Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,183 members, 7,818,591 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:24 PM

Graduates Of Benin Republic Universities Can't Write Any English Word -NYSC Dire - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Graduates Of Benin Republic Universities Can't Write Any English Word -NYSC Dire (56637 Views)

1953 Photo Of Pioneer Female Graduates Of The University Of Ibadan / The Right English Word For “K Leg” And Other Facts You Need To Know / Dash: What Is The Correct English Word For Giving One Money Without Taking Back? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Graduates Of Benin Republic Universities Can't Write Any English Word -NYSC Dire by RTSC: 9:13pm On Jul 17, 2019
blackboy:
Is it now NYSC's duty or scope to verify the quality of graduates and access if they merit a degree or not? This man should tender an apology or resign.
Corp members are serving under some of the harshest conditions and face so many challenges and what his concern is some graduates are not supposed to be graduates. Wetin concern u
NYSC is meant for graduates.
A graduate that cannot speak proper English is not a graduate.

How do you expect Nysc to post them? What can they offer in a school, for instance?

1 Like

Re: Graduates Of Benin Republic Universities Can't Write Any English Word -NYSC Dire by skukimania(f): 9:15pm On Jul 17, 2019
Na French dem take dey teach dem.
Re: Graduates Of Benin Republic Universities Can't Write Any English Word -NYSC Dire by Chiedu4Trump: 9:18pm On Jul 17, 2019
labani06:

what the hell do you mean by that hmm please come to north Nigeria and see how we are performing must of us in the are more intelligent than you people .

If you're more intelligent, why is there quota system?

why do northerners keep lowering the cutoff mark?

1 Like

Re: Graduates Of Benin Republic Universities Can't Write Any English Word -NYSC Dire by LaIabobo: 9:23pm On Jul 17, 2019
SimSify:
10000th? Is that a mistake?

I'm certain. Look up 2019 webometric
Re: Graduates Of Benin Republic Universities Can't Write Any English Word -NYSC Dire by bruse212: 9:25pm On Jul 17, 2019
To the best of my knowledge before NYSC approves any candidate for mobilization, the must evaluate SSCE which includes WAEC, NABTEB, NECO, GCE and then issue evaluation letter.

It is at this point you will know...
by the way DG, are you not aware that people win elections with fake results? how many of PMB appointees can recite National Anthem?
Re: Graduates Of Benin Republic Universities Can't Write Any English Word -NYSC Dire by Aladdin1(m): 9:27pm On Jul 17, 2019
can you imagine?
Re: Graduates Of Benin Republic Universities Can't Write Any English Word -NYSC Dire by Nobody: 9:30pm On Jul 17, 2019
The fact that some schools in Benin Republic are bad doesn’t mean all the schools there are bad!!

My younger sister is a graduate of a Republic of Benin university while another is currently schooling in Benin Republic and she is having a sound education, in fact, she is more bright and brilliant than my other sister schooling in Uniben.

So please let’s stop generalizing

In every crate, there must be one or two bad eggs, but the entire crate can never be bad!

I rest my case

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Graduates Of Benin Republic Universities Can't Write Any English Word -NYSC Dire by vaxx: 9:41pm On Jul 17, 2019
RTSC:
Just like that Nigerian Professor in Ghana said.
Many Nigerians are fleeced for abysmal quality.

The FG need to review many of these certificates and suspend them starting from 2020 or so.

Maybe approve one or two universities from these countries.
LOL. You mean the professor that was begging after he was sacked and later claimed that over 90 percent of what he said are doctored ? most of your top politician and well to do people graduated from Ghana including the most honored former chief justice and obasonjo. . and about Ghana education, Nigerian expatriate knows the best.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bm7nl-Cum4U

1 Like

Re: Graduates Of Benin Republic Universities Can't Write Any English Word -NYSC Dire by Nobody: 9:46pm On Jul 17, 2019
nanauju:

Seems you didn't read the article at all. You just came rushing to my mention to rant your frustration of your inability to read and write good English, because you probably attended a uni in Benin.

Yes o, Na by English o, as far as Nigeria is concerned. Na English be our lingua franca here. Unless you want to live your life in Benin Republic and speak French. The only way you can survive communication in an Anglo-phone country is by speaking and writing good English.

If you attended pry and sec school in Nigeria, went there to waste money on school fees for uni, and then came back worse off than you left, then you're half baked. And this doesn't have anything to do with lingua franca...people wey go school for Germany nko. Check the standard of your uni
I would've loved to reply you, but you're not worth it if your standard for measuring whether someone is half-baked, or not is in his/her inability to write a spoken language.
Re: Graduates Of Benin Republic Universities Can't Write Any English Word -NYSC Dire by RTSC: 9:46pm On Jul 17, 2019
vaxx:
LOL. You mean the professor that was begging after he was sacked and later claimed that over 90 percent of what he said are doctored ? most of your top politician and well to do people graduate from Ghana. and about Ghana education, Nigerian expatriate knows the best.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bm7nl-Cum4U
What do you expect the Prof to say? Of course he would recant. I would do the same under the circumstance.

Most of our top politicians graduated from Ghana?
lol. Abeg, I no fit laugh.

I don't think there is anybody that schooled in Ghana that went there as first choice.

Okay, maybe one or two percent that didn't want to face jamb at all.

1 Like

Re: Graduates Of Benin Republic Universities Can't Write Any English Word -NYSC Dire by Pray(m): 9:48pm On Jul 17, 2019
Misplaced priorities..... what has EFCC got to do with that?
Re: Graduates Of Benin Republic Universities Can't Write Any English Word -NYSC Dire by vaxx: 9:55pm On Jul 17, 2019
RTSC:

What do you expect the Prof to say? Of course he would recant. I woeuld do the same under the circumstance.

Most of our top politicians graduated from Ghana?
lol. Abeg, I no fit laugh.

I don't think there is anybody that schooled in Ghana that went there as first choice.

Okay, maybe one or two percent that didn't want to face jamb at all.
The video i posted was enough to enlighten you even if you still want to argue. it is an exercise by Nigeria expatriate. Ghanaian universities has enjoy a well respected pedigree than Any Nigeria school. well the record is there to see.

most of the first set of Nigeria millitary were educated in Ghana . you can quickly Google to confirm, you don't need to be biased when the truth fall on your face. Nigeria expatriate are aware. your immediate former chief justice had both his secondary and university education in Ghana. jamb is not for smart student, it is for selection criteria that is not based on rigourous thinking. your jamb result alone can't get you admission in Ghana talkless of USA or UK but your own wassce result is enough anywhere. so don't be too carried away when you are subject to pass 200 marks as cut off point.

The prof didn't or forced to apologise , he can't handle it anymore when fact roll out.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Graduates Of Benin Republic Universities Can't Write Any English Word -NYSC Dire by badman007(m): 10:08pm On Jul 17, 2019
They would go ahead and rule Nigeria.

Then we wonder why things never seem to change
Re: Graduates Of Benin Republic Universities Can't Write Any English Word -NYSC Dire by Burchester: 10:09pm On Jul 17, 2019
TEQ365VENTURES:
Lol na today?.. Have your 400k at hand and you will be issued an original certificate from one of the top universities in cotonou and be mobilized for NYSC. currently have someone that just mobilized...

which school is that
Re: Graduates Of Benin Republic Universities Can't Write Any English Word -NYSC Dire by nanauju(f): 10:12pm On Jul 17, 2019
Kenturkey048:
not even half baked...they graduated as unfermented flour...all those their rubbish private universities owned by Nigerians in cotonou and togo are nothing but advanced secondary school....e.g Hnaub,Expan formation ,wether na lesokose them dey call DAT one...my brother na bag of nonsense...na only drugs dem dey do there and nothing else.....

grin

Re: Graduates Of Benin Republic Universities Can't Write Any English Word -NYSC Dire by nanauju(f): 10:13pm On Jul 17, 2019
GrabHisBalls:
I would've loved to reply you, but you're not worth it if your standard for measuring whether someone is half-baked, or not is in his/her inability to write a spoken language.

undecided
Re: Graduates Of Benin Republic Universities Can't Write Any English Word -NYSC Dire by LionTiger(m): 10:14pm On Jul 17, 2019
Cotonou, Benin are French speaking countries. Are they part of Nigeria?
Re: Graduates Of Benin Republic Universities Can't Write Any English Word -NYSC Dire by Nobody: 10:15pm On Jul 17, 2019
and so what
Re: Graduates Of Benin Republic Universities Can't Write Any English Word -NYSC Dire by Skoopy(m): 10:21pm On Jul 17, 2019
Oga director, English language is not universal.
Re: Graduates Of Benin Republic Universities Can't Write Any English Word -NYSC Dire by Monday60655(m): 10:26pm On Jul 17, 2019
Benin republic is a French speaking country nah. So they should write in French. You can give what you don't have
Re: Graduates Of Benin Republic Universities Can't Write Any English Word -NYSC Dire by Ladygenny: 10:26pm On Jul 17, 2019
Re: Graduates Of Benin Republic Universities Can't Write Any English Word -NYSC Dire by golddeejay(m): 10:35pm On Jul 17, 2019
So? The ones that can write good are reselling data.(respect to all Hustlers). Abegi.
Re: Graduates Of Benin Republic Universities Can't Write Any English Word -NYSC Dire by Skmoda360(m): 10:44pm On Jul 17, 2019
Nemesis909:
Houdegbe.
You are so right....fake school.

3 Likes

Re: Graduates Of Benin Republic Universities Can't Write Any English Word -NYSC Dire by Makefav(m): 10:49pm On Jul 17, 2019
BlaqTesla:
He stated that NYSC had begun investigations into the activities of the universities involved in the fraudulent practice.

Director General of the National Youth Service Corps, Brigadier General Shuaibu Ibrahim has accused universities in the Benin Republic of presenting unqualified persons for its one-year mandatory national service.

He stated that NYSC had begun investigations into the activities of the universities involved in the fraudulent practice.

In a statement by the NYSC Director, Press and Public Relations, Mrs. Adenike Adeyemi, Ibrahim was quoted as saying: “It is unfortunate that some institutions of higher learning, particularly in Cotonou, Benin Republic, present to us people who didn’t go through the four walls of the university as graduates for NYSC mobilization.

“We are presently investigating some of such so-called graduates, many of whom cannot write or spell any word in English.”

Adeyemi also revealed that the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission has pledged to support the NYSC in combating fraudulent mobilization of unqualified graduates for national service.

The EFCC had reportedly commended corps members for educating Nigerians on the dangers of corruption through the Anti-corruption Community Development Service Groups.

Adeyemi said the EFCC acting chairman, Ibrahim Magu, made the pledge when Brig.-Gen. Shuaibu Ibrahim paid him a courtesy visit in his office recently at EFCC headquarters, Abuja.

She added that Magu condemned activities of unscrupulous persons who bring shame to the country through their desperate quest for wealth, including the sale of academic qualifications to unqualified graduates.

http://saharareporters.com/2019/07/17/graduates-benin-republic-universities-cant-write-any-english-word-nysc-director-general
in year 2013 a friend of mine who got ridiculous score in jamb 120 marks or so, quickly wet to Benin republic after I got admitted in Nigeria, amazingly she still graduated b4 me with almost a year
Re: Graduates Of Benin Republic Universities Can't Write Any English Word -NYSC Dire by Makefav(m): 10:49pm On Jul 17, 2019
[quote author=Makefav post=80374177] in year 2013 a friend of mine who got ridiculous score in jamb 120 marks or so, quickly went to Benin republic after I got admitted in Nigeria, amazingly she still graduated b4 me with almost a year
Re: Graduates Of Benin Republic Universities Can't Write Any English Word -NYSC Dire by Nobody: 10:51pm On Jul 17, 2019
nicepoker101:
Tell them to write in French then.
I wonder if this DG doesn't know that Benin Republic is a French speaking country.
Re: Graduates Of Benin Republic Universities Can't Write Any English Word -NYSC Dire by Nobody: 10:52pm On Jul 17, 2019
Makefav:
in year 2013 a friend of mine who got ridiculous score in jamb 120 marks or so, quickly wet to Benin republic after I got admitted in Nigeria, amazingly she still graduated b4 me with almost a year

So what are ya trying to say?
Re: Graduates Of Benin Republic Universities Can't Write Any English Word -NYSC Dire by BluntBoy(m): 11:16pm On Jul 17, 2019
Many Nigerians are getting degrees through backdoors from these universities situated in Benin Republic. There is one guy I know who spent one year and was out with a degree. He tried explaining how he had spent some years in a private university in Nigeria and how he had had to continue in Benin but the whole thing sounded dodgy.

I call on the NYSC to modify this issue ASAP.
Re: Graduates Of Benin Republic Universities Can't Write Any English Word -NYSC Dire by Nobody: 11:18pm On Jul 17, 2019
jericco1:
what if they can write in French?
this is ridiculous

You are very funny, so as a Nigerian u will go and study a course taught in French....even in Germany, Netherlands, France that have their official language, 90% of their course is in English.... very few course ar taught in local official language....and thats because it was structured that way..... if u are a graduate of a particular course e.g life science, natural science, management science, engineering etc, u are expected to be learned in English cos those course are taught in English all over the world.. no matter the official language of the nation
Re: Graduates Of Benin Republic Universities Can't Write Any English Word -NYSC Dire by obama30: 11:19pm On Jul 17, 2019
BlaqTesla:

Director General of the National Youth Service Corps, Brigadier General Shuaibu Ibrahim has accused universities in the Benin Republic of presenting unqualified persons for its one-year mandatory national service.

In a statement by the NYSC Director, Press and Public Relations, Mrs. Adenike Adeyemi, Ibrahim was quoted as saying: “It is unfortunate that some institutions of higher learning, particularly in Cotonou, Benin Republic, present to us people who didn’t go through the four walls of the university as graduates for NYSC mobilization.

“We are presently investigating some of such so-called graduates, many of whom cannot write or spell any word in English.”

Adeyemi also revealed that the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission has pledged to support the NYSC in combating fraudulent mobilization of unqualified graduates for national service.

The EFCC had reportedly commended corps members for educating Nigerians on the dangers of corruption through the Anti-corruption Community Development Service Groups.

Adeyemi said the EFCC acting chairman, Ibrahim Magu, made the pledge when Brig.-Gen. Shuaibu Ibrahim paid him a courtesy visit in his office recently at EFCC headquarters, Abuja.

She added that Magu condemned activities of unscrupulous persons who bring shame to the country through their desperate quest for wealth, including the sale of academic qualifications to unqualified graduates.

http://saharareporters.com/2019/07/17/graduates-benin-republic-universities-cant-write-any-english-word-nysc-director-general

Nigeria is a country where carpenter work as doctor, you have contracted EFCC which investigate financial cases to investigate education issues, is education fraud reason the institution formed? how and are they going to start to investigate education fraud when some of them never qualify to server at EFCC department only because their brother is president and all illiterates takes over every security unit. if EFCC can now start to investigate education fraud is easy to expose the EFCC staff by challenging their education qualification when they accuse and try to investigate any graduate or any one that have enter university whether graduate or not can start to defend his self from challenging our president qualification' because if he can rule Nigeria with questionable education certificate then anyone that can provide his WACE certificate cannot be accuse of education fraud. if i may ask who sure that NYSC director can write his name cause he is from the same backward leprosy striking region. Nigerian is where someone that study law commands an agricultural science graduate how to farm.
Re: Graduates Of Benin Republic Universities Can't Write Any English Word -NYSC Dire by Adenicephoto: 11:25pm On Jul 17, 2019
Lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Stop! Don't Buy That HND Form! / Cornell University Student Strips In Class To Defend Her Presentation In NewYork / (photos) A Look At The Africa Most Beautiful Campus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.