Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,003 members, 7,817,966 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:20 AM

What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About (13008 Views)

New Changes For Jehovah's Witness: Women Can Wear Trousers, Men Must Not Wear.. / Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness / Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by Nobody: 6:56am On Aug 03, 2019
TruthinAction:

I don't blame you. You don't have the capacity to understand spiritual things. I told you they died spiritually. Just GIVE your life to Jesus Christ first and the Lord will open your understanding.

My honourable learned professor of wisdom and understanding TruthinAction, all protocols duly observed Sir

If you're not a totally confused dullard Sir,
Is it BEFORE understanding what someone is saying that you ACCEPT it or AFTER you fully grasp what's is said? cheesy

How will someone GIVE{SURRENDER} his/her life for what he/she never understood? cheesy

My friend, HUMBLE yourself before those that will teach you how to reach the heart of your listener by the use of spiritual sword {God's word}! Hebrews 4:12

Few presentations of truth will catch the attention of your listener{Luke 5:10} NOT intimidating people with threats of your everlasting torment in Hellfire or your complicated version of what is clearly written in the Bible in black and white!

No wonder you think Jehovah's Witnesses are cultists using charm to catch sincere honesthearted people! cheesy

Well for your information Sir, no be juju, jass or abracadabra, it's the indisputable truth that's powerful enough to penetrate hearts like stone! wink

So come and learn from us how we're making REAL disciples from the preaching and teaching of the gospel of God's Kingdom, dedicated and straightforward individuals will be touched by your sincere message! smiley

Outside our camp are goatlike individuals who will never REALLY dedicate themselves to what you're saying, when they see favour they'll stay and when they're not seeing favour they'll desert you. That's why there's NO other religious group having real dedicated members like Jehovah's Witnesses, Jesus said "those not with the truth will SCATTER"{Matthew 12:30} therefore all none JWs are not in the Faith but Credulity Sir! wink

God bless you! smiley
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by Jozzy4: 9:25am On Aug 03, 2019
TruthinAction:

I didn't say so. The people who lived before Jesus came will b judged by either the law of their conscience or by the law of Moses for the Jews that were under the Law.

Then that means Jesus IS NOT the second Adam . agree ? Since he can't save many offspring of Adam from their inherited sin.

After all Noah got saved in his generation even before Jesus came.

Noah make heaven without Jesus ? in short, your assumption means if Noah can do it, its useless for Jesus to come since OTHER HUMANS can Do it as well

Noah entered Gods presence with the inherited sin of Adam ?

Jesus is not even the way! Right ?
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by Jozzy4: 9:26am On Aug 03, 2019
TruthinAction:

When you get there, you will believe. You are an anti Christ. Just opposing all that the Scripture says. You want to make it say what it did not say. You never answered my questions? How come the false prophet and the beast were still there after 1,000 years? You deny the evidence of the Scripture to establish your own doctrine. Your punishment will be worse than that of the devil himself.

Are still where , you mean the same lake of fire that hell and death are ... Non existence ?
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by Jozzy4: 9:33am On Aug 03, 2019
TruthinAction:

The physical body will burn off first and the soul will be in torment. So in a sense, he still died because the soul can only be released when the physical body dies or is destroyed.
According to Jesus BOTH SOUL and BODY are destroyed ! Matthew 10:28

Are u saying Soul will burn off like body too leading to non existence ?

Don't forget the same criteria for body apply to soul

Every part of the physical body is also considered in the soul. Are angels not spirit but they eat. Where did their teeth come from?

Angels don't eat. Does God eat ?

They are Spirit like God. John 4:24

We also have disembodied spirit. This is what Jesus referred to as a spirit does not have flesh and bones.

Teeth is a bone, if your theory is right ... Spirit will not gnash teeth !

1 Like

Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by TruthinAction: 11:10pm On Aug 03, 2019
Jozzy4:

According to Jesus BOTH SOUL and BODY are destroyed ! Matthew 10:28

Are u saying Soul will burn off like body too leading to non existence ?

Don't forget the same criteria for body apply to soul

Angels don't eat. Does God eat ?

They are Spirit like God. John 4:24

Teeth is a bone, if your theory is right ... Spirit will not gnash teeth !

If I keep on explaining, you will ask more questions because you are not ready to hear anything different from what you have been taught. Besides as humans, we do not know everything but we take that which have been revealed to us even if it does not appeal to the senses. There are several Scriptures that points to eternal torment of lost souls. So you can not use just one scripture to nullify the others which are more in numbers. So if you don't want to believe the evidences of the scriptures pointing to eternal torment of souls, I really can't help you understand better. Please, I give up on you. After even when Jesus was on earth, not every one believed him. Even his own people rejected him. Only the humble will see the truth as revealed and accept it. The proud man always wants to insist he is right even when there are evidences against his school of taught. Even if I quote up to ten, even twenty Scriptures affirming the eternal punishment of lost souls, you will still not believe. Rather, you will want to use just a few other Scriptures to reject the truth. I am so sorry I will not entertain any further questions or engage in any form of discussion with you. You have only one life to live, read the Bible with open mind and you will find the truth that will make you free.
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by TruthinAction: 11:11pm On Aug 03, 2019
Jozzy4:

Are still where , you mean the same lake of fire that hell and death are ... Non existence ?

Please visit a psychiatrist. Because it is written in the Scripture which you know. If you reject the evidence of the Scripture, then you are hopeless.

1 Like

Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by Jozzy4: 12:25am On Aug 04, 2019
TruthinAction:

If I keep on explaining, you will ask more questions because you are not ready to hear anything different from what you have been taught. Besides as humans, we do not know everything but we take that which have been revealed to us even if it does not appeal to the senses. There are several Scriptures that points to eternal torment of lost souls. So you can not use just one scripture to nullify the others which are more in numbers. So if you don't want to believe the evidences of the scriptures pointing to eternal torment of souls, I really can't help you understand better. Please, I give up on you. After even when Jesus was on earth, not every one believed him. Even his own people rejected him. Only the humble will see the truth as revealed and accept it. The proud man always wants to insist he is right even when there are evidences against his school of taught. Even if I quote up to ten, even twenty Scriptures affirming the eternal punishment of lost souls, you will still not believe. Rather, you will want to use just a few other Scriptures to reject the truth. I am so sorry I will not entertain any further questions or engage in any form of discussion with you. You have only one life to live, read the Bible with open mind and you will find the truth that will make you free.

Explain what you quote! That's the mark of a truth teacher.

How can a spiritual soul have TEETH to gnash ? Teeth is a bone, do spirit have bone ?
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by Jozzy4: 12:28am On Aug 04, 2019
TruthinAction:

Please visit a psychiatrist. Because it is written in the Scripture which you know. If you reject the evidence of the Scripture, then you are hopeless.

If saying lake of fire means total destruction or non existence they will be More equate visiting a psychiatrist, You will need to visit a psychiatrist as well for actually admitting hell and death been thrown into lake of fire does mean non existence .

1 Like

Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by TruthinAction: 8:31am On Aug 04, 2019
Jozzy4:

If saying lake of fire means total destruction or non existence they will be More equate visiting a psychiatrist, You will need to visit a psychiatrist as well for actually admitting hell and death been thrown into lake of fire does mean non existence .

Liar. I never said so. There is difference between hell and Lake of fire. The former will be utterly destroyed in the latter. That's what I said.
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by TruthinAction: 8:34am On Aug 04, 2019
Jozzy4:

Explain what you quote! That's the mark of a truth teacher.

How can a spiritual soul have TEETH to gnash ? Teeth is a bone, do spirit have bone ?

Ask Jesus if you make heaven. Or ask Satan when you go to hell. When you dream, don't you eat. Is it with your physical body that you dream? Life is a mystery. Everything that happens in the physical also happens in the spiritual world which is even more real. Brother, better believe God's word that asking too many questions. We can't know everything on earth.
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by Uteghe(m): 8:52am On Aug 04, 2019
The right name is the Russelite; so named after their leader CT Russel. JW,as they blasphemously label themselves,are wilful or ignorant members of a cult.
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by Jozzy4: 5:47pm On Aug 05, 2019
TruthinAction:

Liar. I never said so. There is difference between hell and Lake of fire. The former will be utterly destroyed in the latter. That's what I said.

By Utterly destoyed , you mean non existence ?

^^
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by TruthinAction: 6:25pm On Aug 05, 2019
Jozzy4:

By Utterly destoyed , you mean non existence ?

^^

Please go back to school. You don't know the deference between former and latter.
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by Jozzy4: 6:39pm On Aug 05, 2019
TruthinAction:

Liar. I never said so
. There is difference between hell and Lake of fire. The former will be utterly destroyed in the latter. That's what I said.

Despite you once admit death and hell been thrown into lake of fire means non existence, you re here claiming its a Lie u never said so.

Truthinaction
Hell and death will be destroyed. They are the spiritual prisons that held the lost souls. They will be utterly destroyed. They will no longer exist

I think your name should be changed to Lie in action .

1 Like

Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by Janosky: 6:48pm On Aug 05, 2019
Jozzy4:

Despite you once admit death and hell been thrown into lake of fire means non existence, you re here claiming its a Lie u never said so.

Gbam !!
Liesinaction AKA "Truthinaction" Pharisee.
He has a short memory.
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by Janosky: 6:51pm On Aug 05, 2019
Uteghe:
The right name is the Russelite; so named after their leader CT Russel. JW,as they blasphemously label themselves,are wilful or ignorant members of a cult.

Uteghe lying Pharisee.
Pass the loot pastorpreneur sheepie spotted.
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by TruthinAction: 7:02pm On Aug 05, 2019
Janosky:

Gbam !!
Liesinaction AKA "Truthinaction" Pharisee.
He has a short memory.

My memory is not short. I did not deny it but you misquote me. That hell and death will be destroyed in the Lake of fire doesn't mean that the Lake of fire ceases to exist. It is hell and death that ceases to exist.
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by TruthinAction: 7:04pm On Aug 05, 2019
Jozzy4:

It is hell and death that will be utterly destroyed by the Lake of fire which continues to exist. Please go back to basic school and study English Language again.
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by Jozzy4: 7:52pm On Aug 05, 2019
TruthinAction:

It is hell and death that will be utterly destroyed by the Lake of fire which continues to exist. Please go back to basic school and study English Language again.

At least it destroys those in it to non existence as u admit.

If that's all you gain. Enjoy
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by Uteghe(m): 7:54pm On Aug 05, 2019
Janosky:

Uteghe lying Pharisee.
Pass the loot pastorpreneur sheepie spotted.
Russelite spotted. Worshiper of CT Russell,a self confessed occultist. Have a great day.
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by Janosky: 8:33pm On Aug 05, 2019
Uteghe:

Russelite spotted. Worshiper of CT Russell,a self confessed occultist. Have a great day.

As usual, LYING PHARISEE uteghe.. congratulobia.

www.freemasonry.bcy.ca/biography/russell_c/russell_c.html
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by Uteghe(m): 9:08pm On Aug 05, 2019
Janosky:

As usual, LYING PHARISEE uteghe.. congratulobia.

www.freemasonry.bcy.ca/biography/russell_c/russell_c.html
Worshipper of a cultist and cultist tower watcher,I hail oo.
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by TruthinAction: 10:24pm On Aug 05, 2019
Jozzy4:

At least it destroys those in it to non existence as u admit.

If that's all you gain. Enjoy

You are of the devil, your father. Is it what the Scripture below says?

Revelation 20:10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be TORMENTED DAY AND NIGHT FOR EVER AND EVER.

Your punishment will be worse than that of the devil for twisting God's word to suit your interpretation. Russell is waiting to receive you all in the Lake of fire for the demonic doctrines he established. He was spotted in hell recently suffering beyond measure.
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by MuttleyLaff: 8:14am On Aug 18, 2019
TruthinAction:
You avoid my questions to ask yours.
I havent avoided your question to ask mine. I counter asked my question because first, you didnt answer a single one of my five very simple easy direct and straightforward questions and second, I asked my questions for you to see, that your question is a non-question and the answers to my five questions, if at all you answered them, will have made it so clear to you that your questions shouldn't have been asked in the first place.

TruthinAction, no part of man will do the weeping and gnashing of teeth in Gehena, the same way, no part of man physically does weeping and gnashing of teeth when dreaming or when having nightmares

TruthinAction:
Gehena was not the only illustration Jesus used to describe eternal judgment.
Please tell, what happens to Gehena "post-lake of fire", then TruthinAction, hmm?

TruthinAction:
He used everlasting fire, he used outer darkness, he used furnace of fire. Gehena is translated hell fire. It was a place the Jews used to burdn refuse and even thier children. The fire there before the time of Jesus burned continually. But Jesus wasn't referring to the physical place which later became a refuse dump even in the time of Jesus. So Jesus could not been saying that people will be thrown into a refuse dump whose fire no longer exists. He just used it as an illustration since the Jews were familiar with the story of Gehena.
So you perfectly know and understand all these, yet you still are conflating Gehena with the "lake of fire", hmm?

Jesus used Gehenna as an illustration of hell, knowing fully well that just as Gehena is a place where corpses of criminals, dead animals and all manners of refuse were thrown to be destroyed, so too will Gehena (i.e. Hell), death and questionable souls, be thrown into the lake of fire, to be ultimately destroyed

OK TruthinAction, to rewind a bit and reload, contrary to popular belief/opinion, there is not an interim place, called Hell or Hades where people, go to and languish in fiery torment, pending the white throne judgement. That is part of Greek mythology

Grave/tomb/sepulchre sites, in fact, are merely places of deposit for a corpse, just as what the Gehena Valley, in outskirt Israel served to be. So, sheol, in an oversimplified or elementary manner, can be grave or has been referred as grave and Sheol, as a matter of fact, is the realm of the dead or departed souls

We have verses in Old Testament (e.g. Psalm 9:17 etcetera) suggesting that the wicked go to Sheol but it was Jesus in the New Testament, that brought things into perspective for us, when He shared the hyperbolic illustration of Sheol with the story of the Rich Man being elsewhere and Abraham with the Poor Man being on a different side. As per the the hyperbolic illustration of Sheol, just remember that because you're telling a joke, it doesnt necessarily mean, the joke lacks some element of truth and reality in it.

Well, until Jesus' parable in the New Testament, Luke 16:19-31 to be precise, Sheol in general, without necessarily distinguishing between righteous or unrighteous souls, has been the realm of the dead or abode of the dead, but from Jesus' parable, we got to know, that, Sheol, actually has two sections, and its with a dividing gulf (i.e. a demarcation, if you'll like to call it that way) The two sections were, the Rich man section and Abraham's bosom section.

Now TruthinAction, the etymology of afterlife, from a Jewish point of view and concept (i.e. Sheol, with 2 sections) has changed over time and Sheol, ever since, has being interchangeably replaced with Gehenna and Hell or Hades
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by TruthinAction: 8:32am On Aug 18, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
I havent avoided your question to ask mine. I counter asked my question because first, you didnt answer a single one of my five very simple easy direct and straightforward questions and second, I asked my questions for you to see, that your question is a non-question and the answers to my five questions, if at all you answered them, will have made it so clear to you that your questions shouldn't have been asked in the first place.

TruthinAction, no part of man will do the weeping and gnashing of teeth in Gehena, the same way, no part of man physically does weeping and gnashing of teeth when dreaming or when having nightmares

Please tell, what happens to Gehena "post-lake of fire", then TruthinAction, hmm?

So you perfectly know and understand all these, yet you still are conflating Gehena with the "lake of fire", hmm?

Jesus used Gehenna as an illustration of hell, knowing fully well that just as Gehena is a place where corpses of criminals, dead animals and all manners of refuse were thrown to be destroyed, so too will Gehena (i.e. Hell), death and questionable souls, be thrown into the lake of fire, to be ultimately destroyed

OK TruthinAction, to rewind a bit and reload, contrary to popular belief/opinion, there is not an interim place, called Hell or Hades where people, go to and languish in fiery torment, pending the white throne judgement. That is part of Greek mythology

Grave/tomb/sepulchre sites, in fact, are merely places of deposit for a corpse, just as what the Gehena Valley, in outskirt Israel served to be. So, sheol, in an oversimplified or elementary manner, can be grave or has been referred as grave and Sheol, as a matter of fact, is the realm of the dead or departed souls

We have verses in Old Testament (e.g. Psalm 9:17 etcetera) suggesting that the wicked go to Sheol but it was Jesus in the New Testament, that brought things into perspective for us, when He shared the hyperbolic illustration of Sheol with the story of the Rich Man being elsewhere and Abraham with the Poor Man being on a different side. As per the the hyperbolic illustration of Sheol, just remember that because you're telling a joke, it doesnt necessarily mean, the joke lacks some element of truth and reality in it.

Well, until Jesus' parable in the New Testament, Luke 16:19-31 to be precise, Sheol in general, without necessarily distinguishing between righteous or unrighteous souls, has been the realm of the dead or abode of the dead, but from Jesus' parable, we got to know, that, Sheol, actually has two sections, and its with a dividing gulf (i.e. a demarcation, if you'll like to call it that way) The two sections were, the Rich man section and Abraham's bosom section.

Now TruthinAction, the etymology of afterlife, from a Jewish point of view and concept (i.e. Sheol, with 2 sections) has changed over time and Sheol, ever since, has being interchangeably replaced with Gehenna and Hell or Hades

There is really nothing I can tell you that you will agree with me as you have already made up your mind on what to believe.

I am even shocked you mention the story of the rich man and Lazarus. It is not a parable but a true life story that Jesus knew supernaturally. In parables, you don't mention actual name or character. Illustrations are made in generic terms.

But the story mentions two specific names - Lazarus and Abraham. It also mentioned Moses which stands for the law.

You saw the way the rich man is tormented in hell. This is how every lost souls will be tormented in hell

Then on the final judgment day, all lost souls will be thrown into the Lake of fire which is worse than hell. Hell itself will be thrown into the Lake of fire. And they will be tormented day and night for ever and ever. Our Lord Jesus said, there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

If you don't believe all these that are clearly written in the Scripture, then I can't help you further but will just be praying that you will repent before you die and go there. Put away pride and accept God's word. It is true and eternal and nothing can change it

The false teachings of JW has turned the heart of people away from the simplicity that is in the gospel. I feel so sorry for all that have been beguiled by their doctrines. They will all their parts in the Lake of fire.
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by MuttleyLaff: 11:25am On Aug 18, 2019
TruthinAction:
There is really nothing I can tell you that you will agree with me as you have already made up your mind on what to believe.
Nwanne, you cant give, what you dont have. You cant tell anyone, what you dont know, so please dont for now, worry over other people's mind and what they believe

TruthinAction:
I am even shocked you mention the story of the rich man and Lazarus. It is not a parable but a true life story that Jesus knew supernaturally
It is disgraceful you're denying that the story of the rich man and Lazarus is a parable.

OK, let me ask you about the other stories, that came before the story of the rich man and Lazarus, (i.e. Luke 16:19-31) then:
1/ The story of the Unrighteous Steward, (i.e. Luke 16:1-13) is it a parable or not?
2/ The story of the Prodigal Son, (i.e. Luke 15:11-31) is it a parable or not?
3/ The story of the Lost Coin, (i.e. Luke 15:8-10) is it a parable or not?
4/ The story of the Lost Sheep, (i.e. Luke 15:1-7) is it a parable or not?

TruthinAction:
In parables, you don't mention actual name or character. Illustrations are made in generic terms.
Thank you for making my point for me and for admitting that in parables, you dont mention actual names/character and for saying that illustrations are made in generic terms. Case in point the nameless Rich man.

TruthinAction:
But the story mentions two specific names - Lazarus and Abraham. It also mentioned Moses which stands for the law.
But the Rich man has no name mention. Jesus always tells stories to the crowd in parables, that is Jesus modus operandi. This story about the Rich man is not an exception to that rule

TruthinAction:
You saw the way the rich man is tormented in hell. This is how every lost souls will be tormented in hell
Was how the Rich man, tormented different to how one gets tormented in nightmares or bad dreams ni?

TruthinAction:
Then on the final judgment day, all lost souls will be thrown into the Lake of fire which is worse than hell. Hell itself will be thrown into the Lake of fire. And they will be tormented day and night for ever and ever. Our Lord Jesus said, there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
You seem to have a graven image of God being a sadomasochist. Nwanne, you need to pronto "saremosa" review your theology of God.

TruthinAction:
If you don't believe all these that are clearly written in the Scripture, then I can't help you further but will just be praying that you will repent before you die and go there. Put away pride and accept God's word. It is true and eternal and nothing can change it
If you believe that God has the power to destroy body and soul, please tell what pleasure and/or enjoyment does God get from leaving people non-stop tormented day and night for ever and ever, hmm? Nwanne, reason this thing nau, reason am out well nau, biko, hmm?

TruthinAction:
The false teachings of JW has turned the heart of people away from the simplicity that is in the gospel. I feel so sorry for all that have been beguiled by their doctrines. They will all their parts in the Lake of fire.
Your poor understanding of scripture about what really is happening in the lake of fire and the false teachings of JW has turned the heart of people away from the simplicity that is in the Gospel.

Consider an investment in knowledge, it pays the best interest, besides, there's the saying about: "Prefer knowledge to wealth, as, one is permanent, the other isnt"

TruthinAction,in that parable, notice that the Rich man made three requests and the first request, was an inexcusable self centred one, where he was, as usual and true to his selfish and self centreness self was looking out for himself first. Not surprised though, as in the parable, he was potrayed as someone, who lived selfishly during his lifetime. Anyway, it wasnt until when he found out that his first request cant be granted,
that he then switched to making a second and third request, for the sake of his other five brothers, and now then just looking out for them

Water, his first request, in this context and in that parable, is used as a metaphor, representing truth and knowledge. Lazarus, already knows the truth and has had the knowledge, so has no need to request for water. The Rich man, on the other hand, has just developed a thirst for truth and knowledge, but for him, especially where he is, it is too late for him, to be requesting for water (i.e. truth and knowledge)
even a drop of it, is out of the question, because in the location where he's in right now, it's not just a matter of too little, too late
it's the fact that his destination, at the point is SEALED, and so cant be changed or reversed.

The Rich man complained about being in torment and noted that Lazarus was being comforted in Abraham's bossom in the same Sheol
but the Rich man never once asked why was he in the place of torment part of Sheol and why was Lazarus in Sheol's other part, the place of comfort

It appears that the Rich man, seemed not to query or fight the decision of being in the place of torment. He seems to know he belonged there, he seems to accept his fate of being there. He didnt even try to get transfer across to the Lazarus Sheol's other part, the place of comfort
Looks like he knew he deserved to be in the place where he found himself

One of the things, to take away and learn from that parable, is that, there is a place, after death, that people will find themselves and wont dispute or argue for being there in whatever part of the place they find themselves in.

Why does truth generate hostility, bad belle and bad blood, hmm?
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by TruthinAction: 12:46pm On Aug 18, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
Nwanne, you cant give, what you dont have. You cant tell anyone, what you dont know, so please dont for now, worry over other people's mind and what they believe

It is disgraceful you're denying that the story of the rich man and Lazarus is a parable.

OK, let me ask you about the other stories, that came before the story of the rich man and Lazarus, (i.e. Luke 16:19-31) then:
1/ The story of the Unrighteous Steward, (i.e. Luke 16:1-13) is it a parable or not?
2/ The story of the Prodigal Son, (i.e. Luke 15:11-31) is it a parable or not?
3/ The story of the Lost Coin, (i.e. Luke 15:8-10) is it a parable or not?
4/ The story of the Lost Sheep, (i.e. Luke 15:1-7) is it a parable or not?

Thank you for making my point for me and for admitting that in parables, you dont mention actual names/character and for saying that illustrations are made in generic terms. Case in point the nameless Rich man.

But the Rich man has no name mention. Jesus always tells stories to the crowd in parables, that is Jesus modus operandi. This story about the Rich man is not an exception to that rule

Was how the Rich man, tormented different to how one gets tormented in nightmares or bad dreams ni?

You seem to have a graven image of God being a sadomasochist. Nwanne, you need to pronto "saremosa" review your theology of God.

If you believe that God has the power to destroy body and soul, please tell what pleasure and/or enjoyment does God get from leaving people non-stop tormented day and night for ever and ever, hmm? Nwanne, reason this thing nau, reason am out well nau, biko, hmm?

Your poor understanding of scripture about what really is happening in the lake of fire and the false teachings of JW has turned the heart of people away from the simplicity that is in the Gospel.

Consider an investment in knowledge, it pays the best interest, besides, there's the saying about: "Prefer knowledge to wealth, as, one is permanent, the other isnt"

TruthinAction,in that parable, notice that the Rich man made three requests and the first request, was an inexcusable self centred one, where he was, as usual and true to his selfish and self centreness self was looking out for himself first. Not surprised though, as in the parable, he was potrayed as someone, who lived selfishly during his lifetime. Anyway, it wasnt until when he found out that his first request cant be granted,
that he then switched to making a second and third request, for the sake of his other five brothers, and now then just looking out for them

Water, his first request, in this context and in that parable, is used as a metaphor, representing truth and knowledge. Lazarus, already knows the truth and has had the knowledge, so has no need to request for water. The Rich man, on the other hand, has just developed a thirst for truth and knowledge, but for him, especially where he is, it is too late for him, to be requesting for water (i.e. truth and knowledge)
even a drop of it, is out of the question, because in the location where he's in right now, it's not just a matter of too little, too late
it's the fact that his destination, at the point is SEALED, and so cant be changed or reversed.

The Rich man complained about being in torment and noted that Lazarus was being comforted in Abraham's bossom in the same Sheol
but the Rich man never once asked why was he in the place of torment part of Sheol and why was Lazarus in Sheol's other part, the place of comfort

It appears that the Rich man, seemed not to query or fight the decision of being in the place of torment. He seems to know he belonged there, he seems to accept his fate of being there. He didnt even try to get transfer across to the Lazarus Sheol's other part, the place of comfort
Looks like he knew he deserved to be in the place where he found himself

One of the things, to take away and learn from that parable, is that, there is a place, after death, that people will find themselves and wont dispute or argue for being there in whatever part of the place they find themselves in.

Why does truth generate hostility, bad belle and bad blood, hmm?

You have said nothing. You are appealing to reasonings rather than scriptures.

If specific names are not mentioned in parables, and Lazarus was mentioned, is the name Lazarus synonymous with begging that Jesus had to use that name? You are just being dishonest and it is your dishonesty that will destroy you. You will believe when you get to hell but it will be too late for you. I just piety you because you are not aware of the dangers of false teachings and the doom that awaits you.

The teachings of our Lord Jesus concerning eternal judgment are so straight forward that it carries no ambiguity but you have decided to deny them to establish your pre conceived opinions. God will judge you. You will not escape God's judgment. Wicked and deceptive people who claim to know Jehovah but are actually working for the devil. Russell is in hell waiting for you. And he is already going through unbearable torture according to the eye witness of someone who saw him there. I can post the complete story to you if you so desire. The Lord told the witness that countless thousands of are in hell because of his false teachings.
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by MuttleyLaff: 12:56pm On Aug 18, 2019
TruthinAction:
You have said nothing. You are appealing to reasonings rather than scriptures.

If specific names are not mentioned in parables, and Lazarus was mentioned, is the name Lazarus synonymous with begging that Jesus had to use that name? You are just being dishonest and it is your dishonesty that will destroy you. You will believe when you get to hell but it will be too late for you. I just piety you because you are not aware of the dangers of false teachings and the doom that awaits you.

The teachings of our Lord Jesus concerning eternal judgment are so straight forward that it carries no ambiguity but you have decided to deny them to establish your pre conceived opinions. God will judge you. You will not escape God's judgment. Wicked and deceptive people who claim to know Jehovah but are actually working for the devil. Russell is in hell waiting for you. And he is already going through unbearable torture according to the eye witness of someone who saw him there. I can post the complete story to you if you so desire. The Lord told the witness that countless thousands of are in hell because of his false teachings.
Dont think I'll let you go off that easily. You with your false understanding of scripture, making out that God is a sadomasochist. God that has the power to destroy body and soul, but you're advancing a perverted knowledge that God takes pleasure and/or enjoyment in leaving people non-stop tormented day and night for ever and ever.

Like I've previously said, its your poor understanding of scripture about what really is happening in the lake of fire and the false teachings of Jehovah's Witnesses (JW) that has turned the heart of people away from the simplicity that is in the Gospel.

You seem to be oblivious to the fact that the Bible originally was not serialised in to chapters and verses. Go figure this one out

You better start repenting of your error and pronto "saremọsa" review your theology of God.
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by TruthinAction: 6:11pm On Aug 18, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
Dont think I'll let you go off that easily. You with your false understanding of scripture, making out that God is a sadomasochist. God that has the power to destroy body and soul, but you're advancing a perverted knowledge that God takes pleasure and/or enjoyment in leaving people non-stop tormented day and night for ever and ever.

Like I've previously said, its your poor understanding of scripture about what really is happening in the lake of fire and the false teachings of Jehovah's Witnesses (JW) that has turned the heart of people away from the simplicity that is in the Gospel.

You seem to be oblivious to the fact that the Bible originally was not serialised in to chapters and verses. Go figure this one out

You better start repenting of your error and pronto "saremọsa" review your theology of God.

You are the one in error for rejecting the truth of the Bible and going about to establish your own doctrine. Otherwise explain the following Scriptures to me that buttresses my points.

Matthew 18:8 Wherefore if thy hand or thy foot offend thee, cut them off, and cast them from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life halt or maimed, rather than having two hands or two feet to be cast into EVERLASTING FIRE.

Mat 25:41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into EVERLASTING FIRE, prepared for the devil and his angels.

Notice the phrase, Everlasting Fire. What do you understand by Ever-Lasting? It simply means it has no end but you teach the torment has an end. So, you contradict the Bible.

Mat 25:46 And these shall go away into EVERLASTING PUNISHMENT but the righteous into life eternal.

This verse says the same thing. I wonder which Bible you are reading.

Matthew 8:12:
But the children of the kingdom shall be cast out into outer darkness: there shall be WEEPING and GNASHING of teeth.

The Bible says they will weep and gnash their teeth but you say no such thing. You want us to believe you and reject the Bible? Simply because you don't know which teeth they will use is not enough to reject the truth of God's word. We know in part. We will know everything when we get to heaven.

Mark 9:43 And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the FIRE THAT NEVER SHALL BE QUENCHED.

Mark 9:44 Where THEIR WORM DIETH NOT, and the FIRE IS NOT QUENCHED.

Did you just read that this fire doesn't quench unlike the physical Gehenna that has long quenched.

Revelation 14:9-11.
9 And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand,

10 The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:

11 And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they HAVE NO REST DAY NOR NIGHT, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.

Notice the bolded. They have no rest day and night. I didn't write the Scripture. I just accept the truth which you choose to reject and teach others to reject it also.

Revelation 20:10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be TORMENTED DAY and NIGHT FOR EVER and EVER.

Please, what more evidences do you need. Or tell me your Bible says something else. My friend, you had better believe God's word. God is a God of love and he is also a God of judgment. In fact, the Bible says he is a consuming fire.

The punishment is certain and the torment is forever for all who reject the gospel of our Lord Jesus and live ungodly lives.

Repent before it is too late. My submissions are based on the evidences of the scriptures but yours is based on reasonings and preconceived opinions that has no scriptural backings.

If you say I am misinterpreting the Scripture, you tell me one by one what all those Scriptures above means with all honesty. Otherwise remain silent for life.
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by MuttleyLaff: 7:20pm On Aug 18, 2019
TruthinAction:
You are the one in error for rejecting the truth of the Bible and going about to establish your own doctrine. Otherwise explain the following Scriptures to me that buttresses my points.

Matthew 18:8
Wherefore if thy hand or thy foot offend thee, cut them off, and cast them from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life halt or maimed, rather than having two hands or two feet to be cast into EVERLASTING FIRE.

Mat 25:41
Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into EVERLASTING FIRE, prepared for the devil and his angels.
You have no point that you're buttressing.

Watch this, listen and learn from it. If I say, I am so hungry, I can eat a whole horse. You dont really believe, I can eat a whole horse, do you but you do get from statement, my point of how ravenously hungry I am. That is hyperbole for you, showing the seriousness of a matter and placing emphasis. It is not to be taken literally, but the point is made and understood

In that above Matthew 18:8 you quoted et al, what Jesus did, was employing hyperboles, as in, employ figure of speech, that uses extreme exaggeration to make a point to show the seriousness of an important lesson and/or show the emphasis in the important lesson He is giving.

Fyi, hyperbole is from a Greek word meaning ''excess'' and so hyperboles are not narratives but are figures of speech used in which exaggeration is used for emphasis or effect, towards making a point
Examples:
It rained cats and dogs yesterday, this conveying the message that it rained heavily yesterday and I could sleep for a year, this conveying a message of being completely bushwhacked and a want to sleep for a long time to recover

Jesus, told quite a sizeable amount of parables, varying in total, between a number of 45 and 60, and that they usually have a plethora of lessons and moral truth in them.

As most parables, usually are, a good amount of them, actually are a faithful representation of reality. They at times are told, as a story, with verisimilitude characters having actual or real human being's name. Case in point, that Luke 16 is a parable, with the Rich man & Poor man named, Lazarus characters, and so Luke 16 is an example of parables with verisimilitude characters and where a charater's name, like that of Lazarus, is mentioned

TruthinAction:
Notice the phrase, Everlasting Fire. What do you understand by Ever-Lasting? It simply means it has no end but you teach the torment has an end. So, you contradict the Bible.
Jesus made mention of the Lake of Fire and an analogy with the fire at the Gehenna valley, in outskirt Israel because Gehenna virtually never went out or died off, so is the Lake of Fire. It continually burns, but that doesnt mean that souls are eternally burning in it, incombustibly. It doesnt mean souls are fire-proof and wouldnt be destroyed by the Lake of fire. Please use your gray cells to understand this, at least, instead of asking me what I understand by Ever-Lasting. Did you not learn or werent you taught that the Greek word "aionios", that is translated in English as Ever-Lasting, doesnt have the same meaning in Greek, as we understand it to be in English, hmm?

TruthinAction:
Mat 25:46
And these shall go away into EVERLASTING PUNISHMENT but the righteous into life eternal.

This verse says the same thing. I wonder which Bible you are reading
I am reading the same bible as you, but it is pitiful that you havent taken to the advice and instruction of 2 Timothy 2:15. You are not rightly dividing the word of truth. You're not correctly and/or accurately handling the word of truth. You arent handling the word of truth with precision. You seriously need to brush up your bible because you're showing symptoms of truth decay

TruthinAction:
Matthew 8:12:
But the children of the kingdom shall be cast out into outer darkness: there shall be WEEPING and GNASHING of teeth.

The Bible says they will weep and gnash their teeth but you say no such thing.
Will you shut it right there and keep quiet. When and where did I say there is no such thing, hmm? Reproduce here and quote me verbatim, where and where I typed that there is no such thing. If you are unable to quote me where and when I said there is no such thing, then do the needful and honorable thing of retracting that slanderous lie you made against me and tender your profound apologies

TruthinAction:
You want us to believe you and reject the Bible? Simply because you don't know which teeth they will use is not enough to reject the truth of God's word. We know in part. We will know everything when we get to heaven.

Mark 9:43 And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the FIRE THAT NEVER SHALL BE QUENCHED.

Mark 9:44 Where THEIR WORM DIETH NOT, and the FIRE IS NOT QUENCHED.

Did you just read that this fire doesn't quench unlike the physical Gehenna that has long quenched.
In biblical times, when Gehenna was still operational, it virtually was a 24/7/365 days incinerator dump site

It's people like you who are always first to post false bullshits & start drama. Look, dont come to a gun fight with knives because I'll take the knives of your hands, whoop your bumbum, your brain will reset and all these your false bullshits & drama will evaporate.

TruthinAction:
Revelation 14:9-11.
9 And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand,
10 The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:
11 And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they HAVE NO REST DAY NOR NIGHT, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.

Notice the bolded. They have no rest day and night. I didn't write the Scripture. I just accept the truth which you choose to reject and teach others to reject it also.

Revelation 20:10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be TORMENTED DAY and NIGHT FOR EVER and EVER.

Please, what more evidences do you need. Or tell me your Bible says something else. My friend, you had better believe God's word. God is a God of love and he is also a God of judgment. In fact, the Bible says he is a consuming fire.

The punishment is certain and the torment is forever for all who reject the gospel of our Lord Jesus and live ungodly lives.

Repent before it is too late. My submissions are based on the evidences of the scriptures but yours is based on reasonings and preconceived opinions that has no scriptural backings.

If you say I am misinterpreting the Scripture, you tell me one by one what all those Scriptures above means with all honesty. Otherwise remain silent for life.
1"Certainly the day is coming! It will burn like a furnace. All arrogant people and all evildoers will be [like] straw. The day that is coming will burn them up completely," says the LORD of Armies. "It won't leave a single root or branch.
3You will trample on wicked people, because on the day I act they will be ashes under the soles of your feet," says the LORD of Armies.

- Malachi 4:1,3

I've previously said, you're a bonafide and confirmed charlatan, this more the reason, I am not going to belabour this with you, except leave Malachi 4:1,3 up there for you to stare at and learn from, then just to ask you, one or two simple, easy, straightforward and direct question(s):
1/ Does God have the ability, power and means to destroy a soul or not?
2/ If your answer to #1 above is Yes, then why isnt God going to do just simply that, huh?
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by pauloskie38(m): 8:51pm On Aug 18, 2019
Jehovah’s Witnesses—Who Are We?
We come from hundreds of ethnic and language backgrounds, yet we are united by common goals. Above all, we want to honor Jehovah, the God of the Bible and the Creator of all things. We do our best to imitate Jesus Christ and are proud to be called Christians. Each of us regularly spends time helping people learn about the Bible and God’s Kingdom. Because we witness, or talk, about Jehovah God and his Kingdom, we are known as Jehovah’s Witnesses.
want to learn more about our belief visit our website JW.ORG

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by CANTICLES: 6:42pm On Jan 18, 2020
this is highly misleading, Jwfact that said the Bible is not God's word ? that said the Bible is not different other books written by men ?

Change the topic to: Where to go if you do not want to have faith in the scriptures .

rottennaija:
What does being a Jehovah Witness entail? And is there a place I can read about them unbiasedly?

Mark Jones, Ex-Jehovah's Witness of 31 years
Answered Jun 5, 2019 on Quora.com

Your first port of call should be JWFacts.com

Many people (me included) wish we’d visited that site before getting involved with the Jehovah’s Witnesses.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Lack Of Patience Is What Pushes People To Make Money Illegally. / To The Yorubas "Stop Praising Olorun, He Is Not The Christian God" / Are Olodumare And "god/allah" The Same Entity/concept/word?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 200
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.