Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,460 members, 7,816,079 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:59 AM

Many Senators Are Disappointed With Their Salaries – Uzor Kalu - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Many Senators Are Disappointed With Their Salaries – Uzor Kalu (47044 Views)

We Are Disappointed With Inec's Decision To Review Obingwa's Results - Abia PDP / Garba Shehu: Some People Are Disappointed To Have Seen Buhari Real Life / We Are Disappointed With Nigeria’s 2019 General Elections — US (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Many Senators Are Disappointed With Their Salaries – Uzor Kalu by Nukilia: 2:21pm On Jul 14, 2019
luckingto50:
cry pathetic
Re: Many Senators Are Disappointed With Their Salaries – Uzor Kalu by Folksyharry(m): 2:25pm On Jul 14, 2019
I hope the senators know they can always resign if they are unhappy with the pay

1 Like

Re: Many Senators Are Disappointed With Their Salaries – Uzor Kalu by Agugbadin: 3:07pm On Jul 14, 2019
Why are senator s lieing about their salary, first it was the senate president now ir Orji
Re: Many Senators Are Disappointed With Their Salaries – Uzor Kalu by bigK001: 4:04pm On Jul 14, 2019
See his mouth.... Barawo Banza
Re: Many Senators Are Disappointed With Their Salaries – Uzor Kalu by delishpot: 6:29pm On Jul 14, 2019
They can vacate the seat and let others handle things. Are they the only qualified people to man those offices?

1 Like

Re: Many Senators Are Disappointed With Their Salaries – Uzor Kalu by babsthegreat: 6:36pm On Jul 14, 2019
Yeye dey worry dem what have they done for their constituencies

1 Like

Re: Many Senators Are Disappointed With Their Salaries – Uzor Kalu by Nobody: 7:10pm On Jul 14, 2019
Nigeria senators are the richest in the world, and they don't do anything for the people. Constituency allowance is for projects in the constituency,not your private traveling allowance. Una mouth don wide.

1 Like

Re: Many Senators Are Disappointed With Their Salaries – Uzor Kalu by BENARI: 8:53pm On Jul 14, 2019
Mrjo:
one month?

No clean my name o!

Clean Senator Orji Uzo Kalu
Re: Many Senators Are Disappointed With Their Salaries – Uzor Kalu by luluman: 10:52pm On Jul 14, 2019
edunwablog:
A former Abia State Governor, Senator Orji Uzor Kalu has revealed that many senators are disappointed with their salaries after they got far below what they expected before getting into the Senate.

Kalu, who is the Chief Whip of the Senate, stated this on Saturday in Abuja when he addressed journalists, promising to give details of what senators earn soon.

He said: “Let me address the issue of jumbo pay. I have received my salary for June and it is far below what you people are writing.

“If a minister is travelling to Lagos, would he use his legs? What you call fat salary are monies used to run the constituency because they don’t give us additional funds.

“It is the money we use when we travel to Abia, Lagos, Badagry or Kaduna. Next meeting, I will unveil to you.

“You will now see that you are maligning and criticising the National Assembly for nothing.

“Most of my colleagues said they did not know it was going to be like this and I said we came to serve our country as senators.

“When they were outside, they were also saying that all the money was carried by the National Assembly which is not true.

“The money they have given them is not going to be enough. I have seen them crying already.

“They came to me to complain because I have seen the good and the ugly.

“I think that the media is not fair to the National Assembly. I call on you people to change your minds because there is no jumbo pay; honestly, I have not seen one.

“If I see jumbo pay that does not represent my conscience, I will speak.

“When I was governor, the state was buying my food; the state paid everything, but as a senator, nobody does that.”

https://www.akelicious.net/2019/07/many-senators-are-disappointed-with.html
They can as well resign & get another Job now.
Re: Many Senators Are Disappointed With Their Salaries – Uzor Kalu by israel90: 11:43pm On Jul 14, 2019
Hmmm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Youth Leader Kills Huge Camel To Celebrate Buhari's Return In Bauchi State. PICS / The Best And Worst Performing Governors In The South-East? / How Nigerian Soldiers Sleep On The War Field

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.