Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,656 members, 7,809,482 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:22 AM

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Woman Was Not God's Original Idea (video) - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Woman Was Not God's Original Idea (video) (35484 Views)

The Road That Leads To Pastor Chris Oyakhilome's Hometown In Edo (Photos) / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Gets Jet Plane Gift From Loveworld Music & Arts Group (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Woman Was Not God's Original Idea (video) by Maestro21: 5:14pm On Jul 14, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
You are still bent on embarrassing yourself further by taking delight in being an ignoranus, hmm? I guess you're a glutton for embarrassment, erhn? Oyaks, is a pastor preaching to himself. Preaching sermons in codes, about himself and whats going down in his marital life. The shoe has being pinching his toes sotay, long time, before it got taken off

All men are created equal, then a few become glorified firemen, like Maestro21 putting out fire for Oyakhilome

Maestro21, have you finished reading the voice of reason from peteonline above, hmm?

positivelord, you know I tried but the truth is a bitter pill for some people like Maestro21 to swallow. Maestro21, peele, ndo. Or is it too late now to say sorry?

You really are serious about this going about desperately scraping the bottom of the barrel business sha

"In that day,” declares the LORD, “you will call Me ‘my husband,’ (i.e. Ishi) and no longer call Me ‘my Master’ (i.e. Baali)."
- Hosea 2:16

"And it shall be at that day, saith the LORD, that thou shalt call me Ishi; and shalt call me no more Baali."
- Hosea 2:16 KJV

Hosea 2:16, clearly makes a distinction between husband and master, where incidentally master, means lord as in owner, just as I earlier pointed out about Sarah and Abigail.

Abigail, a badass strong, successful, powerful and intelligent virtuous woman, at 1 Samuel 25:41, in a token of humility, responded to David's proposal of marriage, and replied back saying: "Behold, let thine handmaid be a servant to wash the feet of the servants of my lord." Abigail, the badass strong, successful, powerful and intelligent virtuous woman, without compulsion, without psychological preaching tactics games or gimmick, brought herself down and small before David, as if she is an insignificant person, then saying to him, she wants to take care of David's servants and then referred David, as her lord.

Many years before Abigail, used it, lord is the same adjective, Sarah, used for her husband Abraham too. Lord, is the same word we get landlord from, which means the owner of a house, apartment, condominium, land or real estate which is rented. Sarah and Abigail, were merely recognising that their husbands are their owners, just as they are equally, the owners of their husbands.

If he truly was right, why does Hosea 2:16, clearly make a distinction between husband and master, hmm?

Blind loyalty, is such an interesting term and you dont cease to amaze me with your blind loyalty to Oyaks to the extent of defending his false teachings and heresies.

You say that an Omniscient God, an all knowing God, a God knowing everything, had an epiphany, hmm Maestro21? Chai! You no go keel pesin with profane talk with matter wey boku for ground already, come join am put with this your blasphemy. Maestro21, please brush up on Isaiah 46:10a, to get rid of your tooth truth decay

Please tell Maestro21, when God created Adam with a peniis, was Adam meant to fairk himself to procreate ni, hmm? I think you must be a sheeple. SMH. I just wish you use those little grey matter of yours better and properly because this thing about you, just dey tire me.

You are still bent on repeating this garbage that women were an afterthought, after being told it is a right load of old codswallop, hmm?

Oyakhilome is advocating elitism. Suck it up

In his teaching Oyaks is looking for a yes-woman, a weak person wife, who always will agree with the president and founder of Christ Embassy church, Chris Oyakhilome, the superior at work and master at home.

Listen Maestro21, man and woman, might have different roles to play and its true their roles might be different, but their rights are equal.

Of course, the man is the head, no one is disputing that, but the woman is the neck too, and she, as the neck, can turn the head whichever way she pleases. Maestro21, man doesnt need to or have to demand submissiveness of his wife, because this has to come naturally by the woman's own volition and not by hook or by crook methods, like the ones preached by the president and founder of Christ Embassy church, Chris Oyakhilome.

Maestro21, if you let your head get too big, it'll break your neck and he who waits for the sword to fall upon his neck, will surely lose his head. This is why its advised to cover and protect our wives. Husbands, are to love their wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave Himself up for her.

Unlike Oyaks and probably you too Maestro21 included, everyone knows that when a husband puts his foot down on the neck, he develops a stiff neck, that will likely drive him insane. When a husband breaks the neck, he eats no more. Husbands should try neck kisses, as nobody is immune to the neck kiss, but oohh no, Oyaks is too spiritual for that

What is the bible chapter and verse reference to this improbable concoction you've made up please? Thank you.

My problem with some of you is that you want to understand something but will not ask humbly. You will ask irrelevant questions hoping the other person sees you as learned whilst helping you understand what you clearly are bereft of. For e.g, the same omniscient God who knows everything turned around in Genesis 6:6 to regret making man. So how does someone who knows everything still turn around to regret something he knew would happen? Or how did he give Adam instructions concerning the garden when Eve was clearly not created knowing full well that the same Eve will listen to the devil, cause Adam to disobey and lead to troubles?

It is clear to even a blind man, that Eve was created AFTER unlike the other animals that were created the same time for a purpose. To show his original plan and the headship of Adam. That is why the fall did not even happen after she disobeyed God and ate the fruit from the tree of good and evil. It only happened after Adam ate it.

Now that is not to negate the truth that God knows everything. He knew he would send his son to die from the foundation of the world the Bible declares. Yet in the very order of events he presents Jesus coming as an afterthought of Adam's fail. You people should ask for understanding. You lack it...severely.

And BTW, stop quoting and highlighting words from people who don't have a clue about anything. I can ask you to provide just anywhere in scripture that states the man's love should come first and then the woman's submission will follow but I would wait for eternity. Also, once I see any post that made the same grave error you did in thinking that message was close to or after Pastor Anita divorced him, I just stop reading at that point. A lot of ignoramuses think that message is recent yet it is as we speak, 12 years old. For the sake of other people who will read this after, he made those teachings many years before the divorce. I am sure you heard him say things about the woman speaking first when couples are asked questions. So who was he shading there?

You guys are so immature in your conjectures I don't even know how to start or stop laughing.

Now, your question on Hosea 2:16 is very stupid. There is no mincing words. The same word 'ish' was used in many other places to just mean MAN and nothing else. Not husband. Just MAN. And there are instances where the context clearly shows it was husband. The same goes for 'baal'. Baal was used in contexts to mean master and in other contexts to mean husband. So you cannot arrogate to yourself what the word should mean except by the context. In fact, even the Jews use baal or ish to refer to their significant other. So what nonsense are you talking about?

If I ask you to prove that the original man had a peniis from the scripture you won't be able to answer it so why the failed attempt at trying to sound witty? The Bible says the original man had in him MALE AND FEMALE. That suggests that he had both sexes resident in him. So when the Bible says Even was created via a rib, that is spiritual description. She was definitely not a rib. God took out the female sex from Adam and created her. "Bone of my bone" "flesh of my flesh" should tell you something even if you are deeply ignorant of scripture.

At no point in that teaching or anywhere else did he teach on a man demanding submission from his wife. Not even for a second. He was explaining the separate roles both parties play. The man is to lead and the wife is to submit. Your analogy about head and neck is superficial rubbish. The Bible also says Jesus is the head of man. So if man is Jesus' neck does that make woman Jesus' chest or stomach? Or does it mean Jesus goes where man decides to go? I mean, shame on you.

That is the danger with some of you false teachers. You bring in worldly nonsense and mix it with the scriptures and end up with the rubbish most of you want to pass off as inspired. Causing damage to yourselves and the unsuspecting. But you have all failed.

Improbable concoction you said? I laugh at your ignorance. Read 1 Corinthians 7:25-31. Read it in as many translations as possible. Ask God for understanding while you read it. Read verses before it and then after. Don't fight the word. Read it. Understanding will be granted you and you will see it. Paul said it: I will still paraphrase it to help you.

He said although I did not hear this part from God. I can give you my own advice since I have wisdom from God and I know God very well. If you are an unmarried woman, don't get married. Because a wife will face too many troubles having to concern herself with her husband whereas if she were unmarried she will only concern herself with the things of God.

If you follow Paul's teachings in context he had always maintained that a woman was under her husband's authority and shouldn't even preach in church except her husband allows her to. So imagine if that husband was someone who did not believe in the things of God before she got her call.

Let me stop here. You are not adding anything new to me.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Woman Was Not God's Original Idea (video) by Ubenedictus(m): 6:54pm On Jul 14, 2019
GuestLog:
Dont be deceived by eloquent write ups. Chapter 1 is a summary of chapter 2. The first chapter talks about the whole creation story while chapter 2 breaks down the story in detail. Man was created first, after God saw that it was not good for man to be alone, he made woman out of man. A woman is subjected to man, she is his product. A man is the head of his home just as Christ is head of the church. God communicates with man, and man communicate to his family.

In the ways of God, all things are not created equal, there is hierarchy in the things of God, it is evident in the food chain, ecosystem, animal's social behavior and as described in revelations about heaven & God's throne. In essence, God loves orderliness. Two captains cannot stir a ship, one has to accept directions from the other. God bless his word.
no one says there is no hierarchy but it is a hierarchy of love not slavery.
Woman was always part of God's plan

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Woman Was Not God's Original Idea (video) by donnie(m): 8:50pm On Jul 14, 2019
LilMissFavvy:
We all know the purpose of this preaching is to sugar coat a failed marriage. After his wife divorced him, he now has time to chase everything in skirts as he wishes. So shameless. your wife moved on, move on as well, stop confusing gullible believers.

That message was preached several years before the divorce, you dingbat.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Woman Was Not God's Original Idea (video) by TheIkoro(m): 11:19pm On Jul 14, 2019
I will write more on this later; but, for now, this I will say.....

Once have I said, twice have I had it said;
I pity Woman. I once used to believe men to be they of the endangered gender.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Woman Was Not God's Original Idea (video) by LilMissFavvy(f): 1:02am On Jul 15, 2019
Bastard!!!
donnie:

That message was preached several years before the divorce, you dingbat.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Woman Was Not God's Original Idea (video) by petra1(m): 4:02am On Jul 15, 2019
Maestro21:

You put up the most laughable arguments ever and how you aim to brandish yourself as someone who is researched even makes it more comical. In 2002, 10 years into his marriage he is throwing shade at his wife and her father. In 2007, 15 years into the marriage he is doing same. But it takes his wonderful wife, 7 years after this to realize the shade? Someone just tried to pass this off as an intelligent comment.

In the realm of common sense, we call what you are trying to do revisionist nonsense. You have proceeded to accuse him of throwing shade now because he is divorced, for a message he preached 7 and even 12 years prior. Imagine if he used a hypothetical example of sons who disobeyed their fathers. I guess you would have to wait for eternity to find who the shade was directed at since he has no biological male children to be shading. Because in your distorted sense of reasoning, every example a teacher uses, must be somewhat related to his own personal life. I don't think your type of intelligence is useful to the world or the church.

Which segues into another not too useful way you tried to cover up your "ish" and "aner" misapplication. Contextualization is your friend and not your enemy. In Genesis 3:16, when the Bible says "her desire will be for her ish" it could very well translate to her desire will be for her man, but since the context here was referring to the man being hers it was contextually proper to use husband. That same word ish was used in Genesis 2:23 but there we see it translated and transliterated into its original meaning "man".

There is another word that was used as husband as well. Baal. In Jeremiah 31:32 when God says he is husband to his people the word translated as husband there is from the Hebrew baal which means master. So in that context the same word, husband did not mean man. It meant master.

Interestingly, in Hosea 2:16, the Bible says call me ishi and not baali. This could have very well been translated as call me your husband and not your husband but it will make no sense. So contextually it was more meaningful to say call me your man and not your master. Call me your husband and not your owner. This undeniably proves that the word husband contextually means man, master, ruler, owner. But whilst ish could mean man or husband. Baal unshakeably meant husband or master.

So if Pastor Chris says the word husband means master he was right by the Bible.

Now, why did God create male and female animals? That is not the right question. The right question is, why did God create male and female animals at the same time? Because of procreation. But when it came to man, the Bible says he created the man alone. It is important because Genesis 2 gives a more descriptive trail of events than Genesis 1 that was a summary. In Genesis 1, we understand that God placed male in female into the man he created. Then in Genesis 2, we see where God seems to have an epiphany and says it is not good that the man he created is alone. So he takes out the female in him and creates him a woman to help him.

You may not like the construction of the term but it is clear as day that the woman does appear to be an afterthought unlike the animals which he created at the same time. Which is why Paul expressly states by the holy spirit, that the woman was made for the man and not man for the woman (in other words, I did not make man because I had a woman in mind. I made a woman because I already made a man who was alone). Again, what does that imply? That since she was made because of the man. The man was the original idea and she was the secondary idea. It is not that hard to reason. There is a reason why something is called SECONDary. It is because it comes AFTER the first.

This pretentious and deceitful advocacy for egalitarianism in marriage you are trying to portray is contrary to the scripture. Pastor Chris teaches about the equality of male and female in Christendom but stresses that the dynamic changes in marriage. Unlike the error you have in your transcription, He also says that he wonders why many women in Christianity are so eager to get married considering how submissive the Bible expects them to be. In another teaching, he taught on how women's role in the union was to "lead from behind". So he was not emphasizing a master-slave relationship but only pointing out that the woman's authority in a marriage was not equal to her husband's. She was to be under his authority. And Paul taught EXACTLY the same and even advised women, that to him, it was better for them not to marry especially if they wanted to be leaders in the church. As that will put them under their husband's authority which could pose untoward consequences if the man in question was not godly or spiritual.

Great post.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Woman Was Not God's Original Idea (video) by petra1(m): 4:15am On Jul 15, 2019
Ubenedictus:
no one says there is no hierarchy but it is a hierarchy of love not slavery.
Woman was always part of God's plan

He didnt say that. His point was that man was his main idea and woman was given to man as support .

Genesis 2:18
And the Lord God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him. . . .And the rib, which the Lord God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man.

1 Corinthians 11:9
-- Neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Woman Was Not God's Original Idea (video) by Nobody: 10:04am On Jul 15, 2019
Maestro21:

You put up the most laughable arguments ever and how you aim to brandish yourself as someone who is researched even makes it more comical. In 2002, 10 years into his marriage he is throwing shade at his wife and her father. In 2007, 15 years into the marriage he is doing same. But it takes his wonderful wife, 7 years after this to realize the shade? Someone just tried to pass this off as an intelligent comment.

In the realm of common sense, we call what you are trying to do revisionist nonsense. You have proceeded to accuse him of throwing shade now because he is divorced, for a message he preached 7 and even 12 years prior. Imagine if he used a hypothetical example of sons who disobeyed their fathers. I guess you would have to wait for eternity to find who the shade was directed at since he has no biological male children to be shading. Because in your distorted sense of reasoning, every example a teacher uses, must be somewhat related to his own personal life. I don't think your type of intelligence is useful to the world or the church.

Which segues into another not too useful way you tried to cover up your "ish" and "aner" misapplication. Contextualization is your friend and not your enemy. In Genesis 3:16, when the Bible says "her desire will be for her ish" it could very well translate to her desire will be for her man, but since the context here was referring to the man being hers it was contextually proper to use husband. That same word ish was used in Genesis 2:23 but there we see it translated and transliterated into its original meaning "man".

There is another word that was used as husband as well. Baal. In Jeremiah 31:32 when God says he is husband to his people the word translated as husband there is from the Hebrew baal which means master. So in that context the same word, husband did not mean man. It meant master.

Interestingly, in Hosea 2:16, the Bible says call me ishi and not baali. This could have very well been translated as call me your husband and not your husband but it will make no sense. So contextually it was more meaningful to say call me your man and not your master. Call me your husband and not your owner. This undeniably proves that the word husband contextually means man, master, ruler, owner. But whilst ish could mean man or husband. Baal unshakeably meant husband or master.

So if Pastor Chris says the word husband means master he was right by the Bible.

Now, why did God create male and female animals? That is not the right question. The right question is, why did God create male and female animals at the same time? Because of procreation. But when it came to man, the Bible says he created the man alone. It is important because Genesis 2 gives a more descriptive trail of events than Genesis 1 that was a summary. In Genesis 1, we understand that God placed male in female into the man he created. Then in Genesis 2, we see where God seems to have an epiphany and says it is not good that the man he created is alone. So he takes out the female in him and creates him a woman to help him.

You may not like the construction of the term but it is clear as day that the woman does appear to be an afterthought unlike the animals which he created at the same time. Which is why Paul expressly states by the holy spirit, that the woman was made for the man and not man for the woman (in other words, I did not make man because I had a woman in mind. I made a woman because I already made a man who was alone). Again, what does that imply? That since she was made because of the man. The man was the original idea and she was the secondary idea. It is not that hard to reason. There is a reason why something is called SECONDary. It is because it comes AFTER the first.

This pretentious and deceitful advocacy for egalitarianism in marriage you are trying to portray is contrary to the scripture. Pastor Chris teaches about the equality of male and female in Christendom but stresses that the dynamic changes in marriage. Unlike the error you have in your transcription, He also says that he wonders why many women in Christianity are so eager to get married considering how submissive the Bible expects them to be. In another teaching, he taught on how women's role in the union was to "lead from behind". So he was not emphasizing a master-slave relationship but only pointing out that the woman's authority in a marriage was not equal to her husband's. She was to be under his authority. And Paul taught EXACTLY the same and even advised women, that to him, it was better for them not to marry especially if they wanted to be leaders in the church. As that will put them under their husband's authority which could pose untoward consequences if the man in question was not godly or spiritual.
on point
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Woman Was Not God's Original Idea (video) by Ubenedictus(m): 9:11am On Jul 16, 2019
petra1:

He didnt say that. His point was that man was his main idea and woman was given to man as support .

Genesis 2:18
And the Lord God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him. . . .And the rib, which the Lord God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man.

1 Corinthians 11:9
-- Neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man.

Before Genesis chapter 2, we have Genesis chapter 1

Genesis 1:27
So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female

Man AND woman was always part of God's original plan for Mankind, he created Man first to give him a spiritual leadership in love over the home not because Woman wasn't part of his original plan for mankind.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Woman Was Not God's Original Idea (video) by TheIkoro(m): 4:58pm On Jul 21, 2019
TheIkoro:
I will write more on this later; but, for now, this I will say.....

Once have I said, twice have I had it said;
I pity Woman. I once used to believe men to be they of the endangered gender.

https://www./word-from-god-his-ward-ultimatum-woman-ikoro-iyineleda/?published=t
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Woman Was Not God's Original Idea (video) by orisa37: 6:10pm On Jul 21, 2019
Subservience to obedience to The Man's Authority was God's notitia. Smart Devil(Eve), she touched the informare before Adam.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Woman Was Not God's Original Idea (video) by Kobojunkie: 8:48pm On Mar 18, 2021
Damyonline:
President and founder of Christ Embassy church, Chris Oyakhilome preaches at his church saying, "Woman was not God's original idea."

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome can be heard saying,

The reason God made woman was because of man
He made the woman because if the man that is why he made the woman
so woman was not his original idea, this is reality
ok scripture, let's see what the Bible says;
When God had made everything and he then had made Adam, everything was VERY GOOD
Already, everything was very good, no problem.
Then he got Adam... listen... ok...

If most women had their fathers bold enough to talk to them, they would be more successful in marriage and they will be very happy.

Most women have never been taalked to by their parents, their father especially
That's their biggest problem they dont know who a man is, they think he is another woman see...in a marriage, you are the man, who is the head of that union
and because he is the head of that union, it is important to understand him
now you think he is the one that needs to understand his wife, that is where you are wrong he will but until you know the man who you have married, the man that came..

it is like working for somebody and not knowing what he wants...
Why people listen to this band of eejits still, I will never understand! undecided
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Woman Was Not God's Original Idea (video) by donnie(m): 10:47pm On Mar 18, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Why people listen to this band of eejits still, I will never understand! undecided

Whenever feminists and their foolish weak male supporters want to masturbate, they just pull up this thread again.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Woman Was Not God's Original Idea (video) by Kobojunkie: 12:55pm On Mar 19, 2021
wirinet:
Religion is truely a virus that once it infect the brain, it starts to delete its rational sectors slowly but surely.
If woman was not the original plan of Pastor Oyakhilomes god, then what was his original plan, and why did he change it? If male and female of every animal (and plants) were part of the original plan, why was man different. So only one man was supposed to live on the entire planet with animals and plants reproducing.
The man being master is the most reprehensible doctrine I have heard, it's no different from Islamic terrorist doctrine on women. No wonder he can't keep a wife, as no woman would agree to marry her "master".
I advise ladies to shine their eyes very well before saying I do to any man. They should flee from any man that believes he is going to be her master in marriage, so as to avoid the pastor Anita experience.
interesting!
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Woman Was Not God's Original Idea (video) by Salvation1499: 1:45pm On Jan 07, 2022
Pastor Chris Is 100% correct. He said the truth but he would have use wisdom and say it to the understanding of the ignorant ones, so that they won't misquote him as they are already doing.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Apostle Johnson Suleman Sues Stephanie Otobo, Sahara Reporters For N1B / Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope / The Fastest Growing Religion In The World - Christianity Or Islam ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.