Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,316 members, 7,822,544 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:41 PM

Should I Wish My Ex-girlfriend Happy Birthday ? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should I Wish My Ex-girlfriend Happy Birthday ? (51479 Views)

Poll: Should i wish her happy birthday ?

call her: 7% (9 votes)
Send her a message: 50% (62 votes)
Just ignore: 42% (53 votes)
This poll has ended

Use These 40 Phrases To Make Your Girlfriend Happy When She’s Angry / 15 Things You Need To Do To Make Your Girlfriend Happy Always. / 5 Proven Ways To Make Your Girlfriend Happy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Wish My Ex-girlfriend Happy Birthday ? by Nobody: 9:06am On Oct 13, 2010
My ex-girlfriend birthday comes up by weekend but I don't know if it would be nice to send her a birthday message even though with the fact that she was never committed to the relationship which led to break up.she never really cared all through the time I knew her but I still love her.please,what do you guys suggest ? Should I send her the message  or not ? Will she respond well or just ignore  ? Please help me with your candid advice.I will tolerate any form of advice from you guys cuz I need it badly.
thanks
Re: Should I Wish My Ex-girlfriend Happy Birthday ? by mukina2: 12:26pm On Oct 13, 2010
No.
Re: Should I Wish My Ex-girlfriend Happy Birthday ? by FFA: 12:30pm On Oct 13, 2010
go on soun, go ahead
Re: Should I Wish My Ex-girlfriend Happy Birthday ? by kokoletz(m): 12:32pm On Oct 13, 2010
Why not?
Re: Should I Wish My Ex-girlfriend Happy Birthday ? by kcreal(f): 12:35pm On Oct 13, 2010
Go ahead, if she ignores it, that's her business.
Re: Should I Wish My Ex-girlfriend Happy Birthday ? by Youngichou(m): 12:35pm On Oct 13, 2010
Hmmmm although i dont celebrate birthdays. But if i were to do so i wont send her a message because honestly she would use it to form for you o! You know girls na
Re: Should I Wish My Ex-girlfriend Happy Birthday ? by Omolola1(f): 12:37pm On Oct 13, 2010
Don't call her, dont even send her a message
Re: Should I Wish My Ex-girlfriend Happy Birthday ? by shadrach77: 12:38pm On Oct 13, 2010
i would say, it depends on the way in which your relationship ended. if you ended it mutually and you remain on good terms, then by all means send her a birthday greeting, but if you ended it on a sour note particularly if she was the one who ended it, then there is no need to send her a birthday greeting as doing so would imply that you have not moved on - best of luck  cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Should I Wish My Ex-girlfriend Happy Birthday ? by kokoletz(m): 12:41pm On Oct 13, 2010
@shedra hmmmmm
Re: Should I Wish My Ex-girlfriend Happy Birthday ? by waladis(m): 12:42pm On Oct 13, 2010
Depending on the circumstances, if both of you are not already in a relationship, then go ahead. But if one of you is, then better not to.
Re: Should I Wish My Ex-girlfriend Happy Birthday ? by icare1: 12:45pm On Oct 13, 2010
send a birthday wish as what- friend , acquitance or ex girlfriend
Re: Should I Wish My Ex-girlfriend Happy Birthday ? by sayso: 12:47pm On Oct 13, 2010
are you still thinking of her?
Re: Should I Wish My Ex-girlfriend Happy Birthday ? by daywatcher: 12:48pm On Oct 13, 2010
a simple 'happy birthday' would not hurt, better to do than think 'i should have' later
Re: Should I Wish My Ex-girlfriend Happy Birthday ? by chines4(m): 12:49pm On Oct 13, 2010
Bros  stop being childish, since u remembered it. Go ahead and wish her happy birthday. and Pls go on with your life(Not that it will be easy since u'r still clinging to her)
Re: Should I Wish My Ex-girlfriend Happy Birthday ? by Nobody: 12:49pm On Oct 13, 2010
go ahead and do it, but just dont appear needy or acting like u desperately want her back. win or lose, u'll only come from the experience stronger

1 Like

Re: Should I Wish My Ex-girlfriend Happy Birthday ? by fredoooooo: 12:55pm On Oct 13, 2010
why not , you can still meet in future ,
Re: Should I Wish My Ex-girlfriend Happy Birthday ? by Ranoscky(m): 12:56pm On Oct 13, 2010
Don't call her on phone, she myt ignore and dat would make it worse (dependin on how u guys ended up).

Just send her a text message, wishin her a happy birthday and move on with your lyf !!!
Re: Should I Wish My Ex-girlfriend Happy Birthday ? by Creamish(f): 12:58pm On Oct 13, 2010
a text message is more appropraite.
Re: Should I Wish My Ex-girlfriend Happy Birthday ? by lexicon(m): 12:59pm On Oct 13, 2010
Creamish:

yeah
Re: Should I Wish My Ex-girlfriend Happy Birthday ? by KAYD007(m): 1:04pm On Oct 13, 2010
I can  imagine

ring ring rung!

hello ma ex girlyflend, how does u do?
I am call to whissh u Appy bedday
& to findi out if by any chance
u still get some punny remain for me
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Should I Wish My Ex-girlfriend Happy Birthday ? by r231(m): 1:04pm On Oct 13, 2010
call her and sing happy birthday to her
Re: Should I Wish My Ex-girlfriend Happy Birthday ? by Chicent(m): 1:06pm On Oct 13, 2010
why not if not.its just a b/day wish&nt a makeup text.juz go ahead&only text her.if she gat conscience she wud reply&if she dont,u hav satisfied ur conscience, praaah
Re: Should I Wish My Ex-girlfriend Happy Birthday ? by cammax7(m): 1:09pm On Oct 13, 2010
Suprise should be the key element here. If she's expecting you to call or reach out to her in anyway to say happy birthday, don't. But if she isn't expecting it, then you should. So, can you tell what she'll be expecting you to do?
Re: Should I Wish My Ex-girlfriend Happy Birthday ? by Folala(m): 1:10pm On Oct 13, 2010
No harm in wishing her a happy birthday. Hopefully, you are not expecting her to appreciate it cos SHE WON'T so wish her well and move on with your life  grin
Re: Should I Wish My Ex-girlfriend Happy Birthday ? by Kennyblues(m): 1:12pm On Oct 13, 2010
It does not add neither does it reduce your status in all ramification; you can go ahead and wish her happy birthday, BTW if she was not your ex, can't you wish anybody a happy birthday?

Anyway, if you choose to call her don't get broken in your conversation with her for how you say those words matters.
Re: Should I Wish My Ex-girlfriend Happy Birthday ? by MOBO444(f): 1:14pm On Oct 13, 2010
@ Poster your ex, haba please get a life and move on from the she devil.
Re: Should I Wish My Ex-girlfriend Happy Birthday ? by Folala(m): 1:15pm On Oct 13, 2010
Creamish:

A birthday card is more appropriate dont you think?
Re: Should I Wish My Ex-girlfriend Happy Birthday ? by skfa1: 1:16pm On Oct 13, 2010
Just send her a message and be brieve, dont act or appear as if you still want her back.

For example a message like this could be sent to her.

Happy Bday,long life and prosperity,God bless.

That is qiute straight and make sure you move on with your life aswell.

1 Like

Re: Should I Wish My Ex-girlfriend Happy Birthday ? by KAYD007(m): 1:19pm On Oct 13, 2010
@ poster.

move on ma guy. she shouldnt exist in ur line of vision anymore
therefore u need to reset the jumper in ya head, better still
reformat ya psyche & delete her from ya memory.
Re: Should I Wish My Ex-girlfriend Happy Birthday ? by Nobody: 1:22pm On Oct 13, 2010
Yes you can dear, i have posted something similar here before, you can, but not more than that, just a simple 1minute call should do, no lovvy durvy stories pls in ur conversation, and NO GIFT.!!!
Re: Should I Wish My Ex-girlfriend Happy Birthday ? by Nobody: 1:23pm On Oct 13, 2010
Yes you can dear, i have posted something similar here before, you can, but not more than that, just a simple 1minute call should do, no 'i miss u', no lovvy durvy stories pls in ur conversation, and NO GIFT.!!!
Re: Should I Wish My Ex-girlfriend Happy Birthday ? by conquerorb: 1:34pm On Oct 13, 2010
A simple or casual happy birthday will do,with no emotional tones.And dont give her an opprtunity to think u re still emotionally attached to her.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Is This Pastor Doing With A Love Machine? / 11 Sure Signs She Is No Longer Interested In You. / Lady Dumps Her Boyfriend Who Bullied Her Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.