Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,831 members, 7,817,430 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:08 PM

Buhari: Bayelsa With 8, Kano 44 LGAs Have Equal Senators Shows Fairness - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari: Bayelsa With 8, Kano 44 LGAs Have Equal Senators Shows Fairness (33862 Views)

Bayelsa With 8 LGAs, We Are Not Seeing Results / Masari: 10 LGAs Have Been Lost To Bandits As COAS, General Yahaya Visits Kastina / Why ‘ll Bayelsa With 8, Kano 44 Lgs Have Equal Senators – Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari: Bayelsa With 8, Kano 44 LGAs Have Equal Senators Shows Fairness by RichBoy247: 5:35pm On Jul 19, 2019
SoNature:
Someone should tell this man to stop making this senseless argument and restructure this shithole.

After all, restructuring is BOLDLY captured in APC manifesto.

I thought Goatluck and Obasanjo has restructured. If they haven't, then you will need another brain if you think Buhari will.

1 Like

Re: Buhari: Bayelsa With 8, Kano 44 LGAs Have Equal Senators Shows Fairness by AnanseK(m): 5:37pm On Jul 19, 2019
TIGRITIS:
[s][/s]
The day igbos move themselves away from other states in Nigeria and settle in those their 5 biafran states, we will take you serious. You can't be hawking gala on our streets and be making all these useless noise. I repeat, if I have my way, within 24 hrs, igbos will need visa to enter Nigeria.

They will never do that. The Arewa boys have called their bluff more than once. They are happy to stay in kano, Kaduna and Abuja insulting everyone but their own criminal elites. One thing we know is they can’t try murdering civilian and military leaders from other ethnic groups as they did in January 1966- if they have learned any lesson.

1 Like

Re: Buhari: Bayelsa With 8, Kano 44 LGAs Have Equal Senators Shows Fairness by RexTramadol1: 5:38pm On Jul 19, 2019
TIGRITIS:
Logically, baba is very correct.

But in Nigeria, things aren't done on the basis of logic.

3 senators represent 8 LGA

3 senators represent 44 LGA

Very illogical.

Rather than explaining their logic, some human BEANS up there are already trying to run away from the logic. angry

Lol, the model of the Senate was copied from the United States due to the problem of inequality

But U.S has a detribalised system unlike ours, and if Buhari is saying they are equal, has he checked the disparity in the number of reps in each state?
Re: Buhari: Bayelsa With 8, Kano 44 LGAs Have Equal Senators Shows Fairness by webizone(m): 5:38pm On Jul 19, 2019
TIGRITIS:

I'm more than willing that the govt carve out your 5 villages out of Nigeria. If I have my way, within 24 hrs, you will need a visa to enter Nigeria.
Then why don't they do it? What are they afraid of? I DARE them to do it. I DOUBLE DARE them.

1 Like

Re: Buhari: Bayelsa With 8, Kano 44 LGAs Have Equal Senators Shows Fairness by osaweseforme(m): 5:39pm On Jul 19, 2019
You see why i said you have low IQ, so every southerner is Igbo? God help you. For your info i'm not an Igbo man and i still repeat that your region has been dragging us backward from ages
TIGRITIS:
[s][/s]
T[s]he day igbos move themselves away from other states in Nigeria and settle in those their 5 biafran states, we will take you serious. You can't be hawking gala on our streets and be making all these useless noise. I repeat, if I have my way, within 24 hrs, igbos will need visa to enter Nigeria.
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Buhari: Bayelsa With 8, Kano 44 LGAs Have Equal Senators Shows Fairness by osaweseforme(m): 5:40pm On Jul 19, 2019
Dont mind the irredeemable mu.mu
webizone:
Then why don't they do it? What are they afraid of? I DARE them to do it. I DOUBLE DARE them.
Re: Buhari: Bayelsa With 8, Kano 44 LGAs Have Equal Senators Shows Fairness by Switruth: 5:41pm On Jul 19, 2019
badmrkt:
RUGARIZED brain president. open his head you'd likely find three things...1. cow 2 cows 3 cowsss grin grin grin grin
. See Abeg no let me faint with laugh abeg. Na ur President be that oh.

1 Like

Re: Buhari: Bayelsa With 8, Kano 44 LGAs Have Equal Senators Shows Fairness by bigfish3k: 5:42pm On Jul 19, 2019
yes sir, so kano has been cheating bayelsa state since... ah na wao.. we no gree .. more LGA should be created for bayelsa
this is the reason more local governmentt areas should be created for bayelsa state for the sake of equity

bayelsa needs more 36 LGA for equity and one nigeria purpose so that it can also be 44

so what reason is he giving why only 8 LGA's should be created for Bayelsa state by the northern oligarchs while kano will have 44
my niger delta brothers ... u can all see that we are been cheated.. thank u PMB for highlighting this.. bayelsa needs more 36 LGA's
Re: Buhari: Bayelsa With 8, Kano 44 LGAs Have Equal Senators Shows Fairness by Okoroawusa: 5:44pm On Jul 19, 2019
specter:
Buhari simply stated the truth. The constitution was fair in that regard. But of course, Nigerians will never read to understand before jumping into conclusions.
Don't mind children with access to the internet.The fairness that he is talking about is to Bayelsa.Is it because he used Kano in his comparison?
Lagos with its population has 3 senators like Bayelsa but in real sense a senator from Lagos is representing more Nigerians than a senator from Bayelsa n they get the same salary n constituency n projects allowance. That is the fairness of the constitution that Buhari is saying in that report up there.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari: Bayelsa With 8, Kano 44 LGAs Have Equal Senators Shows Fairness by ejimatic: 5:51pm On Jul 19, 2019
ijustdey:

. As group demands inclusion in next-level govt

https://www.sunnewsonline.com/why-ll-bayelsa-with-8-kano-44-lgs-have-equal-senators-buhari/

. A lot of imbalance is in Nigeria.There must be equal number of states in all regions unlike what it is now when the north has more states than the south and the East.Local government mist be equal too since all the states collect allocation from the federal.Ironically some states with more local governments are even better than many with few local governments.
Re: Buhari: Bayelsa With 8, Kano 44 LGAs Have Equal Senators Shows Fairness by Mydazz(m): 5:57pm On Jul 19, 2019
Paperwhite:
So of all the challenges confronting this nation @ present, this is the shitty thing this man is obessed with after his failed RUGA nonsense? Who cursed Nigeria with a senile senseless and irresponsible man like Buhari as president?

Fellow Nigerians did,...... Unfortunately
Re: Buhari: Bayelsa With 8, Kano 44 LGAs Have Equal Senators Shows Fairness by Fabnaija: 6:12pm On Jul 19, 2019
Chai! I thought the UK doctors did some good work on this man's brain after his treatment in UK, but they did not. We are so sorry.
Re: Buhari: Bayelsa With 8, Kano 44 LGAs Have Equal Senators Shows Fairness by JOMAX: 6:13pm On Jul 19, 2019
Bayelsa with 8 LGAs feeds Kano with 44 LGAs yet Bayelsans are hungry with poor infrastructure. Even the NDDC is controlled by the North and to syphon more money for infrastructural development in the North there is now a North-East development commission to be funded by oil money. Whearas solid minerals from the north and farm produce and cattle remains the exclusive preserves of the North. IS THAT FAIRNESS? SHUT UP ALREADY PMB

Before you quote me think hard. I spent a decade of my life I'm Kano but lost everything to religious crisis and recently in Port Harcourt a leader of Hausa community despite expressing my self to him openly told me we are not one Nigeria. Just cut the chase.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari: Bayelsa With 8, Kano 44 LGAs Have Equal Senators Shows Fairness by manchester1: 6:33pm On Jul 19, 2019
Same no. of senators with how many house of reps member?
Re: Buhari: Bayelsa With 8, Kano 44 LGAs Have Equal Senators Shows Fairness by maxiuc(m): 6:48pm On Jul 19, 2019
This man doesn't have sense at all

19 states northerners

Then 5 states for the Easterners

6 states for wests

Remain 6 shared among the south south what is it called
Re: Buhari: Bayelsa With 8, Kano 44 LGAs Have Equal Senators Shows Fairness by bossrillboss: 6:49pm On Jul 19, 2019
badmrkt:
RUGARIZED brain president. open his head you'd likely find three things...1. cow 2 cows 3 cowsss grin grin grin grin
4.cowses

Re: Buhari: Bayelsa With 8, Kano 44 LGAs Have Equal Senators Shows Fairness by sterlingD(m): 6:55pm On Jul 19, 2019
And once again FC BUHARIYERN MUNICH has scored an OWN goal.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari: Bayelsa With 8, Kano 44 LGAs Have Equal Senators Shows Fairness by stonemasonn: 6:56pm On Jul 19, 2019
specter:
Buhari simply stated the truth. The constitution was fair in that regard. But of course, Nigerians will never read to understand before jumping into conclusions.
how was the constitution fair?
Re: Buhari: Bayelsa With 8, Kano 44 LGAs Have Equal Senators Shows Fairness by Nobody: 7:05pm On Jul 19, 2019
Okoroawusa:

Don't mind children with access to the internet.The fairness that he is talking about is to Bayelsa.Is it because he used Kano in his comparison?
Lagos with its population has 3 senators like Bayelsa but in real sense a senator from Lagos is representing more Nigerians than a senator from Bayelsa n they get the same salary n constituency n projects allowance. That is the fairness of the constitution that Buhari is saying in that report up there.
I suspect you're as ignorant as buhari himself. Senate does not represent population or land mass. Instead it represents the equality of the states as federating units of the country. The house of reps serves a purpose close to what you refer to but the anomaly is that house of reps in Nigeria represents land mass instead of population/population density as we have in USA. The north has more reps than the south though the south is more populated. If the house was truly representative as desired, we're supposed to have a census every five or ten years to determine our demography and by extension number of reps to come from each region

In conclusion, however you choose to look at it, Buhari's comments are patently false and illogical

1 Like

Re: Buhari: Bayelsa With 8, Kano 44 LGAs Have Equal Senators Shows Fairness by owila4luv(m): 7:36pm On Jul 19, 2019
you can't accredit dat to yourself as it is a standard! i wonder why a president who's suppose to represent peace and unity always say things that bring division. why not make example of small northern states instead?

1 Like

Re: Buhari: Bayelsa With 8, Kano 44 LGAs Have Equal Senators Shows Fairness by owila4luv(m): 7:38pm On Jul 19, 2019
RichBoy247:

I thought Goatluck and Obasanjo has restructured. If they haven't, then you will need another brain if you think Buhari will.
brainless bubu taught governance is drinking nunu

1 Like

Re: Buhari: Bayelsa With 8, Kano 44 LGAs Have Equal Senators Shows Fairness by LOVELYSKINZNEW(f): 7:51pm On Jul 19, 2019
words from our amiable leaders. unable try
Re: Buhari: Bayelsa With 8, Kano 44 LGAs Have Equal Senators Shows Fairness by Ibrahimmrfish(m): 7:58pm On Jul 19, 2019
osaweseforme:
You see why i said you have low IQ, so every southerner is Igbo? God help you. For your info i'm not an Igbo man and i still repeat that your region has been dragging us backward from ages[/s]
So it's our region that is preventing your state Governors from doing their job?
Re: Buhari: Bayelsa With 8, Kano 44 LGAs Have Equal Senators Shows Fairness by MrBigZ: 8:02pm On Jul 19, 2019
Does Bayelsa has equal number of Rep's as Kano has?
Re: Buhari: Bayelsa With 8, Kano 44 LGAs Have Equal Senators Shows Fairness by tartar9(m): 8:39pm On Jul 19, 2019
niaralandtopuser:
what is Kano contribution to the national purse?. what is coming out of bayelsa alone is enough to run bayelsa if they become a country
They contribute more than your SE states at least undecided
Re: Buhari: Bayelsa With 8, Kano 44 LGAs Have Equal Senators Shows Fairness by Nobody: 8:42pm On Jul 19, 2019
tartar9:

They contribute more than your SE states at least undecided
who said I am from the south east? and what exactly is Kano contributing to the national budget except to share oil money?

1 Like

Re: Buhari: Bayelsa With 8, Kano 44 LGAs Have Equal Senators Shows Fairness by tartar9(m): 8:45pm On Jul 19, 2019
niaralandtopuser:

who said I am from the south east? and what exactly is Kano contributing to the national budget?
Where are you from,isnt the whole of nigeria also dependent on ND oil allocations.Why your special beef against kano while the stats have shown they generate more than than south eastern states
Re: Buhari: Bayelsa With 8, Kano 44 LGAs Have Equal Senators Shows Fairness by sweetilicious(f): 8:49pm On Jul 19, 2019
Paperwhite:
So of all the challenges confronting this nation @ present, this is the shitty thing this man is obessed with after his failed RUGA nonsense? Who cursed Nigeria with a senile senseless and irresponsible man like Buhari as president?
I was able to see through buhari before he became president. I never believed in him

1 Like

Re: Buhari: Bayelsa With 8, Kano 44 LGAs Have Equal Senators Shows Fairness by sweetilicious(f): 8:50pm On Jul 19, 2019
Paperwhite:
I was able to see through buhari before he became president. I never believed in him even when people thought he was the Messiah. I preferred Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Buhari: Bayelsa With 8, Kano 44 LGAs Have Equal Senators Shows Fairness by Babanah: 8:54pm On Jul 19, 2019
The senate consists of representatives of the federating units which are all equal. The House of Representatives represents the people therefore the constituencies are demarcated by population.
Re: Buhari: Bayelsa With 8, Kano 44 LGAs Have Equal Senators Shows Fairness by Nobody: 8:56pm On Jul 19, 2019
tartar9:

Where are you from,isnt the whole of nigeria also dependent on ND oil allocations.Why your special beef against kano while the stats have shown they generate more than than south eastern states
I am from Delta State and we have oil.
we still even generate more internally than Kano and their highly unproductive population and their 44 local government.
Kano with their population should have the highest GDP in Nigeria but most of the abokis choose to be unproductive economically. only good in sex and reproduction

1 Like

Re: Buhari: Bayelsa With 8, Kano 44 LGAs Have Equal Senators Shows Fairness by ada9ja(f): 9:04pm On Jul 19, 2019
Paperwhite:

I hope u have his mate at home and he is perfect for you to insult a man like this it show u re irresponsible too

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Simon Ekpa Ends Sit-at-home Order, Says No Election In ‘biafraland’ / The Origin Of Boko Haram / Why El-rufai Is Angry With Tinubu: Nigerian Governors' Forum Chairmanship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.