Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,379 members, 7,812,107 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:22 AM

Soyinka Denies Criticising Pmb’s Administration - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soyinka Denies Criticising Pmb’s Administration (21762 Views)

Tinubu: Soyinka Denies Paying Tribute To APC Presidential Flagbearer / Dino Malaye During GEJ Vs Dino Malaye During PMB' Administration / Osun Election: Iwu Denies Criticising INEC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soyinka Denies Criticising Pmb’s Administration by modsfucker: 6:25pm On Jul 16, 2019
iammo:
grin

The ussual suspect.. the one that spread fake news.., the ones lamenting over afenifere's loss more than afenifere. The loudmouthed Buhari's number one enemy

The cocaine pushers from the land of the rising confusion

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Soyinka Denies Criticising Pmb’s Administration by anonymous1759(m): 6:26pm On Jul 16, 2019
careytommy37:
Typical Afonja Coward

Nawa for una.. You guys are sick. So anyone who's not on your side is automatically a coward? Ezhi ipob

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soyinka Denies Criticising Pmb’s Administration by Elvis2kay: 6:26pm On Jul 16, 2019
angry angry
Re: Soyinka Denies Criticising Pmb’s Administration by Vulcanheph(m): 6:26pm On Jul 16, 2019
Dont Blame the old man For acting Cowardly.....he justs wants to live his remaining days in peace.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Denies Criticising Pmb’s Administration by SOFTDRINK: 6:26pm On Jul 16, 2019
Rather than giving us this epistle as a rejoinder,why don't the Professor sue the newspaper for character assassination to show truly that he never said those words attributed to him.

Or

Maybe,he is just an Afonja.
Re: Soyinka Denies Criticising Pmb’s Administration by Nemesis909: 6:26pm On Jul 16, 2019
Nigerian media bent on instigating violence.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soyinka Denies Criticising Pmb’s Administration by Nobody: 6:26pm On Jul 16, 2019
iammo:
grin

The ussual suspect.. the one that spread fake news.., the ones lamenting over afenifere's loss more than afenifere. The loudmouthed Buhari's number one enemy

I thought the nation news is own by your tinubu

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soyinka Denies Criticising Pmb’s Administration by Xisnin(m): 6:26pm On Jul 16, 2019
Misleading headline.
Soyinka only denied that specific report.
Re: Soyinka Denies Criticising Pmb’s Administration by lexy2014: 6:27pm On Jul 16, 2019
Praktikals:
Only fools and children of hate criticize Buhari

Are u saying buhari is above criticism?

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Denies Criticising Pmb’s Administration by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:28pm On Jul 16, 2019

‘’I went on to add that governing a complex nation space known as Nigeria is especially challenging. The NATION’s report has mischievously detached, then reattached that comment elsewhere in order to introduce achievements of his or her own conceiving.
Only in Nigeria........

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soyinka Denies Criticising Pmb’s Administration by NPComplete: 6:28pm On Jul 16, 2019
iammo:
grin

You mean The Nation spreads fake news and are Buhari's number one enemy? Chai. Being a tribalist reduces the brain and ability to read and comprehend.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Denies Criticising Pmb’s Administration by obailala(m): 6:28pm On Jul 16, 2019
Vulcanheph:
Dont Blame the old man For acting Cowardly.....he justs wants to live his remaining days in peace.
Someone refutes a statement wrongly attributed to him and that suddenly becomes cowardice?.... Some people in this forum, una sure say una well at all?

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Soyinka Denies Criticising Pmb’s Administration by YahwehRocks: 6:28pm On Jul 16, 2019
Simply suffering from afonjaism.
But, forgive him not.
And forget it not.

6 Likes

Re: Soyinka Denies Criticising Pmb’s Administration by Gandollar(f): 6:29pm On Jul 16, 2019
I'm pained that majority of you up there didn't read the post before commenting.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Denies Criticising Pmb’s Administration by jrusky(m): 6:29pm On Jul 16, 2019
Pls let this man be he is no longer in our world.

Prof no need to deny anything we know how you got the job in one America university and we know what was on the table after 2015 election when Amaechi came to visit you in the forest where you live with monkey and bats.

Personally I have no problem with you denying anything as per Buhari govt but I can assure you if someone like me become the president Prof I bet you jail will be your next resting place for introducing cultism to Nigeria institution and thousands of students has died as a result of this. That is it. Good evening Prof.
Re: Soyinka Denies Criticising Pmb’s Administration by skukimania(f): 6:29pm On Jul 16, 2019
Esseite:
Prof we are disappointed, that man on the plane may have done a good thing collecting his seat back.

This is an opportunity to speak for him, his generation, his future, his country. But you cannot even lend a voice, but you wanted his seat..

We are disappointed prof.

So, he can not deny what was attributed to him, which he infact, didn't say again?
Re: Soyinka Denies Criticising Pmb’s Administration by Xisnin(m): 6:30pm On Jul 16, 2019
rahazaqa:
Vanguad, Punch, Tribune nowadays, they are not different from normal blog. One of the reason why i don't believe all these Fulani news they have been shunning out lately.

I hope Vanguard has paid Kiss Daniel his 10 billion for defamation.
You are right wise one.
People must stop believing these media people.
The Fulanis have nothing to do with Zamfara, Bauchi and Kaduna banditry.
They have nothing to do with kidnapping on the highways.
In fact, Fasoranti's daughter is not dead, she is very much alive.
Tinubu never visited Fasoranti's house it is all fake news.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Denies Criticising Pmb’s Administration by Gandollar(f): 6:30pm On Jul 16, 2019
YahwehRocks:
Simply suffering from afonjaism.
But, forgive him not.
And forget it not.
Pls read the OP. You didn't read.
Re: Soyinka Denies Criticising Pmb’s Administration by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jul 16, 2019
Praktikals:
Only fools and children of hate criticize Buhari
May the 'fools' be preserved from his ethnic jingoism and the 'wise and lovable' reap rewards of buhari's ethnic jingoism smiley
Re: Soyinka Denies Criticising Pmb’s Administration by Nobody: 6:31pm On Jul 16, 2019
rahazaqa:
Vanguad, Punch, Tribune nowadays, they are not different from normal blog. One of the reason why i don't believe all these Fulani news they have been shunning out lately.

I think this soyinka story first came out in the Nations paper

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soyinka Denies Criticising Pmb’s Administration by YahwehRocks: 6:31pm On Jul 16, 2019
Gandollar:
Pls read the OP. You didn't read.

Maybe you should transcribe it.
Re: Soyinka Denies Criticising Pmb’s Administration by 35824L: 6:32pm On Jul 16, 2019
rahazaqa:

The guardian and Daily trust are the only reliable newspapers now. I pray they remain professionally steadfast.
Re: Soyinka Denies Criticising Pmb’s Administration by Nobody: 6:32pm On Jul 16, 2019
iammo:

the grunting disgrunted Piglets
Is the Nation not a southwest media?
Re: Soyinka Denies Criticising Pmb’s Administration by Nobody: 6:33pm On Jul 16, 2019
pathetic filth!... why are my folks these Lily levered?
Re: Soyinka Denies Criticising Pmb’s Administration by chingymingy: 6:33pm On Jul 16, 2019
Ecstasy154:
GEORGE OKOJIE

Nobel laureate, Professor Wole Soyinka on Tuesday denied comments attributed to him in a national Newspaper on the administration of President Muhammadu Buhari.

Soyinka said he never uttered words attributed to him by the newspaper, which sought to cite the plague of violence by nomadic herdsmen for the “erosion of Buhari’s achievements.”

The newspaper had reported that Soyinka lamented the growing challenges posed to the security of Nigerians by herdsmen, saying President Muhammadu Buhari’s failure to resolve them has eroded his administration’s achievements.

Soyinka in his full rejoinder made available to journalists stated, ’’Re: Misrepresentation of Statement by The Nation’s Reporter. I denounce, in very strong terms, the report in THE NATION of July 15, 2019, regarding my exchange with school pupils who visited me in Abeokuta, on Sunday, July 14, as part of the organized events on my 85th Birthday.

‘’I am appalled that such a twisted and unprofessional account could be disseminated by a paper that has earned itself a high level of public regard, not only for its reporting, but for the galaxy of perceptive contributors on national affairs and other issues of public interest. It is a gross disservice to truth and conscience, and the pursuit of the journalistic profession as a whole.

‘’At no time did I utter the words attributed to me by that paper, which sought to cite the plague of violence by nomadic herdsmen for the “erosion of Buhari’s achievements”. Indeed, at no time in that exchange did the “achievements” of Nigeria’s current government – real or fictitious –come under consideration. The headlining is especially gratuitous, fictitious, and dishonest.

‘’For the avoidance of doubt, a school pupil had requested my assessment of ALL past Nigerian governments. In order to enable these pupils develop as objective, all-round critics, constantly aware of the context in which opinions should be formed, I began by warning them that governance is a difficult undertaking.

‘’I went on to add that governing a complex nation space known as Nigeria is especially challenging. The NATION’s report has mischievously detached, then reattached that comment elsewhere in order to introduce achievements of his or her own conceiving.

‘’For good measure, comments on rampaging herdsmen were similarly displaced and relocated to provide Buhari’s government alibi for failures. This is crude, mind-boggling, propaganda, unworthy of any but suborned professionals.

‘’Such outrageous ploy is no different from the conduct of social media commentators – especially at election time –who, lacking the courage to propagate their personal opinions, impudently steal the identities of others – mine being a favorite — including pasted photographs, in order to participate in public discourse. It is sad to see this unprincipled conduct being adopted by the print media.’’

https://leadership.ng/2019/07/16/soyinka-denies-criticising-pmbs-administration/

Wan ti de ooh.

Baba Prof. the fear fear don wash him hand comot. #chaii
Re: Soyinka Denies Criticising Pmb’s Administration by BlackCrainte: 6:34pm On Jul 16, 2019
[s]
SOFTDRINK:
Rather than giving us this epistle as a rejoinder,why don't the Professor sue the newspaper for character assassination to show truly that he never said those words attributed to him.

Or

Maybe,he is just an Afonja.
[/s]
Re: Soyinka Denies Criticising Pmb’s Administration by StoneLucifer: 6:34pm On Jul 16, 2019
I have never for 1 second taken this man serious.. Oh i forgot Afonja blood flows in his veins. Baba Soyinka, ur time is fast running out. U lack courage to speak out the truth as raw as it is. We youths have lost respect for u since your pronounciation of denouncing your U.S affiliation if Trump emerges President which u never did.. Please go and sit down. I want to listen to James Malema of South Africa talk sense to our African leaders...
Re: Soyinka Denies Criticising Pmb’s Administration by plaindealer: 6:34pm On Jul 16, 2019
Well said Prof.

The onslaught of lies, fake news and propaganda by the enemies of Nigeria and the Nigerian association of letter writers (NALW) won't work.

The propagandists and enemies of Nigeria are working overtime to make Yoruba people go to war against the North?

It won't happen, abandon your failed and DOA mission because we are too smart to fall for their evil schemes.

God Bless Nigeria..

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka Denies Criticising Pmb’s Administration by DonBenny77(m): 6:36pm On Jul 16, 2019
We don't care. You lost it long ago, you were a great man.
Re: Soyinka Denies Criticising Pmb’s Administration by Virusnation: 6:37pm On Jul 16, 2019
That's a Yoruba man for you.. they can never stand firm

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Subsidy Probe: Otedola Confirms Bribe To Lawmakers / Profile Of Ibrahim Dankwambo And His Nigerian Presidential Bid / IPOB Meets Igbo Leaders, Lists Conditions For Peace

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.