Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,753 members, 7,813,478 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:49 PM

Atiku's INEC Server, Scam Of The Century (PM News) - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku's INEC Server, Scam Of The Century (PM News) (38073 Views)

Peter Obi Caught Lying On TV Again - PM News / Major Datong Abducted By Bandits At NDA Killed - PM News / Nnamdi Kanu Arrested In Czech Republic - PM News (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atiku's INEC Server, Scam Of The Century (PM News) by rkennyking(m): 4:19pm On Jul 22, 2019
engineerboat:

It's part of INEC internal control mechanism.

Are you saying its the counted vote that eventual gets to Abuja.

Lots of padding by crooked officials
Padding or not if you are the judge will you rule for electronic transmission not constitutional instead of the authentic result because it's padded?? So I think the server did not exist on past election?? Why was it not used ??
Re: Atiku's INEC Server, Scam Of The Century (PM News) by rkennyking(m): 4:27pm On Jul 22, 2019
engineerboat:

Is SCR recognized in our electoral law
Smart card Readers are very different from electronic transmission. The purpose of SCR was contended in court in past election and we all see the result. Which was why incident form was introduced. You see one thing we all after recognize is that election in Nigeria is manual and anything that conflict with that is defeated. If we use any electronic advancements it should assist the manual not jettison it for now. So if manual transmission produce Buhari then E-voting can only corroborate that or it will be discarded. Its just like any new laws in Nigeria that conflicts with existing laws will be discarded for sure
Re: Atiku's INEC Server, Scam Of The Century (PM News) by tuniski: 4:29pm On Jul 22, 2019
Tdred22:
I don't knw why it's hard for people to understand that transmission of results electronically is NOT backed by any law...if u could recall the case of dakuku peterside vs nyesome wike of rivers State at the apex court....dakuku's plead was not accepted because the smart card reader which is an electronic machine is not backed by ANY law....atiku is just wasting his time and money coz he even fail to proof his case....all his witnesses doesn't have concrete evidence about the so called server sex.. ..no evidence to back ur claim nd u want the court to rule in ur favour?...look the law is very clear,we don't have be emotional about this issue...let's face the reality ...don't worry u will all be shocked when INEC open it's defence on the 29th of July
Transmission of result doesnt require law. It is administrative.
Re: Atiku's INEC Server, Scam Of The Century (PM News) by tuniski: 4:32pm On Jul 22, 2019
rkennyking:

Smart card Readers are very different from electronic transmission. The purpose of SCR was contended in court in past election and we all see the result. Which was why incident form was introduced. You see one thing we all after recognize is that election in Nigeria is manual and anything that conflict with that is defeated. If we use any electronic advancements it should assist the manual not jettison it for now. So if manual transmission produce Buhari then E-voting can only corroborate that or it will be discarded. Its just like any new laws in Nigeria that conflicts with existing laws will be discarded for sure
Election remains manual that is the law. However, transmission of result doesn't require legislation. It is up to inec to decide the manner of transmission.

The the declined amended electoral act wanted to make e-transmission compulsory.
Re: Atiku's INEC Server, Scam Of The Century (PM News) by tuniski: 4:34pm On Jul 22, 2019
rkennyking:
Padding or not if you are the judge will you rule for electronic transmission not constitutional instead of the authentic result because it's padded?? So I think the server did not exist on past election?? Why was it not used ??
The two have to agree or the result cancelled.
Re: Atiku's INEC Server, Scam Of The Century (PM News) by Codes151(m): 4:37pm On Jul 22, 2019
Our candidates too. Na another issue.
rkennyking:
like seriously you think so?? And it doesn't occur to you that hacking is a big problem on it's own ??

Break your bubble E-voting should be more expensive a d corruption prone than the manual election we have. You want to what stories that systems are stolen or make dem no even talk at all??. Or the fact that we don't have the infrastructure to run it. Go and check even America did not run full E-voting.
There are lot of disadvantages o and its not advisable for us at this point . I say our problem is not election tell me who are the candidates we have to chose from all rogues lol
Re: Atiku's INEC Server, Scam Of The Century (PM News) by rkennyking(m): 5:05pm On Jul 22, 2019
tuniski:

The two have to agree or the result cancelled.
lol which kind of law is that one. The only legal thing here is manual transmission so if INEC used anything else its there cup of tea what constitution recognised is the only substantial one. All inec need to do is tell Court server is for another purpose. If INEC even try to disqualify any winner it electronic transmission results its war. No court will recognise it. Its a waste of time
Re: Atiku's INEC Server, Scam Of The Century (PM News) by engineerboat(m): 5:07pm On Jul 22, 2019
rkennyking:

So inec can cancel a polling unit because they did use SCR while they turn blind to its non usage in some area right
Re: Atiku's INEC Server, Scam Of The Century (PM News) by rkennyking(m): 5:08pm On Jul 22, 2019
tuniski:

Election remains manual that is the law. However, transmission of result doesn't require legislation. It is up to inec to decide the manner of transmission.

The the declined amended electoral act wanted to make e-transmission compulsory.
so for as long as its not a legal thing then it can't be forced on Inec. Moreover transmission require legislation everything inec do requires. Else it will be nullified. The law of Nigeria only recognized manual transmission go and read up the constitution bro
Re: Atiku's INEC Server, Scam Of The Century (PM News) by rkennyking(m): 5:13pm On Jul 22, 2019
engineerboat:

So inec can cancel a polling unit because they did use SCR while they turn blind to its non usage in some area right
the usage of SCR is with INEC prerogative so its left to them to determine. Its not legal that is what we are saying transmission too is not legal. See the whole verification done on election day can be jettisoned In court by good lawyers . all this SCR and co are all a support system and INec is very careful with them. Yes they may have transmitted election electronically but constitutionally the result can only be recognized when transmitted manually
Re: Atiku's INEC Server, Scam Of The Century (PM News) by engineerboat(m): 5:21pm On Jul 22, 2019
rkennyking:
the usage of SCR is with INEC prerogative so its left to them to determine. Its not legal that is what we are saying transmission too is not legal. See the whole verification done on election day can be jettisoned In court by good lawyers . all this SCR and co are all a support system and INec is very careful with them. Yes they may have transmitted election electronically but constitutionally the result can only be recognized when transmitted manually

CAN you say.

For your information, INEC cancel several polling units because card readers could not authenticate Voters, I am a witness to this.

Even while announcing result, they had to cancel where card readers could not be used.

But you will agree with me, whatever guidelines INEC laid down also have a vital effect on the outcome of the election.

You cannot agree that SCR is not legal, and at the same time the major means of authenticating voters.
Re: Atiku's INEC Server, Scam Of The Century (PM News) by engineerboat(m): 5:23pm On Jul 22, 2019
rkennyking:
so for as long as its not a legal thing then it can't be forced on Inec. Moreover transmission require legislation everything inec do requires. Else it will be nullified. The law of Nigeria only recognized manual transmission go and read up the constitution bro

Does the usage of SCR to authenticate voter require legislative approval
Re: Atiku's INEC Server, Scam Of The Century (PM News) by Alejobs: 5:49pm On Jul 22, 2019
If you don't forgive, you give the past the opportunity it needs to keep you away from the future you desire

1 Like

Re: Atiku's INEC Server, Scam Of The Century (PM News) by rkennyking(m): 5:52pm On Jul 22, 2019
engineerboat:

CAN you say.

For your information, INEC cancel several polling units because card readers could not authenticate Voters, I am a witness to this.

Even while announcing result, they had to cancel where card readers could not be used.

But you will agree with me, whatever guidelines INEC laid down also have a vital effect on the outcome of the election.

You cannot agree that SCR is not legal, and at the same time the major means of authenticating voters.

OK SCR is legal because its within freehand of INEC and also I think there is a legislation to it already. But this is what I see , places where INEC could use SCR but failed to use maybe cancelled and places where its not possible they have to result to incident form. I mean normally its okay to use SCR in Lagos but some places in north its not possible so are we going to disenfranchised those people ?? No but we can have plans to suite this situations which is what INEC did. Borno with lot of terrorism destruction in place can't use SCR or electronic transmission successful. This is the issue . but the problem with transmission is different because the legislation is clear on that, only manual is recognized. If we did use manual transmission successful all over the country we can't use electronic transmission successfully hence the only one we can rely on is manual still
Re: Atiku's INEC Server, Scam Of The Century (PM News) by tuniski: 6:23pm On Jul 22, 2019
rkennyking:
Nobody forced it on INEC rather since INEC used it, it must own up too it.

If it is straightforward like you put it, the defense won't be in panic like they are.
Re: Atiku's INEC Server, Scam Of The Century (PM News) by engineerboat(m): 6:24pm On Jul 22, 2019
rkennyking:
OK SCR is legal because its within freehand of INEC and also I think there is a legislation to it already. But this is what I see , places where INEC could use SCR but failed to use maybe cancelled and places where its not possible they have to result to incident form. I mean normally its okay to use SCR in Lagos but some places in north its not possible so are we going to disenfranchised those people ?? No but we can have plans to suite this situations which is what INEC did. Borno with lot of terrorism destruction in place can't use SCR or electronic transmission successful. This is the issue . but the problem with transmission is different because the legislation is clear on that, only manual is recognized. If we did use manual transmission successful all over the country we can't use electronic transmission successfully hence the only one we can rely on is manual still

Let me gove you a case study.

Where I voted.

The SCR could not authenticate a single voter and at the end The PO and APO waited for replacement, when its getting certain no replacement is forthcoming they said ewe should vote once we can recognize our name from the list.

To my suprise on getting to collation centre, whooas, where SCR could not authenticate voter, such unit amount to zero.

How do you see that
Re: Atiku's INEC Server, Scam Of The Century (PM News) by engineerboat(m): 6:31pm On Jul 22, 2019
Ao INEC cannot bend rule in NE, NW, NC but strictly follow their guidelines in Sw, se, ss

So INEC must tell the court they allow that and they must pbe able to defend the discrepancies

1 Like

Re: Atiku's INEC Server, Scam Of The Century (PM News) by WIXE(m): 11:47am On Jul 23, 2019
Your question is unreasonable, INEC owns the server, , all I did was to send the result of my pooling unit to the server, which is a compulsory process for all PO's
Afamed:

Give us the server address you sent your results to. We are waiting

1 Like

Re: Atiku's INEC Server, Scam Of The Century (PM News) by RoyalUc(m): 1:45pm On Jul 23, 2019
rkennyking:

Yes you can have a voters verification server and system and not have an electronic voting system that should include transmission. Have heard before that in United States of america votes that where conducted manually where transmitted electronically??. We can only transmit votes electronically when we have e-voting. Because somebody that voted manually is not expecting you to go behind and enter result they are not aware of. Assuming the way votes are counted at polling unit and pasted there for verification , inec showed details of electronic transmission to the voters too and agents then we can have a case. But if in the manual authentic result we have A and electronic transmission we have B then we have to discard the electronic transmission because it's not authentic

God bless you, Bro!
I like people who think!
Re: Atiku's INEC Server, Scam Of The Century (PM News) by tuniski: 1:54pm On Jul 23, 2019
rkennyking:

Yes you can have a voters verification server and system and not have an electronic voting system that should include transmission. Have heard before that in United States of america votes that where conducted manually where transmitted electronically??. We can only transmit votes electronically when we have e-voting. Because somebody that voted manually is not expecting you to go behind and enter result they are not aware of. Assuming the way votes are counted at polling unit and pasted there for verification , inec showed details of electronic transmission to the voters too and agents then we can have a case. But if in the manual authentic result we have A and electronic transmission we have B then we have to discard the electronic transmission because it's not authentic
CJN!
Re: Atiku's INEC Server, Scam Of The Century (PM News) by rkennyking(m): 11:43pm On Jul 23, 2019
RoyalUc:

God bless you, Bro!
I like people who think!
Amen bro. . thanks
Re: Atiku's INEC Server, Scam Of The Century (PM News) by tuniski: 4:10pm On Jul 25, 2019
rkennyking:

As long as it is not illegal and inec used it, then they must abide by it.
Re: Atiku's INEC Server, Scam Of The Century (PM News) by rkennyking(m): 11:01pm On Jul 25, 2019
tuniski:

As long as it is not illegal and inec used it, then they must abide by it.
lol thank God law don't work that way. And anything that is not legal is illegal by the fact that the only legally backed transmission method is manual then its illegal to have transmitted election result electronically. Hence even if INEC did its nulled and void
Re: Atiku's INEC Server, Scam Of The Century (PM News) by tuniski: 11:52pm On Jul 25, 2019
rkennyking:
lol thank God law don't work that way. And anything that is not legal is illegal by the fact that the only legally backed transmission method is manual then its illegal to have transmitted election result electronically. Hence even if INEC did its nulled and void
We shall see, next week INEC will open its defense.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Olusegun Obasanjo During His Traditional Wedding Years Back (Photo) / PDP Senators Withdraw Support For Buhari’s Govt / AGF, Malami Appears Before Senate This Morning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.