Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,798 members, 7,820,799 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:56 PM

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 - Travel (366) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 (621296 Views)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (363) (364) (365) (366) (367) (368) (369) ... (605) (Go Down)

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Mabel85: 11:59am On Oct 01, 2019
Gavrelino123:

Thanks dear,
I know of Gottingen only....looking for more...I will definitely apply today and send my Docs tomorrow of possible....
If you are in Lagos,and you are applying for Gottingen,....let's send documents together...

I applied for winter and defer my admission to this summer. But when I applied I just uploaded my documents. I didn't use uniassist. I applied for English philology(M.A)

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by ShinaLe: 11:59am On Oct 01, 2019
sassy92:

The embassy is closed today and on Thursday. Maybe they'll release dates tomorrow. Let's be patient and keep praying.

Okay thanks.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by abycash: 12:05pm On Oct 01, 2019
Thanks.
sassy92:

The embassy is closed today and on Thursday. Maybe they'll release dates tomorrow. Let's be patient and keep praying.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Mabel85: 12:09pm On Oct 01, 2019
Saysay01:
Hi All, I will like to say a few things.
1) Research on the school you are going to. For example, I should have asked about the studentenwerk in my school because Gottingen studentenwerk has a 6 Months to 1 year waiting period (I kid you not), some year 2 people are still on that list. For people going to places where you have long waiting period like me, apply to studentenwerk as soon as you get your admission letter.

2)Learn the Language: It cannot be over emphasized, you have a better chance of getting office Jobs.

3) Most importantly (I am speaking for people in Gottingen), please if you borrowed money for this trip, I don't think (my opinion) that you can start returning it the next month. Let me explain how it works. When you get here, you need to go to the Rathaus to do your city registration and for that you need your international Passport and Landlord's house contract. I got here on the 16th of Sept, I just did my city registration today because I just got a Landlord's contract. After this, you will now be scheduled for Residency permit, I know people that are scheduled for Oct 21st, and you cannot work without that permit. That is to say, you cannot start working till Nov. So, don't come empty handed, bring money that will last you at least 3 Months.

Thank you dear...I defer my admission to summer semester. Hope to see u soon.I have already applied to studentenwerk since July... I never even hear anything from them.I hope they answer me before the start date of summer semester.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by gentl(m): 12:38pm On Oct 01, 2019
do you speak german? , how were you able to do the german language proficiency?
Gavrelino123:

Thanks dear,
I know of Gottingen only....looking for more...I will definitely apply today and send my Docs tomorrow of possible....
If you are in Lagos,and you are applying for Gottingen,....let's send documents together...
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by evergreen9: 12:57pm On Oct 01, 2019
sassy92:

I think he's referring to those who borrowed to fund BA. And it also applies to those using SL.

How much are we allowed to take out of the blocked account and would that cover for accommodation, feeding, transport? I am thinking of taking some cash along with me as you suggested but I dont know if the airlines / airport authorities would allow that.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by johnaolaniran: 1:00pm On Oct 01, 2019
Hello, please who has successfully paid/booked for an hostel in Germany online using hostels.com? How did you go about it and which card did you use for payment?

Thanks.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by sassy92(f): 1:31pm On Oct 01, 2019
evergreen9:

How much are we allowed to take out of the blocked account and would that cover for accommodation, feeding, transport? I am thinking of taking some cash along with me as you suggested but I dont know if the airlines / airport authorities would allow that.
With a blocked account you'll only have access to €853 per month (ie. If you block using the new rate of €10236). This should be enough to cover your living expenses depending on the city you're heading to and your lifestyle. But it's best to travel with some money because it may take time to unblock your account when you get to Germany.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Ojabostine505: 1:32pm On Oct 01, 2019
ShinaLe:
Please how true is the information that the embassy will not be opened till on the 4th of October?
the unification of Germany is on the third of October and the also observed 1st October as Nigeria independence.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Slip(m): 1:46pm On Oct 01, 2019
Some of this info is rightly with us but we don't check for it... The amount you are allowed to take from the BA is already stated on your *Make the transfer* issued by fintiba which you approved for the BA opening...No authorities is against anyone going to another country at least with 1k Euro...

evergreen9:

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Kevwe06(f): 1:58pm On Oct 01, 2019
ShinaLe:
Please how true is the information that the embassy will not be opened till on the 4th of October?

They will open tomorrow 2nd October, because my interview is tomorrow, in Lagos embassy.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Phatkings: 2:21pm On Oct 01, 2019
Gavrelino123:

Thanks dear,
Pls how do they send documents online or DHL
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by olawale360: 2:28pm On Oct 01, 2019
[quote author=everG post=82729135]Application for university of gottingen opens today.
Anybody sending doc should please contact me .
Anybody travelling should help me submit soc please.

I only recieved a mail from Göttingen to upload my documents and not send. Guess we can only send after a decision as been made.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by evergreen9: 3:45pm On Oct 01, 2019
Kevwe06:

They will open tomorrow 2nd October, because my interview is tomorrow, in Lagos embassy.

Keep us posted, try to find out from the embassy if they would be opening tomorrow.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Bekky289: 3:50pm On Oct 01, 2019
Temmythourpe19:

It is 8640 I have up till now. Anytime fintiba sends me thier friendly reminder which they still did today. It still brings the 8829

You can send Fintiba an email requesting they update it for which they will. I did that abd they updated the amount in less than 48hrs
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Philfit(m): 4:03pm On Oct 01, 2019
Neefehmee2038:
Please who can help with the mail of the embassy to send an appeal to? And also documents that they would reply back?
Info@lago.diplo.de
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by ShinaLe: 4:04pm On Oct 01, 2019
johnaolaniran:
Please if you are heading to Berlin kindly pm me. I'm thinking we should create a WhatsApp group so we can communicate easily and help eachother where possible. Also, to our seniors that are already in Berlin please pm me as well, we will like to have your numbers too so we can add you. Some of us are coming there and we don't know anybody neither can we speak the language. It will be nice if you can help us with necessary hints, advice and guidance so we won't make avoidable mistakes. Thank you.

This is good.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Tavict: 4:29pm On Oct 01, 2019
Please, are you going for masters?
Gavrelino123:

Thanks dear,
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Nobody: 4:30pm On Oct 01, 2019
evergreen9:

Nice words of encouragement, if you don't mind me asking, what region are you in?

Bayern

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Nobody: 4:32pm On Oct 01, 2019
eddiemei:
Thanks, i appreciate your advice.

That's right...grace took me where I wasnt qualified at all...am in my 3rd semester
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by sassy92(f): 4:49pm On Oct 01, 2019
handello:

I got Env Eng. TUM. Submitted 9th May, got AL 16th August. That’s winter semester. Oh and I submitted quite late that’s why it came late. If you submit before March, you are good.
Thanks!!! I'm applying for summer, submitted my application last week. Application started 1st September so I guess I'm early

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Hollyb(f): 5:12pm On Oct 01, 2019
Good evening everyone, you are all doing a great job, please I've been searching for schools in Germany but I've not seen any where I can study nursing. I have HND in Agricultural extension and management and I want to apply for nursing science. Thanks
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by sassy92(f): 5:13pm On Oct 01, 2019
Hollyb:
Good evening everyone, you are all doing a great job, please I've been searching for schools in Germany but I've not seen any where I can study nursing. I have HND in Agricultural extension and management and I want to apply for nursing science. Thanks
To apply for Nursing, you'll need German knowledge. It'll be difficult to get English-taught Nursing courses.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Modesta24: 5:18pm On Oct 01, 2019
What category did you apply
abycash:
Please does anyone have update on when AD will be sent out? I applied last month sept 3rd and my enrollment is in january

Since they refreshed the list yesterday,i was hoping that i would have gotten my AD
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Modesta24: 5:23pm On Oct 01, 2019
Please can we start rebooking for AD or should we wait?
Elders biko what do you think �
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by NomzyJust(m): 5:26pm On Oct 01, 2019
Everything about schooling in the south so expensive. English Proficiency in FUTMINNA is 5k. Transcript local is 5k, oversea 20k.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by uzorify(m): 5:47pm On Oct 01, 2019
ShinaLe:

Isn't that de embassy site with the much needed information with it? You asking how true
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Mabel85: 6:33pm On Oct 01, 2019
[quote author=olawale360 post=82740445][/quote]

They don't use hard copies. They only allow soft copies. U only need to upload ur document with the application.

(1) (2) (3) ... (363) (364) (365) (366) (367) (368) (369) ... (605)

Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. / QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.