Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,830 members, 7,810,194 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:04 PM

Victoria Kimani Reacts To Exclusion Of Kenyans Artists From Lion King - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Victoria Kimani Reacts To Exclusion Of Kenyans Artists From Lion King (46195 Views)

Tiwa Savage Rents Entire Cinema For Son To Watch The Lion King / Victoria Kimani Steps Out In Sexy Transparent Outfit (Photos) / Man Slapped For Grabbing Victoria Kimani’s Ass (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Victoria Kimani Reacts To Exclusion Of Kenyans Artists From Lion King by xty50(f): 7:18am On Jul 17, 2019
BabaIbo:
There's a South African artist on the list, Busigwa, I like her songs
ok
Re: Victoria Kimani Reacts To Exclusion Of Kenyans Artists From Lion King by xaggar(m): 7:20am On Jul 17, 2019
Make sense like when they produced Thor with Brad Pitt and they did not use indigenous Greeks I watched a video where a Greek woman who went for audition was denied and the role was given to an Albanian instead cool

Imagine if they dare act Queen Amina or Queen Idia or King Jaja or Biographies on Chinua Achebe or Rotimi Williams and they use South Africans or Liberians,
Nancy all of us go carry placards nau angry

I'm still waiting to watch John Wick 3, I beg who don't get am?

#SayYesToIndegenousActorsAndActresses

Thor is actually a Norwegian thing not Greek. Its Scandinavian. You goofed big time. Lol!
Re: Victoria Kimani Reacts To Exclusion Of Kenyans Artists From Lion King by owowa145(m): 7:26am On Jul 17, 2019
ifiokbenzy:
Maybe she's right in as much as "Simba - the Lion king" was a Safari concept. Beyonce knows better who can deliver what she wants...
In all fairness, i don't like this babe but i av to divorce sentiments and say d truth. She is on point on this. But at d Same time, Beyonce went with recognition and who won't want to cash out on a project (album) he/she has spent heavily on? My thoughts tho.
Re: Victoria Kimani Reacts To Exclusion Of Kenyans Artists From Lion King by wisdomsnr(m): 7:27am On Jul 17, 2019
namiji2598:
Let me booked a space and sleep lipsrsealed tomorrow morning I will comments
this is mourning
Re: Victoria Kimani Reacts To Exclusion Of Kenyans Artists From Lion King by JoseRaji(m): 7:37am On Jul 17, 2019
Sundaygeorge:
I think say Victoria kimani na Yoruba babe.. ...

Who doesn't know she's Kenyan?
Re: Victoria Kimani Reacts To Exclusion Of Kenyans Artists From Lion King by richard58: 7:42am On Jul 17, 2019
BerryAnny:
Africans and our sense of entitlement or should I say this Kimani is simply being stupid?
You're questioning someone on who and who she selects to work with on her project,her f*cking project not yours.
What happened to you selecting other artistes you feel were 'neglected' and record your album too?
That's how Bonang or what's she called ranting Beyonce didn't feature any South African artiste,forming Pan-African on top another man's work.
Idiats!!!
You can imagine
Re: Victoria Kimani Reacts To Exclusion Of Kenyans Artists From Lion King by namiji2598: 7:47am On Jul 17, 2019
wisdomsnr:
this is [/s]mourning[s]morning
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Victoria Kimani Reacts To Exclusion Of Kenyans Artists From Lion King by Equity15(m): 8:07am On Jul 17, 2019
shogsman:
Is lion king a movie or an album.
someone should answer this question please..I'm also confused
Re: Victoria Kimani Reacts To Exclusion Of Kenyans Artists From Lion King by Nobody: 8:10am On Jul 17, 2019
not cool
Re: Victoria Kimani Reacts To Exclusion Of Kenyans Artists From Lion King by Midas01: 8:11am On Jul 17, 2019
Do you have avengers endgame?
Businext:
tongue

Make sense like when they produced Thor with Brad Pitt and they did not use indigenous Greeks I watched a video where a Greek woman who went for audition was denied and the role was given to an Albanian instead cool

Imagine if they dare act Queen Amina or Queen Idia or King Jaja or Biographies on Chinua Achebe or Rotimi Williams and they use South Africans or Liberians,
Nancy all of us go carry placards nau angry

I'm still waiting to watch John Wick 3, I beg who don't get am?

#SayYesToIndegenousActorsAndActresses

Check my siggy
Re: Victoria Kimani Reacts To Exclusion Of Kenyans Artists From Lion King by mrpaedo(m): 8:12am On Jul 17, 2019
chuckjonesbaba:

I don't know why other African countries especially Kenyans hate Nigerians so much.. they are envious of what Nigeria can do and the power as the giant of Africa. That is why I am so sad when I see disunity amongst our people. We are GREAT and formidable if only we can invest in our great diversity and be the Leading black nation we were meant to be.
grin grin Especially Kenyans,south Africans and Ghanaians.Ordinary songs on an album they dey vex.When many Nigerians are completely indifferent to the news

2 Likes

Re: Victoria Kimani Reacts To Exclusion Of Kenyans Artists From Lion King by Calismart(m): 8:18am On Jul 17, 2019
Prezzkhid:
That "go and do your own lion king and feature your Kenya artist" really touched my soul... Its just some minutes past 3 but the guy have made my day with that comment...

Lol
Re: Victoria Kimani Reacts To Exclusion Of Kenyans Artists From Lion King by IronGalaxy: 8:29am On Jul 17, 2019
mrpaedo:
grin grin Especially Kenyans,south Africans and Ghanaians.Ordinary songs on an album they dey vex.When many Nigerians are completely indifferent to the news
forget it. We are South Africans always feel lucky to be South Africans. We look at Nigeria and we feel no envy at all, on the contrary we are lucky not to experience your conditions. Why do you always think people are envious of you? Why do you think you're so special?

1 Like

Re: Victoria Kimani Reacts To Exclusion Of Kenyans Artists From Lion King by IronGalaxy: 8:32am On Jul 17, 2019
TheWrita:
She has a point.I expected artistes from east Africa and south Africa.They have the lions and the 'sound' of Africa.Beyonce filled the album with mediocre Nigerian artistes and what not.I don't expect that album to sell anyway.It wasn't well thought out.
there are South African artists in this project. Check you facts. Busiswa. Moonchild Sanelly
Re: Victoria Kimani Reacts To Exclusion Of Kenyans Artists From Lion King by stanliwise(m): 8:32am On Jul 17, 2019
BerryAnny:
Africans and our sense of entitlement or should I say this Kimani is simply being stupid?
You're questioning someone on who and who she selects to work with on her project,her f*cking project not yours.
What happened to you selecting other artistes you feel were 'neglected' and record your album too?
That's how Bonang or what's she called ranting Beyonce didn't feature any South African artiste,forming Pan-African on top another man's work.
Idiats!!!
Oga she has a right to complain and she is entitled to it. Haba
She is only making an observation here. Just leave her alone. She didn't break the movie by complaining.
Re: Victoria Kimani Reacts To Exclusion Of Kenyans Artists From Lion King by IronGalaxy: 8:33am On Jul 17, 2019
RTSC:

Keep talking nonsense.
Is there any musician in East and southern Africa comparable to ordinary Burna boy.?
plenty. South Africa Has the best music is n Africa
Re: Victoria Kimani Reacts To Exclusion Of Kenyans Artists From Lion King by stanliwise(m): 8:36am On Jul 17, 2019
IronGalaxy:
forget it. We are South Africans always feel lucky to be South Africans. We look at Nigeria and we feel no envy at all, on the contrary we are lucky not to experience your conditions. Why do you always think people are envious of you? Why do you think you're so special?
You are speaking for yourself only. Take it or leave it, many African country look up to us and we are a bigger sis to other country. Although lately we haven't been living up to expectation, it doesn't mean people don't still cherish and envy us. I like to see the envy as a positive thing unlike the first person you replied may have stated otherwise.

1 Like

Re: Victoria Kimani Reacts To Exclusion Of Kenyans Artists From Lion King by IronGalaxy: 8:40am On Jul 17, 2019
stanliwise:
You are speaking for yourself only. Take it or leave it many African country look up to us and we are a bigger sis to other country. Although lately we haven't been living up tk expectation, it doesn't mean people don't still cherish and envy us. I like to see the envy as a positive thing unlike the first person you reply may have stated otherwise.
Lol. The problem with you Nigerians is that you aren't humble and I'm guessing it's one of the reasons many African nations aren't fond of you,, your arrogance is so high that it clouds you to realities and facts, it's definitely not envy. Take for example," how are you a bigger sis" to South Africa for example? Who gave you that title? What is to envy form you? I'd like that answer

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Victoria Kimani Reacts To Exclusion Of Kenyans Artists From Lion King by mrpaedo(m): 8:44am On Jul 17, 2019
IronGalaxy:
We are you speaking like south africa is some sort of nirvana?
Is there no extreme poverty in south africa?
No electricity blackout?
No crime infested cities?
Serious health issues which are out of control?
When did south africa become paradise?
Isn't it the jealousy south Africans have against Nigerians that makes you lot constantly attack us in that country?

2 Likes

Re: Victoria Kimani Reacts To Exclusion Of Kenyans Artists From Lion King by IronGalaxy: 8:47am On Jul 17, 2019
mrpaedo:
No electricity blackout?
Isn't it the jealousy south Africans have against Nigerians that makes you lot constantly attack us in that country?
please quote me where o portray South Africa as utopia please do. I'm just pointing out that you always think people are envious of you which is delusional really. I don't recall saying there was no poverty, crime in SA none whatsoever

1 Like

Re: Victoria Kimani Reacts To Exclusion Of Kenyans Artists From Lion King by IronGalaxy: 8:48am On Jul 17, 2019
mrpaedo:
No electricity blackout?
in the midst of all these problems we are still a far far better country to live than the Nigeria you think we are envious of.
Re: Victoria Kimani Reacts To Exclusion Of Kenyans Artists From Lion King by mrpaedo(m): 8:49am On Jul 17, 2019
IronGalaxy:
plenty. South Africa Has the best music is n Africa
Completely wrong.
The best music in Africa has always been from the D.R Congo
Re: Victoria Kimani Reacts To Exclusion Of Kenyans Artists From Lion King by IronGalaxy: 8:51am On Jul 17, 2019
mrpaedo:
Completely wrong.
The best music in Africa has always been from the D.R Congo
wrong. How is a country with one style of music better than South Africa? There is a reason we have the most Grammy awards in Africa
Re: Victoria Kimani Reacts To Exclusion Of Kenyans Artists From Lion King by mrpaedo(m): 8:54am On Jul 17, 2019
IronGalaxy:
In the midst of all these problems we are still a far far better country to live than the Nigeria you think we are envious of.
I completely disagree.You south African lot are a hateful bunch who are best avoided.I wouldn't step foot in that hellhole even if they paid me billions.
Even the overrated capetown now has a water scarcity and gang problem

2 Likes

Re: Victoria Kimani Reacts To Exclusion Of Kenyans Artists From Lion King by stanliwise(m): 8:57am On Jul 17, 2019
IronGalaxy:
Lol. The problem with you Nigerians is that you aren't humble and I'm guessing it's one of the reasons many African nations aren't fond of you,, your arrogance is so high that it clouds you to realities and facts, it's definitely not envy. Take for example," how are you a bigger sis" to South Africa for example? Who gave you that title? What is to envy form you? I'd like that answer
Maybe you're of the indomie(new) generation and probably very bad with history. My Dad have many south African classmates back then that profited from free Education the Nigerian government granted south Africans back then. some at the beginning had no shoes nor sandals.
We also helped in the apartheid wars
That is the past now, nevertheless it happened. You can only deny it. Moreover, we are at no time really a country that takes on any neighbouring country, Everyone can attest to that. So we are an epitome of emulation for peace.
I understand Nigeria is in a state of poor economy and the likes and some of it citizen may have stoop low to committing crimes in other countries. It doesn't change the fact that Nigeria remains the gaint of Africa.

1 Like

Re: Victoria Kimani Reacts To Exclusion Of Kenyans Artists From Lion King by IronGalaxy: 8:57am On Jul 17, 2019
mrpaedo:
I completely disagree.You south African lot are a hateful bunch who are best avoided.I wouldn't step foot in that hellhole even if they paid me billions.
Even the overrated capetown now has a water scarcity and gang problem
oh here we go, I have a different opinion then I'm hateful? You guys forever want your fragile egos stroked hey" Giant of this" * big brother of that" etc .I'm simply just pointing out facts.

Who cares whether you come to SA or not? Definitely doesn't change the price of bread. Stay there, there are many of you as it is.

1 Like

Re: Victoria Kimani Reacts To Exclusion Of Kenyans Artists From Lion King by Nobody: 8:57am On Jul 17, 2019
Jaqenhghar:

So Thor is Greek .

[img]https://media1./images/c30675d4dbc0b37f5caabed265897370/tenor.gif?itemid=14259558[/img]

Thor is Sango: God of Thunder
Iron Man is Ogun: God of Iron and War and so many other characters taken from Africa Deities.
Re: Victoria Kimani Reacts To Exclusion Of Kenyans Artists From Lion King by IronGalaxy: 9:01am On Jul 17, 2019
stanliwise:
Maybe you're of the indomie(new) generation and probably very bad with history. My Dad have many south African classmates back then that profited from free Education the Nigerian government granted south Africans back then. some at the beginning had no shoes nor sandals.
We also helped in the apartheid wars
That is the past now, nevertheless it happened. You can only deny it. Moreover, we are at no time really a country that takes on any neighbouring country, Everyone can attest to that. So we are an epitome of emulation for peace.
I understand Nigeria is in a state of poor economy and the likes and some of it citizen may have stoop low to committing crime in other countries. It doesn't change the fact that Nigeria remains the gaint of Africa.
What? Nigeria the epitome of peace? Boko Haram, Fulani Herdsmen, Ritual killings etc Come on bro. Your govt actually played a number on you. No South African received sandals from Nigeria, we weren't starving we were marginalized

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Victoria Kimani Reacts To Exclusion Of Kenyans Artists From Lion King by mrpaedo(m): 9:03am On Jul 17, 2019
IronGalaxy:
wrong. How is a country with one style of music better than South Africa? There is a reason we have the most Grammy awards in Africa
One style of music you say?The soukous?The rumba?What of the cavacha?
American music artistes have won the most Grammy awards.Does that automatically mean America has the best music in the world or the most commercialized music?
South African music isn't even as good as the music from Mali and senegal

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Victoria Kimani Reacts To Exclusion Of Kenyans Artists From Lion King by dayveed1(m): 9:04am On Jul 17, 2019
kmcutez:

Thor is Sango: God of Thunder
Iron Man is Ogun: God of Iron and War and so many other characters taken from Africa Deities.
I think he meant the movie TROY..
Re: Victoria Kimani Reacts To Exclusion Of Kenyans Artists From Lion King by stanliwise(m): 9:04am On Jul 17, 2019
IronGalaxy:
What? Nigeria the epitome of peace? Boko Haram, Fulani Herdsmen, Ritual killings etc Come on bro. Your govt actually played a number on you. No South African received sandals from Nigeria, we weren't starving we were marginalized
Now you're trolling.
We have all sort of terrorist but what I said is that we are not at war with any country. It is different.

Denial of history is your business, ask any aged person around you. No matter how much you wish it didn't happen, yet it doesn't change what has happened.

Peace.
Re: Victoria Kimani Reacts To Exclusion Of Kenyans Artists From Lion King by dayveed1(m): 9:06am On Jul 17, 2019
Gadafii:
baba na Cris Hemsworth do Thor not bradt Pitt,na Troy and Alexandria bradt Pitt do
mayb he meant TROY. which Brad Pitt acted and it was a Greek history..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Photo: Femi Kuti Meets Jackie Chan / Bisola Aiyeola Her Daughter Leyla And Mother Enjoying Their Vacation (Photo) / Nollywood’s Cutest Kids Of 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.