Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,490 members, 7,830,467 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:53 PM

Funmi Bank-Anthony: My Grandfather Had 48 Houses In Lagos But Willed Us Nothing - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Funmi Bank-Anthony: My Grandfather Had 48 Houses In Lagos But Willed Us Nothing (47927 Views)

Davido's Grandfather, Ayoola Adeleke, With US Farmers Union President (Photo) / My Grandpa Had 48 Houses In Lagos, But Willed Nothing To Us - Actress Funmi Bank / Tiwa Savage Mobbed At A Beach In Lagos, But It Got A Bit Crazy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Funmi Bank-Anthony: My Grandfather Had 48 Houses In Lagos But Willed Us Nothing by JuanDeDios: 12:57pm On Jul 13, 2019
VRDroid:
Nice Gesture for the foolish.

It is better to set up a Trust and hire a Law Firm to manage the Estates in Trust for future bloodlines instead of willing it 100% to the less privileged who will not recognize the virtue of hard work.

10%-40% is okay for philanthropy.

Bank Anthony may have been badly hurt so bad by his family and kids that he had to do away with his wealth upon death. Probably did not want to hand over his assets to ingrates.

I could be wrong, and there is nothing absolutely wrong in being wrong.

Like she said, that gesture is deep. Folks like you would never comprehend it.

2 Likes

Re: Funmi Bank-Anthony: My Grandfather Had 48 Houses In Lagos But Willed Us Nothing by iammo(m): 12:57pm On Jul 13, 2019
grin

Very Foolish man brainwashed by western doctorine...

Mumu should know that as Africans we believe in incarnation and rebirth, even the Royal British believes in it and thats why the keep their bloodline clean and live family estates and wealth within the Bloodline no matter what.

Even your bible says sins of the father would be revisited on till the 8th Generation and Abrahams Bloodline was the bloodline of most prophet including Jesus and Mohamed

2 Likes

Re: Funmi Bank-Anthony: My Grandfather Had 48 Houses In Lagos But Willed Us Nothing by Bscholarly: 12:58pm On Jul 13, 2019
What a story. Some parents are absurd shaa. Well, thank God for today and live on!!

Visit my awesome education website using this link: https://bscholarly.com

1 Like

Re: Funmi Bank-Anthony: My Grandfather Had 48 Houses In Lagos But Willed Us Nothing by GEEBITE: 12:58pm On Jul 13, 2019
God bless you for this fact.The man did not want squabbles over his wealth by indolent relatives.See how slaves took over Madam's Tinubu wealth and name now.
kiyosaki1:
The man had no biological offspring, keep lying. Probably her dad is a close relative of the man.

1 Like

Re: Funmi Bank-Anthony: My Grandfather Had 48 Houses In Lagos But Willed Us Nothing by Asapkiller(m): 12:58pm On Jul 13, 2019
So u want us to beliv dis ur story abii?

1 Like

Re: Funmi Bank-Anthony: My Grandfather Had 48 Houses In Lagos But Willed Us Nothing by Chiefochiefo(m): 12:58pm On Jul 13, 2019
Yoruba abi? undecided
Re: Funmi Bank-Anthony: My Grandfather Had 48 Houses In Lagos But Willed Us Nothing by osejie17(m): 12:59pm On Jul 13, 2019
A good Father leaves inheritance for his children children no matter how bad the situation is.

6 Likes

Re: Funmi Bank-Anthony: My Grandfather Had 48 Houses In Lagos But Willed Us Nothing by TOPCRUISE(m): 12:59pm On Jul 13, 2019
Lol. She said she can't use that name to withdraw any money from any bank
Re: Funmi Bank-Anthony: My Grandfather Had 48 Houses In Lagos But Willed Us Nothing by naptu2: 1:00pm On Jul 13, 2019
naptu2:
Sir Mobolaji Bank-Anthony donated Ayinke House, which was probably the best children and maternity hospital at that time, to the Lagos State Government c1989.

He donated huge sums of money to charity, but he was a very humble man and he ensured that his charitable works were not publicised.

He wrote in his will that he did not want the government to name anything after him when he died, but the government disobeyed him and President Babangida renamed Airport Road and it became Mobolaji Bank-Anthony Way.

The Lagos State Government also named a school after him.
Re: Funmi Bank-Anthony: My Grandfather Had 48 Houses In Lagos But Willed Us Nothing by pyro62(m): 1:01pm On Jul 13, 2019
Is he a ritualist?

1 Like

Re: Funmi Bank-Anthony: My Grandfather Had 48 Houses In Lagos But Willed Us Nothing by oglalasioux(m): 1:01pm On Jul 13, 2019
kiyosaki1:
The man had no biological offspring, keep lying. Probably her dad is a close relative of the man.

Very very true.

1 Like

Re: Funmi Bank-Anthony: My Grandfather Had 48 Houses In Lagos But Willed Us Nothing by Nobody: 1:01pm On Jul 13, 2019
probably because none of you were his #BIOLOGICAL children!...

bank Anthony only had #ADOPTED children...

.....but he should have left something for them nevertheless.

9 Likes

Re: Funmi Bank-Anthony: My Grandfather Had 48 Houses In Lagos But Willed Us Nothing by lastempero: 1:01pm On Jul 13, 2019
My role model,I have the same plan.what I owe my children is sound training which I will give them but na them go hustle there money so they can appreciate life the more.

5 Likes

Re: Funmi Bank-Anthony: My Grandfather Had 48 Houses In Lagos But Willed Us Nothing by Daboomb: 1:02pm On Jul 13, 2019
VRDroid:

It is better to set up a Trust and hire a Law Firm to manage the Estates in Trust for future bloodlines instead of willing it 100% to the less privileged who will not recognize the virtue of hard work.

Bank Anthony may have been badly hurt so bad by his family and kids that he had to do away with his wealth upon death. Probably did not want to hand over his assets to ingrates.

Thank God you knew you were absolutely WRONG.
You have no idea what it means to be 'underprivileged', for example, an ORPHAN.

Bank Anthony amde a bold statement to his offsprings : Dont depend on Inheritance, struggle and make it for yourself.
Mayny lives have been destroyed by this idea of "My Papa get many Houses".

Otedola, Jim Ovia, Obasanjo, Atiku an dmany more rich people did not inherit anything from their father but they still made their own money.

2 Likes

Re: Funmi Bank-Anthony: My Grandfather Had 48 Houses In Lagos But Willed Us Nothing by ivolt: 1:02pm On Jul 13, 2019
He is her your grandfather.
Even if he is. Only her father owes you an inheritance.
Re: Funmi Bank-Anthony: My Grandfather Had 48 Houses In Lagos But Willed Us Nothing by lastempero: 1:03pm On Jul 13, 2019
osejie17:
A good Father leaves inheritance for his children children no matter how bad the situation is.

Sound Education and tutelage na still inheritance oo.

4 Likes

Re: Funmi Bank-Anthony: My Grandfather Had 48 Houses In Lagos But Willed Us Nothing by goldenarrow: 1:03pm On Jul 13, 2019
MrImole:
My dad had zero and willed everything to us.
He was generous then, he willed you his entire zeroes!

2 Likes

Re: Funmi Bank-Anthony: My Grandfather Had 48 Houses In Lagos But Willed Us Nothing by ivolt: 1:03pm On Jul 13, 2019
pyro62:
Is he a ritualist?
Yes. If you are an illiterate.

7 Likes

Re: Funmi Bank-Anthony: My Grandfather Had 48 Houses In Lagos But Willed Us Nothing by Nobody: 1:04pm On Jul 13, 2019
GistReport:
Actress Funmi Bank-Anthony opened up on her family background and how it rubbed off on her in the decisions she takes, in a new interview.

The granddaughter of late Sir Mobolaji Bank-Anthony, also dispelled claims of riding on the name of her late grandfather to achieve some level of success in the movie industry. She said in the interview with The Sun,

Yes, the name is household but I don’t think it has had any impact on my life and career. I can’t go to any bank and withdraw money with that name. He has done his bit when he was alive. He had his name and I am trying to make mine too. I am not even half way where I want to be, even though it is a name people can easily associate themselves with.

Funmi Bank-Anthony further revealed that her grandfather willed his 48 houses in Lagos to the motherless, as she talked about taking up the philanthropic course;

It started with my grandfather, Sam Mobolaji Bank-Anthony. When he died, he wrote in his will that all his belongings be donated to the less privileged, even including the spoons. He had about 48 houses in Lagos and he declared that all be given to the motherless (children) and that is so huge for me, because I see it that he left us to suffer. If he had left the houses in Lagos for us, I would be a multi-billionaire today, even as a grandchild. He was one of the richest men in Nigeria and he didn’t leave anything for us. That was deep for me. I see it that the things you boast of today can be taken away from you within the twinkling of an eye. It then dawned on me that I could lose the things I have. So, philanthropy came out of the fear of losing the things I have. So, I would rather give it out than lose them when I am gone, though some people take you for granted when they know you are excessively nice.

See more; http://gistmore.com/my-grandfather-had-48-houses-in-lagos-but-willed-nothing-to-us-actress-funmi-bank-anthony

Stop the lies woman

1 Like

Re: Funmi Bank-Anthony: My Grandfather Had 48 Houses In Lagos But Willed Us Nothing by greypencils: 1:04pm On Jul 13, 2019
omoadeleye:
Maybe your grandfather is just a caretaker of those houses
Dont say what you dont know. Mobolaji Bank Anthony was one time richest Man in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Funmi Bank-Anthony: My Grandfather Had 48 Houses In Lagos But Willed Us Nothing by nasoeb: 1:04pm On Jul 13, 2019
I always count myself special and lucky for sharing just the same day of birth with an Icon in the Nigerian Project.
Please Nairalanders, show some love, because today is my special day, my one day amongst the 365, My Birthday.
Let the "Likes & Shares" keep rolling in.
Thanks.

10 Likes

Re: Funmi Bank-Anthony: My Grandfather Had 48 Houses In Lagos But Willed Us Nothing by nnokwa042(m): 1:05pm On Jul 13, 2019
VRDroid:

you said it all,something is wrong some where, is either they don't look after him only waiting for him to die so they can share his properties so out of anger he wills everything thing to the motherless,

3 Likes

Re: Funmi Bank-Anthony: My Grandfather Had 48 Houses In Lagos But Willed Us Nothing by ivolt: 1:05pm On Jul 13, 2019
osejie17:
The impostor ignored her own father and was dissing the alleged grandfather.

9 Likes

Re: Funmi Bank-Anthony: My Grandfather Had 48 Houses In Lagos But Willed Us Nothing by sonofElElyon: 1:05pm On Jul 13, 2019
It was his wealth.. And his right to do with it as he pleased..

VRDroid:

2 Likes

Re: Funmi Bank-Anthony: My Grandfather Had 48 Houses In Lagos But Willed Us Nothing by ivolt: 1:07pm On Jul 13, 2019
TOPCRUISE:
Lol. She said she can't withdraw use that name to withdraw any money from any bank
Yet, she stuck to the name instead of her unknown father.

1 Like

Re: Funmi Bank-Anthony: My Grandfather Had 48 Houses In Lagos But Willed Us Nothing by Daboomb: 1:07pm On Jul 13, 2019
osejie17:

This statement is also in the Scriptures but the Inheritance being referred to is not "physical properties".....it is GoodWill, Good training, Good Education and Good Name.

If you give your children all the above as 'inheritance' you have already given them more than any number of houses that can be counted.

How many houses did the father of the Steve Jobs, Mike Zucherberg, Otedola, Jim Ovia, et.c., leave for them as inheritance, if not the things l mentioned above?
Do you know how many houses all these people can own or own today, despite not inheriting any from their parents?
Re: Funmi Bank-Anthony: My Grandfather Had 48 Houses In Lagos But Willed Us Nothing by wabbyland(m): 1:08pm On Jul 13, 2019
The man was truly a multibillionaire, from mobolaji bank Anthony school in sabo, yaba to many other things to mobolaji bank Anthony ward in Igbobi hospital, where I work. That man truly had money but I thought he didn't give birth?
Re: Funmi Bank-Anthony: My Grandfather Had 48 Houses In Lagos But Willed Us Nothing by Nobody: 1:11pm On Jul 13, 2019
something must be wrong for ur grand daddy not to will anything to u guys.even if has to give something to the less priviledged at least he will keep something for u guys.this one wey im pack everything give d poor wetin una family do to make am vex.

1 Like

Re: Funmi Bank-Anthony: My Grandfather Had 48 Houses In Lagos But Willed Us Nothing by naptu2: 1:11pm On Jul 13, 2019
wabbyland:
The man was truly a multibillionaire, from mobolaji bank Anthony school in sabo, yaba to many other things to mobolaji bank Anthony ward in Igbobi hospital, where I work. That man truly had money but I thought he didn't give birth?

He adopted many children.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Funmi Bank-Anthony: My Grandfather Had 48 Houses In Lagos But Willed Us Nothing by Originalsly: 1:11pm On Jul 13, 2019
GistReport:

If he had left the houses in Lagos for us, I would be a multi-billionaire today, even as a grandchild.

Hmmm.... shouldn't that be for her father/mother?...who really is the man's child for her to be the granddaughter? But this statement shows entitlement.... if that's her family mentality I can understand why the guy rather will.away everything to unknowns.

3 Likes

Re: Funmi Bank-Anthony: My Grandfather Had 48 Houses In Lagos But Willed Us Nothing by ofuonyebi: 1:12pm On Jul 13, 2019
That is to tell every one who has ears to hear, that you brought nothing to this world when you were coming in

You will also leave naked without nothing when you are going...so, stop be-laboring yourself everyday working

hard to pile up wealth and money for the fools probably that are going to squander them 2morrow

labour for only what you can eat and have fun with fear of God..by this wisdom you will be fulfilled

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Photo Of Di'ja And Her Husband On Their Wedding Day / Flavour Smoking, Pictured With Timaya / Chika Ike Graduates From Harvard Business School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.