Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,428 members, 7,830,145 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:53 PM

Funmi Bank-Anthony: My Grandfather Had 48 Houses In Lagos But Willed Us Nothing - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Funmi Bank-Anthony: My Grandfather Had 48 Houses In Lagos But Willed Us Nothing (47925 Views)

Davido's Grandfather, Ayoola Adeleke, With US Farmers Union President (Photo) / My Grandpa Had 48 Houses In Lagos, But Willed Nothing To Us - Actress Funmi Bank / Tiwa Savage Mobbed At A Beach In Lagos, But It Got A Bit Crazy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Funmi Bank-Anthony: My Grandfather Had 48 Houses In Lagos But Willed Us Nothing by jrusky(m): 1:16pm On Jul 13, 2019
VRDroid:
Nice Gesture for the foolish.

It is better to set up a Trust and hire a Law Firm to manage the Estates in Trust for future bloodlines instead of willing it 100% to the less privileged who will not recognize the virtue of hard work.

10%-40% is okay for philanthropy.

Bank Anthony may have been badly hurt so bad by his family and kids that he had to do away with his wealth upon death. Probably did not want to hand over his assets to ingrates.

I could be wrong, and there is nothing absolutely wrong in being wrong.

You may be right bro beside I learnt some years ago the man has no biological child though it could be a rumour because Nigerians are naturally rumour(malicious ones) merchants haven't said that his action could have something to do with a secret sect he belong to as a oath he sworn if you know you know bro I have seen similar case like that few years back.

Above all let every sane person hustle for his or her own survival in life never rely on father's wealth because you can not say how did he make the wealth and what allegiance he had sworn in making the wealth.

Work hard and make your own life beautiful.

3 Likes

Re: Funmi Bank-Anthony: My Grandfather Had 48 Houses In Lagos But Willed Us Nothing by Moikiitos: 1:16pm On Jul 13, 2019
GistReport:
Actress Funmi Bank-Anthony opened up on her family background and how it rubbed off on her in the decisions she takes, in a new interview.

The granddaughter of late Sir Mobolaji Bank-Anthony, also dispelled claims of riding on the name of her late grandfather to achieve some level of success in the movie industry. She said in the interview with The Sun,

Yes, the name is household but I don’t think it has had any impact on my life and career. I can’t go to any bank and withdraw money with that name. He has done his bit when he was alive. He had his name and I am trying to make mine too. I am not even half way where I want to be, even though it is a name people can easily associate themselves with.

Funmi Bank-Anthony further revealed that her grandfather willed his 48 houses in Lagos to the motherless, as she talked about taking up the philanthropic course;

It started with my grandfather, Sam Mobolaji Bank-Anthony. When he died, he wrote in his will that all his belongings be donated to the less privileged, even including the spoons. He had about 48 houses in Lagos and he declared that all be given to the motherless (children) and that is so huge for me, because I see it that he left us to suffer. If he had left the houses in Lagos for us, I would be a multi-billionaire today, even as a grandchild. He was one of the richest men in Nigeria and he didn’t leave anything for us. That was deep for me. I see it that the things you boast of today can be taken away from you within the twinkling of an eye. It then dawned on me that I could lose the things I have. So, philanthropy came out of the fear of losing the things I have. So, I would rather give it out than lose them when I am gone, though some people take you for granted when they know you are excessively nice.

See more; http://gistmore.com/my-grandfather-had-48-houses-in-lagos-but-willed-nothing-to-us-actress-funmi-bank-anthony

Well, now is too late to start crying out about inheritance. When the 'GrandDad' was alive were you /mum / siblings close to him? Do you all even showed him that you cared or loved him... undecided!

Perhaps, he decided to give it to those who showed him loved and cared for him during his time alive.

Pity una sha...but lesson learnt here. My people my people!
Re: Funmi Bank-Anthony: My Grandfather Had 48 Houses In Lagos But Willed Us Nothing by scofield76: 1:17pm On Jul 13, 2019
Mobolaji Bajk-Antyony had no biological offsprings. How come he's this liar's grandfather?

Bank Anthony was married to Olamide Adeshigin, later known as Lady Bank Anthony. He belonged to a few social and business clubs in Lagos, including the Lagos Race Club, Metropolitan Club, Yoruba Tennis Club and the Nigeria-American Chamber of Commerce.[3] He was chairman of the Federal Rehabilitation Appeal Board established by Yakubu Gowon to assist Nigerians affected by the Civil War.

He held the chieftaincy title of the Baloro of Lagos.a
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobolaji_Bank_Anthony

1 Like

Re: Funmi Bank-Anthony: My Grandfather Had 48 Houses In Lagos But Willed Us Nothing by IJEYdiamond(f): 1:19pm On Jul 13, 2019
Growing up i was told he didn't have children... so and so

Hmmmm!!.

1 Like

Re: Funmi Bank-Anthony: My Grandfather Had 48 Houses In Lagos But Willed Us Nothing by ecclize: 1:24pm On Jul 13, 2019
that man must be a nice thief
Re: Funmi Bank-Anthony: My Grandfather Had 48 Houses In Lagos But Willed Us Nothing by naptu2: 1:24pm On Jul 13, 2019
omoadeleye:
Maybe your grandfather is just a caretaker of those houses

He owned Foremost Dairies, makers of Samco (which was probably the most popular children's drink back in the day), he was chairman of Borini Prono Construction Company, he was a director at Mobil Nigeria, he was once president of the Lagos Stock Exchange, he had shares in Friesland Foods, he also had shares in Aero Contractors and he was one of the wealthiest men in Nigeria.

7 Likes

Re: Funmi Bank-Anthony: My Grandfather Had 48 Houses In Lagos But Willed Us Nothing by anonimi: 1:25pm On Jul 13, 2019
ofuonyebi:

That is to tell every one who has ears to hear, that you brought nothing to this world when you were coming in

You will also leave naked without nothing when you are going...so, stop be-laboring yourself everyday working

hard to pile up wealth and money for the fools probably that are going to squander them 2morrow

labour for only what you can eat and have fun with fear of God..by this wisdom you will be fulfilled

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3473612_image_jpeg_jpeg6f95b5e7a24ad4fc0808d6698fd37362

1 Like

Re: Funmi Bank-Anthony: My Grandfather Had 48 Houses In Lagos But Willed Us Nothing by ivolt: 1:25pm On Jul 13, 2019
IJEYdiamond:
Growing up i was told he didn't have children... so and so

Hmmmm!!.
He didn't have any child. This lady is at best a very distant relation who adopted Bank-Anthony name
to feel important. You will notice that she didn't discuss her own father.

6 Likes

Re: Funmi Bank-Anthony: My Grandfather Had 48 Houses In Lagos But Willed Us Nothing by redsun(m): 1:25pm On Jul 13, 2019
He was part of the last generations of Nigerians that were true humans. What you have now are just fcking zombie flesh eaters roaming the earth aimlessly and destructively. Giving is a privilege that comes with rationality, he was privileged and he gave. And obviously, his granddaughter has benefitted from his genetic traits and that is why she is doing okay for herself.

1 Like

Re: Funmi Bank-Anthony: My Grandfather Had 48 Houses In Lagos But Willed Us Nothing by anonimi: 1:27pm On Jul 13, 2019
scofield76:
Mobolaji Bajk-Antyony had no biological offsprings. How come he's this liar's grandfather?

Bank Anthony was married to Olamide Adeshigin, later known as Lady Bank Anthony. He belonged to a few social and business clubs in Lagos, including the Lagos Race Club, Metropolitan Club, Yoruba Tennis Club and the Nigeria-American Chamber of Commerce.[3] He was chairman of the Federal Rehabilitation Appeal Board established by Yakubu Gowon to assist Nigerians affected by the Civil War.

He held the chieftaincy title of the Baloro of Lagos.a
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobolaji_Bank_Anthony

Does anyone know why he had no biological children, even with a concubine/mistress

1 Like

Re: Funmi Bank-Anthony: My Grandfather Had 48 Houses In Lagos But Willed Us Nothing by Steve28: 1:28pm On Jul 13, 2019
Probably the old got to know that non of his kids where truely his..

2 Likes

Re: Funmi Bank-Anthony: My Grandfather Had 48 Houses In Lagos But Willed Us Nothing by ivolt: 1:28pm On Jul 13, 2019
ofuonyebi:

That is to tell every one who has ears to hear, that you brought nothing to this world when you were coming in

You will also leave naked without nothing when you are going...so, stop be-laboring yourself everyday working

hard to pile up wealth and money for the fools probably that are going to squander them 2morrow

labour for only what you can eat and have fun with fear of God..by this wisdom you will be fulfilled
Bad advice.
There will be no phone, cars or the internet if everybody labors for only what they can eat.
We will all be tilling land and praying for rain.

3 Likes

Re: Funmi Bank-Anthony: My Grandfather Had 48 Houses In Lagos But Willed Us Nothing by NkemChukwudi: 1:29pm On Jul 13, 2019
VRDroid:

It is better to set up a Trust and hire a Law Firm to manage the Estates in Trust for future bloodlines instead of willing it 100% to the less privileged who will not recognize the virtue of hard work.

Bank Anthony may have been badly hurt so bad by his family and kids that he had to do away with his wealth upon death. Probably did not want to hand over his assets to ingrates.

Addenda:

I noticed a lot of discordance from commentators with zero knowledge about the mechanics of the Universe and the dynamics of Bloodlines Development, so I have to make some more additions to my earlier post. I can not respond to mentally virgin minds.

By my standard of calibration, Bank-Anthony (RIP) was not wealthy, and he threw the little he had away. My standards are the Rockefellers, Walton, Koch, Walmart, Rothschild, etc. Those are my kinds of levels of wealth mechanics. We do not work for ourselves alone. It is foolish to work so hard if it is just for you. Universal level intelligent souls work to build bloodlines that can focus more on Research & Development and not survival, for at least 1000years and that is 10 generations of planning and administration of wealth.

By my standard of calibration, he missed the entire points about building wealth for a bloodline. We do not work so hard for ourselves alone, we work so hard to ensure that our next 10 generations over the next 1000 years will not have to reinvent the wheel. That is why black people and many other people waste all their money on expenses toys and leave nothing at death.

Bank-Anthony may have been your Hero, but to me, his decision was very unwise.

QED.

Wow! What a load of arrant nonsense! Rubbish!
Re: Funmi Bank-Anthony: My Grandfather Had 48 Houses In Lagos But Willed Us Nothing by Nobody: 1:29pm On Jul 13, 2019
nnokwa042:
you said it all,something is wrong some where, is either they don't look after him only waiting for him to die so they can share his properties so out of anger he wills everything thing to the motherless,

Absolutely.

No one wills everything away to strangers. Even the Heavens will mock him greatly.

I am convinced he died unhappily with his secrets, and the family is not telling everyone the real truth.

5 Likes

Re: Funmi Bank-Anthony: My Grandfather Had 48 Houses In Lagos But Willed Us Nothing by Nobody: 1:32pm On Jul 13, 2019
ivolt:

He didn't have any child. This lady is at best a very distant relation who adopted Bank-Anthony name
to feel important. You will notice that she didn't discuss her own father.
Serously?
Not even an adopted one?
Re: Funmi Bank-Anthony: My Grandfather Had 48 Houses In Lagos But Willed Us Nothing by FarahAideed: 1:32pm On Jul 13, 2019
Na so alll these Ogboni men dey do

1 Like

Re: Funmi Bank-Anthony: My Grandfather Had 48 Houses In Lagos But Willed Us Nothing by naptu2: 1:33pm On Jul 13, 2019
Steve28:
Probably the old got to know that non of his kids where truely his..

He didn't have any biological children. He adopted and assisted many children, but he didn't have any biological children (I know some of his adopted children and grand children, but they didn't cling to the Bank-Anthony name).

6 Likes

Re: Funmi Bank-Anthony: My Grandfather Had 48 Houses In Lagos But Willed Us Nothing by BENEAMATA: 1:33pm On Jul 13, 2019
nasoeb:
I always count myself special and lucky for sharing just the same day of birth with an Icon in the Nigerian Project.
Please Nairalanders, show some love, because today is my special day, my one day amongst the 365, My Birthday.
Let the "Likes & Shares" keep rolling in.
Thanks.
oh , it's " like " it's your birthday ! " sharesss " ! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU !
Re: Funmi Bank-Anthony: My Grandfather Had 48 Houses In Lagos But Willed Us Nothing by Nobody: 1:33pm On Jul 13, 2019
How many of those houses did the owner took to the grave.Vanity upon vanity.
Re: Funmi Bank-Anthony: My Grandfather Had 48 Houses In Lagos But Willed Us Nothing by Jabarzee(m): 1:34pm On Jul 13, 2019
He Will not rest in peace o
Re: Funmi Bank-Anthony: My Grandfather Had 48 Houses In Lagos But Willed Us Nothing by anonimi: 1:37pm On Jul 13, 2019
indiegen:
Some names can't be scratched off in the memory of Nigerians such and Bank- Anthony, Dantata, Ojora, Tinubu( it doesn't start with bola Tinubu) and more, those names are nor common nowadays you see Aregbesola from ogbomosho ,Obasanjo from Osun but these aforementioned names you asked and they say either bro you know who they are.

They all have paid their dues.

Madam Tinubu paid her dues selling her fellow Africans as slaves to whites and maybe Arabs before them? Continuing to secretly sell slaves after the British banned it?
Is that how to pay ones dues
Where did you learn that Aregbesola is from Ogbomoso or Obasanjo is from Osun?
Why are you making up stories? To impress who

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3477544_whatthefuckisthisshitusewhenyouseeauselesscommentorpost_jpegb2cb22972c8bfd4a9aa05b00b32a5b8e

2 Likes

Re: Funmi Bank-Anthony: My Grandfather Had 48 Houses In Lagos But Willed Us Nothing by NkemChukwudi: 1:38pm On Jul 13, 2019
melanch:
If I have that kind of money, my generation will enjoy that wealth and still pass it on. No one will suffer. What's the use of wealth when your kids don't enjoy it. Well, it is his money and he has the right to will to whoever.

Get a smart business website for just 31k. https://www.nairaland.com/5297801/need-beautiful-affordable-website-business

You are probably damn too young and poor to understand. You will understand after toiling for 40 years and some entitled idiot is sitting around expecting you to GIVE them everything.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Funmi Bank-Anthony: My Grandfather Had 48 Houses In Lagos But Willed Us Nothing by netmillionaires(m): 1:39pm On Jul 13, 2019
If you attend Mobolaji Bank-Anthony High School, MBHS, Sabo Yaba, please gather here.

2 Likes

Re: Funmi Bank-Anthony: My Grandfather Had 48 Houses In Lagos But Willed Us Nothing by anonimi: 1:39pm On Jul 13, 2019
Jabarzee:
He Will not rest in peace o

You better acquire a skill and work for your own wealth instead of cursing someone who did and spent his money as he deemed fit.
His money, his business. Not yours!

3 Likes

Re: Funmi Bank-Anthony: My Grandfather Had 48 Houses In Lagos But Willed Us Nothing by anonimi: 1:40pm On Jul 13, 2019
netmillionaires:
If you attend Mobolaji Bank-Anthony Hugh School, MBHS, Sabo Yaba, please gather here.

What have you done for the school like the man after whom it was named after

2 Likes

Re: Funmi Bank-Anthony: My Grandfather Had 48 Houses In Lagos But Willed Us Nothing by redsun(m): 1:42pm On Jul 13, 2019
NkemChukwudi:

Wow! What a load of arrant nonsense! Rubbish!

He believes in the rat race perpetrated by reptilians like trump. The American of winners takes all and losers to go to blazes.

It is not helping the planet.

1 Like

Re: Funmi Bank-Anthony: My Grandfather Had 48 Houses In Lagos But Willed Us Nothing by anonimi: 1:43pm On Jul 13, 2019
Banee:
How many of those houses did the owner took to the grave.Vanity upon vanity.

The owner cannot take any house to the grave hence he was philanthropic, unfortunately many of the beneficiaries did not replicate and propagate his legacy of philanthropy hence we are in a shithole nation of chop & quench, leaving nothing for tomorrow/prosperity. Soemthing that the whites do to continue dominating us.

3 Likes

Re: Funmi Bank-Anthony: My Grandfather Had 48 Houses In Lagos But Willed Us Nothing by Infinityk: 1:44pm On Jul 13, 2019
VRDroid:

Addenda:

I noticed a lot of discordance from commentators with zero knowledge about the mechanics of the Universe and the dynamics of Bloodlines Development, so I have to make some more additions to my earlier post. I can not respond to mentally virgin minds.

By my standard of calibration, Bank-Anthony (RIP) was not wealthy, and he threw the little he had away. My standards are the Rockefellers, Walton, Koch, Walmart, Rothschild, etc. Those are my kinds of levels of wealth mechanics. We do not work for ourselves alone. It is foolish to work so hard if it is just for you. Universal level intelligent souls work to build bloodlines that can focus more on Research & Development and not survival, for at least 1000years and that is 10 generations of planning and administration of wealth.

By my standard of calibration, he missed the entire points about building wealth for a bloodline. We do not work so hard for ourselves alone, we work so hard to ensure that our next 10 generations over the next 1000 years will not have to reinvent the wheel. That is why black people and many other people waste all their money on expenses toys and leave nothing at death.

Bank-Anthony may have been your Hero, but to me, his decision was very unwise.

QED.
Let me guess
U are igbo
Re: Funmi Bank-Anthony: My Grandfather Had 48 Houses In Lagos But Willed Us Nothing by Graduateacher(f): 1:45pm On Jul 13, 2019
There are people who have left their wealth to Cats and Dogs because they were loyal, if someone knows that all his or her wealth will be squandered by ungrateful kids it is better to leave everything to the less privileged and make heaven instead. Jesus told the rich young man to sell all his wealth, give it to the poor and follow him when he refused Christ said that it is difficult for rich people to make heaven. Mr. Anthony is in heaven today by that single act of giving to the needy. May God bless him

1 Like

Re: Funmi Bank-Anthony: My Grandfather Had 48 Houses In Lagos But Willed Us Nothing by kokoboy4life(m): 1:47pm On Jul 13, 2019
GistReport:
Actress Funmi Bank-Anthony opened up on her family background and how it rubbed off on her in the decisions she takes, in a new interview.

The granddaughter of late Sir Mobolaji Bank-Anthony, also dispelled claims of riding on the name of her late grandfather to achieve some level of success in the movie industry. She said in the interview with The Sun,

Yes, the name is household but I don’t think it has had any impact on my life and career. I can’t go to any bank and withdraw money with that name. He has done his bit when he was alive. He had his name and I am trying to make mine too. I am not even half way where I want to be, even though it is a name people can easily associate themselves with.

Funmi Bank-Anthony further revealed that her grandfather willed his 48 houses in Lagos to the motherless, as she talked about taking up the philanthropic course;

It started with my grandfather, Sam Mobolaji Bank-Anthony. When he died, he wrote in his will that all his belongings be donated to the less privileged, even including the spoons. He had about 48 houses in Lagos and he declared that all be given to the motherless (children) and that is so huge for me, because I see it that he left us to suffer. If he had left the houses in Lagos for us, I would be a multi-billionaire today, even as a grandchild. He was one of the richest men in Nigeria and he didn’t leave anything for us. That was deep for me. I see it that the things you boast of today can be taken away from you within the twinkling of an eye. It then dawned on me that I could lose the things I have. So, philanthropy came out of the fear of losing the things I have. So, I would rather give it out than lose them when I am gone, though some people take you for granted when they know you are excessively nice.

See more; http://gistmore.com/my-grandfather-had-48-houses-in-lagos-but-willed-nothing-to-us-actress-funmi-bank-anthony

Endeavour to work very hard so that you can have your own personal properties.

Phone for sale
Brand:apple
Series: iphone 7 (ordinary)
Color:black
Inbuilt memory : 128g
Current condition:excellent
Cost: 90k

Interested buyer should call this number :08084470331
Re: Funmi Bank-Anthony: My Grandfather Had 48 Houses In Lagos But Willed Us Nothing by Flier: 1:47pm On Jul 13, 2019
kiyosaki1:
The man had no biological offspring, keep lying. Probably her dad is a close relative of the man.
You are very correct! The man had his reasons
They are not his children

1 Like

Re: Funmi Bank-Anthony: My Grandfather Had 48 Houses In Lagos But Willed Us Nothing by Nobody: 1:49pm On Jul 13, 2019
Infinityk:

Let me guess
U are igbo

It is already too condescending to be human, so why will I belittle myself more, by identifying with a tribe.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

'My New Name Is Chibuike' - John Dumelo Reacts To Super Eagles Victory / Photo Of Di'ja And Her Husband On Their Wedding Day / Flavour Smoking, Pictured With Timaya

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.