Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,399 members, 7,815,872 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:55 PM

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 - Travel (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 (616331 Views)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (605) (Go Down)

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by vivianobas: 7:21pm On Jul 14, 2019
My dear wonderful yard people, please is there any WhatsApp group for those heading to Munich, TUM precisely. I would like to be added to the group if any.

Best regards.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by DayveedD: 7:43pm On Jul 14, 2019
Hello guys ,

Can you book for cat A when you are meant for cat B?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by damsel93(f): 7:47pm On Jul 14, 2019
asamwababy:

Emailed the German embassy regarding blocked amount for children and was told around EUR500.
Please is that per month or the total? Also planning to go with my 3 yrs son
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by benjamin139: 8:11pm On Jul 14, 2019
Fabcol:
We never great yet oh lol
You could deliver with dhl(Paulinus might request an appointment mail from you or your brother if you go yourself and might not attend to you if u dont present one). You could still try tho(personally I prefer dropping my parcel myself at the embassy)

To:The visa section
Then the embassy full address
Also include a copy of your visa receipt inside the envelope

can an online printout of the SL be used for interview if the hard copy has not gotten to Nigeria before interview
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by bjayNL: 8:22pm On Jul 14, 2019
floflo12:
@bjayNL

Good day bro,I am planning on applying for an msc course in Tum, kindly check your email,let's talk.

I've replied you...

Post here though collective advice is better
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by bjayNL: 8:26pm On Jul 14, 2019
May I ask why it is not advisable to fund account before an appointment date please...

Any particular view opinion or reason?

youngnobert94:

Book right away as appointment dates for the winter semester are fast running out. Since it's an MSc program nd i believe u posses no lesser than a 2nd class lower (2.2) u should book cat A. Your motivation letter should be hand written, it's stated clearly on the checklist. U can apply even before funding but u must fund ASAP as that has been known to cause significant delays, note: generally it is not advisable to fund ur BA before getting an appointment date.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by bjayNL: 8:27pm On Jul 14, 2019
Youngmoniii:

Mine is on the 13th which I believe is just naija additional holiday and not recognized globally.
So if u have both dates, most likely 13 will be ur legit date. But I suggest you go both days or mail embassy for clarity.

Please when did you apply and got this schedule?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by bjayNL: 8:28pm On Jul 14, 2019
NijaDueprocess:
Those who have two(2) AD scheduled on 12th August(Public holiday) and 13th August(Public holiday) identify yourself lets have a meeting. it is really confusing having two(2) Appointment date on Public holidays

Please what date did you apply?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by bjayNL: 8:34pm On Jul 14, 2019
jolak5:
Trying to convert 4.3 CGPA to german grading but the result is funny. Can anyone please help?Applying to Uni-Siegen

I get this kain GP I der go Canada straight... Infact on Scholarship s
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Schrodinger22: 8:36pm On Jul 14, 2019
[quote author=Schrodinger22 post=80263407]

Good day house, I am really happy with the wealth of information on this thread and want to use this opportunity to start my process soon

Please, i need input on my previous post...Thank you
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Akwaekee(f): 8:37pm On Jul 14, 2019
It is not advisable to fund your account, when you've not gotten an appointment date. So if the person is unable to get AD for that intake, they won't go through the stress of trying to "unblock". However, if you already have an Appointment Date and have the funds, you could actually block before the appointment date.
bjayNL:
May I ask why it is not advisable to fund account before an appointment date please...

Any particular view opinion or reason?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by bjayNL: 8:40pm On Jul 14, 2019
Adhheir:

Not advisable ma'am/Sir. You can fund your BA when you have your AD. I know of two methods;

1. Open a domiciliary euro account at your bank, meet with an aboki with the intent to buy the needed amount; take the aboki to your bank with the agreed euros. The bank verifies the authenticity of his euros, you transfer the naira equivalent to him and he pays this verified euros into your domiciliary account, give the bank written instructions to transfer from your Dom account to your blocked account. It should reflect in your blocked account in two to three days, print the confirmation and forward to the embassy (or take it with you for your interview as the case may be). GTB, Access bank, Zenith bank, first bank and sterling bank (these are the ones that I've seen people use) all offer this service at different costs.

2. If you have someone very trustworthy in Germany (family most preferred) and they have euros or know someone that has and are ready to exchange for naira.
Agree upon an exchange rate, send the naira to their Nigerian account and they'll forward the euros to your BA. Be 1000% sure they won't elope with your funds. Its easier and faster this way. But then, the risk is higher.

Do not fund until you're sure you have an AD and your AD should be at least three weeks before your enrollment deadline.

Vielen grüße

I have funded without AD, infact before applying for the Visa I wanted all documents set and ready...

I hope I'm safe?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Awilibogy(m): 8:43pm On Jul 14, 2019
Good evening house
When is summer 2020 application starting?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by badmus306(m): 8:54pm On Jul 14, 2019
benjamin139:

can an online printout of the SL be used for interview if the hard copy has not gotten to Nigeria before interview
Tell d VO you are expecting the hard copy , the VO won't Collect print out from you.
It is clearly different from the original

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by badmus306(m): 8:55pm On Jul 14, 2019
gbens2000:
Psychologist Is d house pls I need ur help, I don Dey wait for AD since May, and now if I c Pple saying “I just got my AM” I feel like crying and make ground swallow me. Dos dis means am a jealous person or a representative of village Pple undecided
It's normal bro, you are human.
AD will show

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Youngmoniii(m): 8:55pm On Jul 14, 2019
bjayNL:

Please when did you apply and got this schedule?
28th May. Used Oct 1 as start date
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by badmus306(m): 8:55pm On Jul 14, 2019
Awilibogy:
Good evening house
When is summer 2020 application starting?
You will have to check daad throughly, some Schools have started
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by badmus306(m): 8:57pm On Jul 14, 2019
bjayNL:

I have funded without AD, infact before applying for the Visa I wanted all documents set and ready...

I hope I'm safe?
Be hopeful positively, you will get a date.
Las Las, if date no show, you tell your school to help you differ to Sommer (some schools allow this).
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by emmabowin(m): 8:57pm On Jul 14, 2019
Well done house,
1. Is accommodation payment not part of the block amount, because I am seeing people still paying separate money for that.

2. can someone give a breakdown how this 720 euros is spent monthly. Is it possible to save part of it

3. Why do they block for 1 year, why is the embassy not bothered about how people will survive the second year or is it that people make enough money from working to carry them through the second year.

Thanks

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by benjamin139: 9:13pm On Jul 14, 2019
badmus306:

Tell d VO you are expecting the hard copy , the VO won't Collect print out from you.
It is clearly different from the original

hope it will be returned afterwards??
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Fabcol(m): 9:18pm On Jul 14, 2019
Hmm, yes but without the hard copy, the visa wouldn't be processed. also inform the vo
benjamin139:

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Sureboii: 9:36pm On Jul 14, 2019
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but the embassy just updated Cat A to 1st class and 2-1 students only. I don’t think this affects those who booked when it was 2nd Class lower but this is the position moving forward

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Pattilus007: 9:45pm On Jul 14, 2019
Please i am new here, my question goes thus. I have been selected from a Bsc programme to kick off in October i Germany. I have read so much here today and i found out, it was advisable i booked an appointment fast as time is running out. My issues include the following.
I chose category B long term visa for more than 90 days. I have a second class lower degree. Did i choose correctly or i should have chosen category A. If so do i cancel the appointment?

Also i read that i needed a general health insurance upon appearing at the embassy, how do i go about this? I have no idea.

The travel insurance is also a document i need but must it be among the documents i take along to the embassy? If yes how do i also go about this?

Lastly, i made a mistake with Fintiba as to the account opening, i chose fintiba plus instead of a fintiba basic. I already sent a mail to the effect, but is there any other thing i can do to rectify my mistake.

I hope i posted in the right section. Thank you in anticipation.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by NijaDueprocess: 10:12pm On Jul 14, 2019
bjayNL:

Please what date did you apply?
I applied on the 28th May for category A and I got 12th and 13th August
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Westahorf10(m): 10:31pm On Jul 14, 2019
Who else applied MA development studies at university of Passau?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Chriswazo(m): 10:33pm On Jul 14, 2019
Sureboii:
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but the embassy just updated Cat A to 1st class and 2-1 students only. I don’t think this affects those who booked when it was 2nd Class lower but this is the position moving forward

Mehn I rush go check for myself, alas is true o.
Summer guys, may God show una mercy.

Now more importantly, I think is wise to learn German especially if you are waiting for next winter.

God bless our hustle!

7 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by chiboy429(m): 10:37pm On Jul 14, 2019
Schrodinger22:
Good day house, I am really happy with the wealth of information on this thread and want to use this opportunity to start my process soon

I would like to state my profile and my intention, will be very glad if the gurus in the house can advice me accordingly.

I had my undergraduate in physics/electronics since 2011, working in a telecommunication company till this moment and want to pursue my MSc in telecommunication related course. My CGPA is a bit low 3.2/5.0.

Can anyone suggest a good school for MSc in telecommunication engineering, found one University of Bremen is it a nice school? I am funding myself and already saved the €9000. What are my chances in getting a direct masters program with my CGPA and is there still hope for winter admission or i wait till summer? Please, i need your advice.

I look forward to hearing from someone...

you are so welcome bro, immediately I saw your username I knew instantaneously you must have come across real physics (Quantum) or you are a physicist. which you confirmed by commenting that
you are a physicist. I am also a physicist.

Your cgpa isn't bad at all there are so many programs that would accept your grade. But then, you must back it up with compelling stellar motivation letter / statement of purpose and couple with your working experience you are good to go.

interesting enough I got admitted to the university of Bremen Germany for the MSc environmental physics program this winter. however, winter 19/20 door is 98% closed I would advise you gather your application checklist and target summer.

for the start daad.de/en or masterportal.com will be invaluable to you as as you about to start your application journey . through this webpage you will see several programs that suit your academic career interests . you can as well go through the various programs and take down their different requirements, should you find any information confusing or not detailed you shouldn't hesitate to mail the various course coordinators. don't be afraid to mail them as they are always friendly and willing to assist and provide further help.

start immediately, gather all the required documents. note that some courses requires you provide English language certificate if you don't have I prefer you write now , it won't only enable you apply for that particular course but also will give you more interesting programs to apply to. Again, some programs requires English language proficiency letter from your school in place of English test certificate,. it is your duty to mail the course coordinators to know if they accept the EPL.

As you progress you will get to know more and more about the whole interesting process . Don't forget to read previous parts of this threads because almost all the questions or challenges you would have have been solved in the preceding parts.

welcome onboard bro.

viel gluck.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Nobody: 10:39pm On Jul 14, 2019
So 2nd class lower are meant for what category?

Was this updated on Germany website?

Sureboii:
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by glopatra(m): 11:02pm On Jul 14, 2019
Schrodinger22:

I would like to state my profile and my intention, will be very glad if the gurus in the house can advice me accordingly.

I had my undergraduate in physics/electronics since 2011, working in a telecommunication company till this moment and want to pursue my MSc in telecommunication related course. My CGPA is a bit low 3.2/5.0.

Can anyone suggest a good school for MSc in telecommunication engineering, found one University of Bremen is it a nice school? I am funding myself and already saved the €9000. What are my chances in getting a direct masters program with my CGPA and is there still hope for winter admission or i wait till summer? Please, i need your advice.

I look forward to hearing from someone...

First of all don't worry too much about you cgpa your gradein German scale is 2.3 which is higher than the 2.5 minimum requirements from most German schools.

Secondly your work experience would come handy if you desire to apply for courses in telecoms (just make sure you package your Cv very well, use Google to see samples of how telecom Engineers package their Cv). And if you are using uniassist make sure you add your employment documents and recommendation letter from your work place if possible to beef up your applications).

For schools, Uni Bremen is a nice school and they use job experience as part of their admission assessment criteria for that CIT course you are interested in. Also check Uni Kassel, Cologn uni of applied sciences, Kempten uni of apolied sciences, TU Chemitz. Winter is already gone but you can just go to daad.de to start searching against summer.

Finally since your undergraduate study is not Elect/Elect, in your motivation letter try to highlight the electronics/communications courses you did and focus more on your job experience as your selling point.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Chriswazo(m): 11:12pm On Jul 14, 2019
anthonanik:
So 2nd class lower are meant for what category?

Was this updated on Germany website?

U can read it for yourself here
https://nigeria.diplo.de/ng-en/service/visa/student-research-and-language-course-visa/1015536

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Tamax: 11:54pm On Jul 14, 2019
Please can you guild me rightly on using this studierendewerk to get accommodation please? I have registered but don't i know what next to do. Thanks

Adhheir:

Have you tried studierendenwerk Hamburg? You should have started the hunt before july bro. They sent mails to folks they're reserving spaces for last month and they've sent another for fee payment with deadline this month. See If you can still register with them first then extend your search.

https://www.studierendenwerk-hamburg.de/studierendenwerk/de/wohnen/internationale_studierende/

Viel glück

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (605)

Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. / QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.