Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,144 members, 7,815,011 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:37 AM

"I Cannot Be A Governor And Not Be A Governor" - Godwin Obaseki Laments - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "I Cannot Be A Governor And Not Be A Governor" - Godwin Obaseki Laments (29948 Views)

Kwara State Governor And His 26 Years Old Commissioner / Obaseki Laments Underdevelopment In South-South Despite Being Most Funded Region / Governor Godwin Obaseki Sleeping At UN General Assembly (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "I Cannot Be A Governor And Not Be A Governor" - Godwin Obaseki Laments by Sunsets: 9:41am On Jul 20, 2019
Heaven is far from you.
omerukokwuru:
Emperor okpolor 1 of edo state
Re: "I Cannot Be A Governor And Not Be A Governor" - Godwin Obaseki Laments by UnitedFront: 9:42am On Jul 20, 2019
drtwist:
Godfatherism at work. Anyway you campaign and rigged for Buhari, so suffer the change you campaign for.

I wish Buhari can have third term, so those voted for him will suffer more. Africans it's time we rise up against bad leadership.

All of you, bitter losers, when are you going to get tired of saying this trash? Small thing like this, the next is "you voted for Buhari, you rigged for APC".

3 Likes

Re: "I Cannot Be A Governor And Not Be A Governor" - Godwin Obaseki Laments by Unigrad: 9:47am On Jul 20, 2019
NextGovernor:

He never fought for the masses. He has been conning since his NLC days just that he played his game well then. My broda that man is the most corrupt Governor edo have ever had.

For a governor to say this, u know he has endure alot.

Just imagine talk. Did Oshiomole pay loyalty one day to Igbinedion and Eze Iyamu that brought him and financed his election as Governor. He fought so hard against the powerful Chief Tony Anenih as Godfather in Edo and now you want to be what your fought against.

My brother Edo is not Lagos. Nobody lick asss over here. Go to your Lagos and be doing loyalty by giving the whole state money to one man. It cant happen in Edo.
If you believe oshiomole was fighting godfatherism in Edo state, better think well. All those fight in media were absolutely rubbish. Catigate them on media and pay homeage to them secretly. Where did Oshiomole and igbinedion fought lead to? Were all not media propaganda?

1 Like

Re: "I Cannot Be A Governor And Not Be A Governor" - Godwin Obaseki Laments by luluosas(m): 9:57am On Jul 20, 2019
Godfatherism at play, orchestrated by Oshiomhole
Re: "I Cannot Be A Governor And Not Be A Governor" - Godwin Obaseki Laments by Bizibi(m): 9:57am On Jul 20, 2019
buharitill2023:
and idiotic pigs of PDP were insulting oshomole because of thos same stupid obaseki, it was this same stupid obaseki that cause quarrel between ize iyamu and oshomole. Betrayal obaseki can Port to PDP, no room for betrayals in APC.
smh,my people you see what sycophancy can do.....
Re: "I Cannot Be A Governor And Not Be A Governor" - Godwin Obaseki Laments by TheWordist(m): 9:58am On Jul 20, 2019
dunkem21:
Shut up Mr. Man and behave like Ambode tongue
look at this slowpoke, mini livered baboon first class odeh if to say everybody be like you, abacha for still be president till the second coming. Borno red goat
Re: "I Cannot Be A Governor And Not Be A Governor" - Godwin Obaseki Laments by kayevans: 10:02am On Jul 20, 2019
Oga shataap dia. When you were a beneficiary of the corrupt system and election rigging u no talk. If u no wan govern,RESIGN!
Re: "I Cannot Be A Governor And Not Be A Governor" - Godwin Obaseki Laments by Nobody: 10:02am On Jul 20, 2019
After reading your comment, I felt you might be stupid.... I have a video where oshiomole was thanking Obaseki for making him the governor of Edo State
ekestic1976:
"That's not true stop giving false information that is how you deceive people, who did Oshiomole fight, the Igbinedion for stealing the state blind and acquiring thousand of acres of land that he took back to the state, is that bad, stop deciving people. The present governor Obaseki was a nobody before Oshiomole made him who he is today, tell me if you have ever heard is name in Nigeria.The governor Obaseki is a divisive man
he is dismantling Oshiomole is political structure to the extent that the last Apc primary, the governor went to the media to call results when he did not allowed electorate to vote, is that democracy, look how he can't even manage 24 Apc legislative members, the state party is extremely divided all because Obaseki doesn't know how to unite people. He gave proclamation with no time, date and venue, all to play out illegality and now it has backfired on him. Oshiomole is a unifier and a strong leader, the people that hate him are pdp sypathizers, Igbos and Ishan central of Edo state, they play their politics with hate and false propaganda just to destroy. The governor should go and put is house together, you are crying you couldn't even make decisions in federal appointment when you are destroying Oshiomole is structure and expect him to give you opportunity, when you are sacking commissioners loyal to the man, please wake up and change your ways, learn how to treat people well, be loyal to those that uplift you, stop taking advice from pdp in Edo state who are waiting in the wings to destroy Apc and steal the leadership and also you lack that fatherly qualities on how to unite and stop listening to gossip cause that's your major flaw".

1 Like

Re: "I Cannot Be A Governor And Not Be A Governor" - Godwin Obaseki Laments by Indispensable85(m): 10:13am On Jul 20, 2019
Obaseki and Oshiomhole, the both of you are hypocrites.
Obaseki said he doesn't have time for politics that he solely wants to focus on governance but today you want to dictate appointments everywhere. Oshiomhole said no more godfatherism,today he wants to be Edo tinubu.
You guys should kill yourselves! Two billionaire criminals at each other's throat for personal aggrandizement.

3 Likes

Re: "I Cannot Be A Governor And Not Be A Governor" - Godwin Obaseki Laments by DeRay98(m): 10:15am On Jul 20, 2019
ekestic1976:
"That's not true stop giving false information that is how you deceive people, who did Oshiomole fight, the Igbinedion for stealing the state blind and acquiring thousand of acres of land that he took back to the state, is that bad, stop deciving people. The present governor Obaseki was a nobody before Oshiomole made him who he is today, tell me if you have ever heard is name in Nigeria.The governor Obaseki is a divisive man
he is dismantling Oshiomole is political structure to the extent that the last Apc primary, the governor went to the media to call results when he did not allowed electorate to vote, is that democracy, look how he can't even manage 24 Apc legislative members, the state party is extremely divided all because Obaseki doesn't know how to unite people. He gave proclamation with no time, date and venue, all to play out illegality and now it has backfired on him. Oshiomole is a unifier and a strong leader, the people that hate him are pdp sypathizers, Igbos and Ishan central of Edo state, they play their politics with hate and false propaganda just to destroy. The governor should go and put is house together, you are crying you couldn't even make decisions in federal appointment when you are destroying Oshiomole is structure and expect him to give you opportunity, when you are sacking commissioners loyal to the man, please wake up and change your ways, learn how to treat people well, be loyal to those that uplift you, stop taking advice from pdp in Edo state who are waiting in the wings to destroy Apc and steal the leadership and also you lack that fatherly qualities on how to unite and stop listening to gossip cause that's your major flaw".

The misinformation here is that you're one of those who Oshiomhole fooled and you carry the lies most uninformed people carry.
There's video that has gone viral on whatsapp this week where Oshiomhole addressed people from a podium.
Where he vomited how Obaseki called him and told him to come contest in Edo that he (Obaseki) will mobilise his friends and rich Edo people in business to fund him to contest election.

Oshiomhole as a labour leader had not the kind of money needed to contest election against the federal might of pdp and rich pdp members in Edo, he hadn't the money to build political structure that he built in Edo.
Same Oshiomhole beg Obaseki to join him to use knowledge of the corporate world to build Edo and appointed Obaseki to head the economic team which was the back bone of Oshiomhole's success.
Campaigning for Obaseki to succeed him was to return favour to Obaseki for believing in him, raising funds to help him become. For helping his administration to succeed because of the economic team and strategy Obaseki employed for his govt.
Yet, you're all being more Catholic than the Pope.
Oshiomhole is the ingrate and he'll soon know that power is trancient.
My friend go see that video because internet doesn't forgot what is put there.

2 Likes

Re: "I Cannot Be A Governor And Not Be A Governor" - Godwin Obaseki Laments by toogbasky(m): 10:19am On Jul 20, 2019
This is the only person that lives in Edo; I don’t understand other comments
ekestic1976:

1 Like

Re: "I Cannot Be A Governor And Not Be A Governor" - Godwin Obaseki Laments by follock007(m): 10:22am On Jul 20, 2019
do it yourself syndrome
Re: "I Cannot Be A Governor And Not Be A Governor" - Godwin Obaseki Laments by chozzy: 10:25am On Jul 20, 2019
Abi oo
Re: "I Cannot Be A Governor And Not Be A Governor" - Godwin Obaseki Laments by diogochantel: 10:32am On Jul 20, 2019
Pray for God's protection, because this people are greedy & desperate.

Edo State Governor Godwin Obaseki laments as he cant nominate somebody for federal appointment and make critical decisions. Gistvic Reports.

Godwin Obaseki laments while speaking with members of the Benin Community resident in the Federal Capital Territory at Edo State Lodge, Abuja, on Friday.

He said:

Watch Video:

SOurce: https://www.gistvic.com/2019/07/i-cannot-be-governor-and-not-be.html[/quote]
Re: "I Cannot Be A Governor And Not Be A Governor" - Godwin Obaseki Laments by boogie2: 10:35am On Jul 20, 2019
ekestic1976:

But you know these are all lies. You must be one of the agberos Oshiomole empowered after rigging elections. The educated elites of Edo state love Obaseki. Obaseki is the most educated governor Nigeria has. He can easily express his vision and mission without reading a prepared script. Intellectually oshiomole is a big dunce compared to obaseki. If oshiomole was a sincere person he has enough on his plate as apc national Chairman. Or can he say all is well with the party. Oshiomole is the type that need power for power sake.
Re: "I Cannot Be A Governor And Not Be A Governor" - Godwin Obaseki Laments by asobo: 10:39am On Jul 20, 2019
ekestic1976:
Gibberish mtchew. If only you were apolitical. Oshiomole certainly will be humbled.
Re: "I Cannot Be A Governor And Not Be A Governor" - Godwin Obaseki Laments by asobo: 10:43am On Jul 20, 2019
DeRay98:

The misinformation here is that you're one of those who Oshiomhole fooled and you carry the lies most uninformed people carry.
There's video that has gone viral on whatsapp this week where Oshiomhole addressed people from a podium.
Where he vomited how Obaseki called him and told him to come contest in Edo that he (Obaseki) will mobilise his friends and rich Edo people in business to fund him to contest election.

Oshiomhole as a labour leader had not the kind of money needed to contest election against the federal might of pdp and rich pdp members in Edo, he hadn't the money to build political structure that he built in Edo.
Same Oshiomhole beg Obaseki to join him to use knowledge of the corporate world to build Edo and appointed Obaseki to head the economic team which was the back bone of Oshiomhole's success.
Campaigning for Obaseki to succeed him was to return favour to Obaseki for believing in him, raising funds to help him become. For helping his administration to succeed because of the economic team and strategy Obaseki employed for his govt.
Yet, you're all being Catholic than the Pope.
Oshiomhole is the ingrate and he'll soon know that power trancient.
My friend go see that video because internet doesn't forgot is put there.
Thank you.

1 Like

Re: "I Cannot Be A Governor And Not Be A Governor" - Godwin Obaseki Laments by asobo: 10:45am On Jul 20, 2019
buharitill2023:
I thought you remember when oshomole was taken all the insults from idiotic pigs of bia fra terrorist party PDP because of betrayal obaseki
Dementia at work.
Re: "I Cannot Be A Governor And Not Be A Governor" - Godwin Obaseki Laments by lordsterlin(m): 11:02am On Jul 20, 2019
Gistvic:

Edo State Governor Godwin Obaseki laments as he cant nominate somebody for federal appointment and make critical decisions. Gistvic Reports.

Godwin Obaseki laments while speaking with members of the Benin Community resident in the Federal Capital Territory at Edo State Lodge, Abuja, on Friday.

He said:

Watch Video:

SOurce: https://www.gistvic.com/2019/07/i-cannot-be-governor-and-not-be.html

Obaseki is an ingrate!!! Did he win the governorship election by himself, someone definitely helped him and that person is Adams. If it was convenient for him to be governor despite he's lack of popularity against the PDP candidate then, is it not also proper that he remains puppet to the person who made his dreams come true?

2 Likes

Re: "I Cannot Be A Governor And Not Be A Governor" - Godwin Obaseki Laments by anonymous1759(m): 11:13am On Jul 20, 2019
[quote author=drtwist post=80444361]Godfatherism at work. Anyway you campaign and rigged for Buhari, so suffer the change you campaign for.

I wish Buhari can have third term, so those voted for him will suffer more. Africans it's time we rise up against bad leadership.[/quote

Hope you also understand that the PDP and Atiku are also bad form of Leadership?? The reason why the Presidential ticket was given to him (Atiku) was based on popularity and money. Same thing with Apc buhari was given automatic ticket because of popularity.

Nigerians had better opportunity to vote for fresh candidate but we opt for two old men. I get irritated when pdp criticises Apc because both parties are the same. If 16 yrs was maximized I don't see how another political party would emerge and defeat you.

1 Like

Re: "I Cannot Be A Governor And Not Be A Governor" - Godwin Obaseki Laments by Nobody: 11:29am On Jul 20, 2019
Enjoy your Next Level grin

1 Like

Re: "I Cannot Be A Governor And Not Be A Governor" - Godwin Obaseki Laments by Myself2(m): 11:52am On Jul 20, 2019
praise010:
I remember watching Oshiomole describe the negetive effect of God fatherism in Nigeria Politics and how he defeated the God father's in Edo.

Today he want to be the Emperor!

Exactly
Re: "I Cannot Be A Governor And Not Be A Governor" - Godwin Obaseki Laments by GenFunction: 12:14pm On Jul 20, 2019
based on say ur godfather dey demand returns abi?
Re: "I Cannot Be A Governor And Not Be A Governor" - Godwin Obaseki Laments by nickxtra(m): 12:30pm On Jul 20, 2019
Born2Breed:
"No man be god"

Oshiomole cup go soon full, those House of Assembly members supporting Oshiomole from Edo south will soon hear whinnn...unless them wan carry their houses and family go sky.
Tribal bigot. This is not a fight between Edo South and other Districts in the state, but a fight between a a greedy father and a disobedient son. Stop trivialising issues.

2 Likes

Re: "I Cannot Be A Governor And Not Be A Governor" - Godwin Obaseki Laments by duwdu: 1:05pm On Jul 20, 2019
Gistvic:

He said:
"I have endured so much as a Governor. As a governor have not been able to even nominate somebody for a federal appointment and mean while federal appointment are made everyday. I cant be governor and not a governor, I should be able to make decisions which are in my view and in the best interest of Edo State. If your children are fighting and you cannot settle them, then what authority do you have.

Watch Video:

SOurce: https://www.gistvic.com/2019/07/i-cannot-be-governor-and-not-be.html

This is nonsense. What rights have a governor got to nominate anyone for federal appointments? Was the Governor elected as a Federal officer? And is the President or VP making his state appointments for the Governor or imposing nominees on him for political posts for the state?

How did some of these governors come to acquire this much sense of entitlement? SMDH.

P34c3

1 Like

Re: "I Cannot Be A Governor And Not Be A Governor" - Godwin Obaseki Laments by Osezzua(m): 1:12pm On Jul 20, 2019
ekestic1976:

Politics of ethnicity......

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What's Wrong With This PDP Weird ‘Ojuju Calabar’ Newspaper Adverts? (Pic) / Abia Declared Safest State In South-East As NMA Games Begin In Umuahia / Kano Explosion: 9 Bodies Recovered From The Rubble Of Collapsed Building

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.