Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,068 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:06 AM

Many Senators Are Disappointed With Their Salaries – Uzor Kalu - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Many Senators Are Disappointed With Their Salaries – Uzor Kalu (47043 Views)

We Are Disappointed With Inec's Decision To Review Obingwa's Results - Abia PDP / Garba Shehu: Some People Are Disappointed To Have Seen Buhari Real Life / We Are Disappointed With Nigeria’s 2019 General Elections — US (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Many Senators Are Disappointed With Their Salaries – Uzor Kalu by solex1988(m): 8:20am On Jul 14, 2019
Most Nigerians want to be in that position, so if it is too small let them .......

1 Like

Re: Many Senators Are Disappointed With Their Salaries – Uzor Kalu by Wettoid123: 8:43am On Jul 14, 2019
All lies upon lies we know them!

1 Like

Re: Many Senators Are Disappointed With Their Salaries – Uzor Kalu by Neoteny(m): 8:49am On Jul 14, 2019
When I was governor, the state was buying my food; the state paid everything, but as a senator, nobody does that.”

And that, Sir, just confirms everything we thought about you people is true.

All you're looking for in the senate is to freeload as leeches and parasites.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Many Senators Are Disappointed With Their Salaries – Uzor Kalu by ishawlar: 8:50am On Jul 14, 2019
When they is no money why do u people want to die on that sit. Scammer watch

1 Like

Re: Many Senators Are Disappointed With Their Salaries – Uzor Kalu by foreshore(m): 9:00am On Jul 14, 2019
edunwablog:
A former Abia State Governor, Senator Orji Uzor Kalu has revealed that many senators are disappointed with their salaries after they got far below what they expected before getting into the Senate.

Kalu, who is the Chief Whip of the Senate, stated this on Saturday in Abuja when he addressed journalists, promising to give details of what senators earn soon.

He said: “Let me address the issue of jumbo pay. I have received my salary for June and it is far below what you people are writing.

“If a minister is travelling to Lagos, would he use his legs? What you call fat salary are monies used to run the constituency because they don’t give us additional funds.

“It is the money we use when we travel to Abia, Lagos, Badagry or Kaduna. Next meeting, I will unveil to you.

“You will now see that you are maligning and criticising the National Assembly for nothing.

“Most of my colleagues said they did not know it was going to be like this and I said we came to serve our country as senators.

“When they were outside, they were also saying that all the money was carried by the National Assembly which is not true.

“The money they have given them is not going to be enough. I have seen them crying already.

“They came to me to complain because I have seen the good and the ugly.

“I think that the media is not fair to the National Assembly. I call on you people to change your minds because there is no jumbo pay; honestly, I have not seen one.

“If I see jumbo pay that does not represent my conscience, I will speak.

“When I was governor, the state was buying my food; the state paid everything, but as a senator, nobody does that.”

https://www.akelicious.net/2019/07/many-senators-are-disappointed-with.html

Why don't you tell us how much you were actually paid.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Many Senators Are Disappointed With Their Salaries – Uzor Kalu by kendo60(m): 9:37am On Jul 14, 2019
who is fooling who, Esu. if the money is not enough, then step down. Ndi ara

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Many Senators Are Disappointed With Their Salaries – Uzor Kalu by nephemmy(m): 9:58am On Jul 14, 2019
...that ur mouth wey dey talk shit go carry u go hell I swear...fuçking asshòle

1 Like

Re: Many Senators Are Disappointed With Their Salaries – Uzor Kalu by Kinikini: 10:20am On Jul 14, 2019
The people are dissatisfied with the NA expenditure. The NA member are dissatisfied with their "meagre" salary. The NA should amend the constitution to abolish two chambers NA and reduce the senate to one senate per state. If the money is truly too small, our dear NA should not minding loosing it by embracing cost cutting reforms. Awon OLE.

too much money is being soent uote author=edunwablog post=80243873]A former Abia State Governor, Senator Orji Uzor Kalu has revealed that many senators are disappointed with their salaries after they got far below what they expected before getting into the Senate.

Kalu, who is the Chief Whip of the Senate, stated this on Saturday in Abuja when he addressed journalists, promising to give details of what senators earn soon.

He said: “Let me address the issue of jumbo pay. I have received my salary for June and it is far below what you people are writing.

“If a minister is travelling to Lagos, would he use his legs? What you call fat salary are monies used to run the constituency because they don’t give us additional funds.

“It is the money we use when we travel to Abia, Lagos, Badagry or Kaduna. Next meeting, I will unveil to you.

“You will now see that you are maligning and criticising the National Assembly for nothing.

“Most of my colleagues said they did not know it was going to be like this and I said we came to serve our country as senators.

“When they were outside, they were also saying that all the money was carried by the National Assembly which is not true.

“The money they have given them is not going to be enough. I have seen them crying already.

“I think that the media is not fair to the National Assembly. I call on you people to change your minds because there is no jumbo pay; honestly, I have not seen one.

“When I was governor, the state was buying my food; the state paid everything, but as a senator, nobody does that.”

https://www.akelicious.net/2019/07/many-senators-are-disappointed-with.html[/quote]
Re: Many Senators Are Disappointed With Their Salaries – Uzor Kalu by godquality: 10:30am On Jul 14, 2019
What do these politicians take us for? The salary is not enough yet you all spend so much to get there. To do what? Serve? Nonsense.
Btw, since when is traveling to your constituency cost millions? It's time they make all the projects they do and how much spent on it public.

1 Like

Re: Many Senators Are Disappointed With Their Salaries – Uzor Kalu by sapientia(m): 10:33am On Jul 14, 2019
If Buhari is not corrupt.

This man should be in Prison.
Re: Many Senators Are Disappointed With Their Salaries – Uzor Kalu by Angelfrost(m): 11:00am On Jul 14, 2019
A trained, learned, and internationally-recognized university professor is on a salary of about 1 million (could be slightly more or less), while a barely literate senator whose real impact to his constituency and nation is less than a village masquerade collects over 5 million a month, and this buffoon is telling us it's not enough?....

I wish to use certain expletives, but I was raised better... And today is Sunday. undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Many Senators Are Disappointed With Their Salaries – Uzor Kalu by Nemesis909: 11:13am On Jul 14, 2019
Money wey una don spend for s.ex shop in advance.

Re: Many Senators Are Disappointed With Their Salaries – Uzor Kalu by Nobody: 11:22am On Jul 14, 2019
I never hear Orji Uzor say anything thoughtful or meaningful or even interesting.
We know they are disappointed with their salaries.Of course they will be.They have an incurable disease.
But for you to come out and voice it is quite insensible and stupid....which sadly has become your trademark.
There are daily killings,strikes and rumours of strike,UNPAID salaries,minimum wage,healthcare collapse and all sorts of issues befalling this country
And what does Orji uzor talk about?
The world's highest paid senators complaining about their meagre pay!

1 Like

Re: Many Senators Are Disappointed With Their Salaries – Uzor Kalu by cohug: 11:23am On Jul 14, 2019
i swear i fit stone this guy for this his statement.... civil servant are not getting good pay thats enough for their upkeep in a month.... this has turned alot of civil servants as beggars , some arr being owed salary for months...and this one is talking about senator pay.....infact i stone u from afar!
Re: Many Senators Are Disappointed With Their Salaries – Uzor Kalu by Mrjo(m): 11:41am On Jul 14, 2019
BENARI:
When did this one become senator that he is already lecturing us about the Senate. Just one month, and You already know every every abi?
This clown of a man won't cease to amuse me; cheesy
Honestly!
one month?

1 Like

Re: Many Senators Are Disappointed With Their Salaries – Uzor Kalu by Kakamorufu(m): 11:51am On Jul 14, 2019
thunder fire una
angry
Re: Many Senators Are Disappointed With Their Salaries – Uzor Kalu by kondogbia(m): 12:04pm On Jul 14, 2019
You're very stupid sir
Re: Many Senators Are Disappointed With Their Salaries – Uzor Kalu by Ugosample(m): 12:04pm On Jul 14, 2019
Angelfrost:
A trained, learned, and internationally-recognized university professor is on a salary of about 1 million (could be slightly more or less), while a barely literate senator whose real impact to his constituency and nation is less than a village masquerade collects over 5 million a month, and this buffoon is telling us it's not enough?....

I wish to use certain expletives, but I was raised better... And today is Sunday. undecided

that's the sad life in NiggerArea

warped value system

1 Like

Re: Many Senators Are Disappointed With Their Salaries – Uzor Kalu by Meritocracy: 12:37pm On Jul 14, 2019
Who sent you to be jumping up and down as a Senator and what happened to the juicy committee.
Re: Many Senators Are Disappointed With Their Salaries – Uzor Kalu by roliks99(f): 12:57pm On Jul 14, 2019
Baba resign na
Re: Many Senators Are Disappointed With Their Salaries – Uzor Kalu by Curry30: 1:03pm On Jul 14, 2019
If only Nigeria like USA had a law granting citizens right to bear arms, these fantastically self-serving greedy fools would've been long gone to the great beyond since!
Re: Many Senators Are Disappointed With Their Salaries – Uzor Kalu by chingymingy: 1:08pm On Jul 14, 2019
edunwablog:
A former Abia State Governor, Senator Orji Uzor Kalu has revealed that many senators are disappointed with their salaries after they got far below what they expected before getting into the Senate.

https://www.akelicious.net/2019/07/many-senators-are-disappointed-with.html

Kalu e be like say you want make thunder strike you bah? Very hopeless man called a leader
Re: Many Senators Are Disappointed With Their Salaries – Uzor Kalu by umarshehu58(m): 1:41pm On Jul 14, 2019
Another thief
Re: Many Senators Are Disappointed With Their Salaries – Uzor Kalu by laycon77: 1:42pm On Jul 14, 2019
He's just trying to play on our intelligence... what a strategy!
Re: Many Senators Are Disappointed With Their Salaries – Uzor Kalu by alfsalami: 1:47pm On Jul 14, 2019
If you've already received your June salary why is it difficult to announce ?
Re: Many Senators Are Disappointed With Their Salaries – Uzor Kalu by DeRay98(m): 1:52pm On Jul 14, 2019
They have started again oh!!
Them don dey tell us wetin dem want do very soon and no to jack up their multimillion Naira salary and bonuses...
Re: Many Senators Are Disappointed With Their Salaries – Uzor Kalu by gaskiyamagana: 1:53pm On Jul 14, 2019
How much are you excepting, how much did you collect?
For example, I am expecting 13 million as Senator Adeyeye revealed but I collected 3 million.
Re: Many Senators Are Disappointed With Their Salaries – Uzor Kalu by luckingto50: 2:03pm On Jul 14, 2019
[quote author=Nukilia post=80244010]Politicians in Nigeria are just greedy! You serve the people in 4 years and earn more than a civil servant who has worked for 35 years... [/quote

You are talking about 4 years just 1 month covers full 35 solid years civil servants spent in serving d country

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Youth Leader Kills Huge Camel To Celebrate Buhari's Return In Bauchi State. PICS / The Best And Worst Performing Governors In The South-East? / How Nigerian Soldiers Sleep On The War Field

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.