Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,760 members, 7,820,646 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:42 PM

Victoria Kimani Reacts To Exclusion Of Kenyans Artists From Lion King - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Victoria Kimani Reacts To Exclusion Of Kenyans Artists From Lion King (46289 Views)

Victoria Kimani Steps Out In Sexy Transparent Outfit (Photos) / Victoria Kimani Slays In Denim Undies And Boots [PICS] / Man Slapped For Grabbing Victoria Kimani’s Ass (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Victoria Kimani Reacts To Exclusion Of Kenyans Artists From Lion King by IronGalaxy: 9:37am On Jul 17, 2019
XhosaNostra:

What the hell is afrobeat? The "craze" in South Africa is Afro-house & house music is NOT your invention. Your artistes even use our beats.
yes like that girl that sings "Maradona"

1 Like

Re: Victoria Kimani Reacts To Exclusion Of Kenyans Artists From Lion King by stanliwise(m): 9:41am On Jul 17, 2019
IronGalaxy:
did I say you didn't help? I'm saying ultimately it was South Africans themselves who were in the firing line not Nigerians and you should stop this " we saved you" mentality. I'm yet to hear other nations forcing themselves in our historical narrative like you do and it honestly comes across as desperate. Many South Africans did not even fee South Africa during Apartheid not even to nearby countries like Namibia let alone far flung Nigeria so please stop lying, it was our leaders who went into exile to various African countries

We should biw down to you? Exactly the arrogance that I keep alluding to
I haven't in any of my statement say or imply that we saved you. I can't steal the glory of your past/fallen heros and also one of them I respect much(Nelson Mandella). Maybe others have said so but not me.

Whether it was your leader or citizens I wouldn't know. All I know is that they were South Africans
Re: Victoria Kimani Reacts To Exclusion Of Kenyans Artists From Lion King by edon21: 9:42am On Jul 17, 2019
IronGalaxy:
and even sings the style more than you. that's your problem with us. we always enter and over take. it's out nature

1 Like

Re: Victoria Kimani Reacts To Exclusion Of Kenyans Artists From Lion King by olujastro: 9:43am On Jul 17, 2019
IronGalaxy:
you are now shifting the goalposts. I'm not initiating anything , we have since established that you guys are the " Giants" the big brothers" and other countries are " common Ghana" etc .

AKA is known in Nigeria dispute it all you want. He's also entitled to his opinions, I'm not related or his friend so it's better you ask him. As for what he said, that's highly laughable

I
You see this issue of complex is mainly found with Ghanaians, South Africans and lately Kenyans.
They see how our music, movies, comedies naturally dominate their airwaves without a single effort from Nigerians in promoting our works abroad. Most of their shows are dominated by Nigerian artistes.
Go to YouTube and read comments under our entertainment videos, they're mostly from foreigners from all over the world including South Africans.
Every African I meet outside Nigeria likes to talk about our different celebrities the moment they realise I'm Nigerian.

The problem with some Ghanaians, South Africans and Kenyans is that they have a false sense of entitlement and think they should be equal partners. That's why they get jealous and start making demands online for "equal opportunities", while Nigerians are busy working hard and grinding in the studio to make good contents that'll make them successful.

As for titles, I have no interest in them.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Victoria Kimani Reacts To Exclusion Of Kenyans Artists From Lion King by XhosaNostra(f): 9:49am On Jul 17, 2019
edon21:

y do you guys have only two against seven Nigerians on that list

Only have two what? 1st of all, Beyonce did that song Spirit with a South African, he provides the vocals at the beginning of the song. His name is Lebo M. You can even hear the signature South African vocals in the background. 2ndly, the same guy will resume singing the intro to the song Circle of life like he did in the original animated movie, adding yet another South African flavour to it. Last but not least, a South African actor has a part in the movie, he'll be playing Rafiki. So we have more than enough fingers in the pie already. The rest will just be the cherry on top.
Re: Victoria Kimani Reacts To Exclusion Of Kenyans Artists From Lion King by UniportAgbero: 9:50am On Jul 17, 2019
XhosaNostra:

Lol, who doesn't know Merriam Makeba, Brenda Fassie, Lucky Dube, Ladysmith Black Mambazo etc? Ladysmith Black Mambazo has even featured in albums by Dolly Parton, Quincy Jones etc. They're by far the most awarded music group in Africa with over 10 Grammy Awards to date.

Why Beyonce no see those ones to feature?

1 Like

Re: Victoria Kimani Reacts To Exclusion Of Kenyans Artists From Lion King by IronGalaxy: 9:56am On Jul 17, 2019
olujastro:

You see this issue of complex is mainly found with Ghanaians, South Africans and lately Kenyans.
They see how our music, movies, comedies naturally dominate their airwaves without a single effort from Nigerians in promoting our works abroad. Most of their shows are dominated by Nigerian artistes.
Go to YouTube and read comments under our entertainment videos, they're mostly from foreigners from all over the world including South Africans.
Every African I meet outside Nigeria likes to talk about our different celebrities the moment they realise I'm Nigerian.

The problem with some Ghanaians, South Africans and Kenyans is that they have a false sense of entitlement and think they should be equal partners. That's why they get jealous and start making demands online for "equal opportunities", while Nigerians are busy working hard and grinding in the studio to make good contents that'll make them successful.
That's why keep saying you Nigerians are arrogant and your arrogance is without basis. Take your so-called " movies" for example, they are what they are because of South Africans. Would someone from Zambia know about your movies if it wasn't for DStv"s Afromagic? Now if we were envious of you then how on earth would we distribute your content across the continent? You have us to thank instead of chest beating over nothing. The people who have a complex it's you, you think you're better than anyone, take for example the Kenya v Nigeria thread, we all know Kenya is a better country than Nigeria but they thread is still running because of the refusal of Nigerians of really obvious facts

By an large South Africans listen to South African music. We have the best DJ's , rappers, vocalist and so forth, we don't go to clubs to dance to WizKid when we have Black Coffee. The comments you see on YouTube are just a tiny faction of South Africans. I also see Nigerian comments on Nasty C, Cassper Nyovest etc videos as well

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Victoria Kimani Reacts To Exclusion Of Kenyans Artists From Lion King by IronGalaxy: 9:56am On Jul 17, 2019
edon21:

and even sings the style more than you. that's your problem with us. we always enter and over take. it's out nature
of course, you are always better grin grin
Never encountered a more deluded nation
Re: Victoria Kimani Reacts To Exclusion Of Kenyans Artists From Lion King by UniportAgbero: 9:57am On Jul 17, 2019
XhosaNostra:

What the hell is afrobeat? The "craze" in South Africa is Afro-house & house music is NOT your invention. Your artistes even use our beats.

So there's a lengthy Wikipedia's article about Afro beat and it's international influence. I couldn't find one for afro house though. Does it have another name? Do let me know.

1 Like

Re: Victoria Kimani Reacts To Exclusion Of Kenyans Artists From Lion King by nepapole(m): 10:01am On Jul 17, 2019
Businext:
tongue

Make sense like when they produced Thor with Brad Pitt and they did not use indigenous Greeks I watched a video where a Greek woman who went for audition was denied and the role was given to an Albanian instead cool

Imagine if they dare act Queen Amina or Queen Idia or King Jaja or Biographies on Chinua Achebe or Rotimi Williams and they use South Africans or Liberians,
Nancy all of us go carry placards nau angry

I'm still waiting to watch John Wick 3, I beg who don't get am?

#SayYesToIndegenousActorsAndActresses

Check my siggy
There will be a chapter4. Boboyega is still pissed.
Re: Victoria Kimani Reacts To Exclusion Of Kenyans Artists From Lion King by UniportAgbero: 10:02am On Jul 17, 2019
XhosaNostra:

Only have two what? 1st of all, Beyonce did that song Spirit with a South African, he provides the vocals at the beginning of the song. His name is Lebo M. You can even hear the signature South African vocals in the background. 2ndly, the same guy will resume singing the intro to the song Circle of life like he did in the original animated movie, adding yet another South African flavour to it. Last but not least, a South African actor has a part in the movie, he'll be playing Rafiki. So we have more than enough fingers in the pie already. The rest will just be the cherry on top.

See you...you are funny. A South African has a hand in the movie.... What about Chiwetel Ejiofor that voices Scar...isn't he a Nigerian? We have stars more than you guys, the sooner you accept that the better for you.

1 Like

Re: Victoria Kimani Reacts To Exclusion Of Kenyans Artists From Lion King by XhosaNostra(f): 10:02am On Jul 17, 2019
IronGalaxy:

Exactly! She also features in many South African house tracks.

1 Like

Re: Victoria Kimani Reacts To Exclusion Of Kenyans Artists From Lion King by IronGalaxy: 10:02am On Jul 17, 2019
XhosaNostra:

The only African artists that featured on the Black Panther soundtrack were South Africans and yet South Africans were cool about. The minute something happens to Nigerians they start throwing shade at everyone. It's very very childish

1 Like

Re: Victoria Kimani Reacts To Exclusion Of Kenyans Artists From Lion King by XhosaNostra(f): 10:04am On Jul 17, 2019
UniportAgbero:

Why Beyonce no see those ones to feature?

How should I know? All I know is she posts a lot of South African songs on social media.

1 Like

Re: Victoria Kimani Reacts To Exclusion Of Kenyans Artists From Lion King by IronGalaxy: 10:04am On Jul 17, 2019
XhosaNostra:

Exactly! She also features in many South African house tracks.
they regularly take a dig Kenyans and the moment they retaliate they_ll be told they are jealous

1 Like

Re: Victoria Kimani Reacts To Exclusion Of Kenyans Artists From Lion King by UniportAgbero: 10:05am On Jul 17, 2019
IronGalaxy:
That's why keep saying you Nigerians are arrogant and your arrogance is without basis. Take your so-called " movies" for example, they are what they are because of South Africans. Would someone from Zambia know about your movies if it wasn't for DStv"s Afromagic? Now if we were envious of you then how on earth would we distribute your content across the continent? You have us to thank instead of chest beating over nothing. The people who have a complex it's you, you think you're better than anyone, take for example the Kenya v Nigeria thread, we all know Kenya is a better country than Nigeria but they thread is still running because of the refusal of Nigerians of really obvious facts

By an large South Africans listen to South African music. We have the best DJ's , rappers, vocalist and so forth, we don't go to clubs to dance to WizKid when we have Black Coffee. The comments you see on YouTube are just a tiny faction of South Africans. I also see Nigerian comments on Nasty C, Cassper Nyovest etc videos as well

If not for Nigeria, dstv and mtn would have closed my brother. Nigeria alone gives them close to half of their revenue. So be grateful you have us. Why didn't mtn go when Nigeria fined them heavily? They can't afford to do without us.

1 Like

Re: Victoria Kimani Reacts To Exclusion Of Kenyans Artists From Lion King by IronGalaxy: 10:09am On Jul 17, 2019
UniportAgbero:

See you...you are funny. A South African has a hand in the movie.... What about Chiwetel Ejiofor that voices Scar...isn't he a Nigerian? We have stars more than you guys, the sooner you accept that the better for you.
lemme guess you gonna mention Seal as well. We are talking about South Africans from South Africa, from South African conditions, schooling, school of thought, quality of things etc which shows we have quality right here at home. Which Nigerian goes from a Nigerian sitcom to featuring on a US Movie? We aren't talking about people who call themselves British here. Your entertainment industry is still behind in truth.
Re: Victoria Kimani Reacts To Exclusion Of Kenyans Artists From Lion King by UniportAgbero: 10:10am On Jul 17, 2019
XhosaNostra:

How should I know? All I know is she posts a lot of South African songs on social media.

See talk.... You stated it herself that she needed the album to be authentic, that was why she drew the best artistes and producers in Africa. So what's all these rants about. She, herself knows who is the best and that was why she chose them. FYI, she made it clear that afro beat represented Africa and not afro house. The album is her love letter to Africa.

She knows we best dear...

1 Like

Re: Victoria Kimani Reacts To Exclusion Of Kenyans Artists From Lion King by RTSC: 10:10am On Jul 17, 2019
IronGalaxy:
plenty. South Africa Has the best music is n Africa
lol
Go and check their YouTube videos and compare it to Nigerians.
When was the last times they won bet.?
Re: Victoria Kimani Reacts To Exclusion Of Kenyans Artists From Lion King by IronGalaxy: 10:11am On Jul 17, 2019
UniportAgbero:

If not for Nigeria, dstv and mtn would have closed my brother. Nigeria alone gives them close to half of their revenue. So be grateful you have us. Why didn't mtn go when Nigeria fined them heavily? They can't afford to do without us.
ah the usual delusions. Remove Nigeria DStv still has the whole of Africa. MTN makes a lot of money in Nigeria it doesn't depend on Nigeria for survival. Two different things.

Be greatful you are exposed to quality
Re: Victoria Kimani Reacts To Exclusion Of Kenyans Artists From Lion King by RTSC: 10:12am On Jul 17, 2019
IronGalaxy:
lemme guess you gonna mention Seal as well. We are talking about South Africans from South Africa, from South African conditions, schooling, school of thought, quality of things etc which shows we have quality right here at home. Which Nigerian goes from a Nigerian sitcom to featuring on a US Movie? We aren't talking about people who call themselves British here. Your entertainment industry is still behind in truth.
Omotola has featured on a US movie.
Even Stephen Nora has featured in a US movie.

Who the fucckk is this guy?

1 Like

Re: Victoria Kimani Reacts To Exclusion Of Kenyans Artists From Lion King by XhosaNostra(f): 10:12am On Jul 17, 2019
UniportAgbero:

So there's a lengthy Wikipedia's article about Afro beat and it's international influence. I couldn't find one for afro house though. Does it have another name? Do let me know.

Afro-house is also known as tribal house. It is is sub-genre of house music.

Re: Victoria Kimani Reacts To Exclusion Of Kenyans Artists From Lion King by UniportAgbero: 10:13am On Jul 17, 2019
IronGalaxy:

Let me educate you again...
We have the best musicians, actors, footballers, writers, etc in Africa. Argue with your keyboard.
Re: Victoria Kimani Reacts To Exclusion Of Kenyans Artists From Lion King by IronGalaxy: 10:14am On Jul 17, 2019
RTSC:

lol
the last BeT before the current one, was won by a South African. A South African also won the best newcomer this year. Anyways the BeT are not worth it, even giving African artists the awards backstage

When has a Nigerian ever won a Grammy? ( The pinnacle of music achievement)
Re: Victoria Kimani Reacts To Exclusion Of Kenyans Artists From Lion King by UniportAgbero: 10:15am On Jul 17, 2019
XhosaNostra:

Afro-house is also known as tribal house. It is is sub-genre of house music.

So it even originated from Chicago? You see there is nothing original about south Africa. Even their so called house music was imported.

1 Like

Re: Victoria Kimani Reacts To Exclusion Of Kenyans Artists From Lion King by UniportAgbero: 10:16am On Jul 17, 2019
RTSC:

lol

Ask oh!!
Re: Victoria Kimani Reacts To Exclusion Of Kenyans Artists From Lion King by RTSC: 10:19am On Jul 17, 2019
IronGalaxy:
the last BeT before the current one, was won by a South African. A South African also won the best newcomer this year. Anyways the BeT are not worth it, even giving African artists the awards backstage

When has a Nigerian ever won a Grammy? ( The pinnacle of music achievement)
Fela kuti have been consistently nominates for Grammy.
Though he hasn't won, but he is always nominated.

South African music is a piss poor imitation of america.
You musicians don't have a unique style. That is why the rest of the world don't reckon with it.
The world wants originality, not more nasty C.

A few south African artists may be good, but the rest is just nonsense.

Afro beat from Nigerian is the most popular music export from Africa.

1 Like

Re: Victoria Kimani Reacts To Exclusion Of Kenyans Artists From Lion King by IronGalaxy: 10:20am On Jul 17, 2019
UniportAgbero:

Let me educate you again...
We have the best musicians, actors, footballers, writers, etc in Africa. Argue with your keyboard.
you mean your actors who alsways scream in your so-called called movies filmed with a cam-coder? Come on now. Your actors only know two storylines, witchcraft and marriage hunting. Your actors can't even do a proper kissing scene gerraout of here.lol

Unless you are still living in the Kanu era, your footballers aren't the best anymore

Music, come on. It's either Afro- pop or nothing

Writers come on, Africa as a whole has very good writers
Re: Victoria Kimani Reacts To Exclusion Of Kenyans Artists From Lion King by XhosaNostra(f): 10:22am On Jul 17, 2019
UniportAgbero:

Looooooool. I'm talking about a South African born & bred actor here, not some prodigal son, my boy. John Kani's skill was crafted here in the country. He started here at home & still acts in our local productions. Can you proudly say the same about Chiwetel?
Re: Victoria Kimani Reacts To Exclusion Of Kenyans Artists From Lion King by IronGalaxy: 10:22am On Jul 17, 2019
RTSC:

Fela kuti have been consistently nominates for Grammy.
Though he hasn't won, but he is always nominated.

South African music is a piss poor imitation of america.
You musicians don't have a unique style. That is why the rest of the world don't reckon with it.
The world wants originality, not more nasty C.

A few south African artists may be good, but the rest is just nonsense.

Afro beat from Nigerian is the most popular music export from Africa.
winning and being nominated are two different things

We don't have a unique style? Ha ha ha! What is kwaito, Qgom, etc

You mean the Nasty C your own people are beging to come to Nigeria on twitter?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Meet Chidokeyz: Could He Be Chioma’s Brother Davido Featured On His Song? / Dead Ras Kimono: 7 Things You Do Not Know About The Late Reggae Artiste / BBNaija: Ebuka's Outfit For Tonight's Eviction (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.