Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,066 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:32 AM

What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About (13023 Views)

New Changes For Jehovah's Witness: Women Can Wear Trousers, Men Must Not Wear.. / Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness / Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by TruthinAction: 5:33am On Aug 01, 2019
Jozzy4:

grin again , u err , whatever applies to the city applies to the people, according to that bible verse, the CITIES also suffer the punishment of everlasting fire, everlasting fire =total destruction ?

Please go back to school and read English. You can't consent to a doctrine that has obvious contradictions in the Scripture. You don't select the ones that appears to agree with your opinions and throw the others away that are contrary to your beliefs. There are many more Scriptures that confirms that souls will be tormented day and night. You can't use just a few Scripture to nullify the evidences of others that are even more in numbers. Quote all the Scripture you know that says that the death will go into none existence and I will quote ten times more Scriptures that teaches otherwise. I feel sorry for your approach to Scripture interpretation.
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by TruthinAction: 5:40am On Aug 01, 2019
Jozzy4:

I never asked you this.

You said the beast is a certain human being , and this human went to Lake of fire while still alive, which means this person didn't die the Adamic Death . So my question is: Are you saying the Genesis account that said humans will die as a result of sin is a Lie ? Does this human not also inherit sin ? If this human never dies, do you accept they have everlasting life ? Is everlasting life a gift to wicked people ?

Death doesn't mean a cessation of existence. There are two types of deaths - spiritual death and physical death. Spiritual death doesn't mean you cease to exist but that you are cut off from the life of God. Physical death is being cut off from this physical world. Adam first died spiritually before he died physically but his souls still lives on whether in hell or in heaven.

The beast being thrown into the Lake of fire is a second death. He is cut off from the life of God and suffers eternal punishment.

Even the Bible says that she that lives in pleasure of sin is dead why she lives.

Why did Jesus told the man who wanted to first go and bury his father that he should let the dead bury their death. The people he called the dead were still living. But they are dead because they don't have a relationship with God.
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by TruthinAction: 5:43am On Aug 01, 2019
Jozzy4:

If hell and death been thrown into the same lake of fire indicates that THey will no longer exist! You have already explained the meaning of lake of fire. Only inconsistency can get you saying some will not exist and some will exist, when all was said to be in the same Place. Whatever happens to all is uniform

Pride will destroy you. You read very well that they will be tormented day and night for ever and ever. If this English is difficult to understand, then go back to primary school.
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by Jozzy4: 5:46am On Aug 01, 2019
TruthinAction:

Pride will destroy you. You read very well that they will be tormented day and night for ever and ever. If this English is difficult to understand, then go back to primary school.

At where ? Lake of fire.

Is death and hell not also thrown into this lake of fire , YET YOU CONFESS THEY WILL EXIST NO MORE !
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by Jozzy4: 5:47am On Aug 01, 2019
TruthinAction:

Death doesn't mean a cessation of existence. There are two types of deaths - spiritual death and physical death. Spiritual death doesn't mean you cease to exist but that you are cut off from the life of God. Physical death is being cut off from this physical world. Adam first died spiritually before he died physically but his souls still lives on whether in hell or in heaven.

The beast being thrown into the Lake of fire is a second death. He is cut off from the life of God and suffers eternal punishment.

Even the Bible says that she that lives in pleasure of sin is dead why she lives.

Why did Jesus told the man who wanted to first go and bury his father that he should let the dead bury their death. The people he called the dead were still living. But they are dead because they don't have a relationship with God.

According to Genesis 3:19, Man will experience physical death as a result of sin, Yes or no ?
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by TruthinAction: 5:47am On Aug 01, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
"And you should not be afraid of those killing the body but not being able to kill the soul. Indeed rather you should fear the One being able to destroy both soul and body in Gehenna."
- Matthew 10:28

Except for the soul part being immortal, every other thing you wrote is right.

The soul being destroyed in hell is the torment it will go through for life in hell fire. It does not mean it go into none existence. Otherwise what part of man will be crying day and night if they all go into none existence.

Even the Bible said that the soul of Jesus was not left in hell. His soul did not go into none existence.
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by Jozzy4: 5:50am On Aug 01, 2019
TruthinAction:

Please go back to school and read English. You can't consent to a doctrine that has obvious contradictions in the Scripture. You don't select the ones that appears to agree with your opinions and throw the others away that are contrary to your beliefs. There are many more Scriptures that confirms that souls will be tormented day and night. You can't use just a few Scripture to nullify the evidences of others that are even more in numbers. Quote all the Scripture you know that says that the death will go into none existence and I will quote ten times more Scriptures that teaches otherwise. I feel sorry for your approach to Scripture interpretation.
Are the cities still burning today ?

I asked a question earlier on: if the people of sodom and Gomorrah died and go to hell, Do you accept Jesus did not die for all men ?
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by TruthinAction: 5:50am On Aug 01, 2019
Maximus69:

Are you saying Adam don't understand that he never existed before creation?
Or that he couldn't understand that his death will mean the exact opposite of his life?

Please are you using physics to answer the scriptures?

Because most physicists don't believe the Bible!

Psalms 146:4, Ecclesiastes 3:19-20, 9:5-10

So what survives death SOUL or SPIRIT?

For the child of God, both the spirit and soul is preserved. For the unbelievers, their spirit is already dead even before they died. So they are left with only their souls to suffer torment after death.
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by MuttleyLaff: 7:49am On Aug 01, 2019
TruthinAction:
The soul being destroyed in hell is the torment it will go through for life in hell fire. It does not mean it go into none existence. Otherwise what part of man will be crying day and night if they all go into none existence.

Even the Bible said that the soul of Jesus was not left in hell. His soul did not go into none existence.
Lets cut to to the chase, shall we?

1/ So you personally believe the soul can never be destroyed hmm?
2/ So according to your understanding, you equate destruction of the soul to mean the torment it'll go through in Gehenna's fire, hmm?
3/ To your understanding, you place the soul having some semblance of existence, even after the soul, death and Gehena (i.e hell) are cast into the lake of fire, huh?
4/ Are you able to explain why Jesus used Gehena together, with the word soul, when describing the soul has capable of being utterly destroyed, hmm?
5/ The soul, though is imperceptible to the touch, it doesnt mean it cant cry day and night, the soul will, just as you're able to cry day and night in your dreams, whether a nightmare or sweet dream. Dont you accept or agree to this, huh?

TruthinAction:
"For You will not abandon my soul to Sheol; Nor will You allow Your Holy One to undergo decay."
- Psalm 16:10

The soul of Jesus, not left in hell is king David's Psalm 16:10 prophecy being fulfilled. Everything written about Jesus, in the Law of Moses, the Prophets, and the Psalms were each and everyone fulfilled, and this one who raised, is one of them.
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by Nobody: 9:36am On Aug 01, 2019
TruthinAction:

For the child of God, both the spirit and soul is preserved. For the unbelievers, their spirit is already dead even before they died. So they are left with only their souls to suffer torment after death.

So which one survived after Adam died, Soul or Spirit ?
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by TruthinAction: 9:47am On Aug 01, 2019
Maximus69:

So which one survived after Adam died, Soul or Spirit ?

Adam died spiritually when he sinned against God. So his spirit was dead. The soul passed on to eternity in accordance with God's reserved judgment.
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by TruthinAction: 10:21am On Aug 01, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
Lets cut to to the chase, shall we?

1/ So you personally believe the soul can never be destroyed hmm?
2/ So according to your understanding, you equate destruction of the soul to mean the torment it'll go through in Gehenna's fire, hmm?
3/ To your understanding, you place the soul having some semblance of existence, even after the soul, death and Gehena (i.e hell) are cast into the lake of fire, huh?
4/ Are you able to explain why Jesus used Gehenea together, with the word soul, when describing the soul has capable of being utterly destroyed, hmm?
5/ The soul, though is imperceptible to the touch, it doesnt mean it cant cry day and night, the soul will, just as you're able to cry day and night in your dreams, whether a nightmare or sweet dream. Dont you accept or agree to this, huh?

"For You will not abandon my soul to Sheol; Nor will You allow Your Holy One to undergo decay."
- Psalm 16:10

The soul of Jesus, not left in hell is king David's Psalm 16:10 prophecy being fulfilled. Everything written about Jesus, in the Law of Moses, the Prophets, and the Psalms were each and everyone fulfilled, and this one who raised, is one of them.

The best way to answer your question is to ask you which part of man will do the weeping and gnashing of teeth? First, the lost souls have a dead spirit. Now their body is also destroyed. So if the soul goes into none existence, which part of man does the weeping and gnashing of teeth.

If the soul goes into none existence, why was the beast and the false prophet thrown into the Lake of fire were still acknowledged to be there after 1,000 years they were thrown in. And the verse even says they will be tormented night and day forever and ever.

The English used in the Scripture is not ambiguous. Or interpret what for ever and ever means. And tell me why the souls of the false prophet and the beast survived over 1,000 years. I will quote the Scriptures again for benefit of doubt.

Matthew 8:12 But the children of the kingdom shall be cast out into outer darkness: there shall be WEEPING and GNASHING of TEETH.

How can a soul that goes into none existence weep and gnash his teeth?

Matthew 25:41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

The everlasting fire here refers to the Lake of fire. And the verse says its everlasting. Do you need an everlasting fire to torment a soul that doesn't exist? Please be honest with your answer.

Matthew 13:49-50.
49 So shall it be at the end of the world: the angels shall come forth, and sever the wicked from among the just,

50 And shall cast them into the FURNACE OF FIRE: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Another synonyms for Lake of fire furnace of fire. And Jesus repeated here that the wicked cast in will weep and gnash their teeth. How will they do that if they go into none existence?

Revelation 19:20 And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.

After this incident Satan was bound for 1,000 years and Jesus ruled for that same number of years.. After the 1,000 years expired, he was loosed for a season and gathered great multitude to fight against God's people. Fire came down from God and destroyed all the armies and Satan was cast into the same Lake of fire. And the Scripture acknowledged that the beast and the false prophet are still there.

Revelation 20:10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, WHERE THE BEAST AND THE FALSE PROPHET ARE, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

The Scripture affirms the beast and the false prophet were still there when Satan was cast in.

I hope I have answered your question unless you want to deliberately deny the multiple evidences of the scriptures.
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by Nobody: 10:39am On Aug 01, 2019
TruthinAction:

Adam died spiritually when he sinned against God. So his spirit was dead. The soul passed on to eternity in accordance with God's reserved judgment.

But God told Adam
"You{Adam} will die, and return to dust, for out of it 'Adam' was taken. Dust is what 'Adam' is and to dust 'Adam' will return" Genesis 3:19

That doesn't sound any close to all these your interpretations in anyway Sir! undecided

Adam died both physically and spiritually that same day! Because according to God's word, his own one day equals to 1,000 years before humans{2Peter 3:8} That's why NO human ever lived up to 1,000 years{One day in God's sight}
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by TruthinAction: 11:00am On Aug 01, 2019
Jozzy4:

Are the cities still burning today ?

I asked a question earlier on: if the people of sodom and Gomorrah died and go to hell, Do you accept Jesus did not die for all men ?

How could the cities still be burning. You asked a foolish question. The bodies of the people also got burnt off but their souls are suffering in hell. That Jesus died for all men doesn't mean all men are free. Only those who accept him as his Lord and personal Saviour and live a godly life will be saved.

Those who lived before Jesus came have a different criteria for judgment.

Only those who lived after Jesus came will be judged by their rejection of Christ.
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by TruthinAction: 11:02am On Aug 01, 2019
Jozzy4:

According to Genesis 3:19, Man will experience physical death as a result of sin, Yes or no ?

I give up on you. When you get there you will curse the day your mother gave birth to you. Keep debating on matters that are very clear in the Scripture.
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by TruthinAction: 11:04am On Aug 01, 2019
Jozzy4:

At where ? Lake of fire.

Is death and hell not also thrown into this lake of fire , YET YOU CONFESS THEY WILL EXIST NO MORE !

No need to reply you again for your mind is made up on what to believe in spite of evidences against it. I just urge you to repent before it is too late. Hell is very hot and unbearable. Lake of fire is worse.
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by MuttleyLaff: 11:17am On Aug 01, 2019
TruthinAction:
The best way to answer your question is to ask you which part of man will do the weeping and gnashing of teeth? First, the lost souls have a dead spirit. Now their body is also destroyed. So if the soul goes into none existence, which part of man does the weeping and gnashing of teeth.

If the soul goes into none existence, why was the beast and the false prophet thrown into the Lake of fire were still acknowledged to be there after 1,000 years they were thrown in. And the verse even says they will be tormented night and day forever and ever.

The English used in the Scripture is not ambiguous. Or interpret what for ever and ever means. And tell me why the souls of the false prophet and the beast survived over 1,000 years. I will quote the Scriptures again for benefit of doubt.

Matthew 8:12 But the children of the kingdom shall be cast out into outer darkness: there shall be WEEPING and GNASHING of TEETH.

Matthew 25:41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

The everlasting fire here refers to the Lake of fire. And the verse says its everlasting. Do you need an everlasting fire to torment a soul that doesn't exist? Please be honest with your answer.

49 So shall it be at the end of the world: the angels shall come forth, and sever the wicked from among the just,

50 And shall cast them into the FURNACE OF FIRE: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Another synonyms for Lake of fire furnace of fire. And Jesus repeated here that the wicked cast in will weep and gnash their teeth. How will they do that if they go into none existence?

Revelation 19:20 And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.

After this incident Satan was bound for 1,000 years and Jesus ruled for that same number of years.. After the 1,000 years expired, he was loosed for a season and gathered great multitude to fight against God's people. Fire came down from God and destroyed all the armies and Satan was cast into the same Lake of fire. And the Scripture acknowledged that the beast and the false prophet are still there.

Revelation 20:10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, WHERE THE BEAST AND THE FALSE PROPHET ARE, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

The Scripture affirms the beast and the false prophet were still there when Satan was cast in.

I hope I have answered your question unless you want to deliberately deny the multiple evidences of the scriptures.
Chief, whoa, whoa, whoa, let's slow down a bit please and get things in there proper perspective. I don't mind if you don't want to directly answer my very simple easy direct and straightforward questions. That is fine, but let me find out this way, if you dont want to tell why Jesus used Gehena together, with the word soul, when describing the soul has capable of being utterly destroyed, hmm?
1/ What to your understanding is Gehena?
2/ What always was the state of Gehena?

Here is another set of questions
1/ Do you physically smile or cry in dreams, like in nightmares or sweet dreams, hmm?
2/ Why are you "pre-lake of fire" talking of a soul that goes into none existence, hmm?
3/ What happens to the existence of death after it gets cast into the lake of fire please?
4/ What is your understanding of the phrase "tormented day and night for ever and ever"?
5/ Who and what at the moment is in the lake of fire?
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by Jozzy4: 11:24am On Aug 01, 2019
TruthinAction:

How could the cities still be burning. You asked a foolish question. The bodies of the people also got burnt off but their souls are suffering in hell. That Jesus died for all men doesn't mean all men are free. Only those who accept him as his Lord and personal Saviour and live a godly life will be saved.

Those who lived before Jesus came have a different criteria for judgment.

Only those who lived after Jesus came will be judged by their rejection of Christ.

The earlier you understand this the better, You are an enemy of Christ - To say some people were condemned to everlasting hellfire BEFORE THIER SAVIOR DIED FOR THEIR INHERITED SIN , is to useless the coming of Jesus .
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by Jozzy4: 11:28am On Aug 01, 2019
TruthinAction:

No need to reply you again for your mind is made up on what to believe in spite of evidences against it. I just urge you to repent before it is too late. Hell is very hot and unbearable. Lake of fire is worse.

Lake of fire means non existence as evidenced by hell been thrown into it to never exist again.

If that's the only thing you gain from this discussion, you would do yourself much good
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by Jozzy4: 11:32am On Aug 01, 2019
TruthinAction:

According to the Bible, a spirit dese not have flesh and Bones , How then can spiritual soul have TEETH ( BONES ) ??

This beast is an human being according to you, All humans inherit Sin and will Die , But how come this particular beast never experience death ? Is God lying at Genesis 3:19 ?
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by Jozzy4: 11:38am On Aug 01, 2019
TruthinAction:

I give up on you. When you get there you will curse the day your mother gave birth to you. Keep debating on matters that are very clear in the Scripture.

You mean , u give up on scripture right ?
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by Nobody: 11:57am On Aug 01, 2019
TruthinAction:

My friend, divine wisdom in Christianity not based on emotional feelings of credulity!

Jesus asked his followers to go out there and preach the gospel of God's Kingdom, NOT threatening people with fairy stories of torture!

Lake of fire simply means total destruction, millions across the globe formerly hold onto this credulous idea of torturing people who disagrees with the Churches in a place called Lake of Fire. But today they're happily preaching and teaching people the undiluted truth about God's Kingdom!
So if you can't convince your listeners with something tangible then your theory is false that's just the simple truth! Matthew 7:28-29

1 Like

Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by TruthinAction: 8:26pm On Aug 01, 2019
Maximus69:

My friend, divine wisdom in Christianity not based on emotional feelings of credulity!

Jesus asked his followers to go out there and preach the gospel of God's Kingdom, NOT threatening people with fairy stories of torture!

Lake of fire simply means total destruction, millions across the globe formerly hold onto this credulous idea of torturing people who disagrees with the Churches in a place called Lake of Fire. But today they're happily preaching and teaching people the undiluted truth about God's Kingdom!
So if you can't convince your listeners with something tangible then your theory is false that's just the simple truth! Matthew 7:28-29

I can only pray to God on your behalf to see and embrace the light. Spiritual things can only be understood by those who are genuinely born again and filled with the Holy Spirit. So give your life to Jesus first and receive the baptism of the Holy Spirit. Otherwise all I will teach will not appeal to your reasonings cause that is the realm you operate. God's word is received in your spirit and not your head. So, you don't have the capacity to receive God's word yet.
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by TruthinAction: 8:32pm On Aug 01, 2019
Jozzy4:

According to the Bible, a spirit dese not have flesh and Bones , How then can spiritual soul have TEETH ( BONES ) ??

This beast is an human being according to you, All humans inherit Sin and will Die , But how come this particular beast never experience death ? Is God lying at Genesis 3:19 ?

The physical body will burn off first and the soul will be in torment. So in a sense, he still died because the soul can only be released when the physical body dies or is destroyed.

Every part of the physical body is also considered in the soul. Are angels not spirit but they eat. Where did their teeth come from?

We also have disembodied spirit. This is what Jesus referred to as a spirit does not have flesh and bones.
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by TruthinAction: 8:41pm On Aug 01, 2019
Jozzy4:

Lake of fire means non existence as evidenced by hell been thrown into it to never exist again.

If that's the only thing you gain from this discussion, you would do yourself much good

When you get there, you will believe. You are an anti Christ. Just opposing all that the Scripture says. You want to make it say what it did not say. You never answered my questions? How come the false prophet and the beast were still there after 1,000 years? You deny the evidence of the Scripture to establish your own doctrine. Your punishment will be worse than that of the devil himself.
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by TruthinAction: 8:44pm On Aug 01, 2019
Jozzy4:

The earlier you understand this the better, You are an enemy of Christ - To say some people were condemned to everlasting hellfire BEFORE THIER SAVIOR DIED FOR THEIR INHERITED SIN , is to useless the coming of Jesus .

I didn't say so. The people who lived before Jesus came will b judged by either the law of their conscience or by the law of Moses for the Jews that were under the Law.

After all Noah got saved in his generation even before Jesus came.
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by TruthinAction: 8:50pm On Aug 01, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
Chief, whoa, whoa, whoa, let's slow down a bit please and get things in there proper perspective. I don't mind if you don't want to directly answer my very simple easy direct and straightforward questions. That is fine, but let me find out this way, if you dont want to tell why Jesus used Gehena together, with the word soul, when describing the soul has capable of being utterly destroyed, hmm?
1/ What to your understanding is Gehena?
2/ What always was the state of Gehena?

Here is another set of questions
1/ Do you physically smile or cry in dreams, like in nightmares or sweet dreams, hmm?
2/ Why are you "pre-lake of fire" talking of a soul that goes into none existence, hmm?
3/ What happens to the existence of death after it gets cast into the lake of fire please?
4/ What is your understanding of the phrase "tormented day and night for ever and ever"?
5/ Who and what at the moment is in the lake of fire?

You avoid my questions to ask yours. Gehena was not the only illustration Jesus used to describe eternal judgment.

He used everlasting fire, he used outer darkness, he used furnace of fire. Gehena is translated hell fire. It was a place the Jews used to burdn refuse and even thier children. The fire there before the time of Jesus burned continually. But Jesus wasn't referring to the physical place which later became a refuse dump even in the time of Jesus. So Jesus could not been saying that people will be thrown into a refuse dump whose fire no longer exists. He just used it as an illustration since the Jews were familiar with the story of Gehena.
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by TruthinAction: 8:56pm On Aug 01, 2019
Maximus69:

But God told Adam
"You{Adam} will die, and return to dust, for out of it 'Adam' was taken. Dust is what 'Adam' is and to dust 'Adam' will return" Genesis 3:19

That doesn't sound any close to all these your interpretations in anyway Sir! undecided

Adam died both physically and spiritually that same day! Because according to God's word, his own one day equals to 1,000 years before humans{2Peter 3:8} That's why NO human ever lived up to 1,000 years{One day in God's sight}

You a dullard. What grade did you make in school. What you there is a figure of speech known as simile. It said, a thousand years IS LIKE a day. It never said, a thousand years IS equivalent to a day When you say she is fat like a cow does not make her a cow.
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by Nobody: 9:44pm On Aug 01, 2019
TruthinAction:

You a dullard. What grade did you make in school. What you there is a figure of speech known as simile. It said, a thousand years IS LIKE a day. It never said, a thousand years IS equivalent to a day When you say she is fat like a cow does not make her a cow.

My grades back in school was so poor that i ended up serving as a military intelligence officer for several years in far away countries from home!

But regarding the 1,000 years Sir, please can you enlighten me why there was NO human who ever lived up to 1,000 years?

Because that's exactly what God told Adam{Genesis 2:17} and i noticed through the course of my study of the scriptures that NO human ever lived up to 1,000 years{a day in God's sight}! 2Peter 3:8 undecided
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by TruthinAction: 12:06pm On Aug 02, 2019
Maximus69:

My grades back in school was so poor that i ended up serving as a military intelligence officer for several years in far away countries from home!

But regarding the 1,000 years Sir, please can you enlighten me why there was NO human who ever lived up to 1,000 years?

Because that's exactly what God told Adam{Genesis 2:17} and i noticed through the course of my study of the scriptures that NO human ever lived up to 1,000 years{a day in God's sight}! 2Peter 3:8 undecided

That nobody ever lived up to a thousand years does not mean that 1,000 years is equivalent to a day.

Let's see the scripture quotation where it was stated.

2 Peter 3:8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that ONE DAY IS WITH THE LORD AS A THOUSAND YEARS, and A THOUSAND YEARS AS ONE DAY.

Notice it was even said both ways. If your assertion is true, then we can also say one day on earth is equivalent to 1,000 years with the Lord. Because it was stated both ways.

It is just telling you that the realm of the spirit is timeless.

When he told Adam that the day he eats that fruit he will die. Adam actually died that day. It was a spiritual death. Spiritual death is separation from the very life of God and fellowship with God. It also the spiritual death that resulted in the physical dead.
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by Nobody: 12:51pm On Aug 02, 2019
TruthinAction:

That nobody ever lived up to a thousand years does not mean that 1,000 years is equivalent to a day.

Let's see the scripture quotation where it was stated.

2 Peter 3:8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that ONE DAY IS WITH THE LORD AS A THOUSAND YEARS, and A THOUSAND YEARS AS ONE DAY.

What God said is clear my honourable learned professor TruthinAction Sir!

The VERY DAY Adam eat of the fruit, he will surely die

But Adam and his wife each live well over 900 years on earth, so that's really confusing because they've exceeded much more than 100,000 days talkless of one!

It's when i read what Peter wrote that i now understood why neither Adam nor any of his descendants lived up to 1,000 years which according to Apostle Peter is equal to one day in God's sight!

So it's this your own interpretation now that will change everything as if God lied to Adam, THE VERY DAY they eat the forbidden fruit,

God said {They will surely die} Genesis 2:17

Satan said {The will NOT surely die} Genesis 3:4

But going by your own interpretation, you're vindicating Satan as being the one that's truthful! Because they did NOT surely die that very day!
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by TruthinAction: 2:29am On Aug 03, 2019
Maximus69:

What God said is clear my honourable learned professor TruthinAction Sir!

The VERY DAY Adam eat of the fruit, he will surely die

But Adam and his wife each live well over 900 years on earth, so that's really confusing because they've exceeded much more than 100,000 days talkless of one!

It's when i read what Peter wrote that i now understood why neither Adam nor any of his descendants lived up to 1,000 years which according to Apostle Peter is equal to one day in God's sight!

So it's this your own interpretation now that will change everything as if God lied to Adam, THE VERY DAY they eat the forbidden fruit,

God said {They will surely die} Genesis 2:17

Satan said {The will NOT surely die} Genesis 3:4

But going by your own interpretation, you're vindicating Satan as being the one that's truthful! Because they did NOT surely die that very day!

I don't blame you. You don't have the capacity to understand spiritual things. I told you they died spiritually. Just give your life to Jesus Christ first and the Lord will open your understanding.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Who Built The Kaaba? / Woman, Your Husband Is Your God. / Is It Wrong To Preach In A Public Transport?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 143
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.