Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,532 members, 7,819,913 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:29 AM

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 - Travel (503) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 (620430 Views)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (500) (501) (502) (503) (504) (505) (506) ... (605) (Go Down)

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by sirtonyobi: 1:35am On Nov 15, 2019
Good morning to you all.
I want to appreciate all that have been helping out in this forum. It's really not easy. I pray God always meet you even before your point of needs.

Please I am ready to start my application and I need a little advice from anyone that can help.

1. I graduated with 3.91 on a 5 point scale. Please I want to know the German equivalent of this and what's my chances of admission?

2. I did my Bsc Accounting in a private school that is not too popular(Tansian University Umunya in Anambra) but fully accredited by Nuc and my course professional body... Institute of Chartered accountants of Nigeria (ICAN).

Please does the school you graduated from a factor to decide your admission fate?

3. I have HND and ACA(ICAN) in addition to my Bsc. Do I apply with all this or just use my Bsc to avoid too much question or complications? Or do they boost my chances?

4. Last but not least... Am trying to cut cost by avoiding writing English test. How effective is English proficiency letter from my school in getting admission? Or does this significantly reduce my chances?

Please I will also appreciate any other information like school or courses that accounting can run for masters because I noticed from my research on DAAD that Germany don't usually run accounting as a program. It is usually hidden inside other programs.

God bless us all.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by fabulouskill: 5:46am On Nov 15, 2019
Please someone should assist me, any time I want to make payment on uniassist portal it keeps telling me this page not available due to security reasons, have any body paid please I need assistance,
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by kryptonite44: 5:49am On Nov 15, 2019
fabulouskill:
Please someone should assist me, any time I want to make payment on uniassist portal it keeps telling me this page not available due to security reasons, have any body paid please I need assistance,

Contact somebody in Germany to help you make the payment.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by kryptonite44: 5:51am On Nov 15, 2019
sirtonyobi:
Good morning to you all.
I want to appreciate all that have been helping out in this forum. It's really not easy. I pray God always meet you even before your point of needs.

Please I am ready to start my application and I need a little advice from anyone that can help.

1. I graduated with 3.91 on a 5 point scale. Please I want to know the German equivalent of this and what's my chances of admission?

2. I did my Bsc Accounting in a private school that is not too popular(Tansian University Umunya in Anambra) but fully accredited by Nuc and my course professional body... Institute of Chartered accountants of Nigeria (ICAN).

Please does the school you graduated from a factor to decide your admission fate?

3. I have HND and ACA(ICAN) in addition to my Bsc. Do I apply with all this or just use my Bsc to avoid too much question or complications? Or do they boost my chances?

4. Last but not least... Am trying to cut cost by avoiding writing English test. How effective is English proficiency letter from my school in getting admission? Or does this significantly reduce my chances?

Please I will also appreciate any other information like school or courses that accounting can run for masters because I noticed from my research on DAAD that Germany don't usually run accounting as a program. It is usually hidden inside other programs.

God bless us all.

Do you want to apply for this Summer or Winter? Do you have all your documents ready?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by fabulouskill: 5:53am On Nov 15, 2019
kryptonite44:

Contact somebody in Germany to help you make the payment.
Really, thanks very much
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by kryptonite44: 6:02am On Nov 15, 2019
Please I need list of schools that are free on uni-assist.

Thank you
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Ejay99(f): 6:19am On Nov 15, 2019
Sammynelson:
Good evening great people, please I heard admission to Unipotsdam is handled by Unit assist, and I am also told that Uni-assit won't charge us for Potsdam admission( even for those that haven't use uniassit before I.e paid at all) is it still free . Please I need clarification abeg
it's still free but most of their courses you will need to have german language skills almost all the courses
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Alday: 6:47am On Nov 15, 2019
kryptonite44:
Please I need list of schools that are free on uni-assist.

Thank you

Google 'Cost Transfer Uniassist' and visit the Uniassist result.

3 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Freemanlion: 7:04am On Nov 15, 2019
I want to certify my documents at the German embassy (requirment from a certain university) and I'm in Port Harcourt.

Can they be certified without seeing the original hardcopy?, maybe by seeing the softcopy or seeing the one notarized by notary public?

How much to certify documents at the German embassy?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Sammynelson: 7:22am On Nov 15, 2019
Polymer science in potsdam is completely taught in English according to what I saw on their website

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Sammynelson: 7:25am On Nov 15, 2019
Pls which notary public did you certify your docs In PH, I'm presently in PH and would certify your docs soo. How did you go about it pls
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by JosephAdeoba(m): 7:28am On Nov 15, 2019
Sammynelson:
Pls which notary public did you certify your docs In PH, I'm presently in PH and would certify your docs soo. How did you go about it pls
. Go to any Federal High court in PH and certify your document
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by kryptonite44: 7:46am On Nov 15, 2019
Please how do I answer this?

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by ajeleseujn(m): 8:13am On Nov 15, 2019
kryptonite44:

If your undergraduate program is 4 years, put 4,0
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by dennison4luv: 8:13am On Nov 15, 2019
kryptonite44:

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Nobody: 8:38am On Nov 15, 2019
kryptonite44:
Are you applying for a scholarship?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by dipotol: 8:39am On Nov 15, 2019
Hello bosses in the house. In my quest to face my admission process, I sat down for the toefl exam and result is out, I scored 86. Meanwhile, most of the schools I want to apply for require 90/95. Are they always flexible with this? What are my chances?

Also, there is a specific school that I've been talking with the coordinator, he specifically asked me to register without the result when he saw my transcript, he said I should use my toefl registration details and then forward results later. Their toefl requirement is also 90, what should I do now?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Bibilucky1: 8:56am On Nov 15, 2019
Good morning Everyone.
Who's applying to University of Cologne. They said the application process would start this November but till today, I'm still seeing "the University has not started application"

Please, who else is in this category?

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Mikeval001: 9:01am On Nov 15, 2019
Under which students Visa category did you book you interview appointment?

ernestjino:
Finally I am going to De this semester after thinking I was going to miss it cos everything came in late at the last minute from AL to AD then BA funds and AM with Visa too
AL July 26
1st AD 2nd Sept
2nd AD 10th Oct
AM on 8th Nov
Summited passport on 12th Nov
Received Visum today 14th Nov.
Enrollment dateline 18th Nov.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by ajeleseujn(m): 9:10am On Nov 15, 2019
ernestjino:
Finally I am going to De this semester after thinking I was going to miss it cos everything came in late at the last minute from AL to AD then BA funds and AM with Visa too
AL July 26
1st AD 2nd Sept
2nd AD 10th Oct
AM on 8th Nov

Congratulations bro
Pls can you shed more light on this 1st and 2nd AD? And what was your category and the start date when you book for the interview?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by EngrEzra: 9:14am On Nov 15, 2019
Sammynelson:
Go to Federal high court, near government house, close to Moscow road in PH. I did mine on Wednesday.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Mikeval001: 9:17am On Nov 15, 2019
Firstly,you have a good grade which is sufficient to get an admission in German schools

Secondly,you have other professional certificate that can help boost your chances of getting admission

Also you can search on Daad to see schools that accept English proficiency letter from University, because there are schools that accept the letter and you don't need to write any language exams.

From all you've said,the only thing I think you should be concerned about is if the school you graduated from is recognized by the German schools.

I will suggest you visit the Daad site and start your search for schools that offers you interested course of study and also accept English proficiency letter from University.

sirtonyobi:
Good morning to you all.

God bless us all.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by sirtonyobi: 9:20am On Nov 15, 2019
Yes. I want to apply this summer. I have all documents except transcript and English letter from my school which I expect on Wednesday next week.
kryptonite44:

Do you want to apply for this Summer or Winter? Do you have all your documents ready?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by sirtonyobi: 9:24am On Nov 15, 2019
Thanks for your response. Please is there a way to know Nigeria schools that are recognize by Germany? I was thinking once a school is NUC approved, it is recognize internationally too.
Mikeval001:
Firstly,you have a good grade which is sufficient to get an admission in German schools

Secondly,you have other professional certificate that can help boost your chances of getting admission

Also you can search on Daad to see schools that accept English proficiency letter from University, because there are schools that accept the letter and you don't need to write any language exams.

From all you've said,the only thing I think you should be concerned about is if the school you graduated from is recognized by the German schools.

I will suggest you visit the Daad site and start your search for schools that offers you interested course of study and also accept English proficiency letter from University.

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Freemanlion: 10:15am On Nov 15, 2019
Freemanlion:
I want to certify my documents at the German embassy (requirment from a certain university) and I'm in Port Harcourt.

Can they be certified without seeing the original hardcopy?, maybe by seeing the softcopy or seeing the one notarized by notary public?

How much to certify documents at the German embassy?

Please o I need answer
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Yves18: 10:17am On Nov 15, 2019
Google Anabin website and check there. You can as well write to your course coordinator and inquire
sirtonyobi:
Thanks for your response. Please is there a way to know Nigeria schools that are recognize by Germany? I was thinking once a school is NUC approved, it is recognize internationally too.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Yves18: 10:23am On Nov 15, 2019
Congratulations!

They gave your visa fast after submission. Did you go to the Consulate and plead with them? Please how did you do this?

ernestjino:
AL July 26
1st AD 2nd Sept
2nd AD 10th Oct
AM on 8th Nov

2 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by kryptonite44: 11:26am On Nov 15, 2019
Please I need schools that one can apply via uniassist but are free.....I mean the once that the schools do pay the uniassist fees.

Thanks
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Bills2307(m): 12:17pm On Nov 15, 2019
kryptonite44:
Please I need schools that one can apply via uniassist but are free.....I mean the once that the schools do pay the uniassist fees.

Thanks
Baba your answer is just above you.
See am below

Alday:

Google 'Cost Transfer Uniassist' and visit the Uniassist result.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Freemanlion: 1:28pm On Nov 15, 2019
Please who has certified documents in Germany embassy

To certify documents would you need to book appointment?

Is it the same with booking appointent for visa?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by JosephAdeoba(m): 1:59pm On Nov 15, 2019
Freemanlion:
Please who has certified documents in Germany embassy

To certify documents would you need to book appointment?

Is it the same with booking appointent for visa?
. Yes you need to book appointment to certify documents at the German embassy First of all read this https://service2.diplo.de/rktermin/extern/choose_category.do?locationCode=lago&realmId=695&categoryId=1157. Then Apply for Appointment here you will see different available dates. https://service2.diplo.de/rktermin/extern/appointment_showMonth.do?locationCode=lago&realmId=695&categoryId=1157

2 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by kosky(f): 3:32pm On Nov 15, 2019
Visum Alert!

What a journey.

DAAD scholarship application submission: October 31, 2018

I submitted a few hours to the deadline. I was pregnant and my brain felt like it was stuffed with cotton wool. I had to write a PhD proposal and my brain was just not working. I almost gave up but my husband keep pushing and encouraging me. It's still a miracle how I was able to beat the deadline.

DAAD Scholarship: March 13

I gave birth to my daughter on the same day. Double blessing. No, the excitement didn't push me into labour. My baby came first. grin

AD: July 18

Got there before 6am. I was the first person they attended to because I was a breastfeeding mother. Mr Paulinus was very gentle and kind.

The VO told me I applied too early and that I would have to go back and book a new appointment in October. I almost broke down in tears. I had travelled from the east to Lagos with my husband and my little baby because I was exclusively breastfeeding. Spent almost 200k on return flight tickets and hotel bills and dude wanted to send me back. Ha! I started begging with everything in me. Thankfully, he was able to get permission from his superior to accept my application. However, he told me that it would not be processed till October. Pheew!

I didn't post an interview transcript because there was none! He just took my documents and got my biometrics and told me that the interview was over. I was confused. He wanted to return my passport and I told him to keep it. I mean, I had submitted my application with my insurance documents so, there was really no point for me to have to send the passport later.

The VO was really nice and cheerful.

AM: October 21st

They just requested for my travel date. I responded on the same date. And then the wait began. I saw people getting their visa few days after AM and I was wondering why they had forgotten me. Fear. Anxiety. Confusion. I started sending emails. No response. Because my prepaid envelope was more than 3 months, I couldn't track it. I didn't know if they had sent it and got missing along the way. Emailed dhl last week and they had to check their archives and confirmed that it hadn't been sent. I called the embassy, the lady told me to check back next week. I decided to take my mind off it and focus on my work. Voila!

Visum: November 15

Start date: December 2

Thanks guys for all the updates! Here is to more AMs and Visa. And scholarship!

24 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (500) (501) (502) (503) (504) (505) (506) ... (605)

Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. / QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.