Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,597 members, 7,812,957 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:42 PM

Funmi Bank-Anthony: My Grandfather Had 48 Houses In Lagos But Willed Us Nothing - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Funmi Bank-Anthony: My Grandfather Had 48 Houses In Lagos But Willed Us Nothing (47896 Views)

Davido's Grandfather, Ayoola Adeleke, With US Farmers Union President (Photo) / My Grandpa Had 48 Houses In Lagos, But Willed Nothing To Us - Actress Funmi Bank / Tiwa Savage Mobbed At A Beach In Lagos, But It Got A Bit Crazy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Funmi Bank-Anthony: My Grandfather Had 48 Houses In Lagos But Willed Us Nothing by GistReport: 9:20am On Jul 13, 2019
Actress Funmi Bank-Anthony opened up on her family background and how it rubbed off on her in the decisions she takes, in a new interview.

The granddaughter of late Sir Mobolaji Bank-Anthony, also dispelled claims of riding on the name of her late grandfather to achieve some level of success in the movie industry. She said in the interview with The Sun,

Yes, the name is household but I don’t think it has had any impact on my life and career. I can’t go to any bank and withdraw money with that name. He has done his bit when he was alive. He had his name and I am trying to make mine too. I am not even half way where I want to be, even though it is a name people can easily associate themselves with.

Funmi Bank-Anthony further revealed that her grandfather willed his 48 houses in Lagos to the motherless, as she talked about taking up the philanthropic course;

It started with my grandfather, Sam Mobolaji Bank-Anthony. When he died, he wrote in his will that all his belongings be donated to the less privileged, even including the spoons. He had about 48 houses in Lagos and he declared that all be given to the motherless (children) and that is so huge for me, because I see it that he left us to suffer. If he had left the houses in Lagos for us, I would be a multi-billionaire today, even as a grandchild. He was one of the richest men in Nigeria and he didn’t leave anything for us. That was deep for me. I see it that the things you boast of today can be taken away from you within the twinkling of an eye. It then dawned on me that I could lose the things I have. So, philanthropy came out of the fear of losing the things I have. So, I would rather give it out than lose them when I am gone, though some people take you for granted when they know you are excessively nice.

See more; http://gistmore.com/my-grandfather-had-48-houses-in-lagos-but-willed-nothing-to-us-actress-funmi-bank-anthony

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Funmi Bank-Anthony: My Grandfather Had 48 Houses In Lagos But Willed Us Nothing by GistReport: 9:21am On Jul 13, 2019
kiss
Re: Funmi Bank-Anthony: My Grandfather Had 48 Houses In Lagos But Willed Us Nothing by Nobody: 9:30am On Jul 13, 2019
Nice Gesture for the foolish.

It is better to set up a Trust and hire a Law Firm to manage the Estates in Trust for future bloodlines instead of willing it 100% to the less privileged who will not recognize the virtue of hard work.

10%-40% is okay for philanthropy.

Bank Anthony may have been badly hurt so bad by his family and kids that he had to do away with his wealth upon death. Probably did not want to hand over his assets to ingrates.

I could be wrong, and there is nothing absolutely wrong in being wrong.

Addenda:

I noticed a lot of discordance from commentators with zero knowledge about the mechanics of the Universe and the dynamics of Bloodlines Development, so I have to make some more additions to my earlier post. I can not respond to mentally virgin minds.

By my standard of calibration, Bank-Anthony (RIP) was not wealthy, and he threw the little he had away. My standards are the Rockefellers, Walton, Koch, Walmart, Rothschild, etc. Those are my kinds of levels on wealth calibration metrics. We do not work for ourselves alone. It is foolish to work so hard if it is just for you. Universal level intelligent souls work to build bloodlines that can focus more on Research & Development and not survival, for at least 1000years and that is 10 generations of planning and administration of wealth.

By my standard of calibration, he missed the entire points about building wealth for a bloodline. We do not work so hard for ourselves alone, we work so hard to ensure that our next 10 generations over the next 1000 years will not have to reinvent the wheel. That is why black people and many other people waste all their money on expensive toys and other liabilities and leave nothing at death.

Bank-Anthony may have been your Hero, but to me, his decision was very unwise.

QED.

254 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Funmi Bank-Anthony: My Grandfather Had 48 Houses In Lagos But Willed Us Nothing by Mrop(m): 9:49am On Jul 13, 2019
Wat av u done??

2 Likes

Re: Funmi Bank-Anthony: My Grandfather Had 48 Houses In Lagos But Willed Us Nothing by kiyosaki1(m): 10:47am On Jul 13, 2019
The man had no biological offspring, keep lying. Probably her dad is a close relative of the man.

52 Likes 1 Share

Re: Funmi Bank-Anthony: My Grandfather Had 48 Houses In Lagos But Willed Us Nothing by seancombs617: 11:21am On Jul 13, 2019
If your parent or other families didn't offend him o..that man na wicked bastahd

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Funmi Bank-Anthony: My Grandfather Had 48 Houses In Lagos But Willed Us Nothing by indiegen: 11:58am On Jul 13, 2019
Some names can't be scratched off in the memory of Nigerians such and Bank- Anthony, Dantata, Ojora, Tinubu( it doesn't start with bola Tinubu) and more, those names are nor common nowadays you see Aregbesola from ogbomosho ,Obasanjo from Osun but these aforementioned names you asked and they say either bro you know who they are.

They all have paid their dues.

8 Likes

Re: Funmi Bank-Anthony: My Grandfather Had 48 Houses In Lagos But Willed Us Nothing by Nobody: 12:02pm On Jul 13, 2019
But why would she be wearing a mask to take a photo? undecided

Is that the new style in town? undecided

10 Likes

Re: Funmi Bank-Anthony: My Grandfather Had 48 Houses In Lagos But Willed Us Nothing by Cutefergieee: 12:51pm On Jul 13, 2019
Ok
Re: Funmi Bank-Anthony: My Grandfather Had 48 Houses In Lagos But Willed Us Nothing by SUCKCESSFUL: 12:52pm On Jul 13, 2019
I'd Rather Keep Quite.

2 Likes

Re: Funmi Bank-Anthony: My Grandfather Had 48 Houses In Lagos But Willed Us Nothing by micfoley: 12:53pm On Jul 13, 2019
48 houses? And he didn't leave a single one for his kids?

The man harsh o

5 Likes

Re: Funmi Bank-Anthony: My Grandfather Had 48 Houses In Lagos But Willed Us Nothing by Nobody: 12:53pm On Jul 13, 2019
So are the less privileged better off today

14 Likes

Re: Funmi Bank-Anthony: My Grandfather Had 48 Houses In Lagos But Willed Us Nothing by mattonnairaland: 12:53pm On Jul 13, 2019
That's a good grandfather

7 Likes

Re: Funmi Bank-Anthony: My Grandfather Had 48 Houses In Lagos But Willed Us Nothing by Imoh555(m): 12:53pm On Jul 13, 2019
Lies

4 Likes

Re: Funmi Bank-Anthony: My Grandfather Had 48 Houses In Lagos But Willed Us Nothing by chloride6: 12:53pm On Jul 13, 2019
VRDroid:
Nice Gesture for the foolish.

It is better to set up a Trust and hire a Law Firm to manage the Estates in Trust for future bloodlines instead of willing it 100% to the less privileged who will not recognize the virtue of hard work.

10%-40% is okay for philanthropy.

Bank Anthony may have been badly hurt so bad by his family and kids that he had to do away with his wealth upon death. Probably did not want to hand over his assets to ingrates.

I could be wrong, and there is nothing absolutely wrong in being wrong.

Not if you have entitled family members

5 Likes

Re: Funmi Bank-Anthony: My Grandfather Had 48 Houses In Lagos But Willed Us Nothing by AntiWailer: 12:54pm On Jul 13, 2019
Nice
Re: Funmi Bank-Anthony: My Grandfather Had 48 Houses In Lagos But Willed Us Nothing by melanch(m): 12:54pm On Jul 13, 2019
If I have that kind of money, my generation will enjoy that wealth and still pass it on. No one will suffer. What's the use of wealth when your kids don't enjoy it. Well, it is his money and he has the right to will to whoever.

Get a smart business website for just 31k. https://www.nairaland.com/5297801/need-beautiful-affordable-website-business

1 Like

Re: Funmi Bank-Anthony: My Grandfather Had 48 Houses In Lagos But Willed Us Nothing by overall90: 12:54pm On Jul 13, 2019
48 Houses shocked

he must be Timipri Silva role model
Re: Funmi Bank-Anthony: My Grandfather Had 48 Houses In Lagos But Willed Us Nothing by naptu2: 12:54pm On Jul 13, 2019
Sir Mobolaji Bank-Anthony donated Ayinke House, which was probably the best children and maternity hospital at that time, to the Lagos State Government c1989.

He donated huge sums of money to charity, but he was a very humble man and he ensured that his charitable works were not publicised.

He wrote in his will that he did not want the government to name anything after him when he died, but the government disobeyed him and President Babangida renamed Airport Road and it became Mobolaji Bank-Anthony Way.

The Lagos State Government also named a school after him.

60 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Funmi Bank-Anthony: My Grandfather Had 48 Houses In Lagos But Willed Us Nothing by salt1: 12:55pm On Jul 13, 2019
I think he never had a son.
He was looking for better ways of immortalizing himself

7 Likes

Re: Funmi Bank-Anthony: My Grandfather Had 48 Houses In Lagos But Willed Us Nothing by Monaco2(m): 12:55pm On Jul 13, 2019
If this na true, the man wicked o chai shocked

He died 28 years ago but still.....DAMNNNN

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Funmi Bank-Anthony: My Grandfather Had 48 Houses In Lagos But Willed Us Nothing by omoadeleye(m): 12:55pm On Jul 13, 2019
Maybe your grandfather is just a caretaker of those houses

2 Likes

Re: Funmi Bank-Anthony: My Grandfather Had 48 Houses In Lagos But Willed Us Nothing by ictjobber: 12:56pm On Jul 13, 2019
Check well... He is not related to y'all in anyway

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Funmi Bank-Anthony: My Grandfather Had 48 Houses In Lagos But Willed Us Nothing by Nobody: 12:56pm On Jul 13, 2019
Wow that's cold, not leaving anything for your children.

2 Likes

Re: Funmi Bank-Anthony: My Grandfather Had 48 Houses In Lagos But Willed Us Nothing by Femston: 12:56pm On Jul 13, 2019
Thank God he gave you guys education

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Funmi Bank-Anthony: My Grandfather Had 48 Houses In Lagos But Willed Us Nothing by kazyhm(m): 12:56pm On Jul 13, 2019
I heard he had no biological child.......how come he left behind a granddaughter ?

I heard he built the maternity ward in lasuth and named it after his mother Ayinke and reason they call it Ayinke House

His statue is facing you as you descend Ikeja bridge going toward the Arik office

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Funmi Bank-Anthony: My Grandfather Had 48 Houses In Lagos But Willed Us Nothing by MrImole: 12:56pm On Jul 13, 2019
My dad had zero and willed everything to us.

40 Likes

Re: Funmi Bank-Anthony: My Grandfather Had 48 Houses In Lagos But Willed Us Nothing by Mateen1000: 12:57pm On Jul 13, 2019
Seriously undecided

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Harrysong Performs For Regina Daniels And Ned Nwoko In Asaba, She Rocks Him / Flavour Smoking, Pictured With Timaya / Nathaniel Bassey On Absence Of Anita Ebhodaghe At Daughter, Sharon's Wedding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.