Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,659 members, 7,820,324 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:04 PM

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 - Travel (369) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 (620956 Views)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (366) (367) (368) (369) (370) (371) (372) ... (605) (Go Down)

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by sassy92(f): 10:45am On Oct 02, 2019
OdiEma:

Same way people apply for AD and go for interview without funding... Cant just fault one and leave the other.

Its well though.

For those still expecting AD please if its possible to enrol by proxy please do. Dont forget to restrategize and have other plans.

All the Best.

Exactly!! Some people start this German waka without any means of proof of funds, they get to interview stage even up till AM still without having any means of BA/SL. Do we say what they're doing is wrong?
Now the embassy is insisting from Nov 1st to come with your proof of funds, so we can no longer do that. But as long as you can book for AD without showing AL, I won't fault anybody for doing so. This is my opinion.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by evergreen9: 11:02am On Oct 02, 2019
OdiEma:

Same way people apply for AD and go for interview without funding... Cant just fault one and leave the other.

Its well though.

For those still expecting AD please if its possible to enrol by proxy please do. Dont forget to restrategize and have other plans.

All the Best.

Correct. I was going to mention that but didn't want to come off as an insensitive person
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by IceColdVeins(m): 11:17am On Oct 02, 2019
Please does anyone know the validity period for the almighty 'SL'?
Cos I'm thinking of getting mine now against next year winter, all these dissappointments that I'm reading all over here are scary.
Kindly advice!
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Kevwe06(f): 11:18am On Oct 02, 2019
So I finally did my interview this morning, was interviewed by the elegant lady on dreadlocks. She was nice and friendly and didn’t asked me many questions.

V.O - What are you applying for?
Me - Student Visa
V.O - Are you married?
V.O - What school and programme?
Me - UniBayreuth, AVVA (B.A)
V.O - What city, and state in Germany is your school?
V.O- when is your resumption and enrollment deadline
Me - The Free State of Bavaria
V.O - Why another bachelors degree?
V.O - That's good, so what's your plan after your B.A
V.0 - what's your BA Thesis,
V.O - Why Germany, not Nigeria, UK or US?
V.0 - So, tell me what you know about Germany, like three things - maybe, geographically, economically or politically.

That’s all.and any question for me. i asked if there’s still hope for AD, she said for those that have extension from November till January there’s still hope for AD, but those that there deadline is October or mid Oct, and no extension she will ask them to defer because winter has started. So I believe those that used Dec as starting date there’s hope.

28 Likes 5 Shares

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by gentl(m): 11:26am On Oct 02, 2019
Zenith Bank card works fine.
johnaolaniran:
Hello, please who has successfully paid/booked for an hostel in Germany online using hostels.com? How did you go about it and which card did you use for payment?

Thanks.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by amikable97: 11:29am On Oct 02, 2019
Kevwe06:
So I finally did my interview this morning, was interviewed by the elegant lady on dreadlocks. She was nice and friendly and didn’t asked me many questions.

Me - Student Visa
V.O - Are you married?
V.0 - So, tell me what you know about Germany, like three things - maybe, geographically, economically or politically.

That’s all.and any question for me. i asked if there’s still hope for AD, she said for those that have extension from November till January there’s still hope for AD, but those that there deadline is October or mid Oct, and no extension she will ask them to defer because winter has started. So I believe those that used Dec as starting date there’s hope.

Congrats and thanks for sharing!
AM fall on you in due time!

2 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by babstope05: 11:37am On Oct 02, 2019
Please for visa interview do they accept NECO instead of WAEC?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by sassy92(f): 11:38am On Oct 02, 2019
Kevwe06:

Congratulations, we await your AM testimony!!! And thank you so much for asking about ADs, God bless you. There is hope after all.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by sassy92(f): 11:39am On Oct 02, 2019
babstope05:
Please for visa interview do they accept NECO instead of WAEC?
Yes. make sure you go with scratch card.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Tosinsolomon: 11:49am On Oct 02, 2019
Kevwe06:

Me - Student Visa
V.O - Are you married?

Congratulations. Thanks for the inquiry. When is your enrollment deadline

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by sassy92(f): 11:56am On Oct 02, 2019
IceColdVeins:
Please does anyone know the validity period for the almighty 'SL'?
Cos I'm thinking of getting mine now against next year winter, all these dissappointments that I'm reading all over here are scary.
Kindly advice!
The general idea is that you need admission letter to get SL but someone mentioned here a few pages back that it's not needed.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Haryanfhe: 11:57am On Oct 02, 2019
Waohh.. Early morning motivation, gave me another reason not to give up on this German waka. Thanks for sharing
Fustinachichi:
It's been a year I have been here in Germany and I want to use this opportunity to encourage everyone...pls keep going (especially if it is the will of God,) keep going.....may God favour all of u...the best decision I ever made. Already in my 3rd semester.....and yes, job plenty for here...u go work work work but ensure u don't forget school too....Language is very easy and understandable if u are eager to learn...came to Deutshland without knowing how to say "is" in German and now I am almost in B2...anything is achievable just be focused and chase the right things...Wish u all success....
Ps: Dont overstress urself if ur documents are not totally complete...all of these things depend on the VO and grace of God.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by madenigga(m): 12:18pm On Oct 02, 2019
Slip:
Bros, you cannot book twice if your passport details is still in their system. Except you book on another CAT, but if it is same CAT you can't book twice. Observation is key here.

regards,

Does booking under category A or B matter.

Since I applied under category B I have not been able to get a date, I want to book with category A would it affect me?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by madenigga(m): 12:20pm On Oct 02, 2019
sassy92:

The general idea is that you need admission letter to get SL but someone mentioned here a few pages back that it's not needed.
Please Sassy92 Does booking under category A or B matter.

Since I applied under category B I have not been able to get a date, I want to book with category A would it affect me during the interview?

Would they ask about it?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by madenigga(m): 12:22pm On Oct 02, 2019
Kevwe06:

Me - Student Visa
V.O - Are you married?

What category did you book under and did they ask u any question about category A or B
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Modesta24: 12:32pm On Oct 02, 2019
yes it does matter . please read carefully the clauses attached on their website.

madenigga:

Since I applied under category B I have not been able to get a date, I want to book with category A would it affect me?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Modesta24: 12:33pm On Oct 02, 2019
Congratulations, Speedy AM brotherly.
Kevwe06:

Me - Student Visa
V.O - Are you married?

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by sassy92(f): 12:35pm On Oct 02, 2019
madenigga:

Please Sassy92 Does booking under category A or B matter.

Since I applied under category B I have not been able to get a date, I want to book with category A would it affect me during the interview?

Would they ask about it?
It matters o. if you don't meet the requirements of category A, please don't book under Category A. Don't shoot yourself in the leg.
There's hope, if you've enrolled or gotten enrollment extension till December/January, you'll surely get a date.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Slip(m): 12:40pm On Oct 02, 2019
Even if the system allows doesnt mean it is a good idea. I make reference to it in my previous post to explain to a mate about what i heard and seen but not in total support of it. Note that the action may affect others if you were given date for both CATs. It is stated on the embassy website (which i would advise you to check and read) that one will be bounce back for wrong CAT booking.

So if you are not qualify for CAT A dont book.

Cheers!

madenigga:

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Haryanfhe: 12:57pm On Oct 02, 2019
Good day Nairalanders, and welldone to everyone contributing on this page, God bless you all.
I have a few questions that I'd like to get clarifications on:
1.) does Vfs handle German visa application? (a friend was arguing with me so I wanted to be sure)

2.) does travel history affect one's chances of getting the German study visa? (e.g like can the application of someone who has never traveled out be rejected)

I'll appreciate if I can get answers to this. Thanks
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by demigod9: 1:07pm On Oct 02, 2019
I think all my document is ready now, please who knows where I can certified my documents in Abuja and possibly the cost. And also I lost my Nysc certificate when I traveled last time but I have a scanned copy I scanned to my email, will that be an issue during visa interview stage (since nysc isn't needed for application).
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by sassy92(f): 1:10pm On Oct 02, 2019
demigod9:
I think all my document is ready now, please who knows where I can certified my documents in Abuja and possibly the cost. And also I lost my Nysc certificate when I traveled last time but I have a scanned copy I scanned to my email, will that be an issue during visa interview stage (since nysc isn't needed for application).
NYSC certificate is not needed for visa interview so don't worry yourself. Since you're in Abuja, certify at the embassy there.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by demigod9: 1:11pm On Oct 02, 2019
1.) does Vfs handle German visa application? (a friend was arguing with me so I wanted to be sure)

No, VFS does not process for Germany in Nigeria, you have to do it through the German embassy.

2.) does travel history affect one's chances of getting the German study visa? (e.g like can the application of someone who has never traveled out be rejected)

From the best of my knowledge, I don't think your application can be rejected because you've never traveled before, but if you've applied for a Schengen visa before and was rejected base on illegalities which put a red flag on your application in their system, that might be a problem sha.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by demigod9: 1:13pm On Oct 02, 2019
sassy92:

NYSC certificate is not needed for visa interview so don't worry yourself. Since you're in Abuja, certify at the embassy there.

Thanks, I thought you can only certified at the Lagos office. Alright, I'll make the enquiries.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by demigod9: 1:24pm On Oct 02, 2019
sassy92:

I learned that your transcript is supposed to be signed and stamped on every page. Mine from Uniuyo isn't, it's only the last page that is signed and not even stamped (I'm tired of the people in our schools).

Has anyone had this kind of issue before and did the embassy still certified it?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Slip(m): 1:44pm On Oct 02, 2019
The embassy certified documents with stamp and signature ONLY.
demigod9:

I learned that your transcript is supposed to be signed and stamped on every page. Mine from Uniuyo isn't, it's only the last page that is signed and not even stamped (I'm tired of the people in our schools).

Has anyone had this kind of issue before and did the embassy still certified it?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Kevwe06(f): 2:09pm On Oct 02, 2019
Modesta24:
Congratulations, Speedy AM brotherly.

Amen dear please am a lady ooo lol..
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Kevwe06(f): 2:12pm On Oct 02, 2019
madenigga:

Luckily, she didn’t ask me about the category I booked but she saw my appointment later.
I book cat A before the rules were changed and am going for 2nd Bsc.

What category did you book under and did they ask u any question about category A or B
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Betterlife30: 2:15pm On Oct 02, 2019
I created an application yesterday for summer semester 2020 on uniassist but I couldn't finish the application, so I stopped with the hope of finishing it today, submit online and pay. But after finishing everything today, anytime I click on submit online, it will be showing me "An unexpected error has occurred, please try again later." And it has been showing that since morning. Please what can I do? Thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (366) (367) (368) (369) (370) (371) (372) ... (605)

Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. / QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.