Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,332 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:24 AM

A Nigerian Bank Killed Its Staff - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / A Nigerian Bank Killed Its Staff (11101 Views)

Konga Lays Off 10% Of Its Staff / Zenith Bank Set To Layoff Its Staff / Which Nigerian Bank Pays Best? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Go Down)

A Nigerian Bank Killed Its Staff by epentium: 4:27pm On Oct 12, 2010
This is getting the attention desired. Fellow Nairalanders, Thank you for your support. We hope to update you soon.
Re: A Nigerian Bank Killed Its Staff by Nobody: 5:30pm On Oct 12, 2010
So sad cry cry
Re: A Nigerian Bank Killed Its Staff by kokoletz(m): 5:33pm On Oct 12, 2010
Really
Re: A Nigerian Bank Killed Its Staff by spikedcylinder: 1:30pm On Oct 13, 2010
I saw her obituary in the papers yesterday. Such a sad short life. cry cry cry
At least her case is better than that of a poor electrician who died on duty whilst he was still being owed salaries in arrears. Till date, nothing has been paid to his family, not even his owed salaries.
Welcome to Nigeria. cry cry cry
Re: A Nigerian Bank Killed Its Staff by AjanleKoko: 3:25pm On Oct 13, 2010
The bank probably has a covert policy that encourages such behaviour. I don't think it's just a case of some silly individuals; the bank is probably to blame. It's a pity really. Poor lady.
Re: A Nigerian Bank Killed Its Staff by just1(m): 4:55pm On Oct 13, 2010
ok
Re: A Nigerian Bank Killed Its Staff by sms4health: 8:24am On Oct 14, 2010
It is sad and many things we will never understand.

May her soul rest in perfect peace.
Re: A Nigerian Bank Killed Its Staff by vwealthy: 9:18am On Oct 14, 2010
Please get this story across to the press. That is the only way there head office in the UK will take this seriously. A lot of embarrassing noise has to made else it will be swept under the carpet.The money raised for the deceased by the members of staff was credited to her account and reversed on the instruction of the lady boss because she wanted to present it personally. The money in question had been with the bank for 2 whole weeks before the deceased passed away. It is bad enough that the bank did not take responsibility for this staff in her hour of need and a crime to humanity that the money raised was never handed over to the lady.The second lady with the kidney problem sold her house to finance the transplant. She got to work on a Monday morning only to discover that she could not log into the system. This was also done on the instruction of the lady boss. Other members of staff thought the lady with the kidney problem had resigned and were very surprised to see her that fateful Monday morning trying to log in to the system. I wonder how the lady boss and the bank expects her to pay for her medication. I guess they are expecting her to die as well. If the lady boss does not face disciplinary actions this will keep reoccuring. Standard Chartered bank is a British bank and not a Nigerian one. Nigeria is there most profitable bank in the whole Africa so why can't they take care of the geese that lay the golden eggs? How much will it cost the bank to set up a comprehensive insurance policy for members of staff and there nuclear families in the UK or take them abroad when such medical needs arise? Something has to be done to forestall future occurences. P.S :This story is not hearsay. I have an immediate family member who works with this organisation.
Re: A Nigerian Bank Killed Its Staff by Nobody: 1:16pm On Oct 14, 2010
which "course" are you fighting for? cheesy
Re: A Nigerian Bank Killed Its Staff by cheexy: 3:24pm On Oct 14, 2010
@sauer
What cause do you think? Her death should not be in vain. People should be accountable for their actions or in-actions. If the people responsible for don't pay in some way, then God is not on the throne and since He is on the throne, they must pay!!!

Imagine I heard that a branch manager was asked to resign only after 5 months cos the branch was not making money. Where did they want the money to come from eh? The same bank. Now that's strange.
Re: A Nigerian Bank Killed Its Staff by toba1909(m): 4:07pm On Oct 14, 2010
sauer:

You're a nerd!
Guess you have water flwoing in your veins anf not blood.
Arrow!
Re: A Nigerian Bank Killed Its Staff by Nobody: 11:04am On Oct 15, 2010
All of a sudden, kidney ailments are on the rise in this country shocked

RIP. Such a pretty woman
Re: A Nigerian Bank Killed Its Staff by victory: 12:09pm On Oct 15, 2010
its sooo sad May her gentle soul rest in peace cry cry cry cry www.moneyjobs24.com
Re: A Nigerian Bank Killed Its Staff by otokx(m): 12:16pm On Oct 15, 2010
There are worse cases but then its a pity.
Re: A Nigerian Bank Killed Its Staff by saydfact(m): 12:23pm On Oct 15, 2010
Re: A Nigerian Bank Killed Its Staff

[size=14pt]i guess u know the meaning of killed.[/size]

except there's smtin u've not told us; my question to u is "CAN U BE A FREEDOM FIGHTER, IN HIDDING?,  IF U CANT FACE THE MANAGEMENT, THEN REALLY THERE'S SOMETIN U'RE HIDING"

In concluding; May her Soul rest in Peace, 

be bold, walk up to the management, die for the course if its worth it,
lipsrsealed kiss lipsrsealed
Re: A Nigerian Bank Killed Its Staff by biggjoe(m): 12:24pm On Oct 15, 2010
You guys talk too much without action.

See I just added the link on my facebook status,
Re: A Nigerian Bank Killed Its Staff by georgee(m): 12:26pm On Oct 15, 2010
cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Just cant stop shedding tears. This could have happened to anybody
Re: A Nigerian Bank Killed Its Staff by ShyOne(f): 12:27pm On Oct 15, 2010
This is horrific.

I am appalled

My heart goes out to her and her family.

The monies collected should still be given to her husband.

I will pass this story around here in the US as well.  I will contact a news outlet and see if it can go to the press.
Re: A Nigerian Bank Killed Its Staff by ShyOne(f): 12:30pm On Oct 15, 2010
Also instead of approaching Mgmt as a sole/solo person

Start a petition

Create a petition and pass it around and have everyone sign it and utilize her situation as an example and don't make demands but instead list what you would like to see come from this for other employees

Also - ask that any monies that had been collected and reversed be give to her survivors - to her husband and children

IF something happens to me - Any and everything that I am or hope to be - will be given to my remaining immediate family (mate and offspring)
Re: A Nigerian Bank Killed Its Staff by Armenian: 12:31pm On Oct 15, 2010
unfortunately , most people are terrible.
from the man that withheld the fundraising to the bank itself.
i did nt expect better from a nigerian outfit anyway.
may her soul rest in peace.
amen.
Re: A Nigerian Bank Killed Its Staff by na2day(m): 12:33pm On Oct 15, 2010
R.I.P May your ghost continue to haunt those who are complicit in ur death

@why kidney diseases are rampant:
1: Junk food
2. High blood pressure
3:medication abuse e.g antibiotics, paracetamol
4: malaria
e.tc
Re: A Nigerian Bank Killed Its Staff by chakula: 12:34pm On Oct 15, 2010
spikedcylinder:

I saw her obituary in the papers yesterday. Such a sad short life. cry cry cry
At least her case is better than that of a poor electrician who died on duty whilst he was still being owed salaries in arrears. Till date, nothing has been paid to his family, not even his owed salaries.
Welcome to Nigeria. cry cry cry

PITY That is why Nigeria is never develop.
Re: A Nigerian Bank Killed Its Staff by kaching1(m): 12:34pm On Oct 15, 2010
So sad. and i always had regard for that Bank this could happen to any of them even the so called bosses
Re: A Nigerian Bank Killed Its Staff by biggjoe(m): 12:35pm On Oct 15, 2010
biggjoe:

You guys talk too much without action.

See I just added the link on my facebook status,

For those who dont know how, dont just copy this thread url into your facebook update box.

Under the box, you will see 'Attach',  click on the last licon there (it reads 'link' when your mouse hovers over it) and paste the url of this thread there. By so doing, your post will come up the obituary posted in the first post.

Like I said, its for those who dont know how.
Re: A Nigerian Bank Killed Its Staff by slap1(m): 12:38pm On Oct 15, 2010
sauer:

'Cause' should be the right word, actually. But are you so morbid and facetious that you have nothing relevant to say? @Topic. Rest In Peace.
Re: A Nigerian Bank Killed Its Staff by sayso: 12:43pm On Oct 15, 2010
That is waiting for everybody,be prepare for it.May She rest in the bosom of the LORD.
Re: A Nigerian Bank Killed Its Staff by oisehumen(m): 12:43pm On Oct 15, 2010
The best is to report this case to the Human Rights  Group in Nigeria and also try and get the print media to bring out the case too
Re: A Nigerian Bank Killed Its Staff by Exponental(m): 12:45pm On Oct 15, 2010
This shows that the problem of this country is not only the politicians.
it's the people in it. All of us.
i implore u all to start with urselfs to make these changes.
Sacrifices were made in the past in the developed countries.  it takes u & I to make the changes not only the govt.
whatever u have to keep ur neighbour upright, DO IT pls.

as for the bank, I think anyone who has a way of channelling this unfortunate incident to the world to pls do it, labelling the bank. i'm sure its mgt will rise up to defend themselves thereby passing jugdement where need be.
and if its the banks policy, then govt shld put them to book.
Re: A Nigerian Bank Killed Its Staff by billybaby: 12:45pm On Oct 15, 2010
Anything to be done is a medicine after death in case of the deceased yet profitable to avert future occurrence. Poverty has done us great blow in this country that even when you are sure you are not being treated well, you will still decide to keep quiet so that your salaries would not be amputated or even be cut off entirely. The truth remains that our country is to be blamed for a lot we pass through in the name of making ends meet. Bankers are being treated like shit because majority of us see that job as their beginning and end.  Before I resigned from that profession, I found out that the only respect we get is from people outside the world we live in because they see us by our dressings but among us we know the actual truth of who we are and how we live(Suffering and smiling). We live the life of make believers.
Re: A Nigerian Bank Killed Its Staff by chines4(m): 12:48pm On Oct 15, 2010
sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad
Only God knows why, Let the family take heart. Anybody in SCB?, what is their policy on this kind of case?
Re: A Nigerian Bank Killed Its Staff by spicyhoney(f): 1:19pm On Oct 15, 2010
So sad, may she RIP. That's banking for u, bosses/supervisors in the Nigerian banking sector are always given a pat on the back and commended when they make/report their subordinates as inadequate or inefficient at their work.
Re: A Nigerian Bank Killed Its Staff by seedord247(m): 1:29pm On Oct 15, 2010
May her Soul Rest in Perfect Peace ,

(1) (2) (3) (4)

What's Your Current Challenge At Your Place Of Work? / In One Sentence Describe Your Boss. / Radiographers, Student Radiographers, Aspiring Radiographers:let Meet Here.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.