Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,119 members, 7,818,337 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:09 PM

Adam And Eve Couldn't Have Sinned If They Had No Knowledge Of Good And Evil. - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Adam And Eve Couldn't Have Sinned If They Had No Knowledge Of Good And Evil. (3652 Views)

Have You Sinned If You Looked Lustfully At The Opposite Sex? / What Has Your Faith Got You That You Couldn't Have Gotten Through Secular Means? / Chris Oyakhilome: Don't Vote Candidate With No Knowledge Of Business Or Economy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adam And Eve Couldn't Have Sinned If They Had No Knowledge Of Good And Evil. by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:39am On Dec 11, 2023
tctrills:

Yes, that's why we don't stop warning. Would you warn your child just once and believe he should be able to govern himself.
It is clear you have never heard kids of your own.
Now let me give you an example.
When growing up, we had this busy road in front of our house.
My dad for days and days kept telling us the same thing. Kept teaching us how to safely cross the road.
Why didn't he just tell us once and expect us to know. That's not how parenting works. You have no point. My 3 years old child doesn't know right from wrong.

Guy Adam and Eve were PERFECT their memory card is well over whatever you can imagine unlike your IMPERFECT little child that may forget what you told him.

For your information God didn't tell Eve directly it was Adam who passed on the warning to her that's why Satan targeted Eve yet she still quote God as if she was present when the warning was given to Adam.

So the argument that they don't know what is GOOD and BAD literally speaking is out of it they know therefore what we read there has spiritual meaning not just literal as most readers think! smiley

1 Like

Re: Adam And Eve Couldn't Have Sinned If They Had No Knowledge Of Good And Evil. by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:41am On Dec 11, 2023
tctrills:

Oga you are grabbing at straws. Which signature are you talking about?

Maximus's Side wink

1 Like

Re: Adam And Eve Couldn't Have Sinned If They Had No Knowledge Of Good And Evil. by Kobojunkiee: 8:41am On Dec 11, 2023
tctrills:
Please explain your understanding of the verse. It's one thing to respond and it's another thing to explain the verse.
The verse does not in fact state that Adam and Eve had no knowledge of good and evil as you formerly claimed. This can't be true because in Genesis 2, God is revealed to have given Adam( Eve included) His Law which defines for them what is good and what is evil --- God's Law is the definition of that which is disobedience(sin/evil) and that which is obedience. undecided

Rather, what the verse hints at is that after eating the fruit in disobedience(sin) , Adam and Eve had acquired knowledge of good and evil( Law) on par with that which God (and His audience) alone were previously privvy to. Most likely be way of a receiving details of a different Law from the one they had originally been subject to, of course without God's permission. undecided
Re: Adam And Eve Couldn't Have Sinned If They Had No Knowledge Of Good And Evil. by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:42am On Dec 11, 2023
tctrills:

You have a big problem. You need to stop acting like a child. You came to this thread to checkmate me and I am ok with that. I am a big boy. And I honestly love doing this with you
If you feel that I am being too hard on you, let me know so I can take it easy with you.

You're an hypocrite that's what you should take if you want to continue chatting with me and as for the post with my signature it's evident that you haven't known me because most people on this forum already know that it's my former account on Nairaland! wink

1 Like

Re: Adam And Eve Couldn't Have Sinned If They Had No Knowledge Of Good And Evil. by tctrills: 8:44am On Dec 11, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Guy Adam and Eve were PERFECT their memory card is well over whatever you can imagine unlike your IMPERFECT little child that may forget what you told him.
You know nothing about Adam and Eve except what was revealed and it was revealed that they did not know good and evil

For your information God didn't tell Eve directly it was Adam who passed on the warning to her that's why Satan targeted Eve yet she still quote God as if she was present when the warning was given to Adam.
It doesn't matter who God told what is your point about who God told.

So the argument that they don't know what is GOOD and BAD literally speaking is out of it they know therefore what we read there has spiritual meaning not just literal as most readers think! smiley

You are creating problems for yourself by not accepting the word of God. God unlike you is not a confusionist. Again, good and evil are spiritual enough.
Good and evil don't have other meanings.
Re: Adam And Eve Couldn't Have Sinned If They Had No Knowledge Of Good And Evil. by tctrills: 8:47am On Dec 11, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

You're an hypocrite that's what you should take if you want to continue chatting with me and as for the post with my signature it's evident that you haven't known me because most people on this forum already know that it's my former account on Nairaland! wink
Now you are confessing you have double accounts. Do you know it's against the rules of the forum.
You seem to be a very dubious character. Why would you need to operate with 2 accounts. There is something very spooky about you. And yes I never you had multiple accounts.

1 Like

Re: Adam And Eve Couldn't Have Sinned If They Had No Knowledge Of Good And Evil. by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:49am On Dec 11, 2023
tctrills:
[/b]
You are creating problems for yourself by not accepting the word of God. God unlike you is not a confusionist. Again, good and evil are spiritual enough. Good and evil don't have other meanings.

That's your own understanding shey?

Oya go out there and use it to teach anyone who is ready to learn from you, as for me and my global family we know that Adam and Eve knew what is GOOD and BAD literally speaking that's why our God punished them otherwise there's no justification for such heavy punishment if they don't know what they did is BAD. wink

1 Like

Re: Adam And Eve Couldn't Have Sinned If They Had No Knowledge Of Good And Evil. by tctrills: 8:50am On Dec 11, 2023
Kobojunkiee:
The verse does not in fact state that Adam and Eve had no knowledge of good and evil as you formerly claimed. This can't be true because in Genesis 2, God is revealed to have given Adam( Eve included) His Law which defines for them what is good and what is evil --- God's Law is the definition of that which is disobedience(sin/evil) and that which is obedience. undecided

Rather, what the verse hints at is that after eating the fruit in disobedience(sin) , Adam and Eve had acquired knowledge of good and evil( Law) on par with that which God (and His audience) alone were previously privvy to. Most likely be way of a receiving details of a different Law from the one they had originally been subject to, of course without God's permission. undecided

Now you clearly need your English teacher. The verse in no way was comparing the level of their knowledge to that of God it only stated that they now have the knowledge of Good and evil.
We shouldn't be having the argument on the religion forum we should be discussing this on the education forum because it's an English problem that you have.
Re: Adam And Eve Couldn't Have Sinned If They Had No Knowledge Of Good And Evil. by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:52am On Dec 11, 2023
tctrills:

Now you are confessing you have double accounts. Do you know it's against the rules of the forum.
You seem to be a very dubious character. Why would you need to operate with 2 accounts. There is something very spooky about you. And yes I never you had multiple accounts.
Funny hypocrite! cheesy

So having multiple accounts on Nairaland is a rule from God or the moderators?

Guy you can't set standards for me so stick to your hypocrisy if you can't be liberal with everyone! wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Adam And Eve Couldn't Have Sinned If They Had No Knowledge Of Good And Evil. by tctrills: 8:54am On Dec 11, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

That's your own understanding shey?
The bible stated that they did not have the knowledge of good and evil so this has nothing to do with me

Oya go out there and use it to teach anyone who is ready to learn from you, as for me and my global family we know that Adam and Eve knew what is GOOD and BAD literally speaking that's why our God punished them otherwise there's no justification for such heavy punishment if they don't know what they did is BAD. wink

What you are you family know is false made up guesswork. No single verse in the bible says that Adam and Eve had knowledge of good and evil so where are you and your family getting your falsehoods from.

When I punish my baby, it's not because he knows good and bad, it's because I want him to learn
Re: Adam And Eve Couldn't Have Sinned If They Had No Knowledge Of Good And Evil. by Kobojunkiee: 8:54am On Dec 11, 2023
tctrills:
Now you clearly need your English teacher. The verse in no way was comparing the level of their knowledge to that of God it only stated that they now have the knowledge of Good and evil.
We shouldn't be having the argument on the religion forum we should be discussing this on the education forum because it's an English problem that you have.
Again, The important thing here is the verse says absolutely nothing of what you claimed. undecided

You agreeing or not agreeing with everything else I said is another issue entirely and really doesn't matter. undecided
Re: Adam And Eve Couldn't Have Sinned If They Had No Knowledge Of Good And Evil. by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:59am On Dec 11, 2023
tctrills:
[/b]
The bible stated that they did not have the knowledge of good and evil so this has nothing to do with me
That's why i said you should go out there and make use of your understanding to preach as Jesus commanded no wahala! grin
tctrills:

What you are you family know is false made up guesswork. No single verse in the bible says that Adam and Eve had knowledge of good and evil so where are you and your family getting your falsehoods from.
When I punish my baby, it's not because he knows good and bad, it's because I want him to learn
You just like to worry yourself over nothing!

Go out there and use your understanding of the scriptures to make disciples for your God we are doing our own and we're OK with the understanding that Adam and Eve do know what is GOOD and BAD literally speaking.
We aren't forcing our understanding on you so make use of what you think you know.
Period! cheesy
Re: Adam And Eve Couldn't Have Sinned If They Had No Knowledge Of Good And Evil. by tctrills: 8:59am On Dec 11, 2023
Kobojunkiee:
Again, The important thing here is the verse says absolutely nothing of what you claimed. undecided

You agreeing or not agreeing with everything else I said is another issue entirely and really doesn't matter. undecided
As I said this is no longer a scripture problem but an English issue.
You have problems with your comprehending.
Now let's break it down so you may understand.
Phase 1.
Behold, the man is become as one of us. Question, in what way had man become like God?
Phase 2.
to know good and evil
So what made man become like God? Knowing good and evil.
It doesn't get easier than this.
Don't complicate your life.

1 Like

Re: Adam And Eve Couldn't Have Sinned If They Had No Knowledge Of Good And Evil. by tctrills: 9:02am On Dec 11, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

That's why i said you should go out there and make use of your understanding to preach as Jesus commanded no wahala! grin

You just like to worry yourself over nothing!

Go out there and use your understanding of the scriptures to make disciples for your God we are doing our own and we're OK with the understanding that Adam and Eve do know what is GOOD and BAD literally speaking.
We aren't forcing our understanding on you so make use of what you think you know.
Period! cheesy
Now this is out of the topic.
God has explained himself but you wake up to create new meanings to his words. Meanings that are not scriptural and then you come out here to argue them with no evidence.
You believe I am wrong yet you can't point to any scripture that is in line with what you say.
That's not how it works.
Does any verse in the bible state that good and evil has a different spiritual meaning?
Re: Adam And Eve Couldn't Have Sinned If They Had No Knowledge Of Good And Evil. by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:07am On Dec 11, 2023
tctrills:

That's not how it WORKS.
Present the WORKS of your faith nah! James 2:18-26
I have told you times without number that the Bible book of Isaiah 2:2-4; Micah 4:1-3 is what we are working to achieve in our gathering and so far so good over 8 million people from different geographical locations on this planet have been putting it to good use in fact if 80% of the world's population are members of my organization wars will cease globally and food will be abundant everywhere.
So present the WORKS of your own faith instead of worrying yourself about my own! wink
Re: Adam And Eve Couldn't Have Sinned If They Had No Knowledge Of Good And Evil. by cornelboy(f): 9:09am On Dec 11, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

If someone doesn't know what is bad there's no justification for punishment that's common sense.
Ticket for driving on one-way totally differs from this because the people issuing ticket only want to generate revenue for their rulers under normal circumstances what should be done is a signpost indicating that's a one-way without such a signpost it wrong to punish anyone driving along such a road.
God has given Adam and Eve a warning not to eat from that tree so they already know it's BAD to do so! wink
Is his three year old kid same as Adam lol?
Re: Adam And Eve Couldn't Have Sinned If They Had No Knowledge Of Good And Evil. by tctrills: 9:10am On Dec 11, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Present the WORKS of your faith nah! James 2:18-26
I have told you times without number that the Bible book of Isaiah 2:2-4; Micah 4:1-3 is what we are working to achieve in our gathering and so far so good over 8 million people from different geographical locations on this planet have been putting it to good use in fact if 80% of the world's population are members of my organization wars will cease globally and food will be abundant everywhere.
So present the WORKS of your own faith instead of worrying yourself about my own! wink
As usual you run away from topic.
If you can create new meanings for good and evil then it's not above you to read false meanings to Isaiah 2:2-4; Micah 4:1-3
These verses were not about a false organization.
Re: Adam And Eve Couldn't Have Sinned If They Had No Knowledge Of Good And Evil. by cornelboy(f): 9:12am On Dec 11, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

COMMON SENSE!

If they don't know what is GOOD and BAD literally speaking there is no justification for their punishment.

Do you now see how stupid it will sound when you're punishing someone when he or she doesn't even know what he did wrong? cheesy
Common sense is not common for some people.
He's just here to argue meaninglessly.
Re: Adam And Eve Couldn't Have Sinned If They Had No Knowledge Of Good And Evil. by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:29am On Dec 11, 2023
tctrills:

As usual you run away from topic.
If you can create new meanings for good and evil then it's not above you to read false meanings to Isaiah 2:2-4; Micah 4:1-3
These verses were not about a false organization.

There's no reason to continue arguing on words {2Corinthians 3:6 } that you can't apply for others to learn {1Timothy 6:4} people who have learned how to apply what they're learning formed an organization {Isaiah 2:2-4} i know it's killing you but take heart that's what it means to have accurate knowledge of God's {Romans 10:2-3} word not just reading without understanding! 2Timothy 3:7 wink
Re: Adam And Eve Couldn't Have Sinned If They Had No Knowledge Of Good And Evil. by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:32am On Dec 11, 2023
cornelboy:

Common sense is not common for some people. He's just here to argue meaninglessly.
I'm not bothered about his unreasonableness but if he wants to quote me he shouldn't just quote to argue there must be people applying what he wants to say we can all learn from the practical application not just arguing when each person has his or her own opinion without any practical application for others to see! Matthew 5:14:16 wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Adam And Eve Couldn't Have Sinned If They Had No Knowledge Of Good And Evil. by tctrills: 9:44am On Dec 11, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

There's no reason to continue arguing on words {2Corinthians 3:6 } that you can't apply for others to learn {1Timothy 6:4} people who have learned how to apply what they're learning formed an organization {Isaiah 2:2-4} i know it's killing you but take heart that's what it means to have accurate knowledge of God's {Romans 10:2-3} word not just reading without understanding! 2Timothy 3:7 wink

You are a funny guy. You came here to talk about Adam and Eve but the moment I show you the foolishness in your believes you start to deflect.

Now I have asked you to present a verse that says Adam and Eve had knowledge of good and evil you qouted about 5 passages but none about the topic.
Doesn't this tell you that something is wrong with your believes.
I can tell that you are not an idiot, you are a bit intelligent so don't pretend you don't see that your position is not scriptural.
I understand you feel more comfortable when we deflect from the issues and make it personal and emotional but we are both men.
Let's stick to issues.
Let's stick to what the bible says about Adam and Eve and not what the JW says.
Re: Adam And Eve Couldn't Have Sinned If They Had No Knowledge Of Good And Evil. by tctrills: 9:48am On Dec 11, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Secondly let me give you a personal advice. Please delete your multiple accounts and keep just one.
It's ok if you keep to the rules and stop confusing us with your multiple personalities.
You are here to market your organization, having multiple forum accounts is very dubious. You don't want to be a dubious character.
Re: Adam And Eve Couldn't Have Sinned If They Had No Knowledge Of Good And Evil. by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:53am On Dec 11, 2023
tctrills:

You are a funny guy. You came here to talk about Adam and Eve but the moment I show you the foolishness in your believes you start to deflect.

Jesus said to his disciples:

“You are the light of the world. A city cannot be hid when located on a mountain. People light a lamp and set it, not under a basket, but on the lampstand, and it shines on all those in the house. Likewise, let your light shine before men, so that they may see your fine works and give glory to your Father who is in the heavens" Matthew 5:14-16

If you can't present any group of people who are fulfilling this prophecy today your argument makes no sense.
Are you saying Jesus is talking about individuals found in different religions or one organization that people globally can learn from?

So FOOLISHNESS starts when you're quoting words but can't present an ORGANIZED people applying what you're saying. If your understanding is that Adam and Eve knows GOOD and BAD literally speaking then what exactly is the reason for their punishment?

Ọmọ you're not intelligent to that level that's why most of you turn to atheism later when you can't convince atheists that the book makes sense.

Someone doesn't know what is GOOD and BAD yet he is being punished greatly for doing what is WRONG.
How does that even sound to you? cheesy
Re: Adam And Eve Couldn't Have Sinned If They Had No Knowledge Of Good And Evil. by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:54am On Dec 11, 2023
tctrills:

Secondly let me give you a personal advice. Please delete your multiple accounts and keep just one.It's ok if you keep to the rules and stop confusing us with your multiple personalities.You are here to market your organization, having multiple forum accounts is very dubious. You don't want to be a dubious character.

Ọmọ that's your own personal opinion about me so keep it to yourself! grin
Re: Adam And Eve Couldn't Have Sinned If They Had No Knowledge Of Good And Evil. by tctrills: 10:43am On Dec 11, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Ọmọ that's your own personal opinion about me so keep it to yourself! grin
It's not an opinion. It's clearly written in the Nairaland policy.
Re: Adam And Eve Couldn't Have Sinned If They Had No Knowledge Of Good And Evil. by tctrills: 10:46am On Dec 11, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Jesus said to his disciples:

“You are the light of the world. A city cannot be hid when located on a mountain. People light a lamp and set it, not under a basket, but on the lampstand, and it shines on all those in the house. Likewise, let your light shine before men, so that they may see your fine works and give glory to your Father who is in the heavens" Matthew 5:14-16

If you can't present any group of people who are fulfilling this prophecy today your argument makes no sense.
Are you saying Jesus is talking about individuals found in different religions or one organization that people globally can learn from?

So FOOLISHNESS starts when you're quoting words but can't present an ORGANIZED people applying what you're saying. If your understanding is that Adam and Eve knows GOOD and BAD literally speaking then what exactly is the reason for their punishment?

Ọmọ you're not intelligent to that level that's why most of you turn to atheism later when you can't convince atheists that the book makes sense.

Someone doesn't know what is GOOD and BAD yet he is being punished greatly for doing what is WRONG.
How does that even sound to you? cheesy
So not you agree that Jesus called his disciples the light of the world.
Now Jesus Christ did not tell his disciples to present an organization when preaching the gospel.
They were to preach Christ not JW grin grin grin grin grin grin.
We are the light not JW. Hope you get it now
Re: Adam And Eve Couldn't Have Sinned If They Had No Knowledge Of Good And Evil. by Aemmyjah(m): 12:06pm On Dec 11, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

The bible said they did not know good and evil. But they knew obedience and disobedience which is why God only charged them to Court for disobedience.

Why then did Eve told the serpent that God said they should not even touch the fruit else they would die

Why did they go and hide hearing God was coming?

Is disobedience not an evil thing?
Sometimes you Really need to think twice
Re: Adam And Eve Couldn't Have Sinned If They Had No Knowledge Of Good And Evil. by Aemmyjah(m): 12:07pm On Dec 11, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

That's how confused most of them are yet they want to argue. If their God and Father said they should not eat and they decided to eat from the viewpoint of tctrills they don't even know that such action is BAD.

Sometimes i wonder how most people do think yet he will beat up his own child for disobeying him claiming what the child did is BAD! cheesy

That guy is not worth your time
Lwt him argue blindly
Re: Adam And Eve Couldn't Have Sinned If They Had No Knowledge Of Good And Evil. by Aemmyjah(m): 12:07pm On Dec 11, 2023
tctrills:

Yes, according to the bible.

And God punished them for doing what they did not know?
Re: Adam And Eve Couldn't Have Sinned If They Had No Knowledge Of Good And Evil. by tctrills: 12:16pm On Dec 11, 2023
Aemmyjah:

And God punished them for doing what they did not know?
Good point but isn't that how we all learn.
As kids we don't know right and wrong but our parents punish us when we ignore their teachings.
My 3 years old son hit his friend and refused to apologize so I got him to stay in his room. I know he is too young to understand but the punishment would help him to learn.
Re: Adam And Eve Couldn't Have Sinned If They Had No Knowledge Of Good And Evil. by tctrills: 12:17pm On Dec 11, 2023
Aemmyjah:

That guy is not worth your time
Lwt him argue blindly
Team MaxinDHouse.
Re: Adam And Eve Couldn't Have Sinned If They Had No Knowledge Of Good And Evil. by Dtruthspeaker: 12:22pm On Dec 11, 2023
Aemmyjah:

Why then did Eve told the serpent that God said they should not even touch the fruit else they would die

Don't emphasize touch. She was not charged for touching.

So that was her simply giving Satan the answer to his probe.

Aemmyjah:

Why did they go and hide hearing God was coming?

Off Point! This was after they now knew "knowing good and evil".

Aemmyjah:

Is disobedience not an evil thing?
Sometimes you Really need to think twice

If you had thought well you would know not to ask me for I was born into the knowing of good and evil world and not their first world where they did not know good or evil. So nothing for you here.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Pray For Rufai Oseni Of Arise TV / The Truth Most Christians Dont Know / Do Real Miracles Still Happen In Nigerian Churches Today?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.