Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,291 members, 7,815,507 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:39 PM

"I Cannot Be A Governor And Not Be A Governor" - Godwin Obaseki Laments - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "I Cannot Be A Governor And Not Be A Governor" - Godwin Obaseki Laments (29953 Views)

Kwara State Governor And His 26 Years Old Commissioner / Obaseki Laments Underdevelopment In South-South Despite Being Most Funded Region / Governor Godwin Obaseki Sleeping At UN General Assembly (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "I Cannot Be A Governor And Not Be A Governor" - Godwin Obaseki Laments by hyperflex(m): 1:32pm On Jul 20, 2019
For a product of godfatherism he sure has a lot to say. Did he say this when oshiomole was scouting for candidates!? If u don’t wanna be dictated to then he shld have don it all by himself. And watch this guy when he finished his term he wld wanna impose also. If not for godfather wld he even be governor!?

3 Likes

Re: "I Cannot Be A Governor And Not Be A Governor" - Godwin Obaseki Laments by naphunlimited(m): 1:45pm On Jul 20, 2019
Time for you to take full charge and Govern you people without godfatherism.
Re: "I Cannot Be A Governor And Not Be A Governor" - Godwin Obaseki Laments by JuanDeDios: 2:07pm On Jul 20, 2019
Born2Breed:
"No man be god"

Oshiomole cup go soon full, [b]those House of Assembly members supporting Oshiomole from Edo south [/b]will soon hear whinnn...unless them wan carry their houses and family go sky.
I always knew someone would soon start ethnicising the issue to divide Edo State. How is this an Edo South issue? You must think you're more Bini than the Oba who is working for an amicbale resolution.

1 Like

Re: "I Cannot Be A Governor And Not Be A Governor" - Godwin Obaseki Laments by ledamaster(m): 2:21pm On Jul 20, 2019
ekestic1976:
"That's not true stop giving false information that is how you deceive people, who did Oshiomole fight, the Igbinedion for stealing the state blind and acquiring thousand of acres of land that he took back to the state, is that bad, stop deciving people. The present governor Obaseki was a nobody before Oshiomole made him who he is today, tell me if you have ever heard is name in Nigeria.The governor Obaseki is a divisive man
he is dismantling Oshiomole is political structure to the extent that the last Apc primary, the governor went to the media to call results when he did not allowed electorate to vote, is that democracy, look how he can't even manage 24 Apc legislative members, the state party is extremely divided all because Obaseki doesn't know how to unite people. He gave proclamation with no time, date and venue, all to play out illegality and now it has backfired on him. Oshiomole is a unifier and a strong leader, the people that hate him are pdp sypathizers, Igbos and Ishan central of Edo state, they play their politics with hate and false propaganda just to destroy. The governor should go and put is house together, you are crying you couldn't even make decisions in federal appointment when you are destroying Oshiomole is structure and expect him to give you opportunity, when you are sacking commissioners loyal to the man, please wake up and change your ways, learn how to treat people well, be loyal to those that uplift you, stop taking advice from pdp in Edo state who are waiting in the wings to destroy Apc and steal the leadership and also you lack that fatherly qualities on how to unite and stop listening to gossip cause that's your major flaw".

what a stvpid post. What concerns igbos here?
Re: "I Cannot Be A Governor And Not Be A Governor" - Godwin Obaseki Laments by LLMG: 2:29pm On Jul 20, 2019
It's you who should shut up.
dunkem21:
Shut up Mr. Man and behave like Ambode tongue
Re: "I Cannot Be A Governor And Not Be A Governor" - Godwin Obaseki Laments by ernieboy(m): 2:31pm On Jul 20, 2019
ekestic1976:
"That's not true stop giving false information that is how you deceive people, who did Oshiomole fight, the Igbinedion for stealing the state blind and acquiring thousand of acres of land that he took back to the state, is that bad, stop deciving people. The present governor Obaseki was a nobody before Oshiomole made him who he is today, tell me if you have ever heard is name in Nigeria.The governor Obaseki is a divisive man
he is dismantling Oshiomole is political structure to the extent that the last Apc primary, the governor went to the media to call results when he did not allowed electorate to vote, is that democracy, look how he can't even manage 24 Apc legislative members, the state party is extremely divided all because Obaseki doesn't know how to unite people. He gave proclamation with no time, date and venue, all to play out illegality and now it has backfired on him. Oshiomole is a unifier and a strong leader, the people that hate him are pdp sypathizers, Igbos and Ishan central of Edo state, they play their politics with hate and false propaganda just to destroy. The governor should go and put is house together, you are crying you couldn't even make decisions in federal appointment when you are destroying Oshiomole is structure and expect him to give you opportunity, when you are sacking commissioners loyal to the man, please wake up and change your ways, learn how to treat people well, be loyal to those that uplift you, stop taking advice from pdp in Edo state who are waiting in the wings to destroy Apc and steal the leadership and also you lack that fatherly qualities on how to unite and stop listening to gossip cause that's your major flaw".
please add edo south (binis) to the list of people who hate him.
Re: "I Cannot Be A Governor And Not Be A Governor" - Godwin Obaseki Laments by ejemamaka: 2:38pm On Jul 20, 2019
Re: "I Cannot Be A Governor And Not Be A Governor" - Godwin Obaseki Laments by ernieboy(m): 2:39pm On Jul 20, 2019
EgusiShankly:
Oga, I would love that you list the tangible things oshiomole in eight years did/perform in Edo north... and please don't mention Iyahmo and auchi as these are not the only places in the zone...
Thanks!
Edo north has other places like owan and co. oshomhole only concentrated on his etsako parts and idiots are here shouting.

1 Like

Re: "I Cannot Be A Governor And Not Be A Governor" - Godwin Obaseki Laments by LLMG: 2:39pm On Jul 20, 2019
Keep lying to yourself.
spirul77:
I laugh when those from outside EDO state believe the propaganda that he's wake and see governor, since this man assume office he hasn't even grade a single road in EDO north, there's no one single tangible thing he has done, I repeat no one single thing, if you know he has done otherwise I dare you to mention them here, he promised two hundred thousand jobs during campaign only to come out to say he has created 77 thousand already and it's almost four years lol, his gentleman look and composure really deceive people, he's not done one quarter of what oshiomole did in oshiomoles first 6 months in office in his three years so far, I stand to be corrected with facts. he's just an average selfish and power hungry curroption ridden Nigerian governor

1 Like

Re: "I Cannot Be A Governor And Not Be A Governor" - Godwin Obaseki Laments by ernieboy(m): 2:49pm On Jul 20, 2019
DeRay98:

The misinformation here is that you're one of those who Oshiomhole fooled and you carry the lies most uninformed people carry.
There's video that has gone viral on whatsapp this week where Oshiomhole addressed people from a podium.
Where he vomited how Obaseki called him and told him to come contest in Edo that he (Obaseki) will mobilise his friends and rich Edo people in business to fund him to contest election.

Oshiomhole as a labour leader had not the kind of money needed to contest election against the federal might of pdp and rich pdp members in Edo, he hadn't the money to build political structure that he built in Edo.
Same Oshiomhole beg Obaseki to join him to use knowledge of the corporate world to build Edo and appointed Obaseki to head the economic team which was the back bone of Oshiomhole's success.
Campaigning for Obaseki to succeed him was to return favour to Obaseki for believing in him, raising funds to help him become. For helping his administration to succeed because of the economic team and strategy Obaseki employed for his govt.
Yet, you're all being more Catholic than the Pope.
Oshiomhole is the ingrate and he'll soon know that power is trancient.
My friend go see that video because internet doesn't forgot what is put there.
can you share a link to the video?

1 Like

Re: "I Cannot Be A Governor And Not Be A Governor" - Godwin Obaseki Laments by ernieboy(m): 2:53pm On Jul 20, 2019
nickxtra:
Tribal bigot. This is not a fight between Edo South and other Districts in the state, but a fight between a a greedy father and a disobedient son. Stop trivialising issues.
oga forget that thing, when osho was gov he got the full support of the binis, we even voted against one of our own in PDP to reelect him, now he thinks he can ride over our intelligence, we will see.
Re: "I Cannot Be A Governor And Not Be A Governor" - Godwin Obaseki Laments by yemex04(m): 4:05pm On Jul 20, 2019
I am really suprised at people calling oshiomole a tyrant or Godfather...was it not the same God fatherism that he used to support him to become a Governor? Would Obaseki have become a governor without the support of the so called "Godfather''? the truth is that you can not bite a finger that feeds you..If some1 is bigger than you, u learn how to fight that person with wisdom...I was told Obaseki was a political lightweight until The same osho he now demonises brought him to limelight..For me, Oshiomole is nt anyway a tyrant, He is just withdrawing his support from you..if you can survive without his support..Goodluck! But he has the right to support anyone he so wishes..it's not a crime..
Re: "I Cannot Be A Governor And Not Be A Governor" - Godwin Obaseki Laments by EgusiShankly: 5:22pm On Jul 20, 2019
ernieboy:
Edo north has other places like owan and co. oshomhole only concentrated on his etsako parts and idiots are here shouting.
don't mind them
Re: "I Cannot Be A Governor And Not Be A Governor" - Godwin Obaseki Laments by nickxtra(m): 5:30pm On Jul 20, 2019
ernieboy:
oga forget that thing, when osho was gov he got the full support of the binis, we even voted against one of our own in PDP to reelect him, now he thinks he can ride over our intelligence, we will see.
Really? And you think Oshiomole is fighting for a non Bini to take over as Governor? Do you know the people behind the uprising against Obaseki? If you don't know, let me tell you that they are sons and daughters of Benin. Osa Okunbor, Gen. Ariabele, the Igodomido himself, Eribo, Kabaka and a lots more are all Binis. I think you don't know what's going on, so better stay clear from this political roforofo. Oba of Benin himself has handed over the matter to the gods of Edo to decide.

1 Like

Re: "I Cannot Be A Governor And Not Be A Governor" - Godwin Obaseki Laments by NoBetterNigeria: 5:54pm On Jul 20, 2019
Comprehension is your problem, reason you didn't get message.

Pharmoscandy:
Hear mumu talk...if u can't be governor... Resign na
Re: "I Cannot Be A Governor And Not Be A Governor" - Godwin Obaseki Laments by ernieboy(m): 9:25pm On Jul 20, 2019
nickxtra:
Really? And you think Oshiomole is fighting for a non Bini to take over as Governor? Do you know the people behind the uprising against Obaseki? If you don't know, let me tell you that they are sons and daughters of Benin. Osa Okunbor, Gen. Ariabele, the Igodomido himself, Eribo, Kabaka and a lots more are all Binis. I think you don't know what's going on, so better stay clear from this political roforofo. Oba of Benin himself has handed over the matter to the gods of Edo to decide.
of course I know those fellows, they are just pawns whose only interest is their stomach.
Re: "I Cannot Be A Governor And Not Be A Governor" - Godwin Obaseki Laments by gaskiyamagana: 10:38pm On Jul 20, 2019
NextGovernor:

He never fought for the masses. He has been conning since his NLC days just that he played his game well then. My broda that man is the most corrupt Governor edo have ever had.

For a governor to say this, u know he has endure alot.

Just imagine talk. Did Oshiomole pay loyalty one day to Igbinedion and Eze Iyamu that brought him and financed his election as Governor. He fought so hard against the powerful Chief Tony Anenih as Godfather in Edo and now you want to be what your fought against.

My brother Edo is not Lagos. Nobody lick asss over here. Go to your Lagos and be doing loyalty by giving the whole state money to one man. It cant happen in Edo.
Not only in Lagos oo, infact, osun State has been annexed as well.

1 Like

Re: "I Cannot Be A Governor And Not Be A Governor" - Godwin Obaseki Laments by gaskiyamagana: 10:46pm On Jul 20, 2019
There is nothing new in the political tussle between the two. Always, the political godfathers often over step their boundaries.
Re: "I Cannot Be A Governor And Not Be A Governor" - Godwin Obaseki Laments by Ubenedictus(m): 11:07pm On Jul 20, 2019
Why is this one always crying.

Federal nomination is not part of your job, you may have an input but it is mainly a party matter. I don't know why you are crying about this

1 Like

Re: "I Cannot Be A Governor And Not Be A Governor" - Godwin Obaseki Laments by Ubenedictus(m): 11:23pm On Jul 20, 2019
gaskiyamagana:
There is nothing new in the political tussle between the two. Always, the political godfathers often over step their boundaries.
the wahala here is that oshiomole didn't even overstep.

The real issues is between obaseki and 80% of the APC structure in Benin, they wanted him gone and have been trying to lobby oshiomole to their side. Oshiomole actually refused to wade into the petty issue because he was already national chairman and he gave obaseki freedom over Benin politics.

Obaseki finally spoilt the whole thing by refusing to inaugurate lawmakers that are not of his faction, this is finally what has clicked for them and they know that oshiomole must answer this issue because of his position as party chairman.

You will notice how Oba kindly removed himself from the matter
Re: "I Cannot Be A Governor And Not Be A Governor" - Godwin Obaseki Laments by Ubenedictus(m): 11:25pm On Jul 20, 2019
JuanDeDios:

I always knew someone would soon start ethnicising the issue to divide Edo State. How is this an Edo South issue? You must think you're more Bini than the Oba who is working for an amicbale resolution.
don't mind them so people will always be tribalistic
Re: "I Cannot Be A Governor And Not Be A Governor" - Godwin Obaseki Laments by Ubenedictus(m): 11:26pm On Jul 20, 2019
LLMG:
Keep lying to yourself.
he is actually saying the truth. I was in EDO north recently, not a single new project. it seems the wake and see stopped In Benin
Re: "I Cannot Be A Governor And Not Be A Governor" - Godwin Obaseki Laments by Ubenedictus(m): 11:35pm On Jul 20, 2019
buharitill2023:
in terms of infrastructure, obaseki is working in Benin metropolis, but he must be remove for his disloyalty and betrayal. I hate people like obaseki that always betray right from his forefathers.
this is exactly what Agho Obaseki did to the Oba and became regent in Benin.
Re: "I Cannot Be A Governor And Not Be A Governor" - Godwin Obaseki Laments by Ubenedictus(m): 11:40pm On Jul 20, 2019
srclark:
Oshiomole should let this man be .I hate people that can’t taken a portion of their own pill .who questioned Oshiomole when he was the governor and passing budget with 9 members , who questioned him when he removed the speaker then, who questioned him when he removed the roof of the house of assembly and meetings where done in government house .Baba should go and sit somewhere .Baba own don too much
did oshiomole lock out the other lawmakers or hold sessions at night? Ofcourse you can pass anything once you have a quorum. The case here is he refused to inaugurate lawmakers who are not his fraction, that is not right, he could have influenced it, even change the sitting but you have to proclaim a house publicly not in secret. Even oshiomole who had a lot of pdp lawmakers made well to Inaugurate them properly.
Re: "I Cannot Be A Governor And Not Be A Governor" - Godwin Obaseki Laments by Ubenedictus(m): 11:41pm On Jul 20, 2019
lexy2014:

His loyalty is 2d people of Edo state first& foremost b4 any other person or persons. Except u don't know, Obaseki is following d precedent set by Oshiomole who "abolished" godfatherism in Edo state. So obaseki isn't accountable to any godfather cos d practice has been abolished in Edo state. If buhari & oshiomole get insulted by other Nigerians, then u should ask urself why. That's how people learn
no body is asking him to bow down to godfathers, he should learn to do things properly
Re: "I Cannot Be A Governor And Not Be A Governor" - Godwin Obaseki Laments by Ubenedictus(m): 11:42pm On Jul 20, 2019
lexy2014:

This was d same oshiomole that was shouting no more godfatherism in Edo state in reference to Anenih.
how is oshiomole a godfather in EDO when t
He gave obaseki the party structure?
Re: "I Cannot Be A Governor And Not Be A Governor" - Godwin Obaseki Laments by Jorussia(m): 11:42pm On Jul 20, 2019
Ubenedictus:
he is actually saying the truth. I was in EDO north recently, not a single new project. it seems the wake and see stopped In Benin
The problem with Obaseki is he wants to become the godfather of Edo APC politics without working for it.Obaseki didn't sponsor financially the elections of APC House of Assembly lawmakers yet he wants to control them.When he stopped ticketing in Edo state,all APC leaders in Edo state including Adams Oshiomhole supported him.Adams Oshiomhole was not interested in Edo APC affairs until obaseki illegally and purportedly inaugurated the house at night.I feel ashamed when i see obaseki lie on tv concerning what's going on in the state.I supported his election in my ward with my own money.There is no way he can justify the purported inauguration of the house of Assembly when the evidences against his illegal actions are so glaring.
Re: "I Cannot Be A Governor And Not Be A Governor" - Godwin Obaseki Laments by Ubenedictus(m): 11:45pm On Jul 20, 2019
boogie2:

But you know these are all lies. You must be one of the agberos Oshiomole empowered after rigging elections. The educated elites of Edo state love Obaseki. Obaseki is the most educated governor Nigeria has. He can easily express his vision and mission without reading a prepared script. Intellectually oshiomole is a big dunce compared to obaseki. If oshiomole was a sincere person he has enough on his plate as apc national Chairman. Or can he say all is well with the party. Oshiomole is the type that need power for power sake.
lol

We have had a PhD president who flopped. Obaseki has done nothing outside Benin, his vision is on paper and maybe when he is through with 1st term we will now start comparing

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Where Are Those Fake Pastors, Prophets That Said Tinubu Won't Be President / Zahra Buhari Carries Baby Musa. He Looks Healthy Now / Photo: Osinbajo Commissions Transcorp Afam III Fast Power 240MW Turbines

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.