Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,187 members, 7,818,603 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:39 PM

Graduates Of Benin Republic Universities Can't Write Any English Word -NYSC Dire - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Graduates Of Benin Republic Universities Can't Write Any English Word -NYSC Dire (56638 Views)

1953 Photo Of Pioneer Female Graduates Of The University Of Ibadan / The Right English Word For “K Leg” And Other Facts You Need To Know / Dash: What Is The Correct English Word For Giving One Money Without Taking Back? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Graduates Of Benin Republic Universities Can't Write Any English Word -NYSC Dire by deavicky(m): 11:32pm On Jul 17, 2019
The man is lying. Is he saying they wrote their waec in yoruba or ignore?
Re: Graduates Of Benin Republic Universities Can't Write Any English Word -NYSC Dire by namiji2598: 12:05am On Jul 18, 2019
Chiedu4Trump:
I beg those must be Northerners.
I
In the South even market women can write.

E go hard the North when the South waka.

Imagine a doctor in the North who cant read
give me the location of that doctor sir
Re: Graduates Of Benin Republic Universities Can't Write Any English Word -NYSC Dire by erayo2GCA(m): 12:09am On Jul 18, 2019
Novartis:
The fact that some schools in Benin Republic are bad doesn’t mean all the schools there are bad!!

My younger sister is currently schooling in Benin Republic and she is having a sound education, in fact, she is more bright and brilliant than my other sister schooling in Uniben.

So please let’s stop generalizing

In every crate, there must be one or two bad eggs, but the entire crate can never be bad!

I rest my case

1 Like

Re: Graduates Of Benin Republic Universities Can't Write Any English Word -NYSC Dire by Chiedu4Trump: 12:32am On Jul 18, 2019
namiji2598:
give me the location of that doctor sir
grin

1 Like

Re: Graduates Of Benin Republic Universities Can't Write Any English Word -NYSC Dire by wakes: 1:08am On Jul 18, 2019
They speak and write French
Re: Graduates Of Benin Republic Universities Can't Write Any English Word -NYSC Dire by richard870(m): 1:23am On Jul 18, 2019
Zico5:

U are such a fool. In ur right sense, u are correcting someone.
Lolzzz... it's in my 'left' sense.Funny guy!
Re: Graduates Of Benin Republic Universities Can't Write Any English Word -NYSC Dire by Fortunate017(m): 3:28am On Jul 18, 2019
Demzlent:
Tell the nysc dg to write in French if he can.why accusing French speaking people of not being able to speak English
Remember you must be a Nigerian to come home and serve.

Unless they didn't get their primary or secondary education here in Nigeria. So I don't see why they can't write in English.

Besides, we should remove the dirt in our eyes first before the one in another's eyes. I just left Nysc orientation camp not quite long. I met many northern graduates who can't construct simple sentence some can't speak English language at all. I wonder how they graduated. One told me she studied hausa. She studied hausa, before that you didn't go to primary school or secondary school?
Re: Graduates Of Benin Republic Universities Can't Write Any English Word -NYSC Dire by komodapson(m): 3:32am On Jul 18, 2019
nanauju:
And these are the universities Nigerians are rushing to. So after paying big big money as school fees, they still graduate as half baked, and can't even write or spell correctly. For their mind, Dem go school abroad smh

Rubbish and Buhari angry

I taaya my sister.....it saddens my heart that the whole essence of university education is still unknown after the birth of university in Nigeria. Most People clamour for higher degrees for sole purpose of seeking employment which is defeatist in the first instance. Even in some UK universities, citizens bagged higher degrees from mushroom universities with incompetence&unproductivity to show for at the end of the day. I'll rather advocate for growth and investment(not funding ó) in monotechnic(not poly ó) and vocational education in Nigeria. Enough of uncooked graduates...its a ticking time bomb

1 Like

Re: Graduates Of Benin Republic Universities Can't Write Any English Word -NYSC Dire by komodapson(m): 3:36am On Jul 18, 2019
erayo2GCA:

Go and check your sister in that country, it’s not hard to cross the border, there’s no good school in Cotonou, all institutions in Nigeria are by far better! Go and see for yourself, pay her a visit and follow her to school. Students in Benin rep. who don’t want to buy result ASAP sit at home all day abusing all sorts of drugs to while away time then go ahead to buy the result when they have squandered their parents money and wasted like 3 years. I have lived in PK10, Sekandji etc I know what I’m saying. Go and check your sister, follow her to school, cross check her school activities in details before coming to say she’s brighter than the one in Uniben, laspotech is better than all the one building universities in Benin rep. Good morning

Lol...did you just say "one building universities".... Its sad,Benin republic is an enemy Nigeria/Nigerians would have to live with through their entire life....
Re: Graduates Of Benin Republic Universities Can't Write Any English Word -NYSC Dire by Bianda24: 4:58am On Jul 18, 2019
Ecole dey la Benin republique universite Anta Diop. Nigerians a la un ga sonnet in le nairalandie
Re: Graduates Of Benin Republic Universities Can't Write Any English Word -NYSC Dire by Nobody: 5:35am On Jul 18, 2019
erayo2GCA:

Go and check your sister in that country, it’s not hard to cross the border, there’s no good school in Cotonou, all institutions in Nigeria are by far better! Go and see for yourself, pay her a visit and follow her to school. Students in Benin rep. who don’t want to buy result ASAP sit at home all day abusing all sorts of drugs to while away time then go ahead to buy the result when they have squandered their parents money and wasted like 3 years. I have lived in PK10, Sekandji etc I know what I’m saying. Go and check your sister, follow her to school, cross check her school activities in details before coming to say she’s brighter than the one in Uniben, laspotech is better than all the one building universities in Benin rep. Good morning
So are you saying there is no good school in Benin Republic and any one who finishes from a school in Benin Republic bought their degree? Wow! I would have to really go and check up on my sister.
By the way, how much do they buy these degrees, because I’m sure if it were to be expensive, every Tom, dick and Harry won’t be buying degrees and people will focus more on studying and getting an education!
Re: Graduates Of Benin Republic Universities Can't Write Any English Word -NYSC Dire by Ikpongiton: 6:05am On Jul 18, 2019
What of those from othman danfio and bayero university
Re: Graduates Of Benin Republic Universities Can't Write Any English Word -NYSC Dire by riczy(m): 6:05am On Jul 18, 2019
nanauju:
And these are the universities Nigerians are rushing to. So after paying big big money as school fees, they still graduate as half baked, and can't even write or spell correctly. For their mind, Dem go school abroad smh

Rubbish and Buhari angry
The last time I checked,Benin republic is a French speaking country, y nt ask them to write in French,? They Wer taught In "French".
Re: Graduates Of Benin Republic Universities Can't Write Any English Word -NYSC Dire by Awaja(m): 6:06am On Jul 18, 2019
They thought them English with indigenous language
Re: Graduates Of Benin Republic Universities Can't Write Any English Word -NYSC Dire by archat: 6:44am On Jul 18, 2019
your ysn na rubish.we that are graduates give us jobs

1 Like

Re: Graduates Of Benin Republic Universities Can't Write Any English Word -NYSC Dire by archat: 6:44am On Jul 18, 2019
your yan na rubish.we that are graduates give us jobs

1 Like

Re: Graduates Of Benin Republic Universities Can't Write Any English Word -NYSC Dire by Nobody: 7:43am On Jul 18, 2019
Sexytemi:

Good for you, but please stop generalising.

Oh, but practically all Hiring Managers generalize - its quicker that way to sieve through hundreds - often-times, thousands of applicants. I'm not saying there aren't diamonds in the rough, but generally, the quality of folks that come from that Benin, I have found to be below par - you are honestly better off in a LASU / OOU (both of which I rate less than UNIBEN, UNILAG,U.I, OAU, C.U, B.U).
Re: Graduates Of Benin Republic Universities Can't Write Any English Word -NYSC Dire by OlowoLagos(m): 7:57am On Jul 18, 2019
erayo2GCA:

Maybe you are right bro, but not in all cases... We have many unserious set of people bearing the name "student" both home and abroad, so it is what we have upstairs that speaks.

By the grace, I am a product of Esae University Cotonou (Mass Communication) 2017 set and I can defend my certificate anytime/anywhere and I have some of my mate's that I can be sure of.

Even when I was doing my National Diploma there in the Polytechnic Offa, we have number of unserious set but the only thing is that "Mostly the unqualified graduate use to be abroad products (cotonou)"...

2 Likes

Re: Graduates Of Benin Republic Universities Can't Write Any English Word -NYSC Dire by micxwell(m): 8:04am On Jul 18, 2019
labani06:

what the hell do you mean by that hmm please come to north Nigeria and see how we are performing must of us in the are more intelligent than you people .
You say... Lol you guys may be good but it's just a few. But I can confirm to you that even the brilliant ones amongst you are not well grounded in all spheres of learning. I have met guys from the north (majority of which are now lecturers) that are good in theory (their good is still not at par with most that schooled in the south/west) but when it comes to calculations, they are off.
Re: Graduates Of Benin Republic Universities Can't Write Any English Word -NYSC Dire by olisaEze(m): 8:19am On Jul 18, 2019
GISpro:
I'm not sure this OP did NYSC. How can you not know that Director General is abbreviated as 'DG' not 'Dire'.

End time op angry

Na dem na, Benin Uni graduates! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Graduates Of Benin Republic Universities Can't Write Any English Word -NYSC Dire by Rilley(m): 8:33am On Jul 18, 2019
TEQ365VENTURES:
Lol na today?.. Have your 400k at hand and you will be issued an original certificate from one of the top universities in cotonou and be mobilized for NYSC. currently have someone that just mobilized...
Big liar
Re: Graduates Of Benin Republic Universities Can't Write Any English Word -NYSC Dire by Dagrace01(m): 8:42am On Jul 18, 2019
It is so annoying when our leaders utter this nefarious statements. It's quite appalling to think a student learns how to articulate in English in the higher institution, when in the Constitution an o level holder can hold any official post in the Nigerian politics. I can boldly and proudly acclaim that I studied in Benin Republic and just a few of those that studied international relations in Nigeria can withstand me. Even the DG himself can't compete with me in the use of English language. Am not saying such things don't happen in Benin republic, just as it does happened in Nigeria too, all am saying is that the use of or writing of English language doesn't determine whether u are a graduate or not. Infact I know some good engineering graduates who can't speak or write much of English. And I've also heard some of our political leaders speaking bad English. I won't blame anybody for not being able to speak the language well because its not ours, what matters most is what we all have in our medula oblongata. He should rather have said those that didn't go through the four walls will be investigated, not that most Benin republic graduates can't write in English.. We that studied there are Nigerians just like those that were privileged to study in US, Canada, Nigeria and so on, he should withdraw that statement and apologize.
Re: Graduates Of Benin Republic Universities Can't Write Any English Word -NYSC Dire by Rilley(m): 8:45am On Jul 18, 2019
Sexytemi:

True buying of certificate takes place in Benin Republic but Houdegbe is not one of such universities who takes part in the madness of certificate buying/selling. In Houdegbe you spend four years without any short cut. Most of the universities participating in this madness are not even accredited but they go about discrediting HNAUB. You might be wondering why I'm defending HNAUB, it's simply because I am a graduate of HNAUB and i can defend myself, school and certificate anywhere in the world. Well, that is because i struggled, worked hard and attended lectures for four years to get it ( No shortcut involved).
You are one of the half baked graduate, i see.
Re: Graduates Of Benin Republic Universities Can't Write Any English Word -NYSC Dire by Dagrace01(m): 8:46am On Jul 18, 2019
erayo2GCA:

It is so annoying when our leaders utter this nefarious statements. It's quite appalling to think a student learns how to articulate in English in the higher institution, when in the Constitution an o level holder can hold any official post in the Nigerian politics. I can boldly and proudly acclaim that I studied in Benin Republic and just a few of those that studied international relations in Nigeria can withstand me. Even the DG himself can't compete with me in the use of English language. Am not saying such things don't happen in Benin republic, just as it does happened in Nigeria too, all am saying is that the use of or writing of English language doesn't determine whether u are a graduate or not. Infact I know some good engineering graduates who can't speak or write much of English. And I've also heard some of our political leaders speaking bad English. I won't blame anybody for not being able to speak the language well because its not ours, what matters most is what we all have in our medula oblongata. He should rather have said those that didn't go through the four walls will be investigated, not that most Benin republic graduates can't write in English.. We that studied there are Nigerians just like those that were privileged to study in US, Canada, Nigeria and so on, he should withdraw that statement and apologize.
Re: Graduates Of Benin Republic Universities Can't Write Any English Word -NYSC Dire by Dagrace01(m): 9:09am On Jul 18, 2019
erayo2GCA:

Hello to, you don't know what you are talking about, you can't be too sure of you're saying because you didn't have the logical reasoning to do so. Now let me enlighten you about Benin republic education system, yes they do mushroom institutions set up by Nigerians, but never, I repeat never would they be able to mobilize students for nysc, Houdegbe that u guys usually shout had that problem for years. Until an institution is accredited and registered over there, and recognised by Nuc here, students can't be mobilized just as it happens within Nigeria. Now about the quality of education, well! I can't speak for any other school, but the one I graduated from(ESSF)? You or any student in Nigeria can't withstand the level of knowledge we acquire there, Speaking of English language is another case entirely because we all learn it in the secondary school and if peradventure a Nigerian who is an o level holder can't articulate or write English then it's not Benin republic institutions that caused it, it's our secondary schools, as we all know we have thousands of mushroom unrecognized sec schs in Nigeria. Trust me when I was in 300L we faced international relations students in Nigeria when visited NIIA and we embarrassed them on their own turf.
Re: Graduates Of Benin Republic Universities Can't Write Any English Word -NYSC Dire by labani06(m): 9:17am On Jul 18, 2019
micxwell:

You say... Lol you guys may be good but it's just a few. But I can confirm to you that even the brilliant ones amongst you are not well grounded in all spheres of learning. I have met guys from the north (majority of which are now lecturers) that are good in theory (their good is still not at par with most that schooled in the south/west) but when it comes to calculations, they are off.
Do you know that the best Mathematician in this country is from northern part of this country his name was professor emeritus Ballah the inventor of the theorem two parallel lines meet at infinity. apart from him we have thousands of well qualified Mathematians, and you are very aware of people like Ibrahim Hassan Dan kwambo former accountant general of the federation and former governor of Gombe state , Nasir elrufai governor of kaduna etc and no need to explain to you who they are because you knew them
Re: Graduates Of Benin Republic Universities Can't Write Any English Word -NYSC Dire by olusolaolaleye: 9:20am On Jul 18, 2019
The University in question should check and the certificate of the graduate should be verified.
For fully sponspored workshop,training course,conferences,masters, PhD, Post Doc .Visit
www.opportunity4researchers.com
Re: Graduates Of Benin Republic Universities Can't Write Any English Word -NYSC Dire by OlowoLagos(m): 9:37am On Jul 18, 2019
Dagrace01:

You've said it all bruh...

1 Like

Re: Graduates Of Benin Republic Universities Can't Write Any English Word -NYSC Dire by Litmus: 9:47am On Jul 18, 2019
nanauju:

Seems you didn't read the article at all. You just came rushing to rant because you probably attended a uni in Benin.

Yes o, Na by English o, as far as Nigeria is concerned. Na English be our lingua franca here. Unless you want to live your life in Benin Republic and speak French. The only way you can survive communication in an Anglo-phone country is by speaking and writing good English.

If you attended pry and sec school in Nigeria, went there to waste money on school fees for uni, and then came back worse off than you left, then you're half baked. And this doesn't have anything to do with lingua franca...people wey go school for Germany nko. Check the standard of your uni

My intended post, thanks for saving me the writing.

1 Like

Re: Graduates Of Benin Republic Universities Can't Write Any English Word -NYSC Dire by Nobody: 10:12am On Jul 18, 2019
Don’t generalize
Re: Graduates Of Benin Republic Universities Can't Write Any English Word -NYSC Dire by Systrom(m): 10:19am On Jul 18, 2019
TEQ365VENTURES:
Lol na today?.. Have your 400k at hand and you will be issued an original certificate from one of the top universities in cotonou and be mobilized for NYSC. currently have someone that just mobilized...
400k for a certificate many people spent 4-6 years to get angry

What is this world turning to ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Stop! Don't Buy That HND Form! / Cornell University Student Strips In Class To Defend Her Presentation In NewYork / (photos) A Look At The Africa Most Beautiful Campus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.