Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,247 members, 7,815,362 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:18 AM

"I Cannot Be A Governor And Not Be A Governor" - Godwin Obaseki Laments - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "I Cannot Be A Governor And Not Be A Governor" - Godwin Obaseki Laments (29952 Views)

Kwara State Governor And His 26 Years Old Commissioner / Obaseki Laments Underdevelopment In South-South Despite Being Most Funded Region / Governor Godwin Obaseki Sleeping At UN General Assembly (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "I Cannot Be A Governor And Not Be A Governor" - Godwin Obaseki Laments by Oxb90: 8:36am On Jul 20, 2019
praise010:
I remember watching Oshiomole describe the negetive effect of God fatherism in Nigeria Politics and how he defeated the God father's in Edo.

Today he want to be the Emperor!

very sad
Re: "I Cannot Be A Governor And Not Be A Governor" - Godwin Obaseki Laments by spirul77: 8:36am On Jul 20, 2019
I laugh when those from outside EDO state believe the propaganda that he's wake and see governor, since this man assume office he hasn't even grade a single road in EDO north, there's no one single tangible thing he has done, I repeat no one single thing, if you know he has done otherwise I dare you to mention them here, he promised two hundred thousand jobs during campaign only to come out to say he has created 77 thousand already and it's almost four years lol, his gentleman look and composure really deceive people, he's not done one quarter of what oshiomole did in oshiomoles first 6 months in office in his three years so far, I stand to be corrected with facts. he's just an average selfish and power hungry curroption ridden Nigerian governor

2 Likes

Re: "I Cannot Be A Governor And Not Be A Governor" - Godwin Obaseki Laments by Nobody: 8:37am On Jul 20, 2019
valentineuwakwe:
At times I wonder how men changes overtime...is this not this same Adam's Oshimole. .the then NLC president fighting for the masses then? one day those he is doing their bindings will come after him
chai
Re: "I Cannot Be A Governor And Not Be A Governor" - Godwin Obaseki Laments by jrusky(m): 8:37am On Jul 20, 2019
Bro that is bitch of hell that goes with putting yourself under poltical godfather they will dominate you, remote your entire life, turn you to a mere robot and a teddy bear.

I understand your pains bro try to free yourself once and for all. God bless
Re: "I Cannot Be A Governor And Not Be A Governor" - Godwin Obaseki Laments by EgusiShankly: 8:39am On Jul 20, 2019
Born2Breed:
"No man be god"

Oshiomole cup go soon full, those House of Assembly members supporting Oshiomole from Edo south will soon hear whinnn...unless them wan carry their houses and family go sky.
those from Edo north supporting Obaseki nko? see I also don't like/ never liked oshiomole myself but this shouldn't turn into a fight between ourselves..
Re: "I Cannot Be A Governor And Not Be A Governor" - Godwin Obaseki Laments by Trendishine: 8:40am On Jul 20, 2019
praise010:
I remember watching Oshiomole describe the negetive effect of God fatherism in Nigeria Politics and how he defeated the God father's in Edo.

A slave wld scramble, claim to fight oppression and his oppressors for freedom, grant him that freedom and coat it with little power, and watch, soon he wants to taste how it feels like being an oppressor, now his eats the whole plate..... But yet again, oppression wld be fought, and the fighter on the right course... What happens afterwards, is the test to the course....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Cannot Be A Governor And Not Be A Governor" - Godwin Obaseki Laments by ijabiken1(m): 8:41am On Jul 20, 2019
Gistvic:

Edo State Governor Godwin Obaseki laments as he cant nominate somebody for federal appointment and make critical decisions. Gistvic Reports.

Godwin Obaseki laments while speaking with members of the Benin Community resident in the Federal Capital Territory at Edo State Lodge, Abuja, on Friday.

He said:

Watch Video:

SOurce: https://www.gistvic.com/2019/07/i-cannot-be-governor-and-not-be.html
oshiomole will finish this buhari administration
Re: "I Cannot Be A Governor And Not Be A Governor" - Godwin Obaseki Laments by Credobee(m): 8:42am On Jul 20, 2019
WORDS ON THE MARBLE
WHEN THE PEOPLE CONTEND FOR THEIR LIBERTY........THEY SELDOM GET ANYTHING BY THEIR VICTORY BUT NEW MASTERS........
........Lord Halifax (1750)[color=#006600][/color]

2 Likes

Re: "I Cannot Be A Governor And Not Be A Governor" - Godwin Obaseki Laments by Plenty12: 8:42am On Jul 20, 2019
dunkem21:
Shut up Mr. Man and behave like Ambode tongue

You are insane

1 Like

Re: "I Cannot Be A Governor And Not Be A Governor" - Godwin Obaseki Laments by EgusiShankly: 8:47am On Jul 20, 2019
spirul77:
I laugh when those from outside EDO state believe the propaganda that he's wake and see governor, since this man assume office he hasn't even grade a single road in EDO north, there's no one single tangible thing he has done, I repeat no one single thing, if you know he has done otherwise I dare you to mention them here, he promised two hundred thousand jobs during campaign only to come out to say he has created 77 thousand already and it's almost four years lol, his gentleman look and composure really deceive people, he's not done one quarter of what oshiomole did in oshiomoles first 6 months in office in his three years so far, I stand to be corrected with facts. he's just an average selfish and power hungry curroption ridden Nigerian governor
Oga, I would love you to list the tangible things oshiomole in eight years did/perform in Edo north... and please don't mention Iyahmo and auchi as these are not the only places in the zone...
Thanks!

3 Likes

Re: "I Cannot Be A Governor And Not Be A Governor" - Godwin Obaseki Laments by Odisweet(f): 8:48am On Jul 20, 2019
that is one thing some governors don't know or pretend not to know. As the chief executive of a state, the governor has the duty to ensure total compliance of the law of the state by either indigens or residents from another place, thus anyone who is found going against the law would be disciplined according to the same law, if we had governors who fully understand the power bestowed on them, the security challenges we have wouldn't have been this bad. Fayose of Ekiti understood this power.

2 Likes

Re: "I Cannot Be A Governor And Not Be A Governor" - Godwin Obaseki Laments by Gentlewarrior1(m): 8:52am On Jul 20, 2019
alphaNomega:

You've not tasted money and power at the same time. E dey format person brain and it's worse if you came from nothing.
I swear many poor people can be quite heartless when they finally make it

4 Likes

Re: "I Cannot Be A Governor And Not Be A Governor" - Godwin Obaseki Laments by Odisweet(f): 9:02am On Jul 20, 2019
ekestic1976:
"That's not true stop giving false information that is how you deceive people, who did Oshiomole fight, the Igbinedion for stealing the state blind and acquiring thousand of acres of land that he took back to the state, is that bad, stop deciving people. The present governor Obaseki was a nobody before Oshiomole made him who he is today, tell me if you have ever heard is name in Nigeria.The governor Obaseki is a divisive man
he is dismantling Oshiomole is political structure to the extent that the last Apc primary, the governor went to the media to call results when he did not allowed electorate to vote, is that democracy, look how he can't even manage 24 Apc legislative members, the state party is extremely divided all because Obaseki doesn't know how to unite people. He gave proclamation with no time, date and venue, all to play out illegality and now it has backfired on him. Oshiomole is a unifier and a strong leader, the people that hate him are pdp sypathizers, Igbos and Ishan central of Edo state, they play their politics with hate and false propaganda just to destroy. The governor should go and put is house together, you are crying you couldn't even make decisions in federal appointment when you are destroying Oshiomole is structure and expect him to give you opportunity, when you are sacking commissioners loyal to the man, please wake up and change your ways, learn how to treat people well, be loyal to those that uplift you, stop taking advice from pdp in Edo state who are waiting in the wings to destroy Apc and steal the leadership and also you lack that fatherly qualities on how to unite and stop listening to gossip cause that's your major flaw".

you could still have expressed your thoughts without the ethnic and party mentions as most APC members today were formerly PDP. And do you see a man who said that if you join APC, your sins are forgiven as a worthy leader?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Cannot Be A Governor And Not Be A Governor" - Godwin Obaseki Laments by bossrillboss: 9:05am On Jul 20, 2019
ekestic1976:
"That's not true stop giving false information that is how you deceive people, who did Oshiomole fight, the Igbinedion for stealing the state blind and acquiring thousand of acres of land that he took back to the state, is that bad, stop deciving people. The present governor Obaseki was a nobody before Oshiomole made him who he is today, tell me if you have ever heard is name in Nigeria.The governor Obaseki is a divisive man
he is dismantling Oshiomole is political structure to the extent that the last Apc primary, the governor went to the media to call results when he did not allowed electorate to vote, is that democracy, look how he can't even manage 24 Apc legislative members, the state party is extremely divided all because Obaseki doesn't know how to unite people. He gave proclamation with no time, date and venue, all to play out illegality and now it has backfired on him. Oshiomole is a unifier and a strong leader, the people that hate him are pdp sypathizers, Igbos and Ishan central of Edo state, they play their politics with hate and false propaganda just to destroy. The governor should go and put is house together, you are crying you couldn't even make decisions in federal appointment when you are destroying Oshiomole is structure and expect him to give you opportunity, when you are sacking commissioners loyal to the man, please wake up and change your ways, learn how to treat people well, be loyal to those that uplift you, stop taking advice from pdp in Edo state who are waiting in the wings to destroy Apc and steal the leadership and also you lack that fatherly qualities on how to unite and stop listening to gossip cause that's your major flaw".
..mr man from ur write up it shows you r confused.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Cannot Be A Governor And Not Be A Governor" - Godwin Obaseki Laments by lexy2014: 9:06am On Jul 20, 2019
Born2Breed:
"No man be god"

Oshiomole cup go soon full, those House of Assembly members supporting Oshiomole from Edo south will soon hear whinnn...unless them wan carry their houses and family go sky.

This was d same oshiomole that was shouting no more godfatherism in Edo state in reference to Anenih.

1 Like

Re: "I Cannot Be A Governor And Not Be A Governor" - Godwin Obaseki Laments by Bizibi(m): 9:07am On Jul 20, 2019
ekestic1976:
look some of us knew how all this started,oshiomole and his boys wwanted everything immediately obaseki entered, I saw it and even some of them were boasting then.oshiomole want to be a Godfather full stop and he is doing it the wrong way. I'm surprise that obaseki is taking a bold step.

2 Likes

Re: "I Cannot Be A Governor And Not Be A Governor" - Godwin Obaseki Laments by Rexnegro(m): 9:08am On Jul 20, 2019
drtwist:
Godfatherism at work. Anyway you campaign and rigged for Buhari, so suffer the change you campaign for.

I wish Buhari can have third term, so those voted for him will suffer more. Africans it's time we rise up against bad leadership.
so those who voted atiku will not suffer abi? smh

1 Like

Re: "I Cannot Be A Governor And Not Be A Governor" - Godwin Obaseki Laments by itsene: 9:10am On Jul 20, 2019
Abeg write a proper proclamation letter.
Re: "I Cannot Be A Governor And Not Be A Governor" - Godwin Obaseki Laments by Kay25(m): 9:11am On Jul 20, 2019
Who you dey tell? when you stole another person mandate and u were busy dancing u don'tknow
Re: "I Cannot Be A Governor And Not Be A Governor" - Godwin Obaseki Laments by Solsix(m): 9:11am On Jul 20, 2019
Born2Breed:
"No man be god"

Lol
Re: "I Cannot Be A Governor And Not Be A Governor" - Godwin Obaseki Laments by buharitill2023: 9:12am On Jul 20, 2019
drtwist:
Godfatherism at work. Anyway you campaign and rigged for Buhari, so suffer the change you campaign for.

I wish Buhari can have third term, so those voted for him will suffer more. Africans it's time we rise up against bad leadership.
this is the reason I hate obaseki, his disloyalty and betrayal is given Idiotic pigs of bia fra opportunity to be insulting buhari and oshomole. That is the main reason we can not forgive obaseki, he must be kick out from APC by all means. Let he go to PDP and he will lose.

1 Like

Re: "I Cannot Be A Governor And Not Be A Governor" - Godwin Obaseki Laments by lexy2014: 9:13am On Jul 20, 2019
ekestic1976:

ekestic1976:
The governor Obaseki is a divisive man
he is dismantling Oshiomole is political structure to the extent that the last Apc primary, the governor went to the media to call results when he did not allowed electorate to vote, is that democracy.

Isn't it d same way oshiomole did it when he was governor? D Local govts elections he organised in 2011 or so, were d results not ready b4 elections? Wasn't it oshiomole that single handedly picked all d candidates 4d elections against d wishes of d majority in APC? So when oshiomole did it, it was democratic. When obaseki did d same thing, its now undemocratic

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Cannot Be A Governor And Not Be A Governor" - Godwin Obaseki Laments by skedman(m): 9:13am On Jul 20, 2019
drtwist:

what is the correlation between what he said and what you have written.
If he never voted for buhari who then do you want him to vote for Atiku ? Please you need to start reading

1 Like

Re: "I Cannot Be A Governor And Not Be A Governor" - Godwin Obaseki Laments by lexy2014: 9:18am On Jul 20, 2019
buharitill2023:
this is the reason I hate obaseki, his disloyalty and betrayal is given Idiotic pigs of bia fra opportunity to be insulting buhari and oshomole. That is the main reason we can not forgive obaseki, he must be kick out from APC by all means. Let he go to PDP and he will lose.

His loyalty is 2d people of Edo state first& foremost b4 any other person or persons. Except u don't know, Obaseki is following d precedent set by Oshiomole who "abolished" godfatherism in Edo state. So obaseki isn't accountable to any godfather cos d practice has been abolished in Edo state. If buhari & oshiomole get insulted by other Nigerians, then u should ask urself why. That's how people learn

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "I Cannot Be A Governor And Not Be A Governor" - Godwin Obaseki Laments by Fareedahlee44(f): 9:29am On Jul 20, 2019
ekestic1976:
You couldn't have said it any better.... Bravo

1 Like

Re: "I Cannot Be A Governor And Not Be A Governor" - Godwin Obaseki Laments by srclark: 9:32am On Jul 20, 2019
Pharmoscandy:
Hear mumu talk...if u can't be governor... Resign na
Re: "I Cannot Be A Governor And Not Be A Governor" - Godwin Obaseki Laments by omerukokwuru(m): 9:33am On Jul 20, 2019
praise010:

Emperor okpolor 1 of edo state

Re: "I Cannot Be A Governor And Not Be A Governor" - Godwin Obaseki Laments by srclark: 9:35am On Jul 20, 2019
Oshiomole should let this man be .I hate people that can’t taken a portion of their own pill .who questioned Oshiomole when he was the governor and passing budget with 9 members , who questioned him when he removed the speaker then, who questioned him when he removed the roof of the house of assembly and meetings where done in government house .Baba should go and sit somewhere .Baba own don too much

1 Like

Re: "I Cannot Be A Governor And Not Be A Governor" - Godwin Obaseki Laments by buharitill2023: 9:36am On Jul 20, 2019
spirul77:
in terms of infrastructure, obaseki is working in Benin metropolis, but he must be remove for his disloyalty and betrayal. I hate people like obaseki that always betray right from his forefathers.
Re: "I Cannot Be A Governor And Not Be A Governor" - Godwin Obaseki Laments by blackboy(m): 9:40am On Jul 20, 2019
True talk. A man with balls

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Sanusi: I Warned Buhari’s Govt That Its Policies Will Destroy Nigeria’s Economy / Fear Grips Politicians As Buhari Vows To Clean NNPC “mess” / Dickson Sanctions 500 Workers For Supporting APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.