Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,049 members, 7,828,690 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:59 PM

Soyinka Denies Criticising Pmb’s Administration - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soyinka Denies Criticising Pmb’s Administration (21787 Views)

Tinubu: Soyinka Denies Paying Tribute To APC Presidential Flagbearer / Dino Malaye During GEJ Vs Dino Malaye During PMB' Administration / Osun Election: Iwu Denies Criticising INEC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soyinka Denies Criticising Pmb’s Administration by wifeesnatcher(m): 6:37pm On Jul 16, 2019
kokoetemma:
Afonjas na wa for una ooo

hasty generalization
Re: Soyinka Denies Criticising Pmb’s Administration by Nobody: 6:38pm On Jul 16, 2019
I'm really disappointed with this old fool. Since he soiled his hands with Tinubu's filthy lucre years ago, he has reduced himself to a discredited, bumbling simpleton with zero credibility.

To think that someone like this was awarded a dubious Nobel Laureate.

This shameless old man is no where near and comparable to the socially conscious (and intellectually superior) Chinua Achebe. God bless his soul.

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka Denies Criticising Pmb’s Administration by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:39pm On Jul 16, 2019
obailala:

Someone refutes a statement wrongly attributed to him and that suddenly becomes cowardice?.... Some people in this forum, una sure say una well at all?
Lol cheesy.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Denies Criticising Pmb’s Administration by SilasNwude: 6:39pm On Jul 16, 2019
[s]
BlackCrainte:
[/s]
Re: Soyinka Denies Criticising Pmb’s Administration by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:41pm On Jul 16, 2019
Hedonini:
I'm really disappointed with this old fool. Since he soiled his hands with Tinubu's filthy lucre years ago, he has reduced himself to a discredited, bumbling simpleton with zero credibility.

To think that someone like this was awarded a dubious Nobel Laureate.

This shameless old man is no where near and comparable to the socially conscious (and intellectually superior) Chinua Achebe. God bless his soul.
U go wail, u go tire cheesy wink grin.

See dis tin calling Soyinka an old fool!
We know your type and what you do at home.....! cheesy
SAY NO MORE!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soyinka Denies Criticising Pmb’s Administration by Ojiofor: 6:42pm On Jul 16, 2019
He don collect as usual.Remember the 80mln naira dinner with Amaechi and oloshos?

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Denies Criticising Pmb’s Administration by lomprico(m): 6:45pm On Jul 16, 2019
No be Yoruba he be again?
Re: Soyinka Denies Criticising Pmb’s Administration by espeeroke: 6:45pm On Jul 16, 2019
I have stopped respecting his political views pre-2019 election. In fact, I began to wonder if Baba has secured back his rectitude when I red that report.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Denies Criticising Pmb’s Administration by GeorgeTheCoder: 6:47pm On Jul 16, 2019
Esseite:
Prof we are disappointed, that man on the plane may have done a good thing collecting his seat back.

This is an opportunity to speak for him, his generation, his future, his country. But you cannot even lend a voice, but you wanted his seat..

We are disappointed prof.

Did you read and understand the article ? I don't think so.
Re: Soyinka Denies Criticising Pmb’s Administration by Jetrue3oo: 6:48pm On Jul 16, 2019
Na to invent cultism na him sabi na them keep Nigeria for this level wey we dey today coward freedom fighters
Re: Soyinka Denies Criticising Pmb’s Administration by Okoroawusa: 6:50pm On Jul 16, 2019
FortifiedCity:
grin

Wetin dem don give baba. I'm beginning to think OBJ has more balls than a lot of them
I can see that the grammar of Sole Soyinka is too big for ur understanding.

The man is simply saying that at no time did he grant any interview to any journalist n what was reported of him saying is false.

Capice?

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Denies Criticising Pmb’s Administration by Icon79(m): 6:50pm On Jul 16, 2019
Without a doubt, baba Wole Soyinka is my favorite Nigerian alive.

Much respect, sir!

O pari

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soyinka Denies Criticising Pmb’s Administration by seunayantokun(m): 6:52pm On Jul 16, 2019
Some people commenting here don't read to comprehend but to see what they have in their minds alone, just like the reporters Prof Soyinka criticised.
For goodness' sake, the Nobel laureate has never been afraid to air his views any time any day anywhere. I just suspect those who are jumping to their usual "Afonja" retrogressive conclusions are babies.
Please those who wish among them should endeavour to understand this excerpt:
"For good measure, comments on rampaging herdsmen were similarly displaced and relocated to provide Buhari’s government alibi for failures. This is crude, mind-boggling, propaganda, unworthy of any but suborned professionals."

When he criticises, say so; when he has not criticised, don't put words in his mouth. That is just the point in the report.
Re: Soyinka Denies Criticising Pmb’s Administration by kitaatita: 6:52pm On Jul 16, 2019
Ecstasy154:

‘’For good measure, comments on rampaging herdsmen were similarly displaced and relocated to provide Buhari’s government alibi for failures. This is crude, mind-boggling, propaganda, unworthy of any but suborned professionals.

https://leadership.ng/2019/07/16/soyinka-denies-criticising-pmbs-administration/

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Denies Criticising Pmb’s Administration by Angelfrost(m): 6:53pm On Jul 16, 2019
This is what happens when useless and unethical bloggers transition to full blown journalists... Someone probably just lost his job due to his penchant for sensationalism.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soyinka Denies Criticising Pmb’s Administration by Kei144(m): 6:57pm On Jul 16, 2019
Most posters on this thread don't seem to understand that Soyinka is annoyed with the claim that he mentioned "Buhari's achievements", which is another way of saying that, in his opinion, Buhari should not be associated with the word "achievements". It is gratuitous to associate Buhari with achievements.
Re: Soyinka Denies Criticising Pmb’s Administration by FarahAideed: 6:59pm On Jul 16, 2019
Trust a Yoruba man at your own peril
Re: Soyinka Denies Criticising Pmb’s Administration by Nobody: 7:00pm On Jul 16, 2019
I have a great respect and admiration for Wole Soyinka as a literary genius. I am not here to either say whether the comments attributed to him were actually true or not. All I have to say is this: If Mr. Soyinka never made the comments that the newspaper attributted to him, then that would be journalistic malpractice. However, if he made the comments condemning Mr. Buhari for the spate of killings going on in the country unabated but tries to deny them now for whatever reason, then he's a coward. It's not out character for print and electronic media to take statements out of context or better yet out-rightly lie. Also, it's not out of character for people to make statements and later deny ever making such for reasons best known to them. So, it can go either way but in this kerfuffle, my money is on Mr. Soyinka. He's been a man known to speak his mind without fear or favor in his prime and I do not believe that he would kow-tow to any one now in his later years when he has absolutely nothing to lose.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Denies Criticising Pmb’s Administration by Nobody: 7:06pm On Jul 16, 2019
iammo:
grin

The ussual suspect.. the one that spread fake news.., the ones lamenting over afenifere's loss more than afenifere. The loudmouthed Buhari's number one enemy.... Its a surprise they haven't Photoshoped Isreali massod or Donald trump leading US seal to Ore in their drones and ari submaines to arrest fulani herdsmen terrorising the "African Jews"

Awon Emir of Fake News, chief wailers and lamentation expert

Are you alright?
Re: Soyinka Denies Criticising Pmb’s Administration by Nobody: 7:08pm On Jul 16, 2019
edibobo:
ALL YORUBA COWARDS PLAYING HIDE AND SEEK.
YORUBA RACE IS A GREEN SNAKE...NEVER TRUST THEM
I think it's a general lack of commitment to just about anything.They are so afraid of losing out so they rarely stand for anything,afraid that what they condemned may become better tomorrow.

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka Denies Criticising Pmb’s Administration by Happyone07(m): 7:12pm On Jul 16, 2019
Even if you did, it came too late..
Since you didn't, no time will b perfect
You show no bravery with ur Nobel price...

You r one of the reasons why education in Nigeria is of no regard by the illiterate

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Denies Criticising Pmb’s Administration by Nobody: 7:13pm On Jul 16, 2019
iammo:

Atleast i never called any region? so?
so it is southwest media twisting a southwesterner words to suit their agenda?
I know you were thinking the news came from vanguard or other news medium in the old eastern region

3 Likes

Re: Soyinka Denies Criticising Pmb’s Administration by Nobody: 7:14pm On Jul 16, 2019
post=80331973:

U go wail, u go tire cheesy wink grin.

See dis tin calling Soyinka an old fool!
We know your type and what you do at home.....! cheesy
SAY NO MORE!

If you quote me again, you will fall inside the dirty pot of hot oil you use to fry your nonsense BBQ.

I have no time for senseless, miserable APC zombies like you. You're of less value than my excreta.

5 Likes

Re: Soyinka Denies Criticising Pmb’s Administration by Nobody: 7:20pm On Jul 16, 2019
J111333:
Cowards, na their way. undecided
if dem call afonjas betrayers naw dem go vex.
shebi una eyes don clear. (some afonjas are gud though.... the guilty ones will insult me.)

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka Denies Criticising Pmb’s Administration by NnwachukuOkike: 7:22pm On Jul 16, 2019
Don't bother to explain, we know bribery changes hand.

It is either Fulani jihadist in EFCC, DSS or other zombies fulani security unite invaded him. What a quick denial of speaking truths to power and Fulani principalities!

Re: Soyinka Denies Criticising Pmb’s Administration by kayusely70(m): 7:24pm On Jul 16, 2019
In journalism that is called "interpretative reporting".
Re: Soyinka Denies Criticising Pmb’s Administration by RTSC: 7:31pm On Jul 16, 2019
iammo:
grin

The ussual suspect.. the one that spread fake news.., the ones lamenting over afenifere's loss more than afenifere. The loudmouthed Buhari's number one enemy.... Its a surprise they haven't Photoshoped Isreali massod or Donald trump leading US seal to Ore in their drones and ari submaines to arrest fulani herdsmen terrorising the "African Jews"

Awon Emir of Fake News, chief wailers and lamentation expert

So Even with the pathetic state of things where travellers are attacked and kidnapped, you still have the enfontery to attack fellow Nigerians looking for a better security.

Even if you are an irredeemable sycophant, you don't know when to shut up?

If those Fulani herds men fall on you, do you think buhari will care?
What makes you different from the thousands that have died.?

If you don't have sense, borrow one.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Obong Of Eket: PDP, APC Want Osinbajo To Succeed Buhari / Obasanjo, Grandmaster Of Timing, Changes Calculations For 2019 - Jideofor Adibe / Subsidy Probe: Otedola Confirms Bribe To Lawmakers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.