Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,476 members, 7,830,392 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:57 PM

Funmi Bank-Anthony: My Grandfather Had 48 Houses In Lagos But Willed Us Nothing - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Funmi Bank-Anthony: My Grandfather Had 48 Houses In Lagos But Willed Us Nothing (47926 Views)

Davido's Grandfather, Ayoola Adeleke, With US Farmers Union President (Photo) / My Grandpa Had 48 Houses In Lagos, But Willed Nothing To Us - Actress Funmi Bank / Tiwa Savage Mobbed At A Beach In Lagos, But It Got A Bit Crazy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Funmi Bank-Anthony: My Grandfather Had 48 Houses In Lagos But Willed Us Nothing by anonimi: 1:54pm On Jul 13, 2019
melanch:
If I have that kind of money, my generation will enjoy that wealth and still pass it on. No one will suffer. What's the use of wealth when your kids don't enjoy it. Well, it is his money and he has the right to will to whoever.

Yorubas say that Asekun l'owo - you work to keep your wealth.
If children don't work their own, they will suffer for sure. No matter the amount of inherited wealth. No amount!
Not understanding this and working in consequence makes Africans the poorest of the poor and a dark continent of lazy bones.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4916464_img1218_jpeg869064c69e3965560ae57d6aeb37a7f2

5 Likes

Re: Funmi Bank-Anthony: My Grandfather Had 48 Houses In Lagos But Willed Us Nothing by Dantedasz(m): 1:56pm On Jul 13, 2019
GistReport:
Actress Funmi Bank-Anthony opened up on her family background and how it rubbed off on her in the decisions she takes, in a new interview.

The granddaughter of late Sir Mobolaji Bank-Anthony, also dispelled claims of riding on the name of her late grandfather to achieve some level of success in the movie industry. She said in the interview with The Sun,

Yes, the name is household but I don’t think it has had any impact on my life and career. I can’t go to any bank and withdraw money with that name. He has done his bit when he was alive. He had his name and I am trying to make mine too. I am not even half way where I want to be, even though it is a name people can easily associate themselves with.

Funmi Bank-Anthony further revealed that her grandfather willed his 48 houses in Lagos to the motherless, as she talked about taking up the philanthropic course;

It started with my grandfather, Sam Mobolaji Bank-Anthony. When he died, he wrote in his will that all his belongings be donated to the less privileged, even including the spoons. He had about 48 houses in Lagos and he declared that all be given to the motherless (children) and that is so huge for me, because I see it that he left us to suffer. If he had left the houses in Lagos for us, I would be a multi-billionaire today, even as a grandchild. He was one of the richest men in Nigeria and he didn’t leave anything for us. That was deep for me. I see it that the things you boast of today can be taken away from you within the twinkling of an eye. It then dawned on me that I could lose the things I have. So, philanthropy came out of the fear of losing the things I have. So, I would rather give it out than lose them when I am gone, though some people take you for granted when they know you are excessively nice.

See more; http://gistmore.com/my-grandfather-had-48-houses-in-lagos-but-willed-nothing-to-us-actress-funmi-bank-anthony

THIS GIRL IS A LIAR.
Bank Anthony had NO biological children. He adopted many children whom he trained to stand on their own.
He had a right to will his properties to whomever pleased him.
This girl should get a job and work hard for her own wealth.

2 Likes

Re: Funmi Bank-Anthony: My Grandfather Had 48 Houses In Lagos But Willed Us Nothing by pyro62(m): 1:58pm On Jul 13, 2019
ivolt:

Yes. If you are an illiterate.

You don't even have sense. Both of you are in the same cult sef.. ANU

1 Like

Re: Funmi Bank-Anthony: My Grandfather Had 48 Houses In Lagos But Willed Us Nothing by anonimi: 1:59pm On Jul 13, 2019
Femston:
Thank God he gave you guys education

................and a very good name, better than any amount of money.
You are a wise nairalander grin

2 Likes

Re: Funmi Bank-Anthony: My Grandfather Had 48 Houses In Lagos But Willed Us Nothing by johnad3(m): 2:02pm On Jul 13, 2019
What relationship did the children of decease had when he was alive? When theres was good relationship the story wouldnt be what it is today. The man knew the property wouldnt be properly taken careof, beside how many wives did he has when he was alive? These might be the reason why the man did what he did

1 Like

Re: Funmi Bank-Anthony: My Grandfather Had 48 Houses In Lagos But Willed Us Nothing by cooljoe(m): 2:05pm On Jul 13, 2019
VRDroid:
Nice Gesture for the foolish.

It is better to set up a Trust and hire a Law Firm to manage the Estates in Trust for future bloodlines instead of willing it 100% to the less privileged who will not recognize the virtue of hard work.

10%-40% is okay for philanthropy.

Bank Anthony may have been badly hurt so bad by his family and kids that he had to do away with his wealth upon death. Probably did not want to hand over his assets to ingrates.

I could be wrong, and there is nothing absolutely wrong in being wrong.

Addenda:

I noticed a lot of discordance from commentators with zero knowledge about the mechanics of the Universe and the dynamics of Bloodlines Development, so I have to make some more additions to my earlier post. I can not respond to mentally virgin minds.

By my standard of calibration, Bank-Anthony (RIP) was not wealthy, and he threw the little he had away. My standards are the Rockefellers, Walton, Koch, Walmart, Rothschild, etc. Those are my kinds of levels on wealth calibration metrics. We do not work for ourselves alone. It is foolish to work so hard if it is just for you. Universal level intelligent souls work to build bloodlines that can focus more on Research & Development and not survival, for at least 1000years and that is 10 generations of planning and administration of wealth.

By my standard of calibration, he missed the entire points about building wealth for a bloodline. We do not work so hard for ourselves alone, we work so hard to ensure that our next 10 generations over the next 1000 years will not have to reinvent the wheel. That is why black people and many other people waste all their money on expensive toys and other liabilities and leave nothing at death.

Bank-Anthony may have been your Hero, but to me, his decision was very unwise.

QED.
very unwise. How do u build dynasties like agip, McDonald's if everybody gives out everything.

1 Like

Re: Funmi Bank-Anthony: My Grandfather Had 48 Houses In Lagos But Willed Us Nothing by anonimi: 2:09pm On Jul 13, 2019
pyro62:
Is he a ritualist?

..........like Warren Buffet, Bill Gates etc
Na who do you this thing? Should I pray for sense to fall on you?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4160988_image_jpeg_jpeg6f95b5e7a24ad4fc0808d6698fd37362

Ten years ago — in May 2009 — billionaire philanthropists Bill Gates and Warren Buffett held a private dinner meeting with fellow billionaires in New York City. Oprah reportedly attended, as did David Rockefeller and Michael Bloomberg.

A year later, they revealed what the meeting had been about: Gates and Buffett had been consulting their fellow ultra-rich on philanthropy, and how to get them to do more of it.

In 2010, the two of them launched a campaign that they hoped would change philanthropy: the Giving Pledge. The idea was to persuade their fellow billionaires to pledge at least 50 percent of their wealth to charity. It was greeted with enthusiasm. “Society cannot help but be a beneficiary here, by virtue of at least some dollars and perhaps many,” concluded a thoroughly reported piece in Fortune on the secret meetings that produced the Giving Pledge.

That claim seems to have been borne out — as far as it goes. Ten years later, we are in a position to evaluate some of the effects of the Giving Pledge. Hundreds of billionaires have signed on, with Bloomberg and other big names like Mark Zuckerberg, Elon Musk, and Mackenzie Bezos among them. More than $500 billion have been pledged, and money is already being donated to a range of causes.

But somehow, it all feels a little disappointing. Despite their commitment to give at least half of their fortunes away, Gates and Buffett are both richer than when they started. Meanwhile, many other prominent billionaires haven’t signed on to the pledge. There are now 607 billionaires in the US, up from 404 in 2010, and more than 2,000 worldwide — and of that 2,000, only 204 have signed on to the pledge.

https://www.vox.com/future-perfect/2019/7/10/18693578/gates-buffett-giving-pledge-billionaire-philanthropy

Proverbs 11:24 (NLT)

Give freely and become more wealthy; be stingy and lose everything.

1 Like

Re: Funmi Bank-Anthony: My Grandfather Had 48 Houses In Lagos But Willed Us Nothing by anonimi: 2:17pm On Jul 13, 2019
anonimi:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3401521_cannoteatmoney_jpegaebb2a352ae295fc9aa7a61c24b4203c

2 Likes

Re: Funmi Bank-Anthony: My Grandfather Had 48 Houses In Lagos But Willed Us Nothing by pyro62(m): 2:20pm On Jul 13, 2019
anonimi:

..........like Warren Buffet, Bill Gates etc
Na who do you this thing? Should I pray for sense to fall on you?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4160988_image_jpeg_jpeg6f95b5e7a24ad4fc0808d6698fd37362

Way you, go sleep joor.. The children might not even desire these gifts. But it is man's nature to always leave something behind for their loved ones. Since the time of Abraham that's how it has been. You are talking about Warren Buffet. You papa fit get money Like him bodyguard cleaners

ANU

That man is a ritualist joor, make e no use careless philosophy decive naive souls like you.

Re: Funmi Bank-Anthony: My Grandfather Had 48 Houses In Lagos But Willed Us Nothing by netmillionaires(m): 2:22pm On Jul 13, 2019
I am tempted to answer you but NO! I will let it slide. If you don't know anything about me, don't every mention me again. Thanks
anonimi:

What have you done for the school like the man after whom it was named after
Re: Funmi Bank-Anthony: My Grandfather Had 48 Houses In Lagos But Willed Us Nothing by Reelmii: 2:28pm On Jul 13, 2019
are they sure that it is the motherless children that are really enjoy this wealth

i dont trust lawyers in Nigeria
Re: Funmi Bank-Anthony: My Grandfather Had 48 Houses In Lagos But Willed Us Nothing by Reelmii: 2:30pm On Jul 13, 2019
MrImole:
My dad had zero and willed everything to us.
that is what a goog father does

3 Likes

Re: Funmi Bank-Anthony: My Grandfather Had 48 Houses In Lagos But Willed Us Nothing by JeromeBlack: 2:38pm On Jul 13, 2019
VRDroid:

It is better to set up a Trust and hire a Law Firm to manage the Estates in Trust for future bloodlines instead of willing it 100% to the less privileged who will not recognize the virtue of hard work.

Bank Anthony may have been badly hurt so bad by his family and kids that he had to do away with his wealth upon death. Probably did not want to hand over his assets to ingrates.

Addenda:

I noticed a lot of discordance from commentators with zero knowledge about the mechanics of the Universe and the dynamics of Bloodlines Development, so I have to make some more additions to my earlier post. I can not respond to mentally virgin minds.

By my standard of calibration, Bank-Anthony (RIP) was not wealthy, and he threw the little he had away. My standards are the Rockefellers, Walton, Koch, Walmart, Rothschild, etc. Those are my kinds of levels on wealth calibration metrics. We do not work for ourselves alone. It is foolish to work so hard if it is just for you. Universal level intelligent souls work to build bloodlines that can focus more on Research & Development and not survival, for at least 1000years and that is 10 generations of planning and administration of wealth.

By my standard of calibration, he missed the entire points about building wealth for a bloodline. We do not work so hard for ourselves alone, we work so hard to ensure that our next 10 generations over the next 1000 years will not have to reinvent the wheel. That is why black people and many other people waste all their money on expensive toys and other liabilities and leave nothing at death.

QED.

Bros, you are smart.

Chop knuckle for this intelligent assessment of the matter

Re: Funmi Bank-Anthony: My Grandfather Had 48 Houses In Lagos But Willed Us Nothing by castro316: 2:55pm On Jul 13, 2019
VRDroid:

Addenda:

QED.

What you wrote here I will say I simple terms is RUBBISH. Must everybody be a rockefella or rothchild? Go get your own house and stop teaching others how to share their will. Nonsense you said one thing meaningful and I was beginning to laud you about the probability his
VRDroid:
Bank Anthony may have been badly hurt so bad by his family and kids that he had to do away with his wealth upon death.
All off a sudden you derailed. Its better to give it to the less privileged than to hand over to childre who will squander all in 1 year

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Funmi Bank-Anthony: My Grandfather Had 48 Houses In Lagos But Willed Us Nothing by Paulo3ree(m): 3:03pm On Jul 13, 2019
It is not a normal act
Certainly not on his right frame of mind
No form of anger is worth transferring to your third generation.
Listen and keep listening to me, that shows he must have been scammed by his confidant.... be clergy men, secret organization, firm managing his properties or even olosho's(fake& dubious friends)
PERIOD!!!
besides he wasn't blessed just for himself but for his generations to come,
all spiritual group believes that your blessings isn't for you alone but for your generations to come.
Re: Funmi Bank-Anthony: My Grandfather Had 48 Houses In Lagos But Willed Us Nothing by Sammycee: 3:03pm On Jul 13, 2019
Your mouth no go kill you sha
overall90:
48 Houses shocked

he must be Timipri Silva role model

1 Like

Re: Funmi Bank-Anthony: My Grandfather Had 48 Houses In Lagos But Willed Us Nothing by Nobody: 3:03pm On Jul 13, 2019
kiyosaki1:
The man had no biological offspring, keep lying. Probably her dad is a close relative of the man.

You are correct. He donated Ayinke House (built and equipped with medical facilities) at LASUTH in memory of his late mother. No biological offspring. Her dad may be one of the children trained by the man.

My question is this; apart from 48 houses, what happened to his shares in different conglomerates where he was the chairman or director?

1 Like

Re: Funmi Bank-Anthony: My Grandfather Had 48 Houses In Lagos But Willed Us Nothing by Sammycee: 3:05pm On Jul 13, 2019
Chief Judge
johnad3:
What relationship did the children of decease had when he was alive? When theres was good relationship the story wouldnt be what it is today. The man knew the property wouldnt be properly taken careof, beside how many wives did he has when he was alive? These might be the reason why the man did what he did
Re: Funmi Bank-Anthony: My Grandfather Had 48 Houses In Lagos But Willed Us Nothing by Nobody: 3:13pm On Jul 13, 2019
VRDroid:

Addenda:

QED.

Sometimes it could be a sacrifice, the leading of the spirit ( Holy Spirit) can lead you to do so. You wouldn't just conclude he was unwise to do what he did even if his family had hurt him that bad. But you also have a good point, because the lord said " Keep inheritance for your children... "
Re: Funmi Bank-Anthony: My Grandfather Had 48 Houses In Lagos But Willed Us Nothing by nasoeb: 3:31pm On Jul 13, 2019
BENEAMATA:
oh , it's " like " it's your birthday ! " sharesss " ! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU !
Thanks alot
Re: Funmi Bank-Anthony: My Grandfather Had 48 Houses In Lagos But Willed Us Nothing by Nobody: 3:45pm On Jul 13, 2019
VRDroid:

Addenda:

QED.
Nigerians and blood line that's why we are were we are. What of oyibo who will to dogs and cats?
Re: Funmi Bank-Anthony: My Grandfather Had 48 Houses In Lagos But Willed Us Nothing by BENEAMATA: 3:50pm On Jul 13, 2019
nasoeb:
Thanks alot
me pleasure bro , enjoy the rest of a great day .
Re: Funmi Bank-Anthony: My Grandfather Had 48 Houses In Lagos But Willed Us Nothing by lexy2014: 4:34pm On Jul 13, 2019
micfoley:
48 houses? And he didn't leave a single one for his kids?

The man harsh o

So u believe her story?
Re: Funmi Bank-Anthony: My Grandfather Had 48 Houses In Lagos But Willed Us Nothing by seancombs617: 4:39pm On Jul 13, 2019
MrImole:
My dad had zero and willed everything to us.
He nice o grin
Re: Funmi Bank-Anthony: My Grandfather Had 48 Houses In Lagos But Willed Us Nothing by aalangel(f): 5:26pm On Jul 13, 2019
Maybe he had problems with his children.
Re: Funmi Bank-Anthony: My Grandfather Had 48 Houses In Lagos But Willed Us Nothing by laudate: 5:44pm On Jul 13, 2019
kiyosaki1:
The man had no biological offspring, keep lying. Probably her dad is a close relative of the man.
That is what I heard too. It is said that all their kids were adopted.
Re: Funmi Bank-Anthony: My Grandfather Had 48 Houses In Lagos But Willed Us Nothing by Nobody: 6:29pm On Jul 13, 2019
micfoley:
48 houses? And he didn't leave a single one for his kids?

The man harsh o
He had no kids, was married to Olamide Adeshigin & finally died in 1991 at 83.... That bytch is lying through every hole in her body. Why would a man be so foolish to try that
Re: Funmi Bank-Anthony: My Grandfather Had 48 Houses In Lagos But Willed Us Nothing by Nobody: 6:34pm On Jul 13, 2019
VRDroid:

Addenda:

QED.
His decision was excellent, not all people seek to build your so called 'bloodline wealth' and there is absolutely nothing wrong in a charity seeking to benefit the public as a whole; please refer to Warren Buffet's potential trust; your calibration or metrics cannot poo poo the kind of fortune that gentleman has acquired.

I'm sure you don't know the details of Bank Anthony's charitable bequest and the structure set up for its administration, therefore neither you nor I are in any position to say definitely that it benefits undeserving or ungrateful beneficiaries.

2 Likes

Re: Funmi Bank-Anthony: My Grandfather Had 48 Houses In Lagos But Willed Us Nothing by laudate: 6:45pm On Jul 13, 2019
dairykidd:

He had no kids, was married to Olamide Adeshigin & finally died in 1991 at 83.... That bytch is lying through every hole in her body. Why would a man be so foolish to try that
She is not lying. He had a lot of adopted kids. Bank-Anthony left all his worldly wealth to charity.
Re: Funmi Bank-Anthony: My Grandfather Had 48 Houses In Lagos But Willed Us Nothing by Nobody: 7:08pm On Jul 13, 2019
laudate:

She is not lying. He had a lot of adopted kids. Bank-Anthony left all his worldly wealth to charity.

You know very well i meant biological children from his loins with his married wife
Re: Funmi Bank-Anthony: My Grandfather Had 48 Houses In Lagos But Willed Us Nothing by Adeyinka123: 7:16pm On Jul 13, 2019
He just lost my respect for him een in post-mortem. Many of the charity(NGO) owners would have cornered those properties. Bad legacy. Trust Fund would have been far better.

VRDroid:

Addenda:

QED.
Re: Funmi Bank-Anthony: My Grandfather Had 48 Houses In Lagos But Willed Us Nothing by cococandy(f): 7:18pm On Jul 13, 2019
If they are doing well today, then they should forget it

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

'My New Name Is Chibuike' - John Dumelo Reacts To Super Eagles Victory / Photo Of Di'ja And Her Husband On Their Wedding Day / Flavour Smoking, Pictured With Timaya

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.