / Seun Fakorede: Governor Makinde Nominates 27-Year-Old As Commissioner (Photo) / Governor Seyi Makinde Cancels Midterm Break In Oyo Schools (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governor Makinde Bans Collection Of Illegal Fees In Oyo Schools by DBossNG(m): 6:19pm On Jul 09, 2019
grin
Re: Governor Makinde Bans Collection Of Illegal Fees In Oyo Schools by thesicilian: 6:20pm On Jul 09, 2019
Banning is one thing, enforcement of the ban is another.
Re: Governor Makinde Bans Collection Of Illegal Fees In Oyo Schools by Globalistic(f): 6:26pm On Jul 09, 2019
This Governor get No. 6 wella
Re: Governor Makinde Bans Collection Of Illegal Fees In Oyo Schools by Odetokun3(m): 7:01pm On Jul 09, 2019
He keeps banning everything and he is not making provision for alternatives.

Some schools no get chalk self and examination paper never show from State capital.
Re: Governor Makinde Bans Collection Of Illegal Fees In Oyo Schools by Olusholasimon(m): 7:46pm On Jul 09, 2019
Nice one Uncle Seyi!
Re: Governor Makinde Bans Collection Of Illegal Fees In Oyo Schools by Olusholasimon(m): 7:46pm On Jul 09, 2019
Odetokun3:
He keeps banning everything and he is not making provision for alternatives.

Some schools no get chalk self and examination paper never show from State capital.
What are the alternatives for what ur banned please ??
Re: Governor Makinde Bans Collection Of Illegal Fees In Oyo Schools by Odetokun3(m): 7:59pm On Jul 09, 2019
Olusholasimon:

What are the alternatives for what ur banned please ??

Regular supply of needed materials to the schools like chalks, duster and stationary

Furnitures and building for those affected, like chairs, tables, staff rooms, classrooms

More teaching staff in areas where there is shortage so that those PTA staff that will be redundant since no payment is received will be replaced with new teaching staff.

Provision of more securities to schools.

And urgently the exam question papers coz currently, I learnt and I know their exam papers are coming from Ibadan straight and Ibadan do collect a particular fee on every students as exam fee.

Shey u understand?

1 Like

Re: Governor Makinde Bans Collection Of Illegal Fees In Oyo Schools by hargbolahan01: 8:02pm On Jul 09, 2019
Odetokun3:

Regular supply of needed materials to the schools like chalks, duster and stationary

Furnitures and building for those affected, like chairs, tables, staff rooms, classrooms

More teaching staff in areas where there is shortage so that those PTA staff that will be redundant since no payment is received will be replaced with new teaching staff.

And urgently the exam question papers coz currently, I learnt and I know their exam papers are coming from Ibadan straight and Ibadan do collect a particular fee on every students as exam fee.

Shey u understand?
u are right but don't forget the guy is just following the budget he met and never made his own

1 Like

Re: Governor Makinde Bans Collection Of Illegal Fees In Oyo Schools by Olusholasimon(m): 8:23pm On Jul 09, 2019
Odetokun3:

Shey u understand?
Just 30days in office abi ??
I hope you know that new bill hasn't been passed accurately, his action was one of the promises he made while he was campaigning & he has done so.
Relax sir, he will do the needful at the appointed time sir.

1 Like

Re: Governor Makinde Bans Collection Of Illegal Fees In Oyo Schools by Olusholasimon(m): 8:24pm On Jul 09, 2019
hargbolahan01:
u are right but don't forget the guy is just following the budget he met and never made his own

God bless you sir, barely 40days in office sef
Re: Governor Makinde Bans Collection Of Illegal Fees In Oyo Schools by Samuelabbey15(m): 8:24pm On Jul 09, 2019
Must you comment at all.. I think your brain is under construction...
Fadomero:
Create jobs and good amenities not trash banning of shit
Re: Governor Makinde Bans Collection Of Illegal Fees In Oyo Schools by Xclusivedaniel6(m): 8:43pm On Jul 09, 2019
Fadomero:
Create jobs and good amenities not trash banning of shit

Rome was not built in a day
Re: Governor Makinde Bans Collection Of Illegal Fees In Oyo Schools by delpee(f): 9:11pm On Jul 09, 2019
How will the PTA teachers be paid? Perhaps more teachers have been recruited. I hope he’s aware that some schools lack key subject teachers.

Free education is desirable but good planning is necessary to attain good results.
Re: Governor Makinde Bans Collection Of Illegal Fees In Oyo Schools by Odetokun3(m): 9:24pm On Jul 09, 2019
Olusholasimon:

I hope you know that new bill hasn't been passed accurately, his action was one of the promises he made while he was campaigning & he has done so.

Not a matter of relax or not relax.

SO the students should relax in class without chalk and relax in class without examination papers?

Thats not a capital expenditure and it is timed now.

I am not saying he didnt promise but move closer to headmasters and principals and you will see the fact that there is still a little need to try all means to collect small money from the students even if it is temporary till everything will balance.

talking from fact and consultations, some schools has collected the 200 naira exam fee and has forwarded per student head to state capital for exam questions. no chalks right now! are they going to fold hands?

its not about the headmasters and principals but the government should pls act fast and face the decision making authorities.

Its not about declaring only on media but act and act very fast

did you still get my point?
Re: Governor Makinde Bans Collection Of Illegal Fees In Oyo Schools by Odetokun3(m): 9:27pm On Jul 09, 2019
Olusholasimon:

and mind you sir!

Kwara state also transisted from one party to another and he is acting largely in the same margin of 30 - 40 days you claimed. to whom much is given, much is expected!
Re: Governor Makinde Bans Collection Of Illegal Fees In Oyo Schools by 1759ademola(m): 9:37pm On Jul 09, 2019
Just recently, during the last -WAEC exams, students of T.L. Oyesina model School along Olodo road, Ibadan, were delayed entry for exams for at least 30 minutes because of these illegal fees.
I doubt if the students there would pass and it's caused by the greedy teachers and a carefree govt.
Re: Governor Makinde Bans Collection Of Illegal Fees In Oyo Schools by Olusholasimon(m): 2:20pm On Jul 15, 2019
Odetokun3:

Not a matter of relax or not relax.

SO the students should relax in class without chalk and relax in class without examination papers?

Thats not a capital expenditure and it is timed now.

I am not saying he didnt promise but move closer to headmasters and principals and you will see the fact that there is still a little need to try all means to collect small money from the students even if it is temporary till everything will balance.

talking from fact and consultations, some schools has collected the 200 naira exam fee and has forwarded per student head to state capital for exam questions. no chalks right now! are they going to fold hands?

its not about the headmasters and principals but the government should pls act fast and face the decision making authorities.

Its not about declaring only on media but act and act very fast

did you still get my point?
I understand you but we shouldn't forget that two wrongs don't make a right.
We can't continue the wrong pathway and expect the right response.
Let's still give it time
Re: Governor Makinde Bans Collection Of Illegal Fees In Oyo Schools by Olusholasimon(m): 2:22pm On Jul 15, 2019
Odetokun3:

and mind you sir!

Kwara state also transisted from one party to another and he is acting largely in the same margin of 30 - 40 days you claimed. to whom much is given, much is expected!
Well said but mind you sir, they have different purse and budget too
Re: Governor Makinde Bans Collection Of Illegal Fees In Oyo Schools by Odetokun3(m): 3:05pm On Jul 15, 2019
Olusholasimon:

I understand you but we shouldn't forget that two wrongs don't make a right.
We can't continue the wrong pathway and expect the right response.
Let's still give it time

I don't want to argue with you the more. You let's give it time statement is my problem.

Mind u. The students have paid for exams fee already. Latest development. While u keep giving it time.
Re: Governor Makinde Bans Collection Of Illegal Fees In Oyo Schools by Odetokun3(m): 3:06pm On Jul 15, 2019
Olusholasimon:

Well said but mind you sir, they have different purse and budget too

And who has the highest between the two??
Re: Governor Makinde Bans Collection Of Illegal Fees In Oyo Schools by Olusholasimon(m): 4:27pm On Jul 15, 2019
Odetokun3:

And who has the highest between the two??
I don't know but you can't compare the rate at which oyo state has been misled by the previous administration, it will take a longer period to get those things in order
Re: Governor Makinde Bans Collection Of Illegal Fees In Oyo Schools by Olusholasimon(m): 4:28pm On Jul 15, 2019
[quote author=Odetokun3 post=80291168]

I don't want to argue with you the more. You let's give it time statement is my problem.

Mind u. The students have paid for exams fee already. Latest development. While u keep giving it time. [/quote
Lastly sir, GIVE IT TIME !
Re: Governor Makinde Bans Collection Of Illegal Fees In Oyo Schools by Odetokun3(m): 4:49pm On Jul 15, 2019
Olusholasimon:

I don't know but you can't compare the rate at which oyo state has been misled by the previous administration, it will take a longer period to get those things in order

Kwara was misled the more. We all know. Imagine sunset employment self.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fred Nwabufo: Can We Expunge "Northerner, Southerner" From Nigerian Lexicon? / Port Harcourt Refinery To Complete Test Run This Month / Kayode Fayemi Leads Nigerian Delegation To Australia, September 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.