Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,720 members, 7,809,733 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:06 PM

Praise The Lord, Senate Clears President, Indicts Atiku Over Ptdf Scam - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Praise The Lord, Senate Clears President, Indicts Atiku Over Ptdf Scam (2052 Views)

Senate Clears Air On Alleged ‘missing 2016 Budget-channels Television / Senate Clears Amaechi As Minister / Ministerial Screening: Fashola Indicts Himself Before The Senate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Praise The Lord, Senate Clears President, Indicts Atiku Over Ptdf Scam by Mamajama(m): 2:23pm On May 11, 2007
AFTER nearly nine months of deliberations, the Senate yesterday declared that Vice President Atiku Abubakar acted illegally in the management of the Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF) funds. But it made no recommendation against him.

On the indicting recommendations made concerning President Olusegun Obasanjo, in the report of the Senate Review Committee on the Ad hoc Committee that investigated the PTDF, the Upper House threw them out when an overwhelming number of the lawmakers declined to uphold the recommendations.

Its about time the start doing their elected duties. This is a good step in moving Nigeria forward.

http://www.guardiannewsngr.com/news/article02
Re: Praise The Lord, Senate Clears President, Indicts Atiku Over Ptdf Scam by saintchux(m): 3:19pm On May 11, 2007
Why are we praising the Lord, for clearing OBJ ur father or indicting Atiku ur father's enemy?
Re: Praise The Lord, Senate Clears President, Indicts Atiku Over Ptdf Scam by Bankole01(m): 3:24pm On May 11, 2007
The spineless and redundant senate are only looking out for themselves when they decided to clear their emperor and jungle master obasnakejo, they know he will eliminate them one at a time until the most vindictive one finishes them all.

It has nothing to do with the Lord. The Lord is looking down on Nigeria and the Host of heaven are weeping for us!!!!!
Re: Praise The Lord, Senate Clears President, Indicts Atiku Over Ptdf Scam by Beline(f): 3:34pm On May 11, 2007
Why are we praising God? Is it that OBJ is clear by the senate because he is not corrupt or that he was able to buy them over and Atiku fail in this aspect?
Re: Praise The Lord, Senate Clears President, Indicts Atiku Over Ptdf Scam by Mamajama(m): 4:16pm On May 11, 2007
We are praising the LORD BECAUSE ANOTHER CRIMINAL bites the dust, one by one we will clean Nigeria of this epidemic.
Re: Praise The Lord, Senate Clears President, Indicts Atiku Over Ptdf Scam by Bankole01(m): 4:20pm On May 11, 2007
MAMAJAMA:

AFTER nearly nine months of deliberations

Its about time the start doing their elected duties. This is a good step in moving Nigeria forward.

http://www.guardiannewsngr.com/news/article02

Delibrawhat?  The senate did not delibrate on nothing but sharing money. they simply cast away the delibrations of the commitee which actualy convicted Obasanjo and his merry band of thieves. The senate are for self preservation not during any duties!!!

Lord actually weeps for Nigeria the land overrun by evil people.
Re: Praise The Lord, Senate Clears President, Indicts Atiku Over Ptdf Scam by oshkosh(m): 5:05pm On May 11, 2007
I can't say Good News enough. This is the nail in Atiku's closed coffin.

All the senators that previously sided with him in the misplaced hope that he'll do well in the elections and they'll benefit now know better.

Good news indeed.
Re: Praise The Lord, Senate Clears President, Indicts Atiku Over Ptdf Scam by Mariory(m): 5:16pm On May 11, 2007
As if it was ever in doubt that Atiku will be confirmed a thief. So he is still in London "nursing" a "sprained knee". The deluded idiot just keeps fooling himself.
Re: Praise The Lord, Senate Clears President, Indicts Atiku Over Ptdf Scam by Bankole01(m): 5:22pm On May 11, 2007
Mariory:

As if it was ever in doubt that Atiku will be confirmed a thief. So he is still in London "nursing" a "sprained knee". The deluded idiot just keeps fooling himself.

Shows what you know about PDP politics. Their bigwigs are now in london to beg Atiku not to fight the April selections at the tribunal. But he has admantly refused to be pacified. We know Atiku is a thief. So is Obasanjo and is merry band of rouges both at NASS, his cabinet, governors etc, etc.
Re: Praise The Lord, Senate Clears President, Indicts Atiku Over Ptdf Scam by McKren(m): 5:25pm On May 11, 2007
Well I was waiting to see a new version of law, where spending government money meant for a particular project for another government project will be equated to spending government money on private bussiness interest.

It is interesting that AC has carried its campaign of calumny over to the Senate, A Senate that could not be compromised for 3rd term, the same Senate that has been having field days opposing the President from Ekiti emergency, to removal of EFCC from Presidency to FOI Bill. All this while they were hounarable and distinguished in the eyes of AC and Atiku.

Now that they have refused to attach sentiments to the PTDF scandal they have become shameful and a tool in the hands of the President.
Victory for democracy is not only when it sounds favourable to Atiku or AC.
Re: Praise The Lord, Senate Clears President, Indicts Atiku Over Ptdf Scam by Afam(m): 5:37pm On May 11, 2007
Nigerians are the most inconsistent human beings on planet earth.

When the Senate does anything in favour of OBJ the Senate is rubbish but when it does something against his interests then the Senate is God sent.

Atiku contesting the election is the most time wasting venture he will ever embark upon, after all he came a distant 3rd.

I guess some hangers on are still deceiving him and making money for themselves while giving him hopeless hope.
Re: Praise The Lord, Senate Clears President, Indicts Atiku Over Ptdf Scam by 9ja4eva: 5:45pm On May 11, 2007
No i dont agree with you.On what basis is Obj being cleared?We all know that he is the main person to be indicted.

Hope for a brighter Nigeria
Re: Praise The Lord, Senate Clears President, Indicts Atiku Over Ptdf Scam by Mamajama(m): 6:06pm On May 11, 2007
Please We need a TRADITIONAL RULER to put to JUJU together to get some Nigerians to open their eyes and see the new development in Nigeria. This issue is not IS OBJ CORRUPT? the Issue at hand is a VICE PRESIDENT NAME ATIKU UNDER OATH mismanage $125 Million that was in an account. can you imagine what change this money willbring to just one region in Nigeria? instead of people to open their eyes and see. they are here talking about OBJ. did obj put gun to ATIKU head and told him to mismanage the funds? why is he in London, a follow up check up only last couple hours but this thief is trying to run away from RIBADU.
Re: Praise The Lord, Senate Clears President, Indicts Atiku Over Ptdf Scam by Bankole01(m): 6:30pm On May 11, 2007
MAMAJAMA:

Please We need a TRADITIONAL RULER to put to JUJU together to get some Nigerians to open their eyes and see the new development in Nigeria. This issue is not IS OBJ CORRUPT?

The issue is about Obasanjo, Atiku, Bode George, Anenih, Ali, and the rest of the thieving Nigerian elites, all eyes including yours need to be opened. No pontificating here!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Praise The Lord, Senate Clears President, Indicts Atiku Over Ptdf Scam by Mamajama(m): 7:59pm On May 11, 2007
Bankole01 seriously you need to get LAID so you can get off my case. why do you desire so much attention?
Re: Praise The Lord, Senate Clears President, Indicts Atiku Over Ptdf Scam by Has(m): 8:11pm On May 11, 2007
mamajama,
u will hear more of obj dubious acts after 29 may, people are just keeping quite first.
Re: Praise The Lord, Senate Clears President, Indicts Atiku Over Ptdf Scam by Mamajama(m): 8:15pm On May 11, 2007
Until then, I salute una
Re: Praise The Lord, Senate Clears President, Indicts Atiku Over Ptdf Scam by atiku4lyfe: 8:16pm On May 11, 2007
this is all lieess by the senate!! they have been paid off! stop this rubbish obasanjo! go to your farm
Re: Praise The Lord, Senate Clears President, Indicts Atiku Over Ptdf Scam by Mamajama(m): 8:20pm On May 11, 2007
atiku4lyfe Spell check works better sometime. I don't tell una i really don't expect much from a typical Hausa boy, LMAO
Re: Praise The Lord, Senate Clears President, Indicts Atiku Over Ptdf Scam by Has(m): 8:24pm On May 11, 2007
Mamajama,
u said u are in USA and i thank God u know that people of nigeria are suffering under the umbrella of obj and PDP, for ur rememberance go back and view ur profile under picture/ text, u said "my people are suffering and the rich man is lookin"
Dont blame anyone that is against ur man-obj
Re: Praise The Lord, Senate Clears President, Indicts Atiku Over Ptdf Scam by OBJ3(m): 8:25pm On May 11, 2007
people still wont accept the senate report. you guys only accept senate report when it does your bidding? when 3rd term was quashed by the senate the were heroes. I accepted the results as a democrats. now they have reviewed and found the truth about PTDF and U say they were mistaken. Haba angry

nigerians are unpleaseable angry angry angry
Re: Praise The Lord, Senate Clears President, Indicts Atiku Over Ptdf Scam by Has(m): 8:37pm On May 11, 2007
MAMAJAMA:

atiku4lyfe Spell check works better sometime. I don't tell una i really don't expect much from a typical Hausa boy, LMAO
what does Hausa got to do in a matter like this? atiku4lyfe may not necessary be a hausa man, people like u feel that anyone that is against the unproductive reforms of obj is undoubtedly a hausa man.Believe me or not obj can never win elections in his home town, thats for u to know the extend of hatred for PDP and obj at large!!!
Re: Praise The Lord, Senate Clears President, Indicts Atiku Over Ptdf Scam by viee(f): 8:52pm On May 11, 2007
@topic

nice real life joke.
should have come under joke

rubbish! angry
Re: Praise The Lord, Senate Clears President, Indicts Atiku Over Ptdf Scam by OBJ3(m): 8:55pm On May 11, 2007
viee:

nice real life joke.
should have come under joke
rubbish! angry

na you be rubbish angry
see your name
nonsense angry angry angry angry
Re: Praise The Lord, Senate Clears President, Indicts Atiku Over Ptdf Scam by Nobody: 9:02pm On May 11, 2007
Only in Nigeria do people "praise the Lord" when thieves are brought to justice for having their hands in the cookie jar.
Re: Praise The Lord, Senate Clears President, Indicts Atiku Over Ptdf Scam by Ollie39: 9:04pm On May 11, 2007
Total whitewash!! shocked shocked They are as guilty as each other period!!
Re: Praise The Lord, Senate Clears President, Indicts Atiku Over Ptdf Scam by viee(f): 9:05pm On May 11, 2007
@davidlyan
can u imagine!
anyway i dnt blame them , i blame myself for replying

hiss angry angry angry
Re: Praise The Lord, Senate Clears President, Indicts Atiku Over Ptdf Scam by Mamajama(m): 9:25pm On May 11, 2007
Dude I am not here to judge anyone but we know HAUSA man when they speak. you don't have to be an astronaut to know. If anyone is to be blame for the level of poverty in NIGERIA today, Boy HAS go do your home work, the Hausa's are to be blame for looting our treasury and mismanaging the scares resources. How many past PRESIDENT OR HEAD OF STATES came from this region? do you know who UMARU DIKKO, ALHAJI ALHAJI, or even the SHEHU MUSA YAR ADUA is? the list goes on and on
Re: Praise The Lord, Senate Clears President, Indicts Atiku Over Ptdf Scam by free2ryhme: 8:50am On May 12, 2007
anyone who has information on online forex trading can pls help me out if you have informations that can help me start this business i am a newbie my email is talk2abdul2002@yahoo.com pls any information would be appreciated
Re: Praise The Lord, Senate Clears President, Indicts Atiku Over Ptdf Scam by Backslider(m): 9:54am On May 12, 2007
@MamaJama

Absolutely Wrong ! You must withdraw that statement who put it in your head. Hausas are good people. You must know that in the north there is HAUSA AND FULANI. I am from the Yoruba Classification( so they say I am ) But it is not my language that excludes me or you from stealing government money.

If we look well you see that The thieving came from civilians.

We had an Aide camp he was an hausa guy He was a very Honest man he was a man of impeccable loyalty to my father. Dont Go there brother I know hausa guys and I know Southerners that stole money the fact is that one knows how to hide the other does not.

There so many stereotypes Civilians tend to put out there but for instance I was always told that YORUBAS are Cowards and it is ONLY MOUTH they Have.

Let us look at where that came from.

Awolowo is civilian and has no military training.

Ojukwu Is a Soldier not just that he Trained in soviet Union and he did Jungle training in Ghana.

This 2 planned to divide Nigeria with the Civilian to face the heavily armed soldier in Lagos

Awo was a politicians
Emeka is a Soldier ( a specially trained one like Sergent Roger)

Ojukwu had the chance to look for other "yoruba" Soldier to do the business with not some Civilian. If you are given japanese torture by the Nigerian army you will know that power belongs to God.

The truth is before us in lagos untill recently the Soldier population and Equipment will scare the daylight out you.

THE TRUTH IS THAT WE HAVE HAD VERY FEW HAUSA PRESIDENT AND THE REAL THIEVES ARE THE SOUTHERNERS BECAUSE MAJORITY OF THE NORTHERN GUYS ARE MORELESS CONTENT WITH THEIR LIVES .

HOW MANY NORTHERN GUY DO YOU SEE OUTSIDE NAIJA ?

GIVE A NORTHERNER LUXURY THEY WILL PREFER TO SIT ON THE GROUND ( COULD BE WRONG STEREOTYPING)

so many of our people died for nigeria hausa or not criminality is not in language if not I DARE YOU TO ARREST ALL THE NORTHERNER AND TRY THEM IN A COURT OF LAW.

I say Mamajama Apologise to HAS Or Atiku4life
Re: Praise The Lord, Senate Clears President, Indicts Atiku Over Ptdf Scam by chidichris(m): 12:09pm On May 12, 2007
which lord are we praising here?
that atiku i indicted and obj cleared?
that is madness on the side of senate. anyways, the senate president was to face a treason charges as was alleged by pdp that he was planing to create problem to enable him head nigeria as an interim president so in order to avoid such problems, obj is cleared.
since atiku is that only corrupt nigerian, what has happened since he was pushed out?
andy uba had a case of money laundary involving the use of presidential jet and buying of farm tools from usa to uttah farm yet nothing happened.
after the exit of atiku, it was confirmed by this same senate that obj issued contracts illegally with public funds.
someone is here to praise God that an administration of eight years will be handing over an indicted president come may 29th with all promises to restore light and water supply, good roads, security and other basic armenities all illusions.
we are not surposed to be rejoicing over atiku's indictment because he has never said he didn't rather he has been saying it has been a joint venture any normal person will have a million and one reasons to believe.
they have been in it for since 1999 so how come he is been indicted today.
by the way, when is tony annenih refunding funds given to him by this same administration to put roads in order.
when is the efcc calling bode george to order?
when is adedibu going to be punished?
when is chris uba who confessed before that he rigged election in anambra going to recieve his punishments.
if there is anything to say praise the lord for, it will be his failure to achieve his 3rd term agenda.
if any norml person wants to go be the proceedures, obj will be back to his base(jail) by 1 st of june at worst.
Re: Praise The Lord, Senate Clears President, Indicts Atiku Over Ptdf Scam by saintchux(m): 2:42pm On May 12, 2007
@MamaJama

What is your interest in all these? U talk like a typical PDP board of trustee member.

U attack anyone against ur view.

Mind u that the majority of the senate that voted for Atiku indictment and gave OBJ clean bill of health is just like the Majority that killed constitution amendment bill just because of the third term on it, not minding other amendment that will benefit Nigerians. Now we are suffering because of it.
U are hear jubilating that two thieves were caught and on escaped.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Goodluck Jonathan Visit Barack Obama As President Next Week. / Aba Kidnappers- Are They All Indigenes? / Free Airtel Bonus!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.