Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,098 members, 7,828,834 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:50 PM

Soyinka Denies Criticising Pmb’s Administration - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soyinka Denies Criticising Pmb’s Administration (21789 Views)

Tinubu: Soyinka Denies Paying Tribute To APC Presidential Flagbearer / Dino Malaye During GEJ Vs Dino Malaye During PMB' Administration / Osun Election: Iwu Denies Criticising INEC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soyinka Denies Criticising Pmb’s Administration by Myself2(m): 7:36pm On Jul 16, 2019
Esseite:
Prof we are disappointed, that man on the plane may have done a good thing collecting his seat back.

This is an opportunity to speak for him, his generation, his future, his country. Even if they were not your exact words, you could have buttressed your point while commenting on the issue rather than ridiculing the whole article while wanting his seat..

We are disappointed prof.... at 85 sir, you have nothing to fear, even death.

I stood with the young man on the plane and if I were to be in his shoes, I'd also ask Soyinka to vacate my seat for me. Useless man, if it were to be Mrs Patience Jonathan,oh he will find his voice and attack her endlessly on pages of newspaper and at every interview he grants,,calling her shepopothamus ( another person's wife o) that was when Iost the remaining atom of respect I had for the man , yeye over hyped writer

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Denies Criticising Pmb’s Administration by Nobody: 7:42pm On Jul 16, 2019
Basher8583:

Mumu. Are you the one that spoke for him. Aproko. The man said him no talk am. How e come dey pain you. Not everyone is as foolish as you and your newfound elder Obasanjo
OAM4J , Mynd44 could you guys please remove this kid from my mention
Re: Soyinka Denies Criticising Pmb’s Administration by somehow: 7:51pm On Jul 16, 2019
Nigerian media has gone to the dogs.

For your own good, only take a signed article by the so called speaker, audio (clear) and video (clear) news serious.
Re: Soyinka Denies Criticising Pmb’s Administration by spirul77: 7:56pm On Jul 16, 2019
seeing comments above makes me believe Nigerians don't read at all, many notable monikers fall my hand here, Chai, the nation newspapers twisted what Soyinka said to make it look like Soyinka said "the current security situation is eroding buhari's ACHIEVEMENTS" and the old man came out to put it straight that there was never any "achievements" and una just read the headline start dey talk rubbish, I pity una sha.

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka Denies Criticising Pmb’s Administration by plaindealer: 8:09pm On Jul 16, 2019
All the anti Nigerian government news in Nigeria are all fake rubbish fabricated by evil wishers, separatist elements, election losers and the usual tribalism obsessed descendants of ipob nation.

Thanks to the Prof for setting the record straight.
Re: Soyinka Denies Criticising Pmb’s Administration by akdjr(m): 8:17pm On Jul 16, 2019
Criminal sponsors will always device every means to sway your level of thinking. Let's be very prudent at this time of security challenges and never allow those who want to set one ethnic group against another to have their way within our mind.
Re: Soyinka Denies Criticising Pmb’s Administration by NPComplete: 8:25pm On Jul 16, 2019
iammo:

you brain is leaking if you didnt notice that i never mentioned any tribe, or is your mind telling you something?

Lol. Low IQ tribalist king of morons that can't read before disgracing himself in haste.
Re: Soyinka Denies Criticising Pmb’s Administration by cosmos1440: 8:26pm On Jul 16, 2019
[quote author=Ecstasy154 post=8033071

‘’At no time did I utter the words attributed to me by that paper, which sought to cite the plague of violence by nomadic herdsmen for the “erosion of Buhari’s achievements”. Indeed, at no time in that exchange did the “achievements” of Nigeria’s current government – real or fictitious –come under consideration. The headlining is especially gratuitous, fictitious, and dishonest.

The NATION’s report has mischievously detached, then reattached that comment elsewhere in order to introduce achievements of his or her own conceiving.

‘’For good measure, comments on rampaging herdsmen were similarly displaced and relocated to provide Buhari’s government alibi for failures.

‘’ It is sad to see this unprincipled conduct being adopted by the print media.’’

https://leadership.ng/2019/07/16/soyinka-denies-criticising-pmbs-administration/

[/quote]

It is sad and unfortunate that some miscreants only use nairaland to unleash their tribal sentiments.
The prof said their was no achievement at all in the first place. Yet you still accuse him of not criticizing the government.
What criticism could be more than this ?

Before you comment after only reading the headline because the article seem too long. Then read only parts of the article quoted before commenting.
Re: Soyinka Denies Criticising Pmb’s Administration by bionixs: 8:26pm On Jul 16, 2019
Ecstasy154:
GEORGE OKOJIE

Nobel laureate, Professor Wole Soyinka on Tuesday denied comments attributed to him in a national Newspaper on the administration of President Muhammadu Buhari.

Soyinka said he never uttered words attributed to him by the newspaper, which sought to cite the plague of violence by nomadic herdsmen for the “erosion of Buhari’s achievements.”

The newspaper had reported that Soyinka lamented the growing challenges posed to the security of Nigerians by herdsmen, saying President Muhammadu Buhari’s failure to resolve them has eroded his administration’s achievements.

Soyinka in his full rejoinder made available to journalists stated, ’’Re: Misrepresentation of Statement by The Nation’s Reporter. I denounce, in very strong terms, the report in THE NATION of July 15, 2019, regarding my exchange with school pupils who visited me in Abeokuta, on Sunday, July 14, as part of the organized events on my 85th Birthday.

‘’I am appalled that such a twisted and unprofessional account could be disseminated by a paper that has earned itself a high level of public regard, not only for its reporting, but for the galaxy of perceptive contributors on national affairs and other issues of public interest. It is a gross disservice to truth and conscience, and the pursuit of the journalistic profession as a whole.

‘’At no time did I utter the words attributed to me by that paper, which sought to cite the plague of violence by nomadic herdsmen for the “erosion of Buhari’s achievements”. Indeed, at no time in that exchange did the “achievements” of Nigeria’s current government – real or fictitious –come under consideration. The headlining is especially gratuitous, fictitious, and dishonest.

‘’For the avoidance of doubt, a school pupil had requested my assessment of ALL past Nigerian governments. In order to enable these pupils develop as objective, all-round critics, constantly aware of the context in which opinions should be formed, I began by warning them that governance is a difficult undertaking.

‘’I went on to add that governing a complex nation space known as Nigeria is especially challenging. The NATION’s report has mischievously detached, then reattached that comment elsewhere in order to introduce achievements of his or her own conceiving.

‘’For good measure, comments on rampaging herdsmen were similarly displaced and relocated to provide Buhari’s government alibi for failures. This is crude, mind-boggling, propaganda, unworthy of any but suborned professionals.

‘’Such outrageous ploy is no different from the conduct of social media commentators – especially at election time –who, lacking the courage to propagate their personal opinions, impudently steal the identities of others – mine being a favorite — including pasted photographs, in order to participate in public discourse. It is sad to see this unprincipled conduct being adopted by the print media.’’

https://leadership.ng/2019/07/16/soyinka-denies-criticising-pmbs-administration/

e dey for blood
Re: Soyinka Denies Criticising Pmb’s Administration by bionixs: 8:27pm On Jul 16, 2019
Blackfire:
Afonja eh.....

grin grin grin
that is
Re: Soyinka Denies Criticising Pmb’s Administration by Nobody: 8:30pm On Jul 16, 2019
Ecstasy154:
GEORGE OKOJIE

Nobel laureate, Professor Wole Soyinka on Tuesday denied comments attributed to him in a national Newspaper on the administration of President Muhammadu Buhari.

Soyinka said he never uttered words attributed to him by the newspaper, which sought to cite the plague of violence by nomadic herdsmen for the “erosion of Buhari’s achievements.”

The newspaper had reported that Soyinka lamented the growing challenges posed to the security of Nigerians by herdsmen, saying President Muhammadu Buhari’s failure to resolve them has eroded his administration’s achievements.

Soyinka in his full rejoinder made available to journalists stated, ’’Re: Misrepresentation of Statement by The Nation’s Reporter. I denounce, in very strong terms, the report in THE NATION of July 15, 2019, regarding my exchange with school pupils who visited me in Abeokuta, on Sunday, July 14, as part of the organized events on my 85th Birthday.

‘’I am appalled that such a twisted and unprofessional account could be disseminated by a paper that has earned itself a high level of public regard, not only for its reporting, but for the galaxy of perceptive contributors on national affairs and other issues of public interest. It is a gross disservice to truth and conscience, and the pursuit of the journalistic profession as a whole.

‘’For the avoidance of doubt, a school pupil had requested my assessment of ALL past Nigerian governments. In order to enable these pupils develop as objective, all-round critics, constantly aware of the context in which opinions should be formed, I began by warning them that governance is a difficult undertaking.

‘’I went on to add that governing a complex nation space known as Nigeria is especially challenging. The NATION’s report has mischievously detached, then reattached that comment elsewhere in order to introduce achievements of his or her own conceiving.

‘’For good measure, comments on rampaging herdsmen were similarly displaced and relocated to provide Buhari’s government alibi for failures. This is crude, mind-boggling, propaganda, unworthy of any but suborned professionals.

‘’Such outrageous ploy is no different from the conduct of social media commentators – especially at election time –who, lacking the courage to propagate their personal opinions, impudently steal the identities of others – mine being a favorite — including pasted photographs, in order to participate in public discourse. It is sad to see this unprincipled conduct being adopted by the print media.’’

Your headline is not in sync. with the content. Your headline reeks of cloaking and you're doing the old man a disservice.

He never denied critixising Buharis's administration. What he said was that he never at anytime used the term "erosion of Buharis's achievement".

That message is simple enough to grasp.

You these bloggers should have conscience now...
Re: Soyinka Denies Criticising Pmb’s Administration by Nobody: 8:34pm On Jul 16, 2019
Sai baba!!!
Re: Soyinka Denies Criticising Pmb’s Administration by Nobody: 8:40pm On Jul 16, 2019
Esseite:
Prof we are disappointed, that man on the plane may have done a good thing collecting his seat back.

This is an opportunity to speak for him, his generation, his future, his country. Even if they were not your exact words, you could have buttressed your point while commenting on the issue rather than ridiculing the whole article while wanting his seat..

The OP grossly misrepresented what the old man said by twisting the title to sate his own political inclination.

If you read the content, you word get the big picture.

The old man never denied criticising Buhari's government.

He said he never used the term "erosion of Buhari's achievement".

What he meant by that is:

He never at any time implied that Buhari's administration had any achievement which could be eroded to start with.
Re: Soyinka Denies Criticising Pmb’s Administration by Nobody: 8:44pm On Jul 16, 2019
BishopMagic:
Coward old man

You didn't read the post. You only read the title which the OP had grossly twisted to sate his own political inclination.

He never at any time implied that Buhari's administration had any achievement which could be eroded to start with.
Re: Soyinka Denies Criticising Pmb’s Administration by Iziquiel(m): 8:46pm On Jul 16, 2019
Hedonini:
I'm really disappointed with this old fool. Since he soiled his hands with Tinubu's filthy lucre years ago, he has reduced himself to a discredited, bumbling simpleton with zero credibility.

To think that someone like this was awarded a dubious Nobel Laureate.

This shameless old man is no where near and comparable to the socially conscious (and intellectually superior) Chinua Achebe. God bless his soul.
If only we know your papa name. What's the problem with some of you sef? Is it proper for a newspaper outlet to publish something one did not say? Why are you so mad because the man came out to issue a rejoinder on a false story? You just dey constitute nuisance on cyber space.
Re: Soyinka Denies Criticising Pmb’s Administration by Nobody: 8:52pm On Jul 16, 2019
Xisnin:
Soyinka only denied that specific report.

You are one of the few who actually read the post...

Most people commenting here didn't even read. They read the title and jumped on the thread insulting the old man.

Meanwhile, the OP's title isn't in sync. with the content of the post.

He grossly twisted the title to misrepresent the man's words to suit his own political inclination.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Denies Criticising Pmb’s Administration by Nobody: 9:02pm On Jul 16, 2019
GeorgeTheCoder:

Did you read and understand the article ? I don't think so.

He didn't...

Like many nairalanders here, he simply read the title which the OP had grossly twisted & misrepresented to suit his own political tent and jumped on the thread insulting the old man.

If we the youths of today can't even analyse the content of a text, then I pity the future of this country.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Denies Criticising Pmb’s Administration by 8stargeneral: 9:15pm On Jul 16, 2019
Nah wetin I use know afonjas be dat, dey be chemlon!
Re: Soyinka Denies Criticising Pmb’s Administration by Pavarottii(m): 9:20pm On Jul 16, 2019
plaindealer:

Well said Prof.

The onslaught of lies, fake news and propaganda by the enemies of Nigeria and the Nigerian association of letter writers (NALW) won't work.

The propagandists and enemies of Nigeria are working overtime to make Yoruba people go to war against the North?

It won't happen, abandon your failed and DOA mission because we are too smart to fall for their evil schemes.

God Bless Nigeria..
Calm down na tinubu newspaper talk am.
Re: Soyinka Denies Criticising Pmb’s Administration by Pavarottii(m): 9:21pm On Jul 16, 2019
Noel1:

The OP grossly misrepresented what the old man said by twisting the title to sate his own political inclination.

U can't u read this topic... ?
Re: Soyinka Denies Criticising Pmb’s Administration by Nobody: 9:23pm On Jul 16, 2019
Pavarottii:

U can't u read this topic... ?

What u mean
Re: Soyinka Denies Criticising Pmb’s Administration by deji17: 9:25pm On Jul 16, 2019
I really dont understand why some people will seat down, think of what to do and then fabricate lies.
What manner of evil lives inside man?
Re: Soyinka Denies Criticising Pmb’s Administration by AnanseK(m): 9:31pm On Jul 16, 2019
Esseite:

Sorry Prof. Children of hate will go to any extent to destroy the country. They can print “ interviews” they conducted with God just to spite the government. After all did they not report Buhari’s death and did they not insist that he is a clone and Jibril from Sudan?
Re: Soyinka Denies Criticising Pmb’s Administration by baganas: 10:13pm On Jul 16, 2019
Centcanada:
If he criticise him is it a bad thing? Nonsense!
But he didn't so why the lie
Re: Soyinka Denies Criticising Pmb’s Administration by baganas: 10:18pm On Jul 16, 2019
Vulcanheph:
Dont Blame the old man For acting Cowardly.....he justs wants to live his remaining days in peace.
Yesterday he wasn't coward! What a mind set
Re: Soyinka Denies Criticising Pmb’s Administration by baganas: 10:30pm On Jul 16, 2019
Hedonini:
I'm really disappointed with this old fool. Since he soiled his hands with Tinubu's filthy lucre years ago, he has reduced himself to a discredited, bumbling simpleton with zero credibility.

To think that someone like this was awarded a dubious Nobel Laureate.

This shameless old man is no where near and comparable to the socially conscious (and intellectually superior) Chinua Achebe. God bless his soul.
Since when did you realise it. Only yesterday you all are quoting him. Now he reputed a lie against him and you throw insults against a man old enough to be your father. It's so disgusting how hatred can poison the mind

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Denies Criticising Pmb’s Administration by baganas: 10:40pm On Jul 16, 2019
niaralandtopuser:

so it is southwest media twisting a southwesterner words to suit their agenda?
I know you were thinking the news came from vanguard or other news medium in the old eastern region
Most every issue has an ethnic connotations. The Nation could be any newspaper. That's not the issue here
Re: Soyinka Denies Criticising Pmb’s Administration by OGHENAOGIE(m): 10:41pm On Jul 16, 2019
niaralandtopuser:
lol
what is soyinka afraid of at his age?
he seems to be forgetting much these days . dementia is gradually creeping in
Soyinka is only saying he should not be quoted for what he didn't say...if you follow matter he critic ruga saying ranching was the best and a critical way since herdsmen was a thorny issue fakes news is very bad that's his point
Re: Soyinka Denies Criticising Pmb’s Administration by goody2019: 10:42pm On Jul 16, 2019
spartan50:

Shut up! The truth is glaring but you defend an illiterate passionately. Who always trades blames instead of accepting his failures.
Be guided please

Telling an old man of 85 to 'shut up'?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigeria Is Bleeding - Major-general Bashir Magashi / NECA Director-General, Timothy Olawale Is Dead / Nigerians Will Defeat Tinubu, Not ₦50 Billion – Peter Obi’s Camp Replies Fayose

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.