Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,950 members, 7,835,165 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:23 AM

Nigeria Will Soon Produce Graduates Who Can't Speak English — Senator Okorocha - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Will Soon Produce Graduates Who Can't Speak English — Senator Okorocha (33165 Views)

Why We Arrested Senator Okorocha - Police / Senator Okorocha Arrested For Unsealing Seized Hotel (video) / Governor Wike Welcomes Senator Okorocha To Brick House In Rivers State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Will Soon Produce Graduates Who Can't Speak English — Senator Okorocha by Nobody: 11:59am On Jul 18, 2019
What a joker, the house is for honourable men of wisdom, and work ethic, not mediocres...quite sad.
Re: Nigeria Will Soon Produce Graduates Who Can't Speak English — Senator Okorocha by Nobody: 12:02pm On Jul 18, 2019
I concur with you Senator Iberiberism but we have to start with those of you in position of powers in various aspects of govt if we must tidy up ds mess.
Re: Nigeria Will Soon Produce Graduates Who Can't Speak English — Senator Okorocha by ojay2053(m): 12:02pm On Jul 18, 2019
Iberiberism one of Imo STate, I salute .
Re: Nigeria Will Soon Produce Graduates Who Can't Speak English — Senator Okorocha by oz4real83(m): 12:07pm On Jul 18, 2019
Adukpe19:
Mr, why are you writing names of a place and acronyms in lower case in between your sentences, seems like in your school, you were not taught the aspect called parts of speech in English language. You own too get coma.
attention seeker. "You" is different from "your". Check your last sentence. You just got my attention. Congrats. Go on and celebrate.
Re: Nigeria Will Soon Produce Graduates Who Can't Speak English — Senator Okorocha by Cajal(m): 12:08pm On Jul 18, 2019
Sunmolar:
How many productive Chinese can speak English? Yet they make footprints worldwide.
...do not mind him
We are talking about technical know-how
is talking about foreign language
Misplaced priority
Re: Nigeria Will Soon Produce Graduates Who Can't Speak English — Senator Okorocha by anonimi: 12:09pm On Jul 18, 2019
CloudResident:
...and politicians who only know how to erect statues! undecided

See finishing grin cheesy
May we have more wise Nigerians like you and less dumb ones who allow/vote rogues like Okorocha into office.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3084794_DumbPeople_jpg287f2b4d3ead2f536f99f92cbca9c590

ojay2053:
Iberiberism one of Imo STate, I salute .

It didn't take long to spot one undecided

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Will Soon Produce Graduates Who Can't Speak English — Senator Okorocha by nokatakata: 12:10pm On Jul 18, 2019
You can't speak English doesn't mean your brain won't function. You don't use English in sewing clothes ,constructing bridges and for so many other skills.

Understanding and being able to speak English is just an added advantage. I have seen some people who speak very poor English language but are very good in mathematics.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Will Soon Produce Graduates Who Can't Speak English — Senator Okorocha by SteelBlade(m): 12:14pm On Jul 18, 2019
Mtcheeeew see this one too dey talk.
Abeg IBERIBEISM na English word?
Good riddance to bad rubbish
Re: Nigeria Will Soon Produce Graduates Who Can't Speak English — Senator Okorocha by sulasa07(m): 12:15pm On Jul 18, 2019
oz4real83:
I taught ss2 and ss3 in a public school in ayetoro,yewa North,Ogun state in my nysc days. I can attest to the fact that though my ss3 students were about writing waec/neco exams,more than 80 percent of them could neither speak nor write in English language even though they "copy notes". I have always wondered if it is the same waec,neco and jamb that every part of the country is writing!!!
Go to North, I don't know if them pass Waec or Neco Abi them dey dash them markss
Re: Nigeria Will Soon Produce Graduates Who Can't Speak English — Senator Okorocha by koa247(m): 12:15pm On Jul 18, 2019
Who?
Re: Nigeria Will Soon Produce Graduates Who Can't Speak English — Senator Okorocha by sureheaven(m): 12:15pm On Jul 18, 2019
This guy is a fool, we don't need graduate English speaking student.

The president of South Korea can't speak English.
Re: Nigeria Will Soon Produce Graduates Who Can't Speak English — Senator Okorocha by oderinde151(m): 12:17pm On Jul 18, 2019
oz4real83:
I taught ss2 and ss3 in a public school in ayetoro,yewa North,Ogun state in my nysc days. I can attest to the fact that though my ss3 students were about writing waec/neco exams,more than 80 percent of them could neither speak nor write in English language even though they "copy notes". I have always wondered if it is the same waec,neco and jamb that every part of the country is writing!!!
ajoda, community grammar school or comprehensive high school?
Re: Nigeria Will Soon Produce Graduates Who Can't Speak English — Senator Okorocha by Aystarz: 12:18pm On Jul 18, 2019
oz4real83:

You mean the Ayetoro close to Ayobo Choi!
Re: Nigeria Will Soon Produce Graduates Who Can't Speak English — Senator Okorocha by Ikpongiton: 12:18pm On Jul 18, 2019
PEDRO117:
Which President
Do you even know what English is??
you are a liar and enemy of the state ,if you claim that Buhari speak and communicate in english language fluently
Re: Nigeria Will Soon Produce Graduates Who Can't Speak English — Senator Okorocha by Nobody: 12:19pm On Jul 18, 2019
Sunmolar:
How many productive Chinese can speak English? Yet they make footprints worldwide.

But English is not their lingua Franca. They aren't taught English at school.
Re: Nigeria Will Soon Produce Graduates Who Can't Speak English — Senator Okorocha by Nobody: 12:21pm On Jul 18, 2019
What is he talking about? Does anyone need to know how to speak English to be President? Is Buhari not a 'graduate'? We keep pushing away the global standards because of nepotism, foreign religions affinity and tribalism.

In sane climes, illiterates, and unread people are denied access to positions of leadership because the unlettered are very toxic and biased. Now we are in a country where illiterates use sophisticated gimmicks of illiteracy to engineer us towards tribal war. While we are defending his forged documents because he is 'our man'.

Very soon, we will produce a President who can not write his name because he will be our man. There is no God out there that can save the North from illiteracy except we forcefully lock them up and educate them.

Until then, we must continue to protest on social media while others defend 'their man'.

Even the Chief Sculptor of Owerri has finally found his way to the Red Chambers of the Saints making points without any action.
Re: Nigeria Will Soon Produce Graduates Who Can't Speak English — Senator Okorocha by RealSolution001: 12:21pm On Jul 18, 2019
To speak English na by force?
Re: Nigeria Will Soon Produce Graduates Who Can't Speak English — Senator Okorocha by igwefivestar(m): 12:22pm On Jul 18, 2019

Re: Nigeria Will Soon Produce Graduates Who Can't Speak English — Senator Okorocha by sapientia(m): 12:22pm On Jul 18, 2019
Is it now that they can speak?

Just say very soon, we wont have lecturers that can speak English.

Maybe then, i will regard it as a news.
Re: Nigeria Will Soon Produce Graduates Who Can't Speak English — Senator Okorocha by oz4real83(m): 12:22pm On Jul 18, 2019
Aystarz:

You mean the Ayetoro close to Ayobo Choi!
joga, saale
Re: Nigeria Will Soon Produce Graduates Who Can't Speak English — Senator Okorocha by Came4amod: 12:24pm On Jul 18, 2019
Sunmolar:
speaking english in some part of china is similar to speaking Italian in Nigeria..English is Nigeria's formal language, while mandarin is china's i stand corrected ..
Re: Nigeria Will Soon Produce Graduates Who Can't Speak English — Senator Okorocha by gabicon: 12:24pm On Jul 18, 2019
Sunmolar:

As much as we champion productivity we need to understand that communication is key to productivity. Business in China is transacted in the Chinese language and not English, business in Nigeria is transacted in English language hence if one can't communicate in the language doing business might be a little difficult.
Re: Nigeria Will Soon Produce Graduates Who Can't Speak English — Senator Okorocha by RealSolution001: 12:25pm On Jul 18, 2019
nokatakata:
You can't speak English doesn't mean your brain won't function. You don't use English in sewing clothes ,constructing bridges and for so many other skills.

Understanding and being able to speak English is just an added advantage. I have seen some people who speak very poor English language but are very good in mathematics.

Nice one. Tell them
Re: Nigeria Will Soon Produce Graduates Who Can't Speak English — Senator Okorocha by Aystarz: 12:25pm On Jul 18, 2019
oz4real83:
joga, saale

I don't know Joga, Saale; only Ayetoro Fence area which is close to Ayobo and Lafenwa
Re: Nigeria Will Soon Produce Graduates Who Can't Speak English — Senator Okorocha by oz4real83(m): 12:25pm On Jul 18, 2019
oderinde151:
ajoda, community grammar school or comprehensive high school?
na wa for u oooo. Comprehensive was the best in the region. I don't want to be specific because of some of the few good students that were there also. Just that the bad ones were too many.
Re: Nigeria Will Soon Produce Graduates Who Can't Speak English — Senator Okorocha by sssoulw(m): 12:26pm On Jul 18, 2019
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
anyimontana:
Who English EPP?..as far as they can calculate money..
Re: Nigeria Will Soon Produce Graduates Who Can't Speak English — Senator Okorocha by lexy2014: 12:26pm On Jul 18, 2019
NUJABEZ:

In cases like this, consider the language of instruction. A Chinese man learns science in the Chinese language, while a Yoruba man learns science in the English language thus depriving him of the quality of understanding available to the Chinese man due to instruction being in his (Chinese) mother tongue.

I think u missed d part where he said "productive". I think he is saying English hasn't improved our productivity as a nation

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Will Soon Produce Graduates Who Can't Speak English — Senator Okorocha by liver123(m): 12:26pm On Jul 18, 2019
I don't think English is the problem graduates are facing. What about those that can speak and write good English yet no job

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Will Soon Produce Graduates Who Can't Speak English — Senator Okorocha by Xkalaban(m): 12:26pm On Jul 18, 2019
For once, I'll concur to Cọckroachass Okoronwusa's observation grin

Re: Nigeria Will Soon Produce Graduates Who Can't Speak English — Senator Okorocha by Chiefochiefo(m): 12:28pm On Jul 18, 2019
But can solve mathematics sha
Re: Nigeria Will Soon Produce Graduates Who Can't Speak English — Senator Okorocha by lexy2014: 12:28pm On Jul 18, 2019
Came4amod:

speaking english in some part of china is similar to speaking Italian in Nigeria..English is Nigeria's formal language, while mandarin is china's i stand corrected ..

Does speaking english make u productive in Nigeria?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Alamieyeseigha Releases Campaign Picture / Nigerians Will Soon See The ‘change’ I Promised– Buhari / Police Beat Taiye Elebiyo Edeni, NAN Reporter At Dry Port Inauguration In Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.