Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,334 members, 7,829,848 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:37 PM

Funmi Bank-Anthony: My Grandfather Had 48 Houses In Lagos But Willed Us Nothing - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Funmi Bank-Anthony: My Grandfather Had 48 Houses In Lagos But Willed Us Nothing (47924 Views)

Davido's Grandfather, Ayoola Adeleke, With US Farmers Union President (Photo) / My Grandpa Had 48 Houses In Lagos, But Willed Nothing To Us - Actress Funmi Bank / Tiwa Savage Mobbed At A Beach In Lagos, But It Got A Bit Crazy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Funmi Bank-Anthony: My Grandfather Had 48 Houses In Lagos But Willed Us Nothing by Nobody: 7:31pm On Jul 13, 2019
Adeyinka123:

He just lost my respect for him een in post-mortem. Many of the charity(NGO) owners would have cornered those properties. Bad legacy. Trust Fund would have been far better.

He probably chased money and wealth without a slight understanding of the nature of existence and how to build a legacy for his generations.

A clear case of a man who depends on people's opinion and was guided by his morality and emotion instead of Divine Purpose.

God or Universe or what ever people choose to call this, is not stupid. Money is hard to make, it is our Natural Energy Yield, we are expected to further our DNA strings and future generations with Intelligence and mechanics of advancing the future of the Universe with the blessings we gain.

It is the reason we work so hard. We are not here for Charity and Philantropy, we are here to Advance Creation and our bloodline should and must be tutored on the purpose of the Universe in order to further the Divine Cause.

It is why I love the wealthiest 1%. It is the chief reason I can only dine with the Awakened and Illuminated. I do not care how much money, you have, as long as you have zero knowledge of the purpose of existence, then it is a fucck you to such level of ignorance.

2 Likes

Re: Funmi Bank-Anthony: My Grandfather Had 48 Houses In Lagos But Willed Us Nothing by ogbonti: 7:55pm On Jul 13, 2019
micfoley:
48 houses? And he didn't leave a single one for his kids?

The man harsh o

Na Ogboni things.... they are the ones who do weird things like that. An ogboni man will give millions to a stranger as help and his own children can find garri to soak at home with groundnut
Re: Funmi Bank-Anthony: My Grandfather Had 48 Houses In Lagos But Willed Us Nothing by naptu2: 7:58pm On Jul 13, 2019
naptu2:
This, for me, was the definition of heaven. Cold chocolate! The orange flavour was good, but the chocolate. . .pure heaven!

Foremost dairies (Sir Mobolaji Bank-Anthony) made Samco.

UAC made Wall's Ice Cream (including Big Dip and Supreme). All Wall's ice creams have now been rebranded as Supreme Ice Cream.

FAN made FANIce and FAN Yogo.

Check out the prices! www.nairaland.com/attachments/6889673_img20180327wa0002_jpegbf464a84a42ccf30a8fc1699551045dc

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Funmi Bank-Anthony: My Grandfather Had 48 Houses In Lagos But Willed Us Nothing by naptu2: 7:59pm On Jul 13, 2019
grin

How times have changed. Many cannot understand what Sir Bank-Anthony did because values have changed.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Funmi Bank-Anthony: My Grandfather Had 48 Houses In Lagos But Willed Us Nothing by Skelewu: 8:17pm On Jul 13, 2019
Daboomb:

Thank God you knew you were absolutely WRONG.
You have no idea what it means to be 'underprivileged', for example, an ORPHAN.

Bank Anthony amde a bold statement to his offsprings : Dont depend on Inheritance, struggle and make it for yourself.
Mayny lives have been destroyed by this idea of "My Papa get many Houses".

Otedola, Jim Ovia, Obasanjo, Atiku an dmany more rich people did not inherit anything from their father but they still made their own money.

Otedollar came from a rich family tho.
Re: Funmi Bank-Anthony: My Grandfather Had 48 Houses In Lagos But Willed Us Nothing by panini(m): 8:24pm On Jul 13, 2019
VRDroid:
Nice Gesture for the foolish.

It is better to set up a Trust and hire a Law Firm to manage the Estates in Trust for future bloodlines instead of willing it 100% to the less privileged who will not recognize the virtue of hard work.

10%-40% is okay for philanthropy.

Bank Anthony may have been badly hurt so bad by his family and kids that he had to do away with his wealth upon death. Probably did not want to hand over his assets to ingrates.

I could be wrong, and there is nothing absolutely wrong in being wrong.

Addenda:

I noticed a lot of discordance from commentators with zero knowledge about the mechanics of the Universe and the dynamics of Bloodlines Development, so I have to make some more additions to my earlier post. I can not respond to mentally virgin minds.

By my standard of calibration, Bank-Anthony (RIP) was not wealthy, and he threw the little he had away. My standards are the Rockefellers, Walton, Koch, Walmart, Rothschild, etc. Those are my kinds of levels on wealth calibration metrics. We do not work for ourselves alone. It is foolish to work so hard if it is just for you. Universal level intelligent souls work to build bloodlines that can focus more on Research & Development and not survival, for at least 1000years and that is 10 generations of planning and administration of wealth.

By my standard of calibration, he missed the entire points about building wealth for a bloodline. We do not work so hard for ourselves alone, we work so hard to ensure that our next 10 generations over the next 1000 years will not have to reinvent the wheel. That is why black people and many other people waste all their money on expensive toys and other liabilities and leave nothing at death.

Bank-Anthony may have been your Hero, but to me, his decision was very unwise.

QED.

I fully agree with your post. Many are suffering because their parents left nothing to them. I believe it's our "show off" culture from generations back.
Re: Funmi Bank-Anthony: My Grandfather Had 48 Houses In Lagos But Willed Us Nothing by nasoeb: 8:43pm On Jul 13, 2019
BENEAMATA:
me pleasure bro , enjoy the rest of a great day .
Thanks, realy appreciate, am out having fun.
Thanks to everyone who showed love.

1 Like

Re: Funmi Bank-Anthony: My Grandfather Had 48 Houses In Lagos But Willed Us Nothing by dshort12: 10:31pm On Jul 13, 2019
they 'll neva hustle......farmtool
Re: Funmi Bank-Anthony: My Grandfather Had 48 Houses In Lagos But Willed Us Nothing by 9jaRealist: 7:52am On Jul 14, 2019
GistReport:
Actress Funmi Bank-Anthony opened up on her family background and how it rubbed off on her in the decisions she takes, in a new interview.

The granddaughter of late Sir Mobolaji Bank-Anthony, also dispelled claims of riding on the name of her late grandfather to achieve some level of success in the movie industry. She said in the interview with The Sun,

Yes, the name is household but I don’t think it has had any impact on my life and career. I can’t go to any bank and withdraw money with that name. He has done his bit when he was alive. He had his name and I am trying to make mine too. I am not even half way where I want to be, even though it is a name people can easily associate themselves with.

Funmi Bank-Anthony further revealed that her grandfather willed his 48 houses in Lagos to the motherless, as she talked about taking up the philanthropic course;

It started with my grandfather, Sam Mobolaji Bank-Anthony. When he died, he wrote in his will that all his belongings be donated to the less privileged, even including the spoons. He had about 48 houses in Lagos and he declared that all be given to the motherless (children) and that is so huge for me, because I see it that he left us to suffer. If he had left the houses in Lagos for us, I would be a multi-billionaire today, even as a grandchild. He was one of the richest men in Nigeria and he didn’t leave anything for us. That was deep for me. I see it that the things you boast of today can be taken away from you within the twinkling of an eye. It then dawned on me that I could lose the things I have. So, philanthropy came out of the fear of losing the things I have. So, I would rather give it out than lose them when I am gone, though some people take you for granted when they know you are excessively nice.

See more; http://gistmore.com/my-grandfather-had-48-houses-in-lagos-but-willed-nothing-to-us-actress-funmi-bank-anthony

In the money-centric culture of present-day Nigeria, some folks are too ignorant to realize the inestimable value of GOODWILL... undecided
Aunty, you'll likely be surprised how often your 'file' was prompted attended to or doors opened/access granted just because of that name.
>
Re: Funmi Bank-Anthony: My Grandfather Had 48 Houses In Lagos But Willed Us Nothing by 9jaRealist: 8:05am On Jul 14, 2019
panini:
I fully agree with your post. Many are suffering because their parents left nothing to them. I believe it's our "show off" culture from generations back.
VRDroid:

He probably chased money and wealth without a slight understanding of the nature of existence and how to build a legacy for his generations.

A clear case of a man who depends on people's opinion and was guided by his morality and emotion instead of Divine Purpose.

God or Universe or what ever people choose to call this, is not stupid. Money is hard to make, it is our Natural Energy Yield, we are expected to further our DNA strings and future generations with Intelligence and mechanics of advancing the future of the Universe with the blessings we gain.

It is the reason we work so hard. We are not here for Charity and Philantropy, we are here to Advance Creation and our bloodline should and must be tutored on the purpose of the Universe in order to further the Divine Cause.

It is why I love the wealthiest 1%. It is the chief reason I can only dine with the Awakened and Illuminated. I do not care how much money, you have, as long as you have zero knowledge of the purpose of existence, then it is a fucck you to such level of ignorance.

Tell that to Bill Gates or Warren Buffet whose inheritance plans will reportedly leave about 95% of wealth to charity...
With Buffet bequeathing his family only a small amount of Berkshire Hathaway stock and some real estate properties.

Not making your grandkids incredibly wealthy for doing nothing more than winning the 'lottery' of birth is not necessarily punitive...
Rather, some wealthy people who've actually created wealth believe in promoting self-sufficiency and a strong work ethic in their families.

PS: Of course even 5% of Gates' or Buffet's wealth is not beans...
Nonetheless, the general underlying principle or philosophy is the point.
>
Re: Funmi Bank-Anthony: My Grandfather Had 48 Houses In Lagos But Willed Us Nothing by 9jaRealist: 8:25am On Jul 14, 2019
MrImole:
My dad had zero and willed everything to us.

grin grin grin
Re: Funmi Bank-Anthony: My Grandfather Had 48 Houses In Lagos But Willed Us Nothing by Nobody: 8:54am On Jul 14, 2019
9jaRealist:

Tell that to Bill Gates or Warren Buffet whose inheritance plans will reportedly leave about 95% of wealth to charity...
With Buffet bequeathing his family only a small amount of Berkshire Hathaway stock and some real estate properties.

Not making your grandkids incredibly wealthy for doing nothing more than winning the 'lottery' of birth is not necessarily punitive...
Rather, some wealthy people who've actually created wealth believe in promoting self-sufficiency and a strong work ethic in their families.

PS: Of course even 5% of Gates' or Buffet's wealth is not beans...
Nonetheless, the general underlying principle or philosophy is the point.
>

The level of reasoning posited by my analogy is beyond your current level of awareness. Gates and Warren make those commitments to evade huge tax on their assets. The best way to safeguard your wealth is through Non-Profits, it is a scam pulled over your eyes by the Elites.

I do the same too. I finance my NGO 100% and I am answerable to no entity.

1 Like

Re: Funmi Bank-Anthony: My Grandfather Had 48 Houses In Lagos But Willed Us Nothing by Yoighaman(m): 12:23pm On Jul 14, 2019
VRDroid:
Nice Gesture for the foolish.

It is better to set up a Trust and hire a Law Firm to manage the Estates in Trust for future bloodlines instead of willing it 100% to the less privileged who will not recognize the virtue of hard work.

10%-40% is okay for philanthropy.

Bank Anthony may have been badly hurt so bad by his family and kids that he had to do away with his wealth upon death. Probably did not want to hand over his assets to ingrates.

I could be wrong, and there is nothing absolutely wrong in being wrong.

Addenda:

I noticed a lot of discordance from commentators with zero knowledge about the mechanics of the Universe and the dynamics of Bloodlines Development, so I have to make some more additions to my earlier post. I can not respond to mentally virgin minds.

By my standard of calibration, Bank-Anthony (RIP) was not wealthy, and he threw the little he had away. My standards are the Rockefellers, Walton, Koch, Walmart, Rothschild, etc. Those are my kinds of levels on wealth calibration metrics. We do not work for ourselves alone. It is foolish to work so hard if it is just for you. Universal level intelligent souls work to build bloodlines that can focus more on Research & Development and not survival, for at least 1000years and that is 10 generations of planning and administration of wealth.

By my standard of calibration, he missed the entire points about building wealth for a bloodline. We do not work so hard for ourselves alone, we work so hard to ensure that our next 10 generations over the next 1000 years will not have to reinvent the wheel. That is why black people and many other people waste all their money on expensive toys and other liabilities and leave nothing at death.

Bank-Anthony may have been your Hero, but to me, his decision was very unwise.

QED.

People are entitled to their opinions but on this, I stand with you, nice write-up.
Re: Funmi Bank-Anthony: My Grandfather Had 48 Houses In Lagos But Willed Us Nothing by 9jaRealist: 6:04pm On Jul 15, 2019
VRDroid:
The level of reasoning posited by my analogy is beyond your current level of awareness. Gates and Warren make those commitments to evade huge tax on their assets. The best way to safeguard your wealth is through Non-Profits, it is a scam pulled over your eyes by the Elites.

Sadly, it is more precisely describable as below the level of reality... grin

You think the likes of Gates and Buffet (and others who have pledged to bequeath most of their wealth to charity) are the only billionaires or wealthy people in the US? Nonetheless, for your edification, there are NO taxes on assets in the US. There are income and minimal capital gains taxes (as low as 0% in some cases) but NO taxes on “assets”. Furthermore, exactly how does bequeathing wealth to charity AFTER YOUR DEATH help you to avoid CURRENT tax liabilities (unless you are mistakenly referencing relatively minimal inheritance taxes).
>
Re: Funmi Bank-Anthony: My Grandfather Had 48 Houses In Lagos But Willed Us Nothing by 9jaRealist: 6:12pm On Jul 15, 2019
VRDroid:

PS: Perhaps here in “anyhowness” Nigeria, but certainly NOT in the US (where Gates/Buffet reside)...
First, not all NGOs (or non-profits) in the US are tax-exempt and those that are still answerable to the IRS and state agencies.
>
Re: Funmi Bank-Anthony: My Grandfather Had 48 Houses In Lagos But Willed Us Nothing by itegbemie: 6:21pm On Jul 15, 2019
This is supposed to be your familia problem not Nigeria.
Re: Funmi Bank-Anthony: My Grandfather Had 48 Houses In Lagos But Willed Us Nothing by itegbemie: 6:22pm On Jul 15, 2019
Work for your own 48 houses or just make it 50 and let papa to rest I Peace.
Re: Funmi Bank-Anthony: My Grandfather Had 48 Houses In Lagos But Willed Us Nothing by itegbemie: 6:23pm On Jul 15, 2019
Work for your own 48 houses or just make it 50 and let papa to rest I Peace. Too many dumb things trending

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

'My New Name Is Chibuike' - John Dumelo Reacts To Super Eagles Victory / Photo Of Di'ja And Her Husband On Their Wedding Day / Former Big Brother Stars Barbz And Zainab Are Now A LESBIAN COUPLE (PICS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.