Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,434 members, 7,826,678 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 06:13 PM

Omoyele Sowore remembers his Friend, Afrika. - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Omoyele Sowore remembers his Friend, Afrika. (40500 Views)

Who Remembers The Name Of This Book? / Sylvester Oromoni's Father Weeps As He Remembers Son's Dream To Become Pilot (vi / Throwback Pics Of Iwilade Afrika, Omoyele Sowore And Lanre Legacy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Omoyele Sowore remembers his Friend, Afrika. by ThierryJay: 3:54pm On Jul 11, 2019
datigbogirl:

Oh you must be my senior, I'm '03.

You were my brother's 1year junior.

You know Senior Labush? Seyi Akintola was expelled. Bro Paul. My elder brother was Linex

Oh my God, more memories, I know all these persons you've mentioned o. What's your elder brother's full/partial name?
Re: Omoyele Sowore remembers his Friend, Afrika. by Nobody: 4:13pm On Jul 11, 2019
ThierryJay:

Hey, I'm not too old na, still in the 32 - 34 age bracket. grin
mean you got admission early. Good one. You still my elder Sha so the greeting stands.
Re: Omoyele Sowore remembers his Friend, Afrika. by Emrixx(f): 4:21pm On Jul 11, 2019
mystical109:
Okpe may ur days be long

Walk minus stumble
Re: Omoyele Sowore remembers his Friend, Afrika. by iCauseTrouble: 5:24pm On Jul 11, 2019
AwkaetitiBabe:
Lol. No wahala
How was your day? Just closed at work
Re: Omoyele Sowore remembers his Friend, Afrika. by Nobody: 5:34pm On Jul 11, 2019
iCauseTrouble:

How was your day? Just closed at work
Day was great. Cool.
Re: Omoyele Sowore remembers his Friend, Afrika. by iCauseTrouble: 5:39pm On Jul 11, 2019
AwkaetitiBabe:
Day was great. Cool.
So whr are you taking me to this weekend?
Re: Omoyele Sowore remembers his Friend, Afrika. by Nobody: 5:42pm On Jul 11, 2019
iCauseTrouble:

So whr are you taking me to this weekend?
I only know shoprite and coldstone
Re: Omoyele Sowore remembers his Friend, Afrika. by iCauseTrouble: 5:44pm On Jul 11, 2019
AwkaetitiBabe:
I only know shoprite and coldstone
Which of the shop rites?
Jabi or Wuse?
Re: Omoyele Sowore remembers his Friend, Afrika. by Nobody: 5:53pm On Jul 11, 2019
iCauseTrouble:

Which of the shop rites?
Jabi or Wuse?
All grin

1 Like

Re: Omoyele Sowore remembers his Friend, Afrika. by iCauseTrouble: 5:54pm On Jul 11, 2019
AwkaetitiBabe:
All grin
Why are you now bringing out your 32?
Re: Omoyele Sowore remembers his Friend, Afrika. by Nobody: 5:58pm On Jul 11, 2019
iCauseTrouble:

Why are you now bringing out your 32?
I've been to all of em naw. Don't start your trouble tongue
Re: Omoyele Sowore remembers his Friend, Afrika. by iCauseTrouble: 6:02pm On Jul 11, 2019
AwkaetitiBabe:
I've been to all of em naw. Don't start your trouble tongue
Hmmm. Mama d mama. Which of the coldstones? Have only been to the one in Gwarimpa.
Re: Omoyele Sowore remembers his Friend, Afrika. by Nobody: 6:07pm On Jul 11, 2019
iCauseTrouble:

Hmmm. Mama d mama. Which of the coldstones? Have only been to the one in Gwarimpa.
OK I've only been to the one in wuse 2 ND gwarimpa
Re: Omoyele Sowore remembers his Friend, Afrika. by iCauseTrouble: 6:09pm On Jul 11, 2019
AwkaetitiBabe:
OK I've only been to the one in wuse 2 ND gwarimpa
Let me know which of them you are going to take me to when you make up your mind
Re: Omoyele Sowore remembers his Friend, Afrika. by Nobody: 6:10pm On Jul 11, 2019
iCauseTrouble:

Let me know which of them you are going to take me to when you make up your mind
Kubwa.
Re: Omoyele Sowore remembers his Friend, Afrika. by iCauseTrouble: 6:13pm On Jul 11, 2019
AwkaetitiBabe:
Kubwa.
Is there any one in Kubwa?
Re: Omoyele Sowore remembers his Friend, Afrika. by Nobody: 6:14pm On Jul 11, 2019
iCauseTrouble:

Is there any one in Kubwa?
Yea. Them full everywhere
Re: Omoyele Sowore remembers his Friend, Afrika. by iCauseTrouble: 6:18pm On Jul 11, 2019
AwkaetitiBabe:
Yea. Them full everywhere
Okay
Re: Omoyele Sowore remembers his Friend, Afrika. by Nobody: 6:23pm On Jul 11, 2019
iCauseTrouble:

Okay
So which u prefer?
Re: Omoyele Sowore remembers his Friend, Afrika. by iCauseTrouble: 6:30pm On Jul 11, 2019
AwkaetitiBabe:
So which u prefer?
Any. Don't have preference
Re: Omoyele Sowore remembers his Friend, Afrika. by Nobody: 6:32pm On Jul 11, 2019
iCauseTrouble:

Any. Don't have preference
ok.no qualms.
Re: Omoyele Sowore remembers his Friend, Afrika. by Tstone1(m): 7:09pm On Jul 11, 2019
OMOTOWO:
then u will know of tuyo death in OSU
OAU not OSU bro..I later modified it.
Re: Omoyele Sowore remembers his Friend, Afrika. by sigmapompe(m): 7:13pm On Jul 11, 2019
[quote author=datigbogirl post=80154159]

O God of creation,
We have come together,
From so many states,
That we may all be blessings,
To the while nation,
From FGCI,
Our almamater.

We pray to God,
To be our guide,
Teach us to live with love & peace,
FGC Ikirun,
Our, almamater.

Great, great, great!
Fellow Students,
Great, great, great!
Our teachers,
Great, great, great!
Our college,
Great, great, great!
Our, almamater!!!

Went on to graduate from the same Great university Afrika was killed.

Of the Greatest Gbogbo!!! Of the Greatest Ife!!!

Too much greatness in just just one individual wink
Re: Omoyele Sowore remembers his Friend, Afrika. by sigmapompe(m): 7:38pm On Jul 11, 2019
[quote author=sigmapompe post=80170994][/quote]
grin that anthem was a bang grin
Re: Omoyele Sowore remembers his Friend, Afrika. by Fourwinds: 9:00pm On Jul 11, 2019
Born2Breed:

Some are doing very well too.
I know of one who always brag about it then to my brothers and he is a politician now.
keep watch on him karma will visit him at his sweetest hour
Re: Omoyele Sowore remembers his Friend, Afrika. by Fourwinds: 9:12pm On Jul 11, 2019
AwkaetitiBabe:
Hhhaaaaahhhaaa. Your head scatter for there. Surely u must b one of Dem Awo boy that love shouting wo wo wo wo when a fine lady passes. Trouble maker
meeennnhhh...Awo hall no be here ooo.... Na we disvirgin ETF Hall... I love the neat environ.... Dem dey call us poultry hall... New buka on my mind
Re: Omoyele Sowore remembers his Friend, Afrika. by Born2Breed(f): 9:17pm On Jul 11, 2019
Fourwinds:
keep watch on him karma will visit him at his sweetest hour

Karma?

Everyone day will come. What will be will be.
Re: Omoyele Sowore remembers his Friend, Afrika. by Nobody: 9:24pm On Jul 11, 2019
Fourwinds:
meeennnhhh...Awo hall no be here ooo.... Na we disvirgin ETF Hall... I love the neat environ.... Dem dey call us poultry hall... New buka on my mind
Lol. New buka on ur mind ke! Abeg u done pass that level
Re: Omoyele Sowore remembers his Friend, Afrika. by Shittabay4nija(m): 9:30pm On Jul 11, 2019
Afrika!! Great guy !!!
I also wish sowore will recall the struggle we made when he left school for us to sustain the tempo le left behind .
Also the last struggle we made for the reinstatement of the post graduate student unions of the university in 2002 great shout out to all the comrades and the electoral committee that install the union then !!!
Big should out to all comrades !!!!
Re: Omoyele Sowore remembers his Friend, Afrika. by teepain: 11:41pm On Jul 11, 2019
feda01:
I was at the kegites world gyration that night, all the way from mother shrine Ibadan, it's was indeed a bad day, rip to all the dead. Yemi Ajiteru a great kegite comrade...Rip

That incidence in comradium inspired the statement "ife '99 awa da. Eni ori yo o dile" It was a sad day! Rest on 'Africa'. Respect to archivarian world chief "Dexter".
Re: Omoyele Sowore remembers his Friend, Afrika. by OkikiOluwa1(m): 11:49pm On Jul 11, 2019
osemoses69:
2 and you de put mouth for men matter
savage human. u were once a kid wen some events happened. don't scold d young dude
Re: Omoyele Sowore remembers his Friend, Afrika. by hausadreturn(m): 2:52am On Jul 12, 2019
My 2 cousins were in Ife at the time. The junior was still telling me about it recently. He was in 100L BcH, and has just returned to a night class in Angola when it happened. He said Afrika's brother is a lawyer, and that he recently saw him at Onitsha with a lawyer friend.

It was unfortunate. His death helped to stop cultism totally, to the extent that you could walk freely without fear, and at any time on campus.
For someone like me, wey dey like waka waka for night, it wasn't a problem going from Awo to Agric or EDm around 2am, looking for fast WIFi internet. It was as safe as. And for that, I personally feel grateful. It's a shame it had to come with a heavy price. It also meant that students no come dey take ear hear anything cultism. Anyone wey dem catch, even if na suspect, na black and blue beating.

And for someone that lived in UNN at a time when cultism was rife, walking freely at night on the campus of UNN in those days (I can't say about now), was incomparable. It was scary and unsafe.
I still remember that cultists killed the CSO of UNN at the time, and the Dean of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Prof. Okide, who was from my hometown. Oh, boy, UNN was mad in those years. You know what it means for cultists to kill a lecturer; a prof.; a dean. Oh, my.

It is well.
Rest on, Afrika and the slain. You'll never be forgotten.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Canadian Province, British Columbia Announces Two-Year Ban On Nigerians, Others / US After School Satan Club Up For Vote At Elementary School (Pix) / Historic Ocheja Hostel At Kogi State University, Anyigba, Now A Toilet Ground

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.